DragonBall Z Abridged

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

BlazingFiddlesticks
I Live Here

Re: DragonBall Z Abridged

Post by BlazingFiddlesticks » Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:53 am

I admit a lot of the comedic cutaways worked for me (King Kai!), but I can't take issue with anyone complaining we're going out on a fandub. Appreciate Cell's being incorrigible to the bitter end.

"But... I still messed up right?"

"And now you're one of us."

Awww maaaaan. :cry:

Spirit vs Spirit cover was a very nice surprise, purchased right quick.
JulieYBM wrote:
Pannaliciour wrote:Reading all the comments and interviews, my conclusion is: nobody knows what the hell is going on.
Just like Dragon Ball since Chapter #4.
son veku wrote:
Metalwario64 wrote:
BlazingFiddlesticks wrote:Kingdom Piccolo
Where is that located?
Canada

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sat Sep 08, 2018 1:16 pm

Man, this episode was freaking awesome! Way better than Part One, I laughed my ass off when Cell started to sing on the beginning, "Super Dee Twoper Saiyan" was just :lol:

And Goku farewell actually gave me goosebumps like if I was watching the original, props for you guys for using Kikuchi on this scene and King Kai on the end... Oh my gosh! :lol: :clap:

kemuri07 wrote:It's crazy thinking that--what, TFS started the android saga back in 2012?--it's been five fucking years. Five years of waiting for this moment. And oh my god did it delivered.
No, they started on January 28, 2013. It's been 5 years, 7 months, 1 week and 3 days on this arc.
JohnnyCashKami wrote:Sadly seems the case but makes sense, this is a non-profit project so they're not making any bread out of it.
Uh?
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]
FoolsGil wrote:
JohnnyCashKami wrote:What's the reason TFS doesn't use the HD footage from Kai instead?
Because this isn't Dragonball Kai Abridged?
Also, I can't imagine how or when they will do Kai Abridged Episode 3, the first two episodes are so damn funny.
Polyphase Avatron wrote:No joke about how the Cell Jrs. would eventually come back in the DBS manga?
Because it would be irrevalant to make a joke to only a small portion of the franchise who cares about that tidbit on a promotional product?
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

KaiserNeko
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by KaiserNeko » Sat Sep 08, 2018 2:33 pm

I do think it's worth noting that, while we do make money off of the shirts, the merchandise sales that we make in aren't anywhere near enough to sustain the team. Even if we were only doing Dragonball Z Abridged.

3 million subscribers only means there are 3 million people who want to watch. That doesn't translate into sales. People over inflate the value of subscribers.
Check out TeamFourStar's DragonBall Z Abridged:
http://teamfourstar.com/

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sat Sep 08, 2018 2:44 pm

KaiserNeko wrote:I do think it's worth noting that, while we do make money off of the shirts, the merchandise sales that we make in aren't anywhere near enough to sustain the team. Even if we were only doing Dragonball Z Abridged.

3 million subscribers only means there are 3 million people who want to watch. That doesn't translate into sales. People over inflate the value of subscribers.
Yes, but you do make money through your gaming channel, which gathered its audience through the Abridged series. And you have a Patreon with 2.5k patrons. Obviously you don't make money directly from the Abridged series, and you don't make the same another channel with 3M subs and the same amount of views would make, but you're still profiting from the series in some form or another.

Not a dig, though. I think that's all fine.

KaiserNeko

Post by KaiserNeko » Sat Sep 08, 2018 3:00 pm

Doctor. wrote:
KaiserNeko wrote:I do think it's worth noting that, while we do make money off of the shirts, the merchandise sales that we make in aren't anywhere near enough to sustain the team. Even if we were only doing Dragonball Z Abridged.

Yes, but you do make money through your gaming channel, which gathered its audience through the Abridged series. And you have a Patreon with 2.5k patrons. Obviously you don't make money directly from the Abridged series, and you don't make the same another channel with 3M subs and the same amount of views would make, but you're still profiting from the series in some form or another.

All totally fair and valid points. But without working on all of that side content, we wouldn't have any money. That's including the new animated series (plural) that we are working on right now.

PerhapsTheOtherOne
I Live Here

Post by PerhapsTheOtherOne » Sat Sep 08, 2018 3:09 pm

KaiserNeko wrote:
Doctor. wrote:

All totally fair and valid points. But without working on all of that side content, we wouldn't have any money. That's including the new animated series (plural) that we are working on right now.
Don't worry guys, your loyal fans will ALWAYS wait.

But not in that crappy romance-story kind of way. That's f**king weird.

kemuri07
Advanced Regular

Post by kemuri07 » Sat Sep 08, 2018 3:42 pm

Doctor. wrote:

Yeah, but they're not fucking rich. It's not like TFS has a bunch of fuck you money from doing some lets plays and an Abridged Series (no offense).

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Sat Sep 08, 2018 3:59 pm

I know this isn't going to happen any time soon, maybe ever, but seeing you guys do a Shadow Dragons arc Abridged would be super interesting given how Abridged Shenron really hates the fact this select group of people keeps using his any time they need a quick fix to their problems.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

MasenkoHA
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MasenkoHA » Sat Sep 08, 2018 5:09 pm

Welp since part 3 is this next Friday I better get my marathon from the first episode leading up to it started

KaiserNeko

Post by KaiserNeko » Sat Sep 08, 2018 6:10 pm

MrTennek wrote:ugh just end this dreck already...
Just wait til Friday, man.

God, why are fans so inpatient?

PerhapsTheOtherOne
I Live Here

Post by PerhapsTheOtherOne » Sat Sep 08, 2018 6:13 pm

KaiserNeko wrote:

Well, at least you reached the point where your fanbase is large enough to have such trolls :P

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sat Sep 08, 2018 6:23 pm

KaiserNeko wrote:

So, I'm sure you get this all the time, but has a decision been made yet regarding the future of the series post-Cell?

I think last time you said you hadn't decided, but that was a while ago.

KaiserNeko

Post by KaiserNeko » Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:00 pm

Doctor. wrote:
KaiserNeko wrote:

So, I'm sure you get this all the time, but has a decision been made yet regarding the future of the series post-Cell?

Yeah, we're announcing our decision at the end of Part 3.

Big Boss
Regular

Post by Big Boss » Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:48 pm

KaiserNeko wrote:
Doctor. wrote:
KaiserNeko wrote: Just wait til Friday, man.

Yeah, we're announcing our decision at the end of Part 3.
Whatever happens, I just want to say thanks for all the entertainment these past 10 years. It's crazy to think I was only 14 when all of this started and watched episode 1, now I'm a married man with a kid on the way. You and the rest of the team provided countless hours of banter between me and my friends in high school, sadly most of which are long gone from my life, but the memories of watching DBZ:A with them will last a lifetime.

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:08 pm

kemuri07 wrote:This. I really think TFS really did a good job of showing how both Gohan and Goku really aren't that far removed from Vegeta.
I mean, Toriyama did it first...
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

lancerman
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by lancerman » Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:22 pm

zDBZ wrote:While I understand if this is the end of the series, now I'm really hoping they go on, just to see what they do with all the ups and downs Gohan goes through in Buu...
I kinda hope they go on with the Boo arc. I know this was a difficult one for them to finish, but being totally honest there is so much more variety and potential with the next arc for material that it would be sad to see it stop here. Like I really could see them doing some great things with the next arc just because of the more meaty roles the major characters have in the next arc and all the additions.

Puto
I Live Here

Post by Puto » Sun Sep 09, 2018 6:18 am

Kinda wonder if we'll get some sort of callback to "Shut up, Bojack" in Part 3, now that Kaio's planet blew up.
Blue wrote:I love how Season 2 is so off color even the box managed to be so.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:40 pm

My gosh, I read it fast and I thought Kaiser said "Yeah, were announcing our decision to end on the Part 3"

My heart almost came out of my mouth :D
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

zDBZ
Beyond Newbie

Post by zDBZ » Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:27 pm

Noah wrote:My gosh, I read it fast and I thought Kaiser said "Yeah, were announcing our decision to end on the Part 3"

My heart almost came out of my mouth :D

More seriously, for anyone who would know - what were the musical tracks used underneath Gohan's trial of sociopathy?

The Monkey King
Advanced Regular

Post by The Monkey King » Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:52 pm

I've long since made my peace with the possibility of the Abridged series ending with the Cell saga. It's been a hilarious ride but all too often do good things come to an end too soon,

BUT I've just seen this picture and I need a TFS take on it:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

I think Goku leaving his children and Piccolo and Trunks to die while saving Mr Satan and co from Kid Buu's attack was the dumbest decision he ever made in the history of the franchise. I know he was under crazy amounts of pressure but come on!

God I can only imagine the unbelievable rant and verbal assault Lanipator's Vegeta would give Goku on Supreme Kai's Planet