Dragonball Z "Live Action" Movie??

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

johnnyboy

Dragonball Z "Live Action" Movie??

Post by johnnyboy » Thu Jan 22, 2004 7:58 pm

Have any of you heard about the supposed "live action" Dragonball Z films? I would like to know if it is rumor or if it is going to commence. I wonder who they'll cast... Anyways, Dragonball GT is annoying, but Dragonball AF and V is absurd!! I don't even want to start to think about SSJ10 Goku's with silver hair. Poor Goku... he's just gettin' older but he sure gets stronger! And Piccolo dying off in GT... I haven't even seen a single episode of GT, but it seems stupid. NO offence to any GT lovers! But about that film...

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Thu Jan 22, 2004 8:04 pm

DB movie is going to be crap. Orlando Bloom has been approached to be Tenshinhan and Golberg will definitely do Nappa. Other than that it's all up in the air. They're arguing over rights, who should play who, and what the plot should be. So unless Bloom is a huge DB/Z fan expect him to give a swift no as an answer.
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.

TripleRach

Post by TripleRach » Thu Jan 22, 2004 8:11 pm

Fox really did buy the rights to make a live-action DBZ movie back around March 2002. However, it doesn't seem like they've started making it at all. It might never be made, and there's been tons of silly rumors about the cast and production. The only thing that's certain is that Fox does have the rights to make the movie. Whether they ever do make it, who knows!

I haven't heard the Goldberg thing confirmed on any of the wrestling news or anime news sites I visit, where did that one start? And...Orlando Bloom as Tenshinhan? o_O

SDNess
Not-So-Newbie

Post by SDNess » Thu Jan 22, 2004 8:45 pm

I kind of hope they don't make it. They'll ruin it. Our precious DB. :twisted:

Rockman

Post by Rockman » Thu Jan 22, 2004 10:52 pm

After watching the big fight scene between Neo and Smith's copies in the Matrix: Reloaded, you can imagine what the Dragon Ball Z movie would be like. After all, that scene did remind me of Dragon Ball Z.

SDNess
Not-So-Newbie

Post by SDNess » Fri Jan 23, 2004 12:07 am

They're going to sell out. I know it.

Deus ex Machina
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Deus ex Machina » Fri Jan 23, 2004 12:15 am

The DBZ Movie is indeed a fact, and is slated for a 2005 release due to early script/actor problems. Believe it or not FOX even had Akira Toriyama on board to help direct, but was later let go because he wanted to change the script or something. You can find more details at dbzsc.com

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Fri Jan 23, 2004 12:17 am

Deus ex Machina wrote:You can find more details at dbzsc.com
Ugh. Don't believe anything that site says about the live action movie. I have NO IDEA where they come up with half the nonsense that's on that page.

The only stuff you should trust, concerning the movie, is anything published on actual industry sites, IMDB, and / or respectable anime news sites (such as ANN or ANS).
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Deus ex Machina

Post by Deus ex Machina » Fri Jan 23, 2004 12:39 am

Aww...you don't always have to ruin my dreams with common sence you know... :(

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Fri Jan 23, 2004 12:59 am

Oh dear Lord, not that live-action movie! I knew this dreaded topic would come up sooner or later! :| I know the only thing that's true at this point is the 2005 release date. Everything else is just hearsay. As for me, I don't care about the live-action movie. To me, it not the DB that I love, it never will be. So it doesn't matter to me, because I'm not going to be seeing it anyway. I prefer it wasn't made at all, but what can you do? Besides we can all take comfort in the fact that we know it's going to be crap!

Deus ex Machina

Post by Deus ex Machina » Fri Jan 23, 2004 1:19 am

I think everyone is over-reacting a bit. I'm excited at the idea of more DBZ being produced. Of course it's not going to be the DBZ everyone knows and loves, after all it's going to be real live actors. But I'd like to think of it as just one more addition to the movies Toei made that don't fit into the series anyways. :D

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Fri Jan 23, 2004 1:35 pm

I forgot what movie site I saw it on (moviereel.com? I dunno), but it said the Goldberg was signed as Nappa because "he has experience with fake fighting" (take THAT WWE fans!) and because his kids were huge fans of the DBZ dub. That can be proven wrong easily if anybody knows if he has kids or not.
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.

Dai
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Dai » Fri Jan 23, 2004 2:48 pm

I am going to be so very very ashamed if a trailer for this shows up (If it does). I can imagine my friends seeing this crap-ass trailer on TV with horrible dialogue and acting entitled '' Dragon Ball Z: The Movie'', and then looking at me, saying '' Dude... You like that stuff?''

DBZ's respect level will only be pummeled further down the toilet by this thing. Nonetheless, I'm vaguely interested to see how it will turn out. But hell, seeing as FUNi's Official Site only actual news considers it are rumors from SaiyanZ Rage, it kind of proves FOX is kinda doing... jack.

Oh, by the way, SSJVegita (Or whatever the hell the name of that DBZSC webmaster is), obviously copied every last bit of that info from this pretty popular rumor site, which is apparently maintained by a guy who knows an insider from FOX, who names himself 'Mr. Z'. Yeah. Right. Forgot that site's address, though.
[url=http://www.projectafter.com]Project AFTER[/url]: Every fanfiction's worst nightmare.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Fri Jan 23, 2004 2:56 pm

I know a guy who knows a guy who's best friends with a guy whose sister used to go out with my best friend's uncle who met Toriyama's nephew in Japan.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Fri Jan 23, 2004 3:04 pm

Stop spreading rumors, EX, we all know it was Toriyama himself that they met.

Dai
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Dai » Fri Jan 23, 2004 3:08 pm

Don't be stupid! Toriyama got killed by my nephew in a massive Matrix styled gunfight!!

... This is getting pretty offtopic, ne?
[url=http://www.projectafter.com]Project AFTER[/url]: Every fanfiction's worst nightmare.

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Fri Jan 23, 2004 3:18 pm

Don't be stupid! Toriyama got killed by my nephew in a massive Matrix styled gunfight!!
LMFAO! That was too good! I conceed, Dai! Ill drop it! :lol:

Sun_Wukong
I Live Here

Post by Sun_Wukong » Fri Jan 23, 2004 3:23 pm

Oh my God!!! Hugh Jackman as Goku and Jet Li as Vegeta???? ::falls over:: i really hope this is stuck in production lingo

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Fri Jan 23, 2004 10:05 pm

Dai wrote:
DBZ's respect level will only be pummeled further down the toilet by this thing.
What do you mean Dai? DBZ already has no respect from anyone in the anime community or outside it as it is. There is no respect level! This movie will just reaffirm their opinions of it.

Deus ex Machina

Post by Deus ex Machina » Fri Jan 23, 2004 11:22 pm

People and anime snobs can say whatever they like. I, and many of us, didn't get into DBZ and stay into it just because it was the 'in thing' at the time.