How do you believe Super Saiyan effects a person's chi?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

IncredibleGuy
Beyond Newbie

How do you believe Super Saiyan effects a person's chi?

Post by IncredibleGuy » Sat Oct 23, 2004 1:51 am

For instance, does it multiply thier chi? And if so, by how much? Right now, I'm sort of a leaning towards simple addition for such transformations. Ex. Super Saiyan + 5 mill, Super Saiyan 2 + 25 mil, etc.
Signatures are stupid and I wish there was a way to turn them off
edit- neato

Ash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Ash » Sat Oct 23, 2004 5:03 am

"You fool, you can't understand SSJ through simple calculations"

Or something like that :P
[i]"Rationality, that was it. No esoteric mumbo jumbo could fool that fellow. Lord, no! His two feet were planted solidly on God's good earth"[/i] - The Lamp of God, Ellery Queen

Izlude
Regular

Post by Izlude » Sat Oct 23, 2004 5:44 am

I think it just drains their chi rapidly.

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Sat Oct 23, 2004 6:39 am

Well, if you go by the Daizenshuu's power levels than SSJ, at least for Goku, is a 50 fold increase of power. 300,000 to 15,000,000. Could be different later depending upon training, could be different per person, there's no way to know. And there's no way to determine the power of the higher levels either.
Avys ~ DA account ~ Fanfiction ~ Chat Quotes
<Kaboom> I'm just glad that he now sounds more like Invader Zim than Rita Repulsa
<Xyex> Original Freeza never sounded like a chick to me.
<Kaboom> Neither does Rita
<Xyex> Good point.

*PINHEAD*
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by *PINHEAD* » Sat Oct 23, 2004 2:45 pm

This was actually the first topic I started when I first joined. I view Super Saiyan as a state where a Saiyan taps into a power source (energy...or ki/chi) that's only accessible through rage. Some think that the Super Saiyan state is just a state that drains ki rapidly to increase power. I see it as a state where ki is increased so power can increase as well. Think about it...Son Goku was basically whipped after hurling the Genki Dama at Freeza. Not so long afterward, he achieved Super Saiyan, indicating he must have had an energy increase as well as power.
So, Super Saiyan boosts their ki and power. But since the body is using up more energy than usual, it is put under a lot of strain, and causes energy to be depleted easily.
I was voted "most unique" and "most likely to become the next existential thinker" in high school.

Herms
Kanzenshuu Admin Emeritus

Post by Herms » Sat Oct 23, 2004 4:53 pm

I’ve always seen the Super Saiyan state as being more of a transformation of the chi, in contrast to Freeza and Zarbon’s transformations of the body. After all, the main physical changes associated with the various Super Saiyan transformations are that the eyes and hair change color, the hair becomes spikier, and the person is surrounded by a visible aura. These things probably don’t have anything to do with the person getting stronger. After all, blondes have more fun, but I doubt that they’re 50 times stronger than brunettes. I think the change of eye and hair color is merely an additional side-effect of whatever it is that is making the Saiyan stronger.

Now, isn’t the eye said to be the window to the soul? And if I recall correctly, in Eastern folklore and whatnot, the hair of a person was thought to have some connection to their chi. So maybe what’s happening in Super Saiyan is that the Saiyan’s chi turns into something far more potent than normal, and this change is registered by a change in their eye and hair color as well. Or something. I really doubt that Toriyama had any of this in mind, but it’s fun to think about it all the same.

Rad Raddish
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Rad Raddish » Sat Oct 23, 2004 7:28 pm

I figure SSJ's, since they have to be real angry and have evil in them to transform, does depend on the person. While initially, it's hard for someone to be emotionally distraught enough to transform because they're evil and attached to very little, when and if something does happen, their being evil feeds it more power. When Goku is able to become calm and an SSJ, I bet he greatly lowers his power multiplier, but is still strong because he trains, fights, is a Saiyan, etc. But, as for a definite multiplier...*shrugs*
"Ah ha ha ha! Ah, excuse me, has anyone seen my arm? Ha ha ha ha! You can't miss it, it's green."
-Raditz