Episode #0083 (24 June 2007)

We cover anything and everything Dragon Ball in hopes of enlightening... and a little bit of entertaining. Hosted every week by the Kanzenshuu staff and regular special guests from the professional and fandom communities. Your first, best, last, and only Dragon Ball podcast!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Episode #0083 (24 June 2007)

Post by VegettoEX » Sun Jun 24, 2007 9:38 am

Episode #0083 (download MP3)
38:18; 64 kbps, mono; 17.5 MB

Episode #0083! VegettoEX, Meri, and Julian check up on their 2007 predictions from back at the end of 2006. How have we fared thus far? Otakon and AnimeNEXT big announcements, video game news, Viz news, June's releases, and your e-mails round out the episode. Referenced sites: Go ahead and grab it. Big thanks to godofchaos for hosting the splendid *eighty-three* episodes, now.

We're busting out all the plans, starting this episode! Learn all about what we'll be doing at Otakon and AnimeNEXT! In addition to that, we check in with those 2007 predictions... I'd say I'm doing about 50/50 with them, so far. Good stuff.

w0rd.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

DaemonCorps
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by DaemonCorps » Sun Jun 24, 2007 12:54 pm

Good to know that (most) of your guys' predictions have come true. It was kinda an average episode, but entertaining nonetheless. While I'm pleased that the ani-manga has stopped, I have a feeling that it'll come out of the corner to jump us when we're looking the other way. As for the video games, I dunno if we'll be getting as much as last year, but that doesn't mean we're in serious lack of DBZ video games by far this year.

(Meri's mentioning of "Good Eats" just reminded me of the show "Good Eats." Though sadly, I'm pretty sure most of the recipes on the show don't rely on the George Foreman grill.)
10-30 minutes have most likely passed between my clicking to comment and actually posting. Curse my habit of thinking how to word my posts for too long!
YouTube Essays | twitter | webcomic | instantaneous movement grams

Dasamurai

Post by Dasamurai » Sun Jun 24, 2007 2:00 pm

I can definitely scan that sketch in, I'd be more than happy to share it with everyone (my girlfriend's currently got ahold of it, I'll see what I can do here in the next couple days).

He signed it really big on the left side with TRUNKS in English next to his name. As soon as I showed him the sketch he jumped out of his chair a bit and shouted "TRUNKSU!" before sitting back down, and excitedly signing my sketch. The picture itself is of a Super Saiya-jin Trunks powering up right in the middle of the page, so it's cool stuff.

I also got to see Kikuko Inoue twice, because my girlfriend's a HUGE Ah! Megami-sama production cel collector from the movie and HAD to get a bunch of stuff signed. Kikuko sounds like Belldandy all the time. All. The. Time.

I'm looking forward to your panel! (I may or may not be cosplaying as Derek Stiles from "Trauma Center: Under the Knife", depending on the day.)
XBL GamerTag: SuperDunnMan

Jump Ultimate Stars FC: 2406 1924 1973

fps_anth
Advanced Regular

Post by fps_anth » Mon Jun 25, 2007 1:13 pm

Hmm, by the sound of it, you guys are making an AMV with "What's up, people?" as the song. That would be awesome.

Also, the podcast being recorded at Anime Next sounds great. Someone has to sing Romatikku Ageru Yo or Zenkai Powa. With enthusiasm :P

Drabaz
Advanced Regular

Post by Drabaz » Mon Jun 25, 2007 9:22 pm

Great episode!

Hearing everybody talking about the conventions realy makes me want to go. Especially after finding out that the voice actress who played Yakumo in School Rumble will be there. God I love that show. And also Vic Mignogna who was in the only dubbed anime I actualy loved. And of course the wonderful Mike & Meri. :wink:

Good job on the predictions. I myself don't see another Superstars game coming out soon or at all. What would they call it? "Jump Awsome Stars"? Maybe "Jump Mega Stars".....hmm, maybe..... For some reason I can't picture a DBZ game on the PS3 yet. I keep thinking that future DBZ games will always remain on the PS2. I just don't see the video game programers using the PS3's full potential on a DBZ game.
My Dragon Ball AMV's:
Pain into Power - Gohan Tribute - Best Character Profile at AnimeNext
The Dragon Ball Life - Original DB only AMV - Coordinators Choice at Anime Conji
When I See You Again [NEW!!!] - Goku & Krillin AMV - Best Drama at Otakon

MisterFlashdude
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MisterFlashdude » Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:34 am

The only DBZ game that's genuinely kept me curious and interested is coincidentally the only one you didn't mention. :) By the end of '07, I'm hoping to see a lot more details and maybe a few beta videos for Dragonball Online.

tinlunlau
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by tinlunlau » Tue Jun 26, 2007 9:45 am

So, Mr. Labrie, what are the next winning numbers for the Lotto 649?
The world is your's.

SaiyaJedi

Post by SaiyaJedi » Tue Jun 26, 2007 11:03 am

tinlunlau wrote:So, Mr. Labrie, what are the next winning numbers for the Lotto 649?
I think that's a question to ask of his Canadian counterpart, Mike LeBleu. :P
Co-translator, Man-in-Japan, and Julian #1 at Kanzenshuu
最近、あんまし投稿してないねんけど、見てんで。いっつも見てる。

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Tue Jun 26, 2007 2:45 pm

SaiyaJedi wrote:
tinlunlau wrote:So, Mr. Labrie, what are the next winning numbers for the Lotto 649?
Uh... isn't "Labrie" already French? :P
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.

SaiyaJedi

Post by SaiyaJedi » Wed Jun 27, 2007 6:09 pm

Dayspring wrote:
SaiyaJedi wrote:
Uh... isn't "Labrie" already French? :P
Yeah, but Mike doesn't live in Canada. Hell, I only know what Lotto 649 is because I watch Hockey Night in Canada on a regular basis.

desirecampbell

Post by desirecampbell » Wed Jun 27, 2007 11:05 pm

SaiyaJedi wrote:Yeah, but Mike doesn't live in Canada. Hell, I only know what Lotto 649 is because I watch Hockey Night in Canada on a regular basis.
You mean Don Cherry isn't a legally mandated in the US? :P

tinlunlau
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by tinlunlau » Thu Jun 28, 2007 6:51 pm

Uh....
So yeah...adding on to Meri's suggestion for future Dragon Ball Z games, Bandai should consider a Lego DBZ game. Now that would be a really good twist to DBZ gaming!
The world is your's.

Sebastian (SB)
Advanced Regular

Post by Sebastian (SB) » Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:39 pm

Prizes? At NEXT? Sounds good. Though it'll be a little embarassing competing with some random kid over a DBZ prize. Let's just hope that doesn't happen.
XBL Gamertag: Dragon Piece
Send me a message letting me know who you are
[quote="penguintruth"]In the case of the Mountain Dew, the DBZ dub is like drinking Mountain Dew and thinking, "I sure do love Coca Cola!"[/quote]

desirecampbell

Post by desirecampbell » Fri Jun 29, 2007 1:01 am

Sebastian (SB) wrote:Prizes? At NEXT? Sounds good. Though it'll be a little embarassing competing with some random kid over a DBZ prize.
Let's just hope that doesn't happen.

mysteriousdbzgt
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by mysteriousdbzgt » Fri Jun 29, 2007 4:36 am

Great podcast. The convention sounds like it's going to be good. Too bad, i won't be going. :(
Just another Dragon Ball fangirl in the world.

DB & Tiger and Bunny are my main fandoms, along with many other animes.

Deviantart Profile/ Tiger & Bunnyftw tumblr/ mysteriousdbzgt tumblr / My Anime List Profile

SaiyaJedi

Post by SaiyaJedi » Sun Jul 01, 2007 9:47 am

desirecampbell wrote:
SaiyaJedi wrote:Yeah, but Mike doesn't live in Canada. Hell, I only know what Lotto 649 is because I watch Hockey Night in Canada on a regular basis.
You mean Don Cherry isn't a legally mandated in the US? :P
What, with the loud suits and the occasional inflammatory remark? Here, we get our daily dose of nuts straight from the federal government.

Dasamurai

Post by Dasamurai » Sun Jul 01, 2007 5:02 pm

Here be the scan of my sketch:

http://stargazersdelight.rubberslug.com ... 3156&Pass=

Apologies for taking so long, my printer/scanner has been out of whack for like a week.

Keep up the good work with the podcast!
XBL GamerTag: SuperDunnMan

Jump Ultimate Stars FC: 2406 1924 1973