Dragon Ball characters project

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Raykugen
Regular

Re: Dragon Ball characters project (HQ Images Render packs)

Post by Raykugen » Tue May 08, 2012 2:08 pm

hleV wrote:
--"Will you put DBAF characters or DBHEROES characters as Trunks, Vegeta or Broly SSJ3?"
The answer it's NO. Because AF it's an unofficial fan series and the characters of DBHEROES do not appears in the anime.
You should consider doing any official DB characters, including DB Heroes and DBO.
And I assume you're not gonna do characters with their original (manga) colors?

Also, why not make the "intro images" have a transparent background rather than white, so it would fit the forums' color?
DB heroes is just a videogame with cards with characters which have no story and are useless, this is not part of the story of Dragon Ball, so sorry, no.
We don't like the style of the most of illustrations from DBO, they usually are very very very poor, anyways, there is not too much images of that in complete body, anyways, is not from the series, we'll do just what is on the series, no more.

I don't understand what you say about intro images :shock:
Do you want NEW GENERATION DRAGON BALL (Z, GT..) IMAGES? In HQ? Of all characters? Click here: http://daizex.fanboyreview.net/viewtopic.php?t=17178
My Deviantart: http://raykugen.deviantart.com/
Dragon Ball Characters Project Deviantart: http://dbcproject.deviantart.com/

hleV
Banned

Post by hleV » Tue May 08, 2012 2:32 pm

Raykugen wrote: I don't understand what you say about intro images :shock:
I didnt know how to call this: http://th06.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/f/2 ... 4ulhfx.jpg. It could be saved as PNG with a transparent background.

Raykugen
Regular

Post by Raykugen » Tue May 08, 2012 2:55 pm

But, that's... that's awful xD, anyways I don't know how you care this so much, I even don't save these presentation images
Do you want NEW GENERATION DRAGON BALL (Z, GT..) IMAGES? In HQ? Of all characters? Click here: http://daizex.fanboyreview.net/viewtopic.php?t=17178

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Tue May 08, 2012 2:59 pm

Seriously, WTF does "being part of the story" have to do with a project that creates still images of characters? That's one reason I won't really support this. I understand the whole purpose is to bring all the characters into a current HQ anime style, but the anime isn't the only part of the franchise that exists and the rest of it needs love too.

Out of all the Specials, Movies, OVAs, next to none of them actually fit in with the main story without a problem and a lot of fans don't count GT as "canon". So while you may consider the Heroes characters as pointless additions that aren't part of the story of Dragon Ball, you're already including characters that basically fit that description to a lot of people. That's before even bringing up that most the Heroes characters do appear animated in the game's commercials (and Ultimate Tenkaichi/Blasts opening), and those are self-contained narratives with a beginning, climax and resolution.

As for DBO's ugly art, I've seen the original images for most of the characters in your packs, and some of them aren't pretty with their misshapen body parts, lopsided faces or uneven features. Since you fix up those characters to fit your standard, it wouldn't be hard to tweak the few fullbody DBO images to fit the old art style. Would even give you a chance to go back and recolor some of the original series characters in anime-styled manga colors, like seen in the Toei Color Revenge thread...or whatever its called.

I don't mean to sound angry or rude here (but it's probably going to come off sounding that way regardless), if you're going to classify parts of the franchise as unworthy of being included, then I sort of find this whole project and it's base purpose to be a bit hypocritical, and maybe a tad useless since it will always be incomplete in my eyes. I dunno, just my two cents...
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Raykugen
Regular

Post by Raykugen » Tue May 08, 2012 3:08 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:Seriously, WTF does "being part of the story" have to do with a project that creates still images of characters? That's one reason I won't really support this. I understand the whole purpose is to bring all the characters into a current HQ anime style, but the anime isn't the only part of the franchise that exists and the rest of it needs love too.

Out of all the Specials, Movies, OVAs, next to none of them actually fit in with the main story without a problem and a lot of fans don't count GT as "canon". So while you may consider the Heroes characters as pointless additions that aren't part of the story of Dragon Ball, you're already including characters that basically fit that description to a lot of people. That's before even bringing up that most the Heroes characters do appear animated in the game's commercials (and Ultimate Tenkaichi/Blasts opening), and those are self-contained narratives with a beginning, climax and resolution.

As for DBO's ugly art, I've seen the original images for most of the characters in your packs, and some of them aren't pretty with their misshapen body parts, lopsided faces or uneven features. Since you fix up those characters to fit your standard, it wouldn't be hard to tweak the few fullbody DBO images to fit the old art style. Would even give you a chance to go back and recolor some of the original series characters in anime-styled manga colors, like seen in the Toei Color Revenge thread...or whatever its called.

I don't mean to sound angry or rude here (but it's probably going to come off sounding that way regardless), if you're going to classify parts of the franchise as unworthy of being included, then I sort of find this whole project and it's base purpose to be a bit hypocritical, and maybe a tad useless since it will always be incomplete in my eyes. I dunno, just my two cents...
We don't like it and it's a lot of work, just that :wink:
I don't feel proud when i draw legs or stuff like that, anyways, some artworks of dbo will allways be for our artworks of the series, and as I said, it's a lot of work, and, if it's a lot of work, we'll do what we like (I even don't like GT) and what we can easily, so if you don't like it, sorry, but this is free, and you are free to have your opinion.
And I don't know hot to explain it anymore, we JUST do the anime and some of the manga (?) if it isn't in the anime.
We'll don't put manga colours because not everything in the manga has colours, anyways, you can change them in photoshop if you don't like them.
This is our hobby, at the moment it's too difficult complete this in a future, and for me, that I am the lineart reviser, and tekilazo the colour reviser, this is too difficult to us do what we do, we don't do anymore sorry, if in any year we finish this maybe xDD, but it looks you guys aren't aware how hard is continue this for us.
This is our hobby, we won't obligate you to like it, and you won't obligate us to do whatever you want.
You can do for yourselves or share with the world stuff like that, but we are doing a lot, and we won't do it no more, just we can't, we want to complete the anime characters, and we won't waste the time doing stuff that has no relation making that this would get more slow or finish any day.
And this is not "a bit hypocritical", we do THE ANIME. We haven't say no more. so no, we are not "a bit hypocritical"
I just don't understand why I still post this on this forum, when we just give you something free and I see more bad comments than good comments.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Tue May 08, 2012 3:45 pm

Raykugen wrote:I just don't understand why I still post this on this forum, when we just give you something free and I see more bad comments than good comments.
Well, that's a fair question to ask yourself -- if you don't like the responses you're being given, why are you still posting and looking for feedback? Seems like a vicious cycle.

Such is the burden of putting your art out there for criticism. You're not going to get 100% positive, undying, unwavering, incredible feedback, particularly if you're going to start justifying why you do and do not do certain things.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Tue May 08, 2012 4:30 pm

Can we all just calm down a bit? TheDevilsCorpse, I agree entirely with what you're saying, but at the same time I also agree with Raykugens reasons, I think there's a small problem with comunication, since Raykugen is Spanish and doesn't seem to fully grasp the English language, as you can see from his posts. As I've seen, he sometimes doesn't get his point across due to poor choice of wording.

I understand the whole project is not easy Raykugen, but you guys could at least acknowledge the fans and the reason behind it. We're not complaining, we're praising your work. See it this way, we like it so much that we want to see ALL the characters drawn this way. Besides, since you already use some artwork from the cards, you could always do the other ones. Also, like you say, manga colours are as simple as changing it in Photoshop, so I guess you guys could do it. Of course we could do it yourselves, but you doing it would mean a more complete release.

If you have any issue in understanding I'll be happy to translate to Spanish and PM you.

Lastly, VegettoEX, all due respect, and it probably wasn't your intent, I do understand where you're coming from, but the way you worded it, almost sounded like you were shooing Raykugen. You're in your right and you do raise valid points, but at the same time I think we as a community should try our best to keep people around and break these communication barriers. Since apparently we are the top community in terms of Dragon Ball information, I think it would be in our best interest to expand our horizons and try to keep these people around. Tekilazo's team, Salagir (who seems to be gone already) and the Multiverse team, Iced (who rarely comes here and is thinking of no longer updating the MUGEN topic) and Balthazar from the new Dragon Ball sprites for MUGEN, amongst others. Again, maybe I'm in the wrong, maybe it's not my place to say or think this, maybe the whole idea is "those who matter and whoever's not content can go".

I mean no offence to any one of you, please don't take this as an attack, just my opinion in the whole matter and the community in general.

AgitoZ
Temporarily Banned

Post by AgitoZ » Tue May 08, 2012 4:48 pm

DNA wrote:Lastly, VegettoEX, all due respect, and it probably wasn't your intent, I do understand where you're coming from, but the way you worded it, almost sounded like you were shooing Raykugen. You're in your right and you do raise valid points, but at the same time I think we as a community should try our best to keep people around and break these communication barriers. Since apparently we are the top community in terms of Dragon Ball information, I think it would be in our best interest to expand our horizons and try to keep these people around. Tekilazo's team, Salagir (who seems to be gone already) and the Multiverse team, Iced (who rarely comes here and is thinking of no longer updating the MUGEN topic) and Balthazar from the new Dragon Ball sprites for MUGEN, amongst others. Again, maybe I'm in the wrong, maybe it's not my place to say or think this, maybe the whole idea is "those who matter and whoever's not content can go".
If the people are only doing it for praise then they're clearly aren't in it for the right reason and I personally wouldn't care if they left. I would care however if they did have fans who were actively following and just left because they took their criticism to heart.

I do not believe Mr. EX meant any ill-intent but instead only offering advice. Not to let criticism like that get them down. If it really does then they should leave instead of making a fuss since it not only makes them look bad but the forum as well. (Please note I'm not implying Raykugen is making a fuss, I'm only speaking in general.)

It should also be mentioned that the project has been called out on this before and they haven't changed anything. I mean, isn't doing the exact same thing and expecting different results the definition of being crazy?
If you're not here soon... GET ON!

hleV
Banned

Post by hleV » Tue May 08, 2012 5:02 pm

Raykugen wrote:I don't know how you care this so much
I really don't. It was a small note.
Raykugen wrote: And this is not "a bit hypocritical", we do THE ANIME. We haven't say no more. so no, we are not "a bit hypocritical"
I just don't understand why I still post this on this forum, when we just give you something free and I see more bad comments than good comments.
We DON'T do Fanart, we restore OFFICIAL images in HQ, to the people who want to enjoy them.
DBH & DBO are both official DB media, holding the rights to invent as many new DB characters/forms as they want.
Last edited by hleV on Tue May 08, 2012 5:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Raykugen
Regular

Post by Raykugen » Tue May 08, 2012 5:08 pm

DNA wrote:Can we all just calm down a bit? TheDevilsCorpse, I agree entirely with what you're saying, but at the same time I also agree with Raykugens reasons, I think there's a small problem with comunication, since Raykugen is Spanish and doesn't seem to fully grasp the English language, as you can see from his posts. As I've seen, he sometimes doesn't get his point across due to poor choice of wording.

I understand the whole project is not easy Raykugen, but you guys could at least acknowledge the fans and the reason behind it. We're not complaining, we're praising your work. See it this way, we like it so much that we want to see ALL the characters drawn this way. Besides, since you already use some artwork from the cards, you could always do the other ones. Also, like you say, manga colours are as simple as changing it in Photoshop, so I guess you guys could do it. Of course we could do it yourselves, but you doing it would mean a more complete release.

If you have any issue in understanding I'll be happy to translate to Spanish and PM you.

Lastly, VegettoEX, all due respect, and it probably wasn't your intent, I do understand where you're coming from, but the way you worded it, almost sounded like you were shooing Raykugen. You're in your right and you do raise valid points, but at the same time I think we as a community should try our best to keep people around and break these communication barriers. Since apparently we are the top community in terms of Dragon Ball information, I think it would be in our best interest to expand our horizons and try to keep these people around. Tekilazo's team, Salagir (who seems to be gone already) and the Multiverse team, Iced (who rarely comes here and is thinking of no longer updating the MUGEN topic) and Balthazar from the new Dragon Ball sprites for MUGEN, amongst others. Again, maybe I'm in the wrong, maybe it's not my place to say or think this, maybe the whole idea is "those who matter and whoever's not content can go".

I mean no offence to any one of you, please don't take this as an attack, just my opinion in the whole matter and the community in general.
Thank you DNA, but, please, understand that if we do other stuff, we'll never end what we want to, if we end it any day... It's difficult now, so if we would do more, this would make me crazy
VegettoEX wrote:Well, that's a fair question to ask yourself -- if you don't like the responses you're being given, why are you still posting and looking for feedback? Seems like a vicious cycle.
Is just a way to speak, I don't know how interpret that, but I hope you aren't shooing me after you used our works in your main page.

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Tue May 08, 2012 5:15 pm

I do understand Raykugen, just let us now if it is a possibility in the future AFTER you finished the current project.

Raykugen
Regular

Post by Raykugen » Tue May 08, 2012 5:22 pm

DNA wrote:I do understand Raykugen, just let us now if it is a possibility in the future AFTER you finished the current project.
But are you conscious that if we end, will be after a lot of years? xD
hleV wrote:DBH & DBO are both official DB media, holding the rights to invent as many new DB characters/forms as they want.
If you read the F.A.Q you must pay attention:
As team, we have an objective, do ALL the characters of the anime (Series, Movies, TVSpecials, and OVAs) in all their states, sagas, clothes and transformations.
Of course, we don't claim these images as ours, these images are from Toei Animation. We claim as ours the restorations we do.

"Will you put DBAF characters or DBHEROES characters as Trunks, Vegeta or Broly SSJ3?"
The answer it's NO. Because AF it's an unofficial fan series and the characters of DBHEROES do not appears in the anime.
In the project there is people like ~dbkaifan2009 , ~BoScha196 or ~Raykugen who are interested in do these stuff out of the project, so check their profiles

--"¿Will you put DBOnline characters? You must, because it's an official continuation"
Not for now, because it's not an anime, and it's not in our plans.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Tue May 08, 2012 5:41 pm

Raykugen wrote:"Will you put DBAF characters or DBHEROES characters as Trunks, Vegeta or Broly SSJ3?"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... 0cFo#t=52s
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... zXDU#t=33s

Looks like anime to me... :roll:
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

AgitoZ
Temporarily Banned

Post by AgitoZ » Tue May 08, 2012 5:46 pm

Sounds like you just need to revise the FAQ because there are so many conflicting messages it isn't funny.

At first you say,
FAQ wrote:Dragon Ball Characters Project is a fan idea for fans. We are a team of more than 15 people.
We DON'T do Fanart, we restore OFFICIAL images in HQ, to the people who want to enjoy them.
Then in the very next sentence you say,
FAQ wrote:As team, we have an objective, do ALL the characters of the anime (Series, Movies, TVSpecials, and OVAs) in all their states, sagas, clothes and transformations.
Then we have,
FAQ wrote:-"There isn't the character I want in the gallery, Will you upload it?"
If appears on the Official Series, of course YES, don't worry, soon or later, but we'll do it. DON'T waste your time asking "You'll do that character?" "you'll do that transformation?" You know perfectly our project it's about do every character with every form, so don't waste your time asking.
From which then you say,
FAQ wrote:--"Will you put DBAF characters or DBHEROES characters as Trunks, Vegeta or Broly SSJ3?"
In the project there is people like ~dbkaifan2009 , ~BoScha196 or ~Raykugen who are interested in do these stuff out of the project, so check their profiles ;)
I'm sure a lot of it has to do with English not being your native tongue. Also the definition of "anime", which both you guys and everyone else who uses it can't agree on one, seems to be the problem.
If you're not here soon... GET ON!

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Tue May 08, 2012 5:53 pm

Raykugen wrote:
VegettoEX wrote:Well, that's a fair question to ask yourself -- if you don't like the responses you're being given, why are you still posting and looking for feedback? Seems like a vicious cycle.
Is just a way to speak, I don't know how interpret that, but I hope you aren't shooing me after you used our works in your main page.
I don't know what this "shooing" is that two of you have said. I also didn't do the graphics for our site, so I have no idea what that means -- if Hujio used them, well, we all liked them and are glad they worked and look great in their implementation.

My whole point was that if you are going to put your art out there, expect valid criticism when you ask for it.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Raykugen
Regular

Post by Raykugen » Tue May 08, 2012 6:04 pm

AgitoZ wrote:Sounds like you just need to revise the FAQ because there are so many conflicting messages it isn't funny.

At first you say,
FAQ wrote:Dragon Ball Characters Project is a fan idea for fans. We are a team of more than 15 people.
Then in the very next sentence you say,
FAQ wrote:As team, we have an objective, do ALL the characters of the anime (Series, Movies, TVSpecials, and OVAs) in all their states, sagas, clothes and transformations.
Then we have,
FAQ wrote:-"There isn't the character I want in the gallery, Will you upload it?"
If appears on the Official Series, of course YES, don't worry, soon or later, but we'll do it. DON'T waste your time asking "You'll do that character?" "you'll do that transformation?" You know perfectly our project it's about do every character with every form, so don't waste your time asking.
From which then you say,
FAQ wrote:--"Will you put DBAF characters or DBHEROES characters as Trunks, Vegeta or Broly SSJ3?"
In the project there is people like ~dbkaifan2009 , ~BoScha196 or ~Raykugen who are interested in do these stuff out of the project, so check their profiles ;)
I'm sure a lot of it has to do with English not being your native tongue. Also the definition of "anime", which both you guys and everyone else who uses it can't agree on one, seems to be the problem.
No, sorry, it was a northamerican guy who wrote this. What we says is that we don't do fanart, just official material, but just from the anime, okay?
Official doesn't mean that we have to do anything named as official, we are not Toei Animation
VegettoEX wrote:My whole point was that if you are going to put your art out there, expect valid criticism when you ask for it.
I expect, but this is getting ilogical, I just try to make know the people how is all of this

desirecampbell

Post by desirecampbell » Tue May 08, 2012 8:55 pm

Okay, let's all calm down.

Raykugen is making some great fan art and everybody loves it; we're all anxious for the next . Thank you, Raykugen and every one who is working on the project, we all really appreciate it.

While obviously there will be requests for more and more images, Raykugen's project currently includes only characters associated directly with the DB, DBZ, and DBGT manga and anime. Arguing with him over what characters he (and the others involved in the project) should include is not helpful. Requests must remain requests, not demands. And please accept "no" as a valid response.

And arguing semantics is especially unhelpful, as English is obviously not Raykugen's native language. I'm sure Raykugen understands that DB Online and DB Heroes are official products, but the focus of the project is (at least currently) on the main anime series.

While I would support constructive criticism of the project, this criticism must remain constructive, not belligerent. I'm sure Raykugen (and the individual artists involved) would appreciate any comments or suggestions, but strive to keep the tone civil and non-combative.

batistabus
Patreon Supporter

Post by batistabus » Sun May 20, 2012 4:06 am

So, I'm not sure if this is you guys or not, but...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Anime-Manga-Pos ... 098wt_1031

Some guy seems to be selling posters of your renders. If this is you or someone related to the project, congrats, but I haven't heard about it here so I'm just making sure.

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Sun May 20, 2012 6:20 am

Nah, stealing others work and sell it as posters is a staple of Ebay. Nostal/Trevax suffers from exactly the same. The best part is the fact that they don't even bother trying to take out the signatures.

hulkty
Banned

Post by hulkty » Wed May 30, 2012 1:26 pm

Awesome! I didn't know you guys were on here. Your renders have been perfect references for my later pics on DA. The lines are so smooth and right that it's way easier for me to edit them into What-if transformations. Looking forward to more. I've mostly been changing SSj1-2 into SSj4, but now I'm thinking of trying to change some SSj3 into SSj5. Wonder how well that will work? As always, I always give credit to the original poster. :D