All voice actors of adult Goku and Vegeta around the world (2024 Update)

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TheRed259
Advanced Regular

All voice actors of adult Goku and Vegeta around the world (2024 Update)

Post by TheRed259 » Sun Sep 30, 2018 1:39 pm

Here you can find all the voices of adult Goku (from DBZ ep. 1 onwards) and adult Vegeta from all around the world. There is still room for improvement for this list so if you know something more, let me know. I didn't include voice clips because I don't think that 2 or 3 videos can be 100% representative of a voice actor's work. Also, please refrain quoting the first post because it's really huge.
And with this opportunity, let's remember some main voice actors of Goku who are no longer with us as of this writing: Paolo Torrisi (1950-2005), Zeyad Errafae'ie (1967-2009), Manos Venieris (1947-2020), Kirby Morrow (1973-2020), Nenad Nenadović (1964-2021), László Lippai (1959-2022) and Thierry Mercier (1961-2023). Rest in peace.
And as for Vegeta here are all the main voice actors we have lost as of this writing: Kaiwan Wattanakrai (1951-2022). Rest in peace.

Japanese Goku

Japanese Vegeta

English Goku

English Vegeta

Albanian Goku

Albanian Vegeta

Arabic Goku

Arabic Vegeta

Basque Goku

Basque Vegeta

Brazilian Portuguese Goku

Brazilian Portuguese Vegeta

Cantonese Goku

Cantonese Vegeta

Castilian Goku

Castilian Vegeta

Catalan Goku

Catalan Vegeta

Croatian Goku

Croatian Vegeta

Danish Goku

Danish Vegeta

European Portuguese Goku

European Portuguese Vegeta

French Goku

French Vegeta

Galician Goku

Galician Vegeta

German Goku

German Vegeta

Greek Goku

Greek Vegeta

Hebrew Goku

Hebrew Vegeta

Hindi Goku

Hindi Vegeta

Hmong Goku

Hmong Vegeta

Hungarian Goku

Hungarian Vegeta

Indonesian Goku

Indonesian Vegeta

Italian Goku

Italian Vegeta

Kannada Goku

Kannada Vegeta

Korean Goku

Korean Vegeta

Kurdish Goku

Kurdish Vegeta

Latin American Goku

Latin American Vegeta

Lithuanian Goku

Lithuanian Vegeta

Macedonian Goku

Macedonian Vegeta

Malay Goku

Malay Vegeta

Malayalam Goku

Malayalam Vegeta

Mandarin Goku

Mandarin Vegeta

Norwegian Goku

Norwegian Vegeta

Persian Goku

Persian Vegeta

Polish Goku

Polish Vegeta

Romanian Goku

Romanian Vegeta

Russian Goku

Russian Vegeta

Serbian Goku

Serbian Vegeta

Swedish Goku

Swedish Vegeta

Tagalog Goku

Tagalog Vegeta

Tamil Goku

Tamil Vegeta

Telugu Goku

Telugu Vegeta

Thai Goku

Thai Vegeta

Urdu Goku

Urdu Vegeta

Valencian Goku

Valencian Vegeta

Vietnamese Goku

Vietnamese Vegeta
Last edited by TheRed259 on Thu Feb 15, 2024 6:33 pm, edited 106 times in total.

Tian
Advanced Regular

Re: All voice actors of Goku and Vegeta around the world

Post by Tian » Sun Sep 30, 2018 3:20 pm

The Romanian voice-over only had two voice actors, so Vegeta was also voiced by Marius Săvescu.

The old Serbian dub has a mistake... a mistake I made too. Vladan Savić is not Vegeta's voice actor but Nikola Bulatović, who also voiced Gohan and King Kai. Vladan Savić voiced Yamcha, Raditz and Master Roshi.

Edit : Forgot to mention that neither Michael Elo or Peter Secher Schmidt voiced Vegeta in the Danish dub, he was actually voiced by Kristian Boland, according to Danske Film Stemmer.

TheRed259
Advanced Regular

Post by TheRed259 » Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:16 pm

Tian wrote:The Romanian voice-over only had two voice actors, so Vegeta was also voiced by Marius Săvescu.

The old Serbian dub has a mistake... a mistake I made too. Vladan Savić is not Vegeta's voice actor but Nikola Bulatović, who also voiced Gohan and King Kai. Vladan Savić voiced Yamcha, Raditz and Master Roshi.

Edit : Forgot to mention that neither Michael Elo or Peter Secher Schmidt voiced Vegeta in the Danish dub, he was actually voiced by Kristian Boland, according to Danske Film Stemmer.
Thanks for the corrections! About the Romanian voice-over, are you sure it's the same actor and not the other one?

Tian
Advanced Regular

Post by Tian » Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:25 pm

TheRed259 wrote:
Tian wrote:The Romanian voice-over only had two voice actors, so Vegeta was also voiced by Marius Săvescu.

Thanks for the corrections! About the Romanian voice-over, are you sure it's the same actor and not the other one?
Yes, it is the same voice actor because Săvescu voiced all the male characters (except for Gohan, Krillin* and the narrator) and the other voice actor was a woman called Mirela Strainu who voiced all the female characters, Gohan, Krillin and the narrator.

*I remember Săvescu also voiced Krillin but I don't exactly remember when he stopped voicing him.
Last edited by Tian on Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Dragon Ball Ireland
I Live Here

Post by Dragon Ball Ireland » Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:26 pm

TheRed259 wrote:Ocean dub:

Goku: Ian James Corlett (DBZ 1-49), Peter Kelamis (DBZ 50-67, 123-mid-Cell Saga, DBZ Movies 1-3), Kirby Morrow (mid-Cell Saga-291)
I'd add Richard Ian Cox for Ocean's Kai dub, although if it airs on the new cable channel set to launch in Canada that may become a more well known fact.

Also worth noting, Ian Corlett voiced him in the TV edited version of movie 3 and Kirby Morrow came in at episode 145 (edited) or 160 (uncut).
Do you have any info about international non-English broadcasts about the Dragon Ball anime or manga translations/editions? Please message me. Researching for a future book with Dragon Ball scholar Derek Padula :thumbup:

TheRed259
Advanced Regular

Post by TheRed259 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:17 am

Dragon Ball Ireland wrote:Kirby Morrow came in at episode 145 (edited) or 160 (uncut).
So last time Peter Kelamis voiced Goku was when Cell absorbed 18 in episode 159?

Tian
Advanced Regular

Post by Tian » Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:21 am

I've got the names of Goku's VAs from the Norwegian and Swedish dubs of the movies: Christoffer Staib (Norwegian) and Kristian Ståhlgren (Swedish)

Vijay
Advanced Regular

Post by Vijay » Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:23 am

Ha!

The legend who could manage to gather names of every Goku & Vegeta's voice actors from our planet Earth...still couldnt find out Malaysian/Speedy dub voice actors :twisted:

Not even FBI , CIA combined could ever trace Malaysian Goku & Veggie voice actors lol :P

TheRed259
Advanced Regular

Post by TheRed259 » Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:29 am

Tian wrote:I've got the names of Goku's VAs from the Norwegian and Swedish dubs of the movies: Christoffer Staib (Norwegian) and Kristian Ståhlgren (Swedish)
Thanks! :thumbup:
Vijay wrote:Ha!

The legend who could manage to gather names of every Goku & Vegeta's voice actors from our planet Earth...still couldnt find out Malaysian/Speedy dub voice actors :twisted:

Not even FBI , CIA combined could ever trace Malaysian Goku & Veggie voice actors lol :P
LOL, I added them now.

Tian
Advanced Regular

Post by Tian » Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:05 am

I just noticed you forgot to put the voice actors from the Filipino English dub. If you don't know or remember them, the voice actors are Nesty Calvo Ramirez (Goku) and Raymond Buyco (Vegeta).

TheRed259
Advanced Regular

Post by TheRed259 » Sat Oct 13, 2018 2:40 pm

Tian wrote:I just noticed you forgot to put the voice actors from the Filipino English dub. If you don't know or remember them, the voice actors are Nesty Calvo Ramirez (Goku) and Raymond Buyco (Vegeta).
Okay, I added them.

Also, I found out that yesterday (October 12, 2018) AB Group changed name and became Mediawan Thematics.

sangofe
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by sangofe » Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:59 am

This is a pretty cool topic!

sangofe
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by sangofe » Sat May 25, 2019 2:15 am

Now we'd need YouTube clips to show samples of every dub!

TheGreatness25
I Live Here

Post by TheGreatness25 » Tue May 28, 2019 7:36 am

Kirby Morrow did not do the TV edited Tree of Mighty movie; that was Ian James Corlett. Unless that movie was redone, it was dubbed before DBZ even hit Toonami, which is before the new episodes were ordered, which is certainly before DBZ continued with the Ocean dub, which was before Kirby Morrow replaced Peter Kelamis.

TheBlackPaladin
I Live Here

Post by TheBlackPaladin » Tue May 28, 2019 2:11 pm

TheRed259 wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 1:39 pm German dub:

Goku: Tommy Morgenstern (DBZ, DBGT), Amadeus Strobel (DBZ Kai), Stefan Bräuler (DB Super)

Vegeta: Santiago Ziesmer (DBZ Saiyan Saga), Oliver Siebeck (DBZ, DBGT), Florian Hoffmann (DBZ Kai, DB Super)
There's a slight note to be made here. While Tommy Morgenstern and Oliver Siebeck were both replaced for Kai and Super, they have come back for literally all of the movies. This includes Battle of Gods, Resurrection F, and even Dragon Ball Super: Broly (despite not playing those roles in the Super TV series). So, as a suggestion, maybe it should be, "Tommy Morgenstern (DBZ, DBGT, Films)," and the same for Oliver Siebeck.

While they were working-class dub actors when they first started working on DBZ, their dubbing careers really took off after that, to the point where they gained the clout to ask for higher-than-usual paydays. Too high for a regular TV series, but not too high for the movies, where the dubbing budgets tend to be higher.
A "rather haggard" translation of a line from Future Gohan in DBZ, provided to FUNimation by Toei:
"To think of fighting that is this fun...so, it was pleasant fight, as many as, therefore is a feeling which is good the fight where."

Tian
Advanced Regular

Post by Tian » Thu May 30, 2019 3:54 am

The voice actors from the Argentinian redub of DBS Broly can be added too in the Latino section? The guys who voiced Goku and Vegeta in that redub are Santiago Florentín and Alejandro González respectively.

The funny thing about Santiago Florentín (Goku's VA) is that he previously voiced the character in some fandubs and that's not all, he can also do a good impression of Mario Castañeda's voice.

sangofe
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by sangofe » Thu May 30, 2019 4:26 am

Tian wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 3:54 am The voice actors from the Argentinian redub of DBS Broly can be added too in the Latino section? The guys who voiced Goku and Vegeta in that redub are Santiago Florentín and Alejandro González respectively.

The funny thing about Santiago Florentín (Goku's VA) is that he previously voiced the character in some fandubs and that's not all, he can also do a good impression of Mario Castañeda's voice.
I hope he didn't go for an impression because it's more interesting to hear another take on the character.

sangofe
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by sangofe » Thu May 30, 2019 4:27 am

Tian wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 3:54 am The voice actors from the Argentinian redub of DBS Broly can be added too in the Latino section? The guys who voiced Goku and Vegeta in that redub are Santiago Florentín and Alejandro González respectively.

I hope he didn't go for an impression because it's more interesting to hear another take on the character.