Daizenshuu in US?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

sumpter360
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Location: St. Peters, MO - Currently applying for Residency at Hinata Apartments :)

Daizenshuu in US?

Post by sumpter360 » Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:10 am

I was just wondering when or if the Daizenshuu's will be coming to America, translated. Thanks for your help!

SSj_Rambo
I Live Here

Post by SSj_Rambo » Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:14 am

Daizenshuu 1 has already been (wonderfully) translated and released over here by VIZ Media Inc. There has been no word on future Daizenshuu releases as of now. :?

Dragon Ball: The Complete Illustrations

EDIT: @ Kendamu: None can surpass the speed of Super Saiya-jin Rambo... well maybe Legendary Super Saiya-jin Rocky, but he's off training.
Last edited by SSj_Rambo on Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kendamu
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kendamu » Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:14 am

Daizenshuu #1 is already in America.

http://www.amazon.com/Dragon-Ball-Illus ... 255&sr=8-1

EDIT: I was beaten to it!
(they/she)

My Martial Arts Website -- https://mybudo.carrd.co

sumpter360
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Location: St. Peters, MO - Currently applying for Residency at Hinata Apartments :)

Post by sumpter360 » Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:17 am

Yeah, I picked up the first one a few days ago and I love it. I really hope they confirm the next one too, cuz I don't really want to pay a ton extra for a Japanese one...

Kendamu
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kendamu » Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:20 am

SSj_Rambo wrote:EDIT: @ Kendamu: None can surpass the speed of Super Saiya-jin Rambo... well maybe Legendary Super Saiya-jin Rocky, but he's off training.
True, but only because I've been training my Google Fu instead.
(they/she)

My Martial Arts Website -- https://mybudo.carrd.co

sumpter360
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by sumpter360 » Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:26 am

Just in case I run out of patience, do any of you know a site where I can purchase the Japanese Daizenshuus?

SSj_Rambo
I Live Here

Post by SSj_Rambo » Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:30 am

sumpter360 wrote:Just in case I run out of patience, do any of you know a site where I can purchase the Japanese Daizenshuus?
This Ebay storehas all of them, sometimes in lots of all 7/10.

And Yahoo Auctions Japanusually has some sellers selling the Daizenshuu, but shipping to the US is usuall not an option.
sumpter360 wrote:Yeah, I picked up the first one a few days ago and I love it. I really hope they confirm the next one too, cuz I don't really want to pay a ton extra for a Japanese one...
It's very unlikely, since there are a lot more companies holding rights to the material in that volume than in the first one.

Velasa
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Velasa » Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:34 am

SSj_Rambo wrote:It's very unlikely, since there are a lot more companies holding rights to the material in that volume than in the first one.
Really? What do you mean by that?
[quote="Rocketman"]Rocketman is to ChiChi as Velasa is to _______.

A. ChiChi
B. Piccolo
C. Goku
D. Bulma[/quote]

sumpter360
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by sumpter360 » Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:38 am

So would they be more likely to release them out of order, if they could not release #2?

SSj_Rambo
I Live Here

Post by SSj_Rambo » Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:45 am

sumpter360 wrote:So would they be more likely to release them out of order, if they could not release #2?
Not really, the same companies pretty much hold the same liscenses in all of the books after 2 (with the exception of books 9 and 10, where Carddass jumps in with more liscensing Hell). If they can do any of the remaining seven they can pretty much do them all.
Velasa wrote:
SSj_Rambo wrote:It's very unlikely, since there are a lot more companies holding rights to the material in that volume than in the first one.
Really? What do you mean by that?
In Daizenshuu 1, basically all of the copyrights and stuff are owned by Shueisha, so VIZ only had to come to an agreement with them. All of the other volumes contain material owned by Toei and FUNimation and Bandai and a whole bunch of other people.

NOTE: There may be more to the story, but this is all I know.
Last edited by SSj_Rambo on Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

sumpter360
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by sumpter360 » Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:46 am

*sigh* Epic sad face... :~(

Adamant
I Live Here

Post by Adamant » Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:00 am

Tons of countries got the first Daizenshuu long before the US did. To my best knowledge, France is the only country to have had another one released, the seventh.

So, well, don't keep your hopes up. The chance of this NOT being a one-off release is almost non-existant
Satan wrote:Lortedrøm! Bøh slog min datter ihjel! Hvad bilder du dig ind, Bøh?! Nu kommer Super-Satan og rydder op!

Velasa
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Velasa » Wed Mar 04, 2009 4:47 am

We can still dream < < I bought the first one in English when I already had it in Japanese just to encourage them to do more (and compliment them on the gorgeous job they did leaving it as it should be).
[quote="Rocketman"]Rocketman is to ChiChi as Velasa is to _______.

A. ChiChi
B. Piccolo
C. Goku
D. Bulma[/quote]

jda95
Advanced Regular

Post by jda95 » Wed Mar 04, 2009 5:03 am

I'm guessing if they release the others, they won't do the Carddass volumes. I haven't even looked at those once. >_>