Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Resurrection 'F'"

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Resurrection '

Post by RandomGuy96 » Fri Apr 03, 2015 6:31 pm

DBZGTKOSDH wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:That doesn't make any sense. He wants to use 100% stamina (stamina is used as a synonym for power several times btw), yet he decides to use 1% of his power? You're also ignoring his agreement with Cell's statement about fights not being enjoyable unless both fighters' true powers are close. Also, him stating that Uub could win the tournament, that the supposed Godgeta and Godku were entering.
I'm not ignoring Goku's statement to Cell, I'm just saying that Oob was obviously a special case. Goku said stamina, not power, meaning that he wanted to be at 100% as a Super Saiyan 3 against Oob, just like he was against Boo. He didn't want to just have an enjoyable fight, it was a special fight for him, because he wanted to see if he had surpassed Boo through his training. If he was counting his new forms (SSGod, base God, blue SS), the fight itself would have been pointless. The fact that he is considering losing against Oob means that even if he is cornered, he won't use his God powers no matter what.
Either FNF just didn't happen in the manga's continuity (which the plethora of continuity errors would indicate), or he somehow lost the god power-up, like Gohan somehow lost his Ultimate power-up (even though he has it at the EOZ).
BoG & FnF don't have that important errors like other movies.

As for Gohan's Ultimate state, the way his fights sound from the synopsis, it sounds like he just didn't get the chance to use the form, not that he had lost it (same for SS2). As for his eyes not being fully outlined, it's most likely a design error from Toriyama, since he did the same mistake in his BoG drawings of Gohan. But even if he really had lost it, nothing stops him from getting the power-up again during the 5 years between FnF & 28th TB arc.
rereboy wrote:That quote is for marketing purposes and is inconsistent on itself. He is not really continuing the manga like it was in serialization because the plot doesn't even happen after the end of the manga and its not only based on the manga but also based on the previous movies (2008 special, BOG) and includes stuff that wasn't in the manga, like Jaco.
You are taking the line way too literally. Toriyama obviously doesn't mean that he is writting BoG & FnF as if they are chapters 520+.
I don't think you even believe half of what you're typing. Yes, he wants to be at 100% stamina (synonym for power in several other cases), but he's only going to use a fraction of his power on Uub. Because... that makes sense. Oh, and he's also acting like the fight is going to be fun, even though he has indirectly stated that it's not. And he doesn't want to use this god-given power, even though he had zero problem using the other god-given power-ups. Also, he says Uub has a chance at winning the tournament, even though Godgeta and Godku are both entering and could swat Pure Buu like a fly.

You're right. They have more. FNF in particular fits no better in the continuity than any of the other fourteen DBZ movies, and in some cases is a harder fit. Gohan not having his Ultimate form, Hell not being consistent with the manga's description of it, Freeza's absurd training gains, Freeza's knowledge of Buu and Beerus, Pilaf and co being young (a carry-over from BOG, where that shouldn't have happened), Piccolo having trouble with a Zarbon-tier Giant Red Bull Man, numerous alien invasions happening in what was supposed to be a peaceful period, the god power-up completely messing with the EOZ, etc.

Okay, now I KNOW you don't believe what you say. He didn't get a chance? What the hell? He's not even sure he can turn SS anymore! He has absolutely zero reason to use SS over Ultimate if he has it. Which he doesn't.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Fri Apr 03, 2015 6:33 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote:Just like Roshi times - FNF fanart version
Pretty cool.
That's so awesome! Man I would have killed for a scene like that in the movie.

Mystic Tien
Regular

Post by Mystic Tien » Fri Apr 03, 2015 6:41 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
Pretty cool.
Sounds just like Beerus, right :lol: Please, don't destroy our planet, Beerus-sama. Whis will mess with time once again, and makes it possible :thumbup:
Marco Polo wrote:
Hellspawn28 wrote:Cool to see Gohan have a kill for once. He hasn't killed someone since Cell (or Broli if you want to count in General).
He almost got Videl killed in Battle of Gods tho.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Fri Apr 03, 2015 6:57 pm

*Uses "Google Translate" on Whis message on the Bulma Blog even though she knows it's gonna come out odd.*

*Sees*
Whis via Google Translate wrote:Are you Bavarian cream today?
X3

I'll wait for an actual Herms translation for this.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

singsing
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by singsing » Fri Apr 03, 2015 7:03 pm

Of course Goku wouldn't catch up to Beerus's 75 million years of training... Goku kinda can't live for 75 million years.

TheRed259
Advanced Regular

Post by TheRed259 » Fri Apr 03, 2015 7:04 pm

Meanwhile, Shenron has invaded Japanese shopping malls in order to promote the new DragonBall Z Movie.

Last edited by TheRed259 on Sat Dec 19, 2015 12:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mystic Tien
Regular

Post by Mystic Tien » Fri Apr 03, 2015 7:06 pm

singsing wrote:Of course Goku wouldn't catch up to Beerus's 75 million years of training... Goku kinda can't live for 75 million years.
Em... He was granted a body when he died, trained in the Other World and he was just fine. So him saying that he would never catch up to Beerus doesn't make a single bit of sense.
Marco Polo wrote:
Hellspawn28 wrote:Cool to see Gohan have a kill for once. He hasn't killed someone since Cell (or Broli if you want to count in General).
He almost got Videl killed in Battle of Gods tho.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Fri Apr 03, 2015 7:23 pm

Mystic Tien wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:
Pretty cool.
Sounds just like Beerus, right :lol: Please, don't destroy our planet, Beerus-sama. Whis will mess with time once again, and makes it possible :thumbup:
Don't worry. I won't destroy the Earth. :wink:

Yet.

bleed0range
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by bleed0range » Fri Apr 03, 2015 7:25 pm

A thought just occurred to me that this movie would have been cool as an introduction to a third film where the Earth stayed destroyed. Imagine if they lost the battle and there was no time travel ability and it led Goku and a dead Vegeta retrieved from the afterlife into another universe to find a way to restore the earth and they came across another more serious villain. That would have been cool.

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Fri Apr 03, 2015 7:31 pm

bleed0range wrote:A thought just occurred to me that this movie would have been cool as an introduction to a third film where the Earth stayed destroyed. Imagine if they lost the battle and there was no time travel ability and it led Goku and a dead Vegeta retrieved from the afterlife into another universe to find a way to restore the earth and they came across another more serious villain. That would have been cool.
They would go to new Namek and wish the Earth and everyone back to life.

bleed0range
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by bleed0range » Fri Apr 03, 2015 7:35 pm

TheGmGoken wrote:
bleed0range wrote:A thought just occurred to me that this movie would have been cool as an introduction to a third film where the Earth stayed destroyed. Imagine if they lost the battle and there was no time travel ability and it led Goku and a dead Vegeta retrieved from the afterlife into another universe to find a way to restore the earth and they came across another more serious villain. That would have been cool.
They would go to new Namek and wish the Earth and everyone back to life.

Nope. It appears that in the meantime Freeza found new Namek and destroyed that too. I feel like Toriyama over here! Haha. It's really that simple, could have been a cool way to introduce the other universes.

Avenged
Advanced Regular

Post by Avenged » Fri Apr 03, 2015 7:47 pm

Bonus Stage wrote:
Attempt at fan made DB heroes card?
Dragon Blog Z - A Dragon Ball Z Community

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Fri Apr 03, 2015 7:53 pm

Another 2 great fanarts from one of my favourite artists, Salvamakoto. I just love how he brings the oldscool style back.
Gohan even in that clothes couldn't look more badass.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

SSJ God Gogeta
I Live Here

Post by SSJ God Gogeta » Fri Apr 03, 2015 8:08 pm

I love that Gohan and Vegeta one.

Vegeta -"Are you as pissed off as me being made chump?"

Gohan -"Royally pissed!"
"I am neither Goku nor Vegeta! I am the one who will defeat you!!" - Gogeta

I'm that guy who makes the avatars

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Fri Apr 03, 2015 8:11 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote:Another 2 great fanarts from one of my favourite artists, Salvamakoto. I just love how he brings the oldscool style back.
Wow these look amazing. Damn Gohan looks badass....too bad he's lame in the movie.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Fri Apr 03, 2015 8:20 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote:Another 2 great fanarts from one of my favourite artists, Salvamakoto. I just love how he brings the oldscool style back.
Wow. Those two fanarts are pretty awesome. :thumbup:

UpFromTheSkies
I Live Here

Post by UpFromTheSkies » Fri Apr 03, 2015 8:33 pm

Speaking of FnF fan art, here is some I found recently that I liked a lot

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Fri Apr 03, 2015 8:44 pm

I love that Buu pic.

The rest though...O_o
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

MasterVampire
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by MasterVampire » Fri Apr 03, 2015 8:46 pm

Whats the time frame between this movie and BOG?

How could Gohan loose his Ultimate Form in that time?
You see him powering up into it in BOG but not this?
Or is it just some BS reason because if he did he could just beat all those 1000 soldiers with the flick of a wrist?

UpFromTheSkies
I Live Here

Post by UpFromTheSkies » Fri Apr 03, 2015 8:52 pm

fadeddreams5 wrote:I love that Buu pic.

The rest though...O_o
Lol, they are very different. Here's another I like
That's the last one I'll post, don't want to get off topic. :)