We all seen Japan & USA's Box art...

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Tanooki Kuribo
I Live Here

We all seen Japan & USA's Box art...

Post by Tanooki Kuribo » Tue Sep 14, 2004 1:16 am

Here are some box art for the current Dragonball Games, Note The UK, Germany & France all have the same cover's with diferent text. I Forgot what country the following pictures are from, but there all the same in those 3 places so I dosen't matter.

Eh, Its just fun to look at different variations of art for these games.

http://images-eu.amazon.com/images/P/B0 ... ZZZZZZ.jpg

Izlude
Regular

Post by Izlude » Tue Sep 14, 2004 1:28 am

Legacy of Goku 2's cover art is messed up there!

Ash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Ash » Tue Sep 14, 2004 4:04 am

Yeah. But all well, I don't buy the LoG's ^^ We have a cool Supersonic Warriors cover though, looks like the Japanese one.
[i]"Rationality, that was it. No esoteric mumbo jumbo could fool that fellow. Lord, no! His two feet were planted solidly on God's good earth"[/i] - The Lamp of God, Ellery Queen

SonGokuGT
I Live Here

Post by SonGokuGT » Tue Sep 14, 2004 12:29 pm

I'm pretty damn jealous of their Budokai 2 cover! The art is amazing!

spikemcruffy
Beyond Newbie

Post by spikemcruffy » Tue Sep 14, 2004 4:07 pm

j
Last edited by spikemcruffy on Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SonGokuGT
I Live Here

Post by SonGokuGT » Thu Sep 16, 2004 11:53 am

spikemcruffy wrote:the only thing is , on the back of budokais cover , it shows majin buu...need I say more , I live in the UK.
Oh yea btw our legacy of goku 2 didnt get the cool opening sequence thing.
And our Budokai got cool japanese music and voices (even kept Mr Satan!).
...damn you all... (Why did I have to move to the US!? WHY!?)
Just kidding :wink:

PsyLiam
I Live Here

Post by PsyLiam » Thu Sep 16, 2004 10:12 pm

spikemcruffy wrote:the only thing is , on the back of budokais cover , it shows majin buu...need I say more , I live in the UK.
Oh yea btw our legacy of goku 2 didnt get the cool opening sequence thing.
And our Budokai got cool japanese music and voices (even kept Mr Satan!).
Er, I've got both the European and US versions of Budoakai 1, and Buu isn't on either of them. The back of the UK one shows Cell, Ginyu, Raditz, Freeza, SSJ Goku, and SSJ Vegeta (in Buu-saga clothing, but that's the only mistake).

What cool opening squence does the US version of Legacy Of Goku 2 have, anyway?

Budokai has exactly the same music in every single country, with the sole exception of the opening animations, where for Budokai 1 the US got Rock the Dragon, Japan got Cha La, and Europe got nothing. For Budokai 2, everyone had the same song, except that it was instrumental on the European and US versions.

Legacy Of Goku 2's UK cover art does deserve special praise. Vegeta in the wrong outfit, Gohan the wrong age, and Trunks the wrong...Trunks. It takes skill to get THAT many things wrong. I suppose we should be impressed that they didn't put Daimou on there, or Chibi Goku.
Romana: "I don't think we should interfere."
Doctor: "Interfere? Of course we should interfere! Always do what you're best at, that's what I say."
[i]-Doctor Who: Nightmare Of Eden[/i]

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Thu Sep 16, 2004 10:33 pm

I believe, if I'm not mistaken, Spopovich is on the front of the UK Budokai 1, is he not?
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!

Tanooki Kuribo
I Live Here

Post by Tanooki Kuribo » Fri Sep 17, 2004 1:35 am

Yea he is on the cover. Thats so bad, dosen't ANYONE review the cover before it goes into production? They could put Sailor Moon somewhere on there and it'll probley go into production....hmmm that would be an interesting experiment.

PsyLiam
I Live Here

Post by PsyLiam » Fri Sep 17, 2004 10:41 pm

He's not on the cover of my Gamecube version. That one is similar to the PS2 one above, except it doesn't have the row of characters at the bottom, and it has 8-year old Gohan, Trunks, Kuririn, and Piccolo and Vegeta (in poses looking suspiciously like they were swiped from "We Got Power"). All characters in the game, with the only mistake being (again) Vegeta's outfit.

And the PS2 budget version is shown above, and also doesn't have Spopovich on the cover. So if he is on a UK version, it's not one of those two.
Doctor: "Interfere? Of course we should interfere! Always do what you're best at, that's what I say."

Jordy

Post by Jordy » Sat Sep 18, 2004 10:42 am

PsyLiam wrote:He's not on the cover of my Gamecube version. That one is similar to the PS2 one above, except it doesn't have the row of characters at the bottom, and it has 8-year old Gohan, Trunks, Kuririn, and Piccolo and Vegeta (in poses looking suspiciously like they were swiped from "We Got Power"). All characters in the game, with the only mistake being (again) Vegeta's outfit.

And the PS2 budget version is shown above, and also doesn't have Spopovich on the cover. So if he is on a UK version, it's not one of those two.
Spopovitch and Fat Buu WERE on the back of Budokai 1's PS2 box, in the first batch of copies send to stores at least. The Platinum version fixed this and the GC's back cover is totally different.

Fuujin
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Fuujin » Sat Sep 18, 2004 12:31 pm

PsyLiam wrote:Budokai has exactly the same music in every single country, with the sole exception of the opening animations, where for Budokai 1 the US got Rock the Dragon, Japan got Cha La, and Europe got nothing. For Budokai 2, everyone had the same song, except that it was instrumental on the European and US versions.
WHAT? My friend has a version that has dub voices, but original opening music? I smell a conspiracy...
It's party time, Ginyu style!

Sun_Wukong
I Live Here

Post by Sun_Wukong » Sun Sep 19, 2004 2:00 pm

Have you seen the intro? Because you know, your friend could be B.S.ing you. As far as I know, the US version is the only version with a different opening for Budokai 1.

Fuujin
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Fuujin » Sun Sep 19, 2004 4:17 pm

Oh, crap, I wasn't precise enough... I was talking about Budokai 2.
It's party time, Ginyu style!

PsyLiam
I Live Here

Post by PsyLiam » Fri Sep 24, 2004 8:19 pm

So the UK version of Budokai 2 has the intro sequence with Japanese vocals, but uses the dub voices?

Interesting. I suppose it might be a bit weird for the kids, since they'll be used to a different bunch of voices on TV, but they're close enough that I guess most people won't notice (and after having about 64 different Goku VA's, I'm not sure I would either).

Using the Japanese vocals is weird. I actually quite like both versions of the song (vocal and instrumental), so I don't mind either way.

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Sat Sep 25, 2004 12:52 am

Does anyone have the Japanese cover for SSW/BT? I'd appreciate if you'd post it.
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!

SonGokuGT
I Live Here

Post by SonGokuGT » Tue Sep 28, 2004 4:42 pm

The S wrote:Does anyone have the Japanese cover for SSW/BT? I'd appreciate if you'd post it.
This is the best I could find...

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-64-70-40b.html

Here's LOG2:

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-67-70-4wg.html

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Tue Sep 28, 2004 10:36 pm

I don't like the big 'ol watermark stamped on 'em, but thanks anyway. ^_^ At least you tried!

SonGokuGT
I Live Here

Post by SonGokuGT » Wed Sep 29, 2004 4:47 pm

The S wrote:I don't like the big 'ol watermark stamped on 'em, but thanks anyway. ^_^ At least you tried!
I thought you just wanted to SEE what they were like... ^^;

Mugenmidget
Regular

Post by Mugenmidget » Wed Sep 29, 2004 6:41 pm

The S wrote:I don't like the big 'ol watermark stamped on 'em, but thanks anyway. ^_^ At least you tried!
Psht, for some reason "at least you tried" comes off as "you did a bad job" in some respects.

But that said I wanted to see if there were better versions to be had that I'm sure SonGokuGT could have found if he understood your original intentions...which I'm still not too clear on.

http://images-jp.amazon.com/images/P/B0 ... ZZZZZZ.jpg
http://images-jp.amazon.com/images/P/B0 ... ZZZZZZ.jpg

Enjoy Amazon's watermark-less renditions.