Anime ending

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Sun_Wukong
I Live Here

Post by Sun_Wukong » Mon Sep 13, 2004 9:23 am

The Hellsing manga comes out whenever the creator feels like making a new chapter, wich isnt very often.

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Mon Sep 13, 2004 11:55 am

Super Sonic wrote:
PsyLiam wrote:I think anime has a quicker turnaround period than western animation (due to the generally fewer frames of animation used). Not sure though.
I'm also assuming that anime doesn't have to take time by shipping overseas for some work to be done.
Ummm, no. Japanese animation studios ship out secondary work to studios in Korea and China the majority of the time. Hence debunking the otaku snob argument that what makes "anime", "anime" is that it's made in Japan. :lol:
Jerseymilk: "Can I tell you something?"
B-kun: "What?"
Jerseymilk: "I see Fangirls."

TripleRach

Post by TripleRach » Mon Sep 13, 2004 3:50 pm

Well, Super Sonic may still have a point. Korea and China are not that far from Japan. But all of Asia is rather far from North America, in comparison. So international shipping time may still be less of an issue in Japanese animation.

johnboy1
Regular

Post by johnboy1 » Mon Sep 13, 2004 6:19 pm

Speaking of the DBZ ending (which no one is actually speaking of), Do you think they'll re-air the last episode of DBZ with the new manga ending worked in?

*PINHEAD*
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by *PINHEAD* » Mon Sep 13, 2004 7:54 pm

Of course they will, in Dragon Ball AF http://db.schuby.org/daizex/viewtopic.php?t=870!

Er...it would be nice if they did remake the ending to fit the new manga ending. I mean, if they would make a DB/One Piece crossover, why not remake one episode. But then again, I can't say I really like the new ending. It's like two or three extra pages, and all it really shows is Son Goku passing on Kintoun to Uub, which I think he should've passed on to Gohan or Goten, or even Pan.
I was voted "most unique" and "most likely to become the next existential thinker" in high school.

PsyLiam
I Live Here

Post by PsyLiam » Mon Sep 13, 2004 10:09 pm

TripleRach wrote:Well, Super Sonic may still have a point. Korea and China are not that far from Japan. But all of Asia is rather far from North America, in comparison. So international shipping time may still be less of an issue in Japanese animation.
I doubt that makes much of a difference. First class shipping from the US to the UK is less than a week, so I imagine similar times for the US to Korea/China. Going from Japan rather than the US would be, what, a day quicker? And that's not counting the fact that they could get things delivered by the next day if they really wanted to.
Romana: "I don't think we should interfere."
Doctor: "Interfere? Of course we should interfere! Always do what you're best at, that's what I say."
[i]-Doctor Who: Nightmare Of Eden[/i]

Dai
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Dai » Tue Sep 14, 2004 2:16 pm

Shipping from Japan to Holland usually takes less than five days for me. Which is pretty damn fast. And considering Japan is closer to America than it is to Holland...

Then again, with America's freaky customs, you never know.
[url=http://www.projectafter.com]Project AFTER[/url]: Every fanfiction's worst nightmare.

johnboy1
Regular

Post by johnboy1 » Tue Sep 14, 2004 8:36 pm

I thought the new ending was great! I mean, you get to see that Goku passes on the reigns to someone worthy, not:

That dorky professor, Gohan
That lazy womanizer, Goten
Or that oh-so-spoiled brat Pan

Plus, the short sequence with Vegeta is perfect, as it implies that the two will fight again, which they do in DBGT (although Baby is really in control of Vegeta). So, you see, that one little panel leaves the series a little more open to continuation.

Of course, since most of you think DBGT is the very spawn of Satan himself, this is actually a bad thing...

*PINHEAD*
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by *PINHEAD* » Tue Sep 14, 2004 9:00 pm

I don't really hate GT. I actually think it's pretty cool, minus the plot holes. Damn, nothing's really left after that though. If you don't consider the plotholes, the series is pretty cool. At least I think so.
Anywho, yah, the new ending leaves more room for continuation in GT. But this is the manga, and anyway, Vegeta was supposed to be over his hatred of Son Goku. Sure, now it only seems like a competitive rivalry, but a great series like Dragon Ball should end with closure (with a really cool picture of Goku flying off, not Vegeta still ranting about defeating him). About Uub...while he is worthy of being Goku's successor, Gohan, Goten, and Pan are in Goku's family. Pan doesn't seem like a brat to me at the end of DB.
I was voted "most unique" and "most likely to become the next existential thinker" in high school.

Neon Z
Advanced Regular

Post by Neon Z » Wed Sep 15, 2004 7:37 am

Plus, the short sequence with Vegeta is perfect, as it implies that the two will fight again, which they do in DBGT (although Baby is really in control of Vegeta). So, you see, that one little panel leaves the series a little more open to continuation.

Of course, since most of you think DBGT is the very spawn of Satan himself, this is actually a bad thing...
But that ending also heavily contradicts GT with the scene of Goku passing on the "hero" position to Uub, who is almost useless in GT. So, it's all good! :D