Eduardo Garza Criticized for Keeping Son Goku on BoG

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

UltimateHammerBro
Advanced Regular

Re: Eduardo Garza Criticized for Keeping Son Goku on BoG

Post by UltimateHammerBro » Wed Apr 15, 2015 4:57 pm

Cold Skin wrote:Well, I've learned something!
I always thought "Te quiero" directly translated as "I want you" and therefore meant - as an equivalent - "I love you" (the strongest thing you could say, likely only to your lover/love/husband/wife).
I had no idea you could casually say "Te quiero" to a friend! To me, it really meant "I love you", as in "I'm in love with you". I would have been in for a surprise if I had a friend out there who suddenly told me "Te quiero", just saying that he likes me as a friend while I would embarrassingly tell him that a love story between us couldn't happen! :lol:
"Te quiero" can be used in a lot of contexts: you can say it to friends, family or loved ones in general without it referring to being in love, but it also means "I love you" in the sense of "I'm in love with you".
As Black_Liger said, "Te amo" is a stronger version "Te quiero", and it's only used to mean "I'm in love with you". However, it sounds pretty unnatural to me: it's not something I would ever say. "Te quiero" is just fine :lol:
I'm a webcomic artist! Check out http://tapastic.com/series/Hearts

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Sat May 07, 2016 11:18 am

I REALLY hope the new director for Buu Kai and Super keeps the Son surname.
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

Mewzard
I Live Here

Post by Mewzard » Sat May 07, 2016 12:15 pm

This reminds me of when Sean Schemmel added "Son Goku" to one of his takes of the "I am the Super Saiyan,(Son) Goku!" for the fans, and they ended up keeping that one.

Did that get any backlash a few years ago? I can't remember.

I personally don't see the problem of addressing Goku's full name, even if it doesn't come up much. It really shouldn't be something worth complaining about.
RIDER KIIIIIIICK!

TheBlackPaladin
I Live Here

Post by TheBlackPaladin » Sat May 07, 2016 1:37 pm

Mewzard wrote:This reminds me of when Sean Schemmel added "Son Goku" to one of his takes of the "I am the Super Saiyan,(Son) Goku!" for the fans, and they ended up keeping that one.

Did that get any backlash a few years ago? I can't remember.
Not....quite. I personally didn't see any complaints about the inclusion of the word "Son," but I did see a lot of comments saying that the new "I Am" speech itself was "stupid" compared to the "epic" "Hope of the Universe" speech. Suffice to say, that's not an opinion I share.
A "rather haggard" translation of a line from Future Gohan in DBZ, provided to FUNimation by Toei:
"To think of fighting that is this fun...so, it was pleasant fight, as many as, therefore is a feeling which is good the fight where."