Episode #0072 (08 April 2007)

We cover anything and everything Dragon Ball in hopes of enlightening... and a little bit of entertaining. Hosted every week by the Kanzenshuu staff and regular special guests from the professional and fandom communities. Your first, best, last, and only Dragon Ball podcast!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

m121akuma
Beyond Newbie

Post by m121akuma » Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:42 am

Tung Fu Rue is the Neo Geo character you're thinking of. Chin's just a fire breathing drunk. YOU FAIL, MIKE!....but I forgive you because it was an awesome podcast.

Brakus
Beyond Newbie

Post by Brakus » Mon Apr 09, 2007 11:08 am

Let's just forget that last week's podcast ever happened. (Again, it was a filler episode....)

This was a fun manga episode.... I'm sure you'll get people to buy that one volume - from the way you covered it, it's a nice little introduction to Dragon Ball.

Yay for AMV discussion, if ever so brief. I'm second-in-command in Video Programming at Katsucon, and as interstitial programming (between shows/movies) I provided a couple discs containing a few recent and classic AMVs. One of them was "This is DBZ Life" and it got a fine reception during the one time I sat in on it being shown between movies. I actually also had Doomrider on one of the DVDs (ostensibly to show right before we showed DBZ Movie 13), but we were running late in that room on that night. I wish I could have had it shown.

Most anime series currently being shown in Japan are already licensed by one of the American companies; in fact, you'd be surprised as to how many current anime series are co-produced by ADV, FUNimation, Geneon, Bandai, Viz Media, et al. The Dragonball series (DB/Z/GT) was produced long before this phenomenon, and I'm sure Toei asked FUNimation to use some of their English dub. Such a release would be a pipe dream, though.

So the Daizex.com Podcast is back in full force. Here's to more fun episodes!
- J

"Whatever you do, enjoy it to the fullest. That is the secret of life."
-- Rider (Iskander), Fate/Zero

DaemonCorps
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by DaemonCorps » Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:55 pm

Skimming through volume three, I noticed that you guys completely overlooked the background guy who's too detailed to be a background guy!:
10-30 minutes have most likely passed between my clicking to comment and actually posting. Curse my habit of thinking how to word my posts for too long!
YouTube Essays | twitter | webcomic | instantaneous movement grams

NinjaVash

Post by NinjaVash » Mon Apr 09, 2007 2:09 pm

Thanks for reading my question! "Shumacher" Like I've never heard that one before :roll: . Great Podcast, as usual. Keep up the great work!
[i]"See the TURTLE of enormous girth,
On his shell he holds the earth.
If you want to run and play,
Come along the BEAM today."[/i]

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Mon Apr 09, 2007 5:40 pm

m121akuma wrote:Tung Fu Rue is the Neo Geo character you're thinking of. Chin's just a fire breathing drunk. YOU FAIL, MIKE!....but I forgive you because it was an awesome podcast.
Dammit! :evil: I had up the wrong character profile page when I was talking... haha... I meant to actually take some screen-caps and stuff to go along with the episode, but I never got around to it before we recorded.

And that's why I want a personal screen-cap assistant to follow me around every where I go.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

desirecampbell

Post by desirecampbell » Mon Apr 09, 2007 5:48 pm

VegettoEX wrote:And that's why I want a personal screen-cap assistant to follow me around every where I go.
I thought that that was Julian's job?

Kirbopher
Regular

Post by Kirbopher » Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:04 pm

Nah, Julian's the translator and pronouncer of foreign words :B

SaiyaJedi
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by SaiyaJedi » Mon Apr 09, 2007 8:45 pm

DaemonCorps wrote:Skimming through volume three, I noticed that you guys completely overlooked the background guy who's too detailed to be a background guy!:
I've been pondering that for ages, you know.

Still haven't figured out who he's supposed to be. :?
Co-translator, Man-in-Japan, and Julian #1 at Kanzenshuu
最近、あんまし投稿してないねんけど、見てんで。いっつも見てる。

SonGokuGT
I Live Here

Post by SonGokuGT » Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:03 pm

SaiyaJedi wrote:
DaemonCorps wrote:Skimming through volume three, I noticed that you guys completely overlooked the background guy who's too detailed to be a background guy!:
I've been pondering that for ages, you know.

Still haven't figured out who he's supposed to be. :?
Right there with you... That guy annoys me every time I see him. He does have the name on the sleeve and I've researched that name in the manga industry and tried to find a connection with Toriyama on my own time but to no avail... :cry:

Bardock the Mexican
Regular

Post by Bardock the Mexican » Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:43 pm

Ladies and gents I have a solution to the mystery man in the manga. It is me and I am recieving a handsome amount of money for the use of my face and body in art let me tell you. Forget selling your body to science to get rich, just let them draw you into one page of a manga volume! If you belive this then...LOOK AN OVNI! (Objecto Volantando No Identificado) or a UFO.
Ejercito Zapatista de Liberacion Nacional: Es nuestra palabra sencilla...

Iyouboushi
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Iyouboushi » Tue Apr 10, 2007 1:34 am

Great volume review. I had forgotten which volume had the "fetch the rock" contest. Now that I know, I'm going to have to go read it again. I always loved that part.

I also checked out the Doomrider AMV that was mentioned and I have to say, great job. It is, without doubt, one of the coolest AMVs I've had the pleasure to see. You guys really do put in a lot more effort than the average fan when it comes to this stuff.
"Words! I need more words! My grasp of the language is not sufficient to describe the violent-wretching nausia your singing is causing me to experience!"
[url=http://iyou.cyberbotx.com]My Website[/url] :: [url=http://iyouboushi.netfirms.com/rk/kenshinfaq.html]The Ultimate RK FAQ[/url]

mysteriousdbzgt
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by mysteriousdbzgt » Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:38 am

Great podcast. I watched the Doomrider video and i thought it was brilliant. :D
Just another Dragon Ball fangirl in the world.

DB & Tiger and Bunny are my main fandoms, along with many other animes.

Deviantart Profile/ Tiger & Bunnyftw tumblr/ mysteriousdbzgt tumblr / My Anime List Profile

Mr. Announcer
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Mr. Announcer » Tue Apr 10, 2007 7:33 pm

I'm glad you all share my love of the third volume and I thoroughly enjoyed hearing the reasons why. It's just the foundation of so many things Dragonball and on top of that, pure entertainment.

I'm kind of missing the top 5 list though and I wish I had an idea to offer...

Great job guys, looking forward to the next podcast and volume review.
For fanart that lacks in variety [url]http://www.announcerguy.deviantart.com[/url]

クリリンのことか~!!!