Namekian question...

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

KingDabura

Namekian question...

Post by KingDabura » Sat Apr 07, 2007 10:11 pm

Hello, i'm new to the forum and i wanted to know if is it ever stated in the manga or in the anime if the way Piccolo absorbs Nail can be used by any Namekian or only special or stronger ones?

PS:I'm sorry if i made any any grammar errors, i'm still working on my english lol.
Abracadabra

NeptuneKai
I Live Here

Post by NeptuneKai » Sat Apr 07, 2007 10:35 pm

That's actually a fairly good question, I believe only two warrior Nameks can perform the fusion. So I suppose it's safe to assume any two can do it as long as they are warriors.
Aro started to laugh. “Ha, ha, ha,” he chuckled.- Actual quote from Twilight

Pieter
Beyond Newbie

Post by Pieter » Sun Apr 08, 2007 4:36 am

NeptuneKai wrote:That's actually a fairly good question, I believe only two warrior Nameks can perform the fusion. So I suppose it's safe to assume any two can do it as long as they are warriors.
And I believe Guru said Nail was the only true warrior
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1oUa0XZ7X8]Take Pride![/url]

Mystic Jack
Regular

Post by Mystic Jack » Mon Apr 09, 2007 8:14 am

I'd say that any Namekian would be able to do it personally. I mean if if is ever needed, however it would probably be better suited towards the warrior types anyway.
Singer, actor, chiropractor!

desirecampbell

Post by desirecampbell » Mon Apr 09, 2007 11:46 am

Is there anything said specifically about 'warrior' types being any different from the other Nameks? Could 'warrior type' simply mean they've been trained to fight?

Pieter
Beyond Newbie

Post by Pieter » Mon Apr 09, 2007 2:56 pm

desirecampbell wrote:Is there anything said specifically about 'warrior' types being any different from the other Nameks? Could 'warrior type' simply mean they've been trained to fight?
Guru says Nail is the only Namekian born as a fighter.
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1oUa0XZ7X8]Take Pride![/url]

lets go swimming

Post by lets go swimming » Mon Apr 09, 2007 7:55 pm

they appear to have stronger inborn power

nail was 14 times stronger than any other namekian we see

Drabaz
Advanced Regular

Post by Drabaz » Tue Apr 10, 2007 12:46 am

Does Nail looking exactly like Piccolo have anything to do with the fusion?

Yes...maybe...no?

Prince Vegeta
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Prince Vegeta » Tue Apr 10, 2007 11:58 am

Drabaz wrote:Does Nail looking exactly like Piccolo have anything to do with the fusion?

Yes...maybe...no?
Maybe they were the legendary nameks :lol: .
I always thought any namek/ian could fuse,but only Piccolo and Nail did because they were strong so that the result will be a strong fighter.
I think everybody should know that the Internet is serious business.
-Duo

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Wed Apr 18, 2007 11:42 am

desirecampbell wrote:Is there anything said specifically about 'warrior' types being any different from the other Nameks? Could 'warrior type' simply mean they've been trained to fight?
Warrior types can't use healing techniques or manage Dragonballs. So pretty much warrior castes are best for fighting and using ki destructively (for lack of a better word), whereas magic types are best for healing and using ki repairingly.

EDIT:
Here's a thought: If Kami and Piccolo fused in such a fashion that they used Kami as the base (instead of Piccolo, which ended up being the case for various obvious reasons), would the Dragonballs have become uberpowerful?
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.

desirecampbell

Post by desirecampbell » Wed Apr 18, 2007 3:40 pm

Dayspring wrote:EDIT:
Here's a thought: If Kami and Piccolo fused in such a fashion that they used Kami as the base (instead of Piccolo, which ended up being the case for various obvious reasons), would the Dragonballs have become uberpowerful?
No, the power of the Dragonballs are set when they are created. If Kami (after absorbing Piccolo) recreated the Dragonballs, then he could increase their power.

Mystic Jack
Regular

Post by Mystic Jack » Thu Apr 19, 2007 6:15 am

Actually that's an interesting idea... if Kami had absorbed Piccolo, would the dragon ball's still have existed with Kami still being god? You guys have me thinking now.
Singer, actor, chiropractor!

gohanku
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by gohanku » Thu Apr 19, 2007 7:09 am

Dayspring wrote:
Warrior types can't use healing techniques or manage Dragonballs. So pretty much warrior castes are best for fighting and using ki destructively (for lack of a better word), whereas magic types are best for healing and using ki repairingly.

EDIT:
Day...Dayspring??!!? Oh my goodness, have you really return, I was kidding when I said that you might be coming back but you really did! Anyway, if Kami did absorbed Piccolo, he will be stronger but not in good enough shape to fight the androids.
[quote="SSj Kaboom talking about Future Gohan in BT3"]I feel sorry for Future Gohan.

Everyone's like, "What?! What are you doing with [b][i]two[/i][/b] arms?! You tear that off right now, mister!"

Poor guy.[/quote]
Lol'ed.

Iyouboushi
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Iyouboushi » Thu Apr 19, 2007 1:26 pm

Mystic Jack wrote:Actually that's an interesting idea... if Kami had absorbed Piccolo, would the dragon ball's still have existed with Kami still being god? You guys have me thinking now.
I don't think the DBs would have stuck around. The reason being, it wouldn't be Kami anymore. Just like it wasn't really Piccolo anymore. It was a combination of the two--the return back to the original Namek (with the Piccolo side being more dominant). If Kami was the base, it'd be back to the original Namek before he casted out Piccolo to begin with. And wasn't it stated that he had to get rid of the evil half in order to make the DBs?
"Words! I need more words! My grasp of the language is not sufficient to describe the violent-wretching nausia your singing is causing me to experience!"
[url=http://iyou.cyberbotx.com]My Website[/url] :: [url=http://iyouboushi.netfirms.com/rk/kenshinfaq.html]The Ultimate RK FAQ[/url]

Super Sonic
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Super Sonic » Thu Apr 19, 2007 1:31 pm

Iyouboushi wrote:
Mystic Jack wrote:Actually that's an interesting idea... if Kami had absorbed Piccolo, would the dragon ball's still have existed with Kami still being god? You guys have me thinking now.
I don't think the DBs would have stuck around. The reason being, it wouldn't be Kami anymore. Just like it wasn't really Piccolo anymore. It was a combination of the two--the return back to the original Namek (with the Piccolo side being more dominant). If Kami was the base, it'd be back to the original Namek before he casted out Piccolo to begin with. And wasn't it stated that he had to get rid of the evil half in order to make the DBs?
It was more to become the new Kami. The previous Kami wouldn't make him his successor if he didn't.

Conan the SSJ
I Live Here

Post by Conan the SSJ » Thu Apr 19, 2007 1:37 pm

Iyouboushi wrote:I don't think the DBs would have stuck around. The reason being, it wouldn't be Kami anymore. Just like it wasn't really Piccolo anymore. It was a combination of the two--the return back to the original Namek (with the Piccolo side being more dominant). If Kami was the base, it'd be back to the original Namek before he casted out Piccolo to begin with. And wasn't it stated that he had to get rid of the evil half in order to make the DBs?
Not necessarily, it seems he only cast away his evil half because it was required to ascend to the throne. Going by anime-logic, Kami's predecessor chose him over Garlic Sr., but still had reservations when examining his spirit. He then allowed the unknown Namekian to remain on the palace to undergo self-imposed training in ridding himself of the evil within. However, just because he wasn't Kami yet didn't mean he couldn't create a set of Dragonballs, as seen with the Black-Star balls. Through the magic of many different versions of flashbacks depicting the Namekian casting off, literally, his other world (as Piccolo means "Another world" in Namekian), the separation caused the Black-Star balls to become ordinary stone (though Kami would still make sure to keep them hidden) and he now created a much more stable set of Dragonballs as his predecessor passed on and he moved on to becoming the Kami over Earth.

Of course, that's using various facts from the anime and much of its "filler". So do with that info what you will.
14 years later

SSJ_Vegetto

Post by SSJ_Vegetto » Fri Apr 27, 2007 2:17 pm

I think only cool namekians can fusion. Just joking, I believe all Nameks can fusion. 8)

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Fri Apr 27, 2007 4:08 pm

desirecampbell wrote:
Dayspring wrote:EDIT:
No, the power of the Dragonballs are set when they are created. If Kami (after absorbing Piccolo) recreated the Dragonballs, then he could increase their power.
When does it explain that? Dende was able to increase the strength of the Earth DBs between Cell and Buu (2 wishes when he made them, 3 in the Buu saga). Muri also enhanced the strength of the Namek DBs after they went to New Namek.

According to the technique list in the daizenshuu, any Namekkian can use fusion, but only once as it's permanent. Yes, I know Piccolo and Kami used it twice, but note that after each fusion, Piccolo became someone new. The same holds for Kami, as his first fusion was technically used by "The Son of Katats" (using de-fusion).

gohanku: Dude, I'm not a god. :P
...I'm the god. 8)
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.

mAcChaos
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mAcChaos » Fri Apr 27, 2007 4:27 pm

The Piccolo that was formed after Kami and Piccolo refused couldn't have been the older one, anyway, even if Kami was the base. Nail being in there messes it up.
[i]"I have yet to show you, young warrior, what I'm truly capable of."[/i] - Cell