Dragonball Z 2, In dub form?

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

PsyLiam
I Live Here

Post by PsyLiam » Mon Sep 06, 2004 1:51 pm

What the hell are "Fierce Ramna" and "Zanku fist" suppossed to be, anyway? A really angry transexual attack, and, er, something else?
Romana: "I don't think we should interfere."
Doctor: "Interfere? Of course we should interfere! Always do what you're best at, that's what I say."
[i]-Doctor Who: Nightmare Of Eden[/i]

Ash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Ash » Mon Sep 06, 2004 2:43 pm

And what's a Aunt Sally?

[i]"Rationality, that was it. No esoteric mumbo jumbo could fool that fellow. Lord, no! His two feet were planted solidly on God's good earth"[/i] - The Lamp of God, Ellery Queen

PsyLiam
I Live Here

Post by PsyLiam » Mon Sep 06, 2004 3:28 pm

Ask Worzel Gummage.
Doctor: "Interfere? Of course we should interfere! Always do what you're best at, that's what I say."

Daimao
Mr. Subtitles

Post by Daimao » Thu Sep 09, 2004 10:43 am

PsyLiam wrote:What the hell are "Fierce Ramna" and "Zanku fist" suppossed to be, anyway? A really angry transexual attack, and, er, something else?
Fierce Ranma is 激絶乱魔 ("Gekizetsu Ranma"). Fierce works for the Gekizetsu half, Ranma would be something like "chaotic demon/magic."

Zanku Fist is 斬空拳 ("Zankuken"), or "air cutting technique (er, fist)." I believe it's meant to be an attack where a vacuum vortex is created in mid-air, which tears through an opponent due to the change in pressure (Rando did something like this to Yusuke back in early YYH).

More than you wanted to know.

PsyLiam
I Live Here

Post by PsyLiam » Thu Sep 09, 2004 11:01 pm

If you had worked on the first game, what would you have translated them as?

And are techniques like them every used in DB or DBZ?

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Fri Sep 10, 2004 3:33 pm

Fierce Ranma is 激絶乱魔 ("Gekizetsu Ranma"). Fierce works for the Gekizetsu half, Ranma would be something like "chaotic demon/magic."

Zanku Fist is 斬空拳 ("Zankuken"), or "air cutting technique (er, fist)." I believe it's meant to be an attack where a vacuum vortex is created in mid-air, which tears through an opponent due to the change in pressure (Rando did something like this to Yusuke back in early YYH).

More than you wanted to know.
Actually, that's exactly what I wanted to know. You rock, dude!

Daimao! Daimao Daimao Daimao! Daimao Daimao Daimao...
Daimao's the man, translating DB, because it is so useful...
And he should be so proud because he has his own song which is a parody of a parody of a soooooooooooooooooooooong...
by Survivor...
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!