Is this poster a copy/print?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kroni_Hunter
Regular

Post by Kroni_Hunter » Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:17 pm

NeptuneKai wrote:
jda95 wrote:
The Tori-bot wrote: I found Wally (Hatchiyak)!! :D

[size=0]Or, "Waldo" to you filthy Americans.[/size]
I love Where's Wally because I have memorized where he is all the time.
I DO BELIEVE YOU MEAN WALDO YOU INSOLENT UNAMERICAN CURS!
Yeah I've always preferred the name Waldo, and it goes with the other character Odlaw better (It's Waldo backwards)
"An optimist thinks that this is the best possible world; a pessimest fears that this is true."

The Tori-bot
I Live Here

Post by The Tori-bot » Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:07 pm

Kroni_Hunter wrote:
NeptuneKai wrote:
jda95 wrote: I love Where's Wally because I have memorized where he is all the time.
I DO BELIEVE YOU MEAN WALDO YOU INSOLENT UNAMERICAN CURS!
Yeah I've always preferred the name Waldo, and it goes with the other character Odlaw better (It's Waldo backwards)
Actually, he started out as "Wally", before that insignificant and pitiful country known as North America got ahold of him.

Just sayin'.
Last edited by The Tori-bot on Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
New to the forum? Just want to know when you'll hit your next posting rank? Ever wondered why some users have special titles, and what they mean? The answers to all these questions and more are waiting for you in the Kanzenshuu Member Hierarchy Guide!!
"Of all the things to worry about... the Wookiee has no pants." -- Mark Hamill
Herms wrote:Really, you could translate either title either way and nobody would care. But God would know.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:10 pm

The Tori-bot wrote:Actually, he started out as "Wally", before that insignificant and pitiful country known as North America got a hold of him.
Not familiar with that country :).
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

The Tori-bot
I Live Here

Post by The Tori-bot » Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:46 pm

VegettoEX wrote:
The Tori-bot wrote:Actually, he started out as "Wally", before that insignificant and pitiful country known as North America got a hold of him.
It's somewhere off the coast of Alaska; a fairly average-sized island, I think. They separated from the States back in the early 1900s due to disputes over reforming tax policies, establishing a small community consisting of former Government officials which eventually attracted more visitors due to its quiet nature and pleasant surroundings, and has thrived on the money of holidaygoers ever since.

The creator of Wally, Martin Handford, took one such holiday there in the late '80s, and a little-known book publisher in North America, which at the time was struggling to maintain its independance due to a lack of funding, convinced Handford to grant publication rights to them for distribution in the Americas, but Handford would not rescind the rights for the name "Where's Wally?" because of arguments that "Wally" sounded "homophobic", and so the name was changed to "Waldo", and the books were then distributed in the main Americas and Canada, etc.

Indisputable fact.
Last edited by The Tori-bot on Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
New to the forum? Just want to know when you'll hit your next posting rank? Ever wondered why some users have special titles, and what they mean? The answers to all these questions and more are waiting for you in the Kanzenshuu Member Hierarchy Guide!!
"Of all the things to worry about... the Wookiee has no pants." -- Mark Hamill
Herms wrote:Really, you could translate either title either way and nobody would care. But God would know.

DBHighDefinition
Regular

Post by DBHighDefinition » Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:49 pm

The Tori-bot wrote:
VegettoEX wrote:
It's somewhere off the coast of Alaska; a fairlyaverage-sized island, I think. They separated from the States back in the early 1900s due to disputes over reforming tax policies, establishing a small community consisting of former Government officials which eventually attracted more visitors due to its quiet nature and pleasant surroundings, and has thrived on the money of holidaygoers ever since.

The creator of Wally, Martin Handford, took one such holiday there in the late '80s, and a little-known book publisher in North America, which at the time was struggling to maintain its independance due to a lack of funding, convinced Handford to grant publication rights to them for distribution in the Americas, but Handford would not rescind the rights for the name "Where's Wally?" because of arguments that "Wally" sounded "homophobic", and so the name was changed to "Waldo", and the books were then distributed in the main Americas and Canada, etc.

Indisputable fact.
I think EX was stating that North America isn't a Country. It's a Continent. :)

Back to geography class for you, boy!
[quote="Roshi in DB Evolution"]Believe it punk, you're getting your clock, cleaned![/quote]

[url=http://www.youtube.com/user/DBHighDef]My old YouTube is back up and running![/url]

Son Wukong
Regular

Post by Son Wukong » Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:31 pm

VegettoEX wrote: I forget who it is, now, but there was one major character that we never managed to find on it...
Raditz? Can't locate him...

Eison
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Eison » Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:20 pm

Son Wukong wrote:
VegettoEX wrote: I forget who it is, now, but there was one major character that we never managed to find on it...
Raditz is on the right, a little above the middle.
Dr. Raichi isn't on it but I don't know if he can be considered a major character.

Also I found the other topic about this poster: http://db.schuby.org/daizex/viewtopic.p ... 72&start=0
And you can download the "remastered" poster, made by Steven Perry, on http://www.megaupload.com/?d=TZFBKG0K

Son Wukong
Regular

Post by Son Wukong » Fri Feb 20, 2009 6:49 pm

Eison wrote:
Son Wukong wrote:
Raditz is on the right, a little above the middle.
Ah thanks, I was looking at a cropped version before -_-

KKZ
Beyond Newbie

Post by KKZ » Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:21 pm

So, then the poster I have of this is fake? Please tell me that 24 1000 thing doesn't mean anything... :( I got it laminated and framed and EVERYTHING. Oh well, at least I only paid about $10 for it.
[quote="temujin"]Krillin,the guy is just a ridiculous midget without nose.Seriously, he looks like some kind of bizarre monster. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Krillin's head is also pretty big like a balloon. :lol: :lol: :lol:[/quote][quote="Thanos"]Eh... it gets kinda old hearing elitists say things like "IT SHOULD HAVE ENDED WHEN GOKU MET BULMA"[/quote]

Velasa
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Velasa » Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:17 pm

The image itself is obviously a real one- we don't know where it came from or if any of the particular versions we have are official but we seem to agree they're badass all the same.
[quote="Rocketman"]Rocketman is to ChiChi as Velasa is to _______.

A. ChiChi
B. Piccolo
C. Goku
D. Bulma[/quote]