Z fighter vs. ...

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Mon Feb 26, 2007 2:38 pm

MajinVejitaXV wrote:
Magneto wrote:
Superman once sneezed away an entire galaxy.
No , he didn`t
Yes he did, in February 1961. Mr. Mxyzptlk let a cloud of magic sneezing powder loose on Metropolis and (pre-Crisis) Superman couldn't hold back a "super-sneeze" that destroyed an entire distant solar system.
Solar system =/= galaxy.

MajinVejitaXV
Slut of the Daizenshuu EX Family

Post by MajinVejitaXV » Mon Feb 26, 2007 2:43 pm

Rocketman wrote:Solar system =/= galaxy.
Touché.

-Corey

Humpski
Regular

Post by Humpski » Mon Feb 26, 2007 3:23 pm

MajinVejitaXV wrote:
Touché.

-Corey
Either way it's quite a feat.
Check out our home made films!
Lots of martial arts action and comedy.
http://youtube.com/profile_videos?user=HumpskiProductions

desirecampbell

Post by desirecampbell » Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:39 pm

That's the point of contention?! "Oh, it was just a solar system." Fuck.

Yeah, the Goku v. Superman idea is more popular than others not only because there are similarities between them, but because Superman is more popular than other characters. And I'm sure anyone's who's interested on my opinion on the matter has already read my link.

The biggest problem with these types of discussions is ignorance. Almost everyone's going to know more about one character than the other - and so their judgements are faulty simply because they don't have all the information. When I wrote up that Goku v. Superman page, I had talked a lot with 'Last Son of Krypton' about what Superman could actually do. Did you know there's a (non canonical) Superman that stayed inside the sun for 500 years, came out literally golden, immortal, ultra powerful, and immune to kryptonite? Yeah.

Anyway, reading up on the Power Cosmic, Silver Surfer seems far too powerful for anyone from Dragon Ball.

Pedro The Hutt
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Pedro The Hutt » Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:03 am

Nothing a good training session can't fix though. >.>;; As the natural progression of power in DBZ seems to indicate.

Dark Vegeta-Sama
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Dark Vegeta-Sama » Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:16 am

Without a doubt, these are the most powerful characters in all of fiction.

Nobody else even comes close. It's not like the average super hero has the capability to destroy the entire universe at will.

Ex-Dubbie369
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Ex-Dubbie369 » Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:51 am

Well I doubt that most characters can stand much of a chance against the Phoenix. I mean she basically flew to a different galaxy, blew it up, and came back in a matter of hours.
Last edited by Ex-Dubbie369 on Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:53 am

Ex-Dubbie369 wrote:Well I doubt that ost characters can stand much of a chance against the Phoenix. I mean she basically flew to a different galaxy, blew it up, and came back in a matter of hours.
And that kind of bullshit is why I don't read comics.

Undercooked Sausage
Beyond Newbie

Post by Undercooked Sausage » Tue Feb 27, 2007 1:11 am

The reason you can't compare a Goku vs "insert comic character" is because Goku's abilities were all written by one guy, Akira Toriyama, and only for eleven years.

Superman has been around for over half a century, has had dozens of people write the character, has appeared in all sorts of media, and has had plenty of time to become a pretty broken, convoluted character.

desirecampbell

Post by desirecampbell » Tue Feb 27, 2007 1:23 am

Undercooked Sausage wrote:The reason you can't compare a Goku vs "insert comic character" is because Goku's abilities were all written by one guy, Akira Toriyama, and only for eleven years.

Superman has been around for over half a century, has had dozens of people write the character, has appeared in all sorts of media, and has had plenty of time to become a pretty broken, convoluted character.
That's why, with western comics, you have to be specific. "Which Superman are we talking about?"

This is only a problem when the discussion involves a character that noone's familiar with. A dedicated fan of a character will know these things.

Vhanos
Beyond Newbie

Post by Vhanos » Tue Feb 27, 2007 3:57 am

That's why, with western comics, you have to be specific. "Which Superman are we talking about?"
Same thing with DBZ or any other anime. You need to be specific with what version of the character or what point in their history you are using them to battle in. Also what the circumstance of the fight is.

If we want to talk about anyone from DBZ battling Superman, I don't think they can do too well against the pre-crisis version. Other DC characters from the pre-crisis era of that mold also will be too much for Goku and crew. If it is post-crisis Superman then I think they have a better chance. As for Marvel. I think a good fight would be with Thor and Gladiator. Herald level beings and above that are too much for DBZ.

Now as for anime, DBZ can defeat many animes in a battle. But they don't reign over all. I know three series that can beat them.

KinoFourpaws
Regular

Post by KinoFourpaws » Tue Feb 27, 2007 5:02 am

Vhanos wrote:Now as for anime, DBZ can defeat many animes in a battle. But they don't reign over all. I know three series that can beat them.
I have two words for you: Name them! :D
Art, etc. links taken down for now. Will be updated at some point. I dunno.

I NEED A NEW SIGNATURE D:

Steam handle: KinoFourpaws. Want to shoot up some zambees?

Black Mist
Beyond Newbie

Post by Black Mist » Tue Feb 27, 2007 4:11 pm

KinoFourpaws wrote:
Vhanos wrote:Now as for anime, DBZ can defeat many animes in a battle. But they don't reign over all. I know three series that can beat them.
Bobobo-bo-bobobo for one I mean you never no what will happen in their universe.
Bobobo:Fist of the very huge Needle
Goku: Ahh!
That is probably how it would go down Imo.
Black Mist: B team
I am also a respected podcast audio emailer.Listen to my adventures with my sidekick B in nintedo.theretrocast.com.Or just random stuff at www.onholdpodcast.com

desirecampbell

Post by desirecampbell » Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:26 pm

KinoFourpaws wrote:I have two words for you: Name them! :D
How about Kira from Death Note? I wonder if he'd have to use Goku or Kakarotto? :P

mAcChaos
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mAcChaos » Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:40 pm

desirecampbell wrote:
How about Kira from Death Note? I wonder if he'd have to use Goku or Kakarotto? :P
King Kai or anyone else from Kami's lookout could figure it out pretty quickly.
[i]"I have yet to show you, young warrior, what I'm truly capable of."[/i] - Cell

Super Sonic
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Super Sonic » Wed Feb 28, 2007 2:32 am

KinoFourpaws wrote:
Though I've never seen "Fist of the North Star" in any form, I hear some guys say they think the main guy can take Goku.

Pedro The Hutt
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Pedro The Hutt » Wed Feb 28, 2007 8:38 pm

desirecampbell wrote:
Well, you get a maximum of three misspellings with the Death Note, after that the Death Note won't take effect when attempting to kill that certain individual. So I'd say that he's free to try both Kakaroto and Son Goku. XD

desirecampbell

Post by desirecampbell » Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:40 pm

Pedro The Hutt wrote:Well, you get a maximum of three misspellings with the Death Note, after that the Death Note won't take effect when attempting to kill that certain individual. So I'd say that he's free to try both Kakaroto and Son Goku. XD
Really? I don't remember that rule.

MisterFlashdude
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MisterFlashdude » Wed Feb 28, 2007 11:17 pm

desirecampbell wrote:
Pedro The Hutt wrote:Well, you get a maximum of three misspellings with the Death Note, after that the Death Note won't take effect when attempting to kill that certain individual. So I'd say that he's free to try both Kakaroto and Son Goku. XD
Death Note
How to use it
IX

The Death Note will not affect those under 780 days old.

The Death Note will be rendered useless if the victim's name is misspelled four times.

Casual Matt
Advanced Regular

Post by Casual Matt » Thu Mar 01, 2007 10:36 pm

MisterFlashdude wrote:
desirecampbell wrote:
Death Note
How to use it
IX

The Death Note will not affect those under 780 days old.

The Death Note will be rendered useless if the victim's name is misspelled four times.
What about the second guy he killed? Light wrote his name a bunch of times to make sure he spelled it right. (I noticed this contradiction before, by the way.)

Also, he'd probably have to write "孫 悟空" since it's not just a nickname he made up or anything, but the name his Grandfather gave him in infancy.