New "Remastered Box Set" Information

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

dragondyle
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by dragondyle » Thu Jan 18, 2007 7:05 pm

On CD Universe, will this box set still be $20 after the pre-order is over?
You must have faith in who you are.

SonGokuGT
I Live Here

Post by SonGokuGT » Thu Jan 18, 2007 8:50 pm

dragondyle wrote:On CD Universe, will this box set still be $20 after the pre-order is over?
Best Buy has it listed for $34.99. I'll dish out the extra cash in order to get it te day of release. Sorry, when it comes to this, I'm getting pretty impatient. I check the store every Tuesday in case they decide to put them out early. Best Buy has a history of breaking release date laws.

John
Not-So-Newbie

Post by John » Fri Jan 19, 2007 3:05 pm

Odds are, one of us will get this before it comes out. And boy do I hope that person is a turbonerd who will write a 50 page in-depth review of it with screen caps, audio samples, and an ms-paint drawing describing how he feels about the release overall.
(guitar solo goes here)

Castor Troy
I Live Here

Post by Castor Troy » Fri Jan 19, 2007 3:16 pm

Tatsunoboshi Horoko wrote:
nathantheguitarist wrote: As for the 9000 thing, what did they say in the re-dub? I've gone and watched all the versions of it on youtube, but haven't seen that one anywhere :lol:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oolENGHewB8

"IT'S OVER NINE THOUSAND AAAUGH!"

But I wonder why it wasn't fixed to over 8000, though. They fixed a lot of other things like that, if I remember correctly.
Was Sabat taking a nap when he redubbed that scene?

yamiiguy

Post by yamiiguy » Fri Jan 19, 2007 3:50 pm

dragondyle wrote:On CD Universe, will this box set still be $20 after the pre-order is over?
I am so angry at myself right now :( I was going to order this on my birthday (24th) because I'd have money, and it's gone back up to $31 :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :evil:

Duo
I Live Here

Post by Duo » Fri Jan 19, 2007 4:01 pm

I'll take edited Ian Corlett, Brian Drummond, and whoever-played-Nappa over that anyday...

I don't hate the dub or dislike people who like it, but watching that was honestly painful.

desirecampbell

Post by desirecampbell » Fri Jan 19, 2007 4:22 pm

Duo wrote:
I'll take edited Ian Corlett, Brian Drummond, and whoever-played-Nappa over that anyday...
I don't hate the dub or dislike people who like it, but watching that was honestly painful.
Yeah. Wow. It sounds like Vegeta needs some Robitussin.

Tatsunoboshi Horoko
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Tatsunoboshi Horoko » Fri Jan 19, 2007 4:26 pm

desirecampbell wrote:
Duo wrote:
Yeah. Wow. It sounds like Vegeta needs some Robitussin.
I completely agree. Also, for some reason, at least to me, Sabat sounds like he said the line too fast and had to add in that grunting noise at the end.

mAcChaos
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mAcChaos » Fri Jan 19, 2007 4:32 pm

God, that was terrible.
[i]"I have yet to show you, young warrior, what I'm truly capable of."[/i] - Cell

theoriginalbilis

Post by theoriginalbilis » Fri Jan 19, 2007 4:42 pm

It wasn't as memorable as Brian Drummond's voicing, but at least it'll have the original music in the scene when Season One comes out, so I'll be happy.

You guys should also hear the "You won't escape MY WRAAATH!" line for the redub: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdu8_rko0kU ... :shock:
Last edited by theoriginalbilis on Fri Jan 19, 2007 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nothing matters (in a cosmic sense.) Have a good time.

Castor Troy
I Live Here

Post by Castor Troy » Fri Jan 19, 2007 4:43 pm

Bah, I'm not gonna get this set anymore. :x

I don't even think the japanese music will help watch the new bland redub.

theoriginalbilis

Post by theoriginalbilis » Fri Jan 19, 2007 4:49 pm

Castor Troy wrote:Bah, I'm not gonna get this set anymore. :x

Yeah, but you'll still get the Japanese version with the Japanese voices, though. And the price~! :lol:
Nothing matters (in a cosmic sense.) Have a good time.

Conan the SSJ
I Live Here

Post by Conan the SSJ » Fri Jan 19, 2007 4:53 pm

Because of one stale line delivery, you're passing this up? Personally, I think the redub w/t JP BGM is gonna be fantastic. I mean judging from what we saw on Cartoon Network a year and a half ago, the writing in these episodes is a lot smarter and more accurate, not like the constant pop culture/mondo bro/vantrilquism BS we're familiar with. Not only that, the VAs had 4 years of experience with the series before starting with the redub, so we know they're at the top of their game.

Maybe we'll even gets some redubbing for some of those very annoying inconsistencies (Raditz's "3 years ago" could become "Over 20 years ago"), as it's already been confirmed the VAs are doing such.
14 years later

SatoSky
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SatoSky » Fri Jan 19, 2007 4:57 pm

Conan the SSJ wrote:Not only that, the VAs had 4 years of experience with the series before starting with the redub, so we know they're at the top of their game.
Top of their game huh? I would hate to go back and watch them when they were at their worst. :P In all seriousness though, I used to love Sabat's Vegeta voice, after having come to this site though, I can't stand any voice from the English dub. :x

desirecampbell

Post by desirecampbell » Fri Jan 19, 2007 5:20 pm

Conan the SSJ wrote:Not only that, the VAs had 4 years of experience with the series before starting with the redub, so we know they're at the top of their game.
Really? Chris Sabat is terrible then.

Drummond's slightly gravely Vegeta isn't a good as Horikawa's Vegeta - but at least it's not Sabat's "I'm desperately trying to sound like a dude, while taking a shit, while eating rocks" Vegeta.

mAcChaos

Post by mAcChaos » Fri Jan 19, 2007 5:25 pm

Yeah, me too, after I saw that 9000 line. What a disappointment.

Anyone got the Ocean clip of the same scene?

Actually, listening to the part where he senses the Ginyu Force, it's not bad... I could get used to it. But I don't know how the Ocean scene sounds.
[i]"I have yet to show you, young warrior, what I'm truly capable of."[/i] - Cell

GI_Judd2287
Beyond Newbie

Post by GI_Judd2287 » Fri Jan 19, 2007 5:52 pm

In all seriousness though, I used to love Sabat's Vegeta voice, after having come to this site though, I can't stand any voice from the English dub.
So basically, you're saying you liked the dub until you came to this website and saw all these people bashing it so you're going to do the same? Are you so impressionable that you need a website to tell you which voices to like and which ones not to like? Think for yourself for a change.
"Surrender??!! You think this letter on my head stands for France?"-- Captain America

DaemonCorps

Post by DaemonCorps » Fri Jan 19, 2007 6:48 pm

Wait a sec. Wasn't it confirmed that they were going to re-dub (or I guess re-re-dub) the footage, suggesting that we'll be getting a somewhat different dub from the UUE versions? Or are you guys just talking about the clips in terms of the VAs? I personally like the newer voices, but that's proably because I got into the series later than most.

Lots of retailers are selling the set for pre-order for a cheaper price than the actual retail price of $50. Do you think around $30 will end up being the regular selling price for these sets?
10-30 minutes have most likely passed between my clicking to comment and actually posting. Curse my habit of thinking how to word my posts for too long!
YouTube Essays | twitter | webcomic | instantaneous movement grams

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Fri Jan 19, 2007 6:53 pm

GI_Judd2287 wrote:
In all seriousness though, I used to love Sabat's Vegeta voice, after having come to this site though, I can't stand any voice from the English dub.
So basically, you're saying you liked the dub until you came to this website and saw all these people bashing it so you're going to do the same? Are you so impressionable that you need a website to tell you which voices to like and which ones not to like? Think for yourself for a change.
Dude, whoa. Put words in someone's mouth much?
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

BrollysKin
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by BrollysKin » Fri Jan 19, 2007 6:56 pm

VegettoEX wrote:
GI_Judd2287 wrote:
Dude, whoa. Put words in someone's mouth much?
That is more or less what he was saying. This forum is known for converting people to hate the dub for dumb reasons.
Like Star Wars? Like Podcasts?
Check out the Star Wars Action News Forums: www.swactionnews.com