Videl's mother

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

saiyanprincess
Regular

Videl's mother

Post by saiyanprincess » Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:07 pm

Does anybody have any information on Videl's mother? Did Hercule ever marry her, a broken relationship, Or was he left a widow? I don't believe I have ever heard about her so I'm guessing it's something Akira brushed under the carpet as he figured she was not important?

I have not had the luck of getting hold of all the manga as of yet, So was wondering if anybody out there could surprise me with some new information.
[b]"Ok, use your instincts Kakarott. Right or Left? (Hmmm... I'd have to say... left.) Good. Then I'm going right!" (Vegeta to Goku as they try to find their way to free the others inside Buu - Episode: The Innards of Buu)[/b]

The Tori-bot
I Live Here

Re: Videl's mother

Post by The Tori-bot » Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:16 pm

saiyanprincess wrote:Akira
TETSUOOOOO...!!!!

... Oh, c'mon, I had to. :P

All that's mentioned in the manga is that she died when Videl was little. The only other piece of information on her is from the guide Son Goku Densetsu, which cites her as being the reason for Videl's good looks.
Last edited by The Tori-bot on Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
New to the forum? Just want to know when you'll hit your next posting rank? Ever wondered why some users have special titles, and what they mean? The answers to all these questions and more are waiting for you in the Kanzenshuu Member Hierarchy Guide!!
"Of all the things to worry about... the Wookiee has no pants." -- Mark Hamill
Herms wrote:Really, you could translate either title either way and nobody would care. But God would know.

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:18 pm

The Tori-bot wrote:
TETSUOOOOO...!!!!.

All that's mentione din the manga is that she died when Videl was little. The only other piece of information on her is from one of the Daizenshuu, which cites her as being the reason for Videl's good looks.
I remember once reading someone trying to claim that the announcer for Mr. Satan during the Cell Games was Videl's mother. XD
Jerseymilk: "Can I tell you something?"
B-kun: "What?"
Jerseymilk: "I see Fangirls."

saiyanprincess
Regular

Post by saiyanprincess » Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:19 pm

The Tori-bot wrote:
TETSUOOOOO...!!!!.

All that's mentione din the manga is that she died when Videl was little. The only other piece of information on her is from one of the Daizenshuu, which cites her as being the reason for Videl's good looks.
Oh no! :o Forgive me Toriyama!
[b]"Ok, use your instincts Kakarott. Right or Left? (Hmmm... I'd have to say... left.) Good. Then I'm going right!" (Vegeta to Goku as they try to find their way to free the others inside Buu - Episode: The Innards of Buu)[/b]

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:07 pm

Jerseymilk wrote:
The Tori-bot wrote:
TETSUOOOOO...!!!!.

I remember once reading someone trying to claim that the announcer for Mr. Satan during the Cell Games was Videl's mother. XD
I've seen arguments for that. And they use the same reasoning I've been seeing on MFG for why Seripa's got to be Goku's mom. She's THERE and she's the ONLY ONE we SEE! :lol:
Avys ~ DA account ~ Fanfiction ~ Chat Quotes
<Kaboom> I'm just glad that he now sounds more like Invader Zim than Rita Repulsa
<Xyex> Original Freeza never sounded like a chick to me.
<Kaboom> Neither does Rita
<Xyex> Good point.

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:34 pm

Videl mentions that her mom is dead in the manga.

MajinKing
Not-So-Newbie

Post by MajinKing » Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:20 pm

I also wonder what happened to chichi's mom? It was never explained.
90% of dragonball fans detest dragonballgt. If you are one of the 10% who like GT, post this in your signature.

Read my DBGT Remake fanfic! http://db.schuby.org/daizex/viewtopic.php?t=9747
Read my DBAF fanfic, it has terrible writing the first few chapters but I improve in later ones, http://anime.myfavoritegames.com/creative-corner/fanworks-library/101320-dragonballaf.html

Sprite Satan
Regular

Post by Sprite Satan » Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:29 pm

MajinKing wrote:I also wonder what happened to chichi's mom? It was never explained.
Gyumao probably thought she was trying to steal his treasure and bit her head off. Literally.
Yamucha Densetsu - APRIL 8th Update - Goku is Yamucha and Yamucha is Goku
Further evidence to support the Yamucha-Goten lineage! Features badly Photoshopped images from Google search

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:41 pm

MajinKing wrote:I also wonder what happened to chichi's mom? It was never explained.
Daizenshuu 7's chronology states she died of a heart disease in 737 (the year Goku was born).
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.

saiyanprincess
Regular

Post by saiyanprincess » Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:52 pm

I've been seeing on MFG for why Seripa's got to be Goku's mom. She's THERE and she's the ONLY ONE we SEE!
That is a pretty awesome idea though, I guess there is no real proof but I would assume that Goku's mother would have been similar to Seripa. It's a shame that the series didn't delve further into possiblitites like this, giving us some more background history. It just makes me yearn to want to learn more! :)

So Videl's mother passed away when she was a young child, Now why couldn't the anime say that!

The Tori-bot
I Live Here

Post by The Tori-bot » Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:54 pm

saiyanprincess wrote:So Videl's mother passed away when she was a young child, Now why couldn't the anime say that!
Er... didn't it?
New to the forum? Just want to know when you'll hit your next posting rank? Ever wondered why some users have special titles, and what they mean? The answers to all these questions and more are waiting for you in the Kanzenshuu Member Hierarchy Guide!!
Herms wrote:Really, you could translate either title either way and nobody would care. But God would know.

Sprite Satan
Regular

Post by Sprite Satan » Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:57 pm

The Tori-bot wrote:
saiyanprincess wrote:So Videl's mother passed away when she was a young child, Now why couldn't the anime say that!
Er... didn't it?
The anime has Videl state that since her mother died, Satan has been indulging in floozies. Videl's age when this happened isn't touched upon.
Further evidence to support the Yamucha-Goten lineage! Features badly Photoshopped images from Google search

The Tori-bot
I Live Here

Post by The Tori-bot » Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:00 pm

Sprite Satan wrote:
The Tori-bot wrote:
Er... didn't it?
The anime has Videl state that since her mother died, Satan has been indulging in floozies. Videl's age when this happened isn't touched upon.
OH SHIT that's right! That's all that was mentioned in the manga, too. I should have checked. :oops:

It does say somewhere though that she died when Videl was small.

*calls for Herms so he can confirm it*

saiyanprincess
Regular

Post by saiyanprincess » Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:05 pm

Sprite Satan wrote:
The Tori-bot wrote:
Er... didn't it?
Really! Man how did I miss that! :shock: Thankyou everybody.

Sprite Satan
Regular

Post by Sprite Satan » Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:11 pm

Videl's exact line, from episode 208, is as follows.

"Papa is a little too full of himself. Sure, Mama died and is no longer around, but he uses his fame as champion to dally around with all sorts of women!"

(I didn't want to make a mistake, so I went to look it up just in case)

The Tori-bot
I Live Here

Post by The Tori-bot » Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:16 pm

Sprite Satan wrote:Videl's exact line, from episode 208, is as follows.

"Papa is a little too full of himself. Sure, Mama died and is no longer around, but he uses his fame as champion to dally around with all sorts of women!"

And, for comparison's sake, Viz's line is:

"Ever since my mom died he's been strutting his power for all these women!"

I should have checked earlier. :oops:

saiyanprincess
Regular

Post by saiyanprincess » Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:43 am

The Tori-bot wrote:
Sprite Satan wrote:Videl's exact line, from episode 208, is as follows.

And, for comparison's sake, Viz's line is:

"Ever since my mom died he's been strutting his power for all these women!"

I should have checked earlier. :oops:
Wow thats quite a difference isn't it. :P
I just really don't like the term papa I have no idea why, I think mom sounds much better, Viz wins for me :D. So basically her mother must have died when she was younger, I am assuming by natural causes (although it's never stated.) So Hercule later started associating with any good-looking female who came his way...

Thanks for that! :lol: I have no idea how I managed to miss that out on the anime.... Meh. :wink:

Deep Thought
Beyond Newbie

Post by Deep Thought » Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:35 am

Now I feel like making a topi called "WHERE THE HELL IS EVERYONE'S MOTHERS?"

Travis Touchdown
Regular

Post by Travis Touchdown » Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:38 pm

like Tannipu, Goku & Raditz's supposedly mother. I saw a pic of her once years ago. She was drawn with soft eyes like Goku & long hair like Raditz. No doubt it was a fan-manga, but a neat drawing nevertheless.
"Hey girlfriend, why don't you throw a few more punches? Afraid you might break a nail or somethin?"
Ken - Street Fighter II

saiyanprincess
Regular

Post by saiyanprincess » Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:41 am

I can sort of see a resemblance with Serepa and Radditz. (I appologise for the image being so big :( ) If you look closely at their faces they do bare a slight similarity. This is nothing like Goku and Bardock or Vegeta and his father yet it was noticable.

I know there was a thread about this earlier, But I still believe that it is more than co-incidental that the second child resembles one of the parents. (I.E Goku and Bardock, and Goten and Goku.) - With the exception of Vegeta.

One again, Sorry for the overly large image of Serepa, I do not know how to shrink the picture. I'm not the best when it comes to pc's! :shock: