DragonBall Z: The Room 29 Productions Dub

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Conan the SSJ
I Live Here

Post by Conan the SSJ » Mon Aug 20, 2007 10:03 am

Steven Perry wrote:Oh shit, I totally forgot! Are these going to be all the extras? Tell me! :shock:
Well, Kaboom and I also talked of a "Behind the Scenes Interview" type thing where webcam comments are edited from us VAs and editing crew answering questions, saying what we think of the project, and whatnot else. Every good DVD needs one of those, yessum? Also, "text blurbs" on the project that everything else might not've covered.
14 years later

Steven Perry
Advanced Regular

Post by Steven Perry » Mon Aug 20, 2007 10:12 am

Conan the SSJ wrote:
Steven Perry wrote:Oh shit, I totally forgot! Are these going to be all the extras? Tell me! :shock:
Well, Kaboom and I also talked of a "Behind the Scenes Interview" type thing where webcam comments are edited from us VAs and editing crew answering questions, saying what we think of the project, and whatnot else. Every good DVD needs one of those, yessum?
In the future, could you please discuss this sort of stuff in the main thread? I had no idea about this... and it's a good one! :D Alright... I'm doing some stuff with the cover right now...

EDIT:

Here it is. The preview of the final version of the cover:

Jwimz, Tenken, and Future Trunks failed to give their names, so their 'handles' are only listed in the credits. All that needs to be done now is a disclaimer, which Kaboom will give me soon. Then you can get the proper version- which someone from this forum's gotta host (it's a little inconvenient when you have to wait 70 seconds on those file sharing websites). Or else.

And also, who's going to print out the DVD cover and DVD disk artwork (which I'm creating now), burn the files to DVD, and put everything in a case and distribute them? :? The printer has to be something like... those laser ones, because an ink jet printer will not allow the text on the back to be visible; it will be a blob. :P
XBL: CallyMan90 | YouTube | DeviantART

~ LAST SURVIVING MEMBER OF ROOM 29 ~

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Mon Aug 20, 2007 1:10 pm

*Creeps out of hiding*

...Is it safe to come out...?

Oh, good. Glad to see everyone's okay with the choice. Wonder if Kirb has caught wind of it yet...

(Pssst... Desire, if we ever do 5,6, or 12, we want you as Cooler/Freeza...)

In response to Kino about the KEVRG: Well, the guide's primary purpose was for placement and lip-flap matching, which I guess anyone could use their copy of the movie for just as easily. But we're putting it together for those who don't have a copy, really. Acid's working out a neat little system where, rather than putting up the entire movie for everyone to have to work through to find their lines, the thing will be divided and distributed in chunks by specific character or groups of characters. (so, there'll be like, a Bulma pack, a "Tullece Henchmen" pack, a Kuririn pack, etc..).

Hmmm... seems the process of getting names for posters and such has gotten just about everyone to show themselves. I know Tenken is still around (talked to him recently), but I really have to track down Jwimz and Future Trunks, and make sure they're still in (neither of them got banned or anything, did they?).

As for special features... yeah, the ones Conan suggested to me do sound good, but... let's try to worry about just getting the actual movie done for now, 'kay? In that vein, don't go super-finalizing the DVD cover yet, as things may still be subject to change.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

Steven Perry
Advanced Regular

Post by Steven Perry » Mon Aug 20, 2007 1:29 pm

Hey, why don't we do all 13 movies? I mean, it won't take long.

Only 13 years. :P

Eclipse
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Eclipse » Mon Aug 20, 2007 2:35 pm

Steven Perry wrote:Hey, why don't we do all 13 movies? I mean, it won't take long.

Only 13 years. :P
If we're gonna do any other movies, we should discuss that AFTER we finish this one. We don't want to get sidetracked again..

Which reminds me. Steve, did you make them signatures yet? It'd be real cool advertising....and I think we might also need a website of some sort to advertise as well...

Magica
Regular

Post by Magica » Mon Aug 20, 2007 5:54 pm

Besides the other 12 movies, I want to see Plan to Eradicate/Destroy the Saiyajins fandubbed. Make that your next project if possible.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Mon Aug 20, 2007 9:37 pm

Conan the SSJ wrote: Also, Chuquita, I hope you don't feel offended or anything that I don't regularly refer to ya' as "Lauren". I'm just so used to calling you "Chuquita" (what can I say, I love that name) that it's hard to shift. ^^;;

I don't mind at all. I'm way more used to being called by my username than my real one online. :3
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Bardock the Mexican
Regular

Post by Bardock the Mexican » Mon Aug 20, 2007 10:47 pm

Is there a deadline with this? I mean, I have done up to Scene 9 and it has only been two days. I say this because I want to know if I am doing well on my pace or if I should speed it up. Another thing is that for reasons of linguistic and cultural differences between the culture of Latin America and that of Asia things were changed. I know I sound like a Funimation (or God help us, 4Kids) executive when I say that. I assure you it was nothing more extreme than calling curry beans and rice for example. Why beans and rice? It is a dish that is associated with a famous play from the Spanish culture. The are called Los Moros y Los Cristianos (the Moors and the Christians) which like I said is from a famous Spanish play. Don't worry though, I have remained faithful to the original script as much as I can. I believe the translations themselves to be as good as they can possibly be. I have ommited sound effect words like ¨huh¨ and other sound effect grunt words. I have not included the cues for the actors or the notes other than pure dialouge. Whovever edits this may need to have the script on hand to have it make sense even though I have included some spaces where scenes switch. This is absolutely boring and feels like climbing a mountain. With luck señores y señoras, I will have it all done.
Ejercito Zapatista de Liberacion Nacional: Es nuestra palabra sencilla...

KinoFourpaws
Regular

Post by KinoFourpaws » Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:29 am

Well, your pacing so far seems okay to me (I mean, hell, you're doing LOADS better than I did @_@; ), though it's really up to Kaboom to decide if he wants you to pick up the pace a bit. From the sound of it, it seems like you'll be done in about a week if you keep working at this rate. o.o I totally understand your omission of the sound effect words (are you still keeping mention of the rest of the sound effects, though?); those were really for the actors to utilize, so I don't think anybody watching the finished product would be interested in seeing stuff like "Hwaugh!" on their screens. :lol:

Best of luck in finishing your translation. Take enough time to make sure you get everything (obviously don't take forever, but yeah, I don't think you'll be having a problem with that); I know you'll be wanting to make sure you do a good job with it. If I knew Spanish well enough to read it fluently, I'd be willing to help with proofreading it when you get it done, but unfortunately I don't... (Thank God Chu does. LOL.)

In other news... Steven, I'm taking another look at the track I was thinking you could use for the movie. Since you described your process for picking tracks, I figured it'd be worth it to take a closer look to make sure that what I had in mind could fit your criteria. @.@ I'll send you the MP3 (and any others I can find that might work) in a few days so you can have a listen and see if it'll ultimately work with what you're doing. ^^;

Also... if it seems that I've disappeared from the forum for more than a few days and you guys need me for something, just send me a note or email or leave me a poke on YIM; I'll be sure to catch it. I'm getting back into the flow of college life so it looks like I'll be a bit busy for a week or two. (Don't worry, I'll still have some voice samples for you this week, Kaboom...)
Art, etc. links taken down for now. Will be updated at some point. I dunno.

I NEED A NEW SIGNATURE D:

Steam handle: KinoFourpaws. Want to shoot up some zambees?

Acid_Reign
Advanced Regular

Post by Acid_Reign » Tue Aug 21, 2007 2:22 am

Gah, posted right before a forum malfunction; my post was lost in the rollback. Allow me to summarize...

Basically, I don't see the need to change anything in the script. Now, I don't know what the intent was in deciding to include Spanish subs, but why would they cater to Latin Americans only? And who's to say that Latin Americans would only be familiar with their native culture, and no other? Even if they were, how difficult would it be to look up the words a viewer don't know? We're not exactly marketing this to a nation of children like the big dubbing companies are.

I don't say this to belittle Bardock's much-appreciated effort, I'm just a little touchy when it comes to content-changes, which seem to be popping up quite a lot around here for some bizarre reason. I don't understand it.. and coming from DaizEX, no less.

KinoFourpaws
Regular

Post by KinoFourpaws » Tue Aug 21, 2007 3:11 am

Acid_Reign wrote:Basically, I don't see the need to change anything in the script.
Wait... is this in response to me saying that Bardock made a reasonable move in omitting character sound effects from the script, or to his making changes to the script in general (like the "curry" to "beans and rice" change), or both?

I'm a bit confused... o_@;

Steven Perry
Advanced Regular

Post by Steven Perry » Tue Aug 21, 2007 3:24 am

KinoFourpaws wrote:
Acid_Reign wrote:Basically, I don't see the need to change anything in the script.
Wait... is this in response to me saying that Bardock made a reasonable move in omitting character sound effects from the script, or to his making changes to the script in general (like the "curry" to "beans and rice" change), or both?

I'm a bit confused... o_@;
He's talking about the curry thing. :P Yeah, and I also see no reason for the change.

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Tue Aug 21, 2007 9:38 am

Pacing: Oh, hell, no. In fact, slow down a bit! You're putting the rest of us to shame!

Cultural Changes: Hmm? Just changing food names and such to something more recognizable to the intended audience? Uh... I don't see the need either, but I guess you can if you really want, but only for really minor things like that. Gohan listing a bunch of the random crap Chi-Chi made him pack doesn't affect the outcome or flow of the story in any way whatsoever, so I don't think it'll matter.
deviantART
[thread]

Bardock the Mexican
Regular

Post by Bardock the Mexican » Tue Aug 21, 2007 10:55 pm

I realized having looked over the issue that no changes needed to be made at all, since I just found thousands of hits for curry on Spanish Google. I will change it back to just the simple ¨currí¨ as intended by the original author as it it still possible to do so. I will try to stick with the script without serious alterations. See señores y señoras? I can be reasonable when I'm not altering the main flow of the story with silly things like ¨cultural changes¨.
Ejercito Zapatista de Liberacion Nacional: Es nuestra palabra sencilla...

Steven Perry
Advanced Regular

Post by Steven Perry » Wed Aug 22, 2007 4:27 pm

What's the status on the KEVRG? Let's get this project moving.

NOW.

I'm going to get in touch with the voice actors and say, 'Get your lazy fat asses to work on the Room 29 dub, or else! :twisted: '.

And also, I've made an inner cover for the DVD. Assuming of course, we will have transparent DVD cases. Will someone please tell me who's burning the files to DVD and distributing them? I've been blanked so far. :cry:

desirecampbell

Post by desirecampbell » Wed Aug 22, 2007 4:30 pm

Cross that bridge when we come to it. Worry about getting the dub done, first.

KinoFourpaws
Regular

Post by KinoFourpaws » Thu Aug 23, 2007 10:26 pm

Hrm... I note no one's posted a reply to this thread in a few days. Thas' not good. Let's keep this thing alive, please? :<

Well, since Jwimz, Future Trunks, and now Kirbopher seem to have disappeared from the project for now, I figure someone needs to contact them... I'll go poke them and see if they're still alive and what's up. The only one I'm really worried about getting in contact with is Jwimz, since he never provided his email or his I'm names... so I have to hope that he at least checks his PMs on occasion. *disgruntled* :| I'll post here and let you know if they reply back to me.

I think the big thing at the moment that's keeping us from recording (besides the KEVRG for those of us who don't already have the movie to work with) is actually getting everyone together to start recording. I note none of us actors have actually posted anything as far as samples go... :/ I'll be sure to fix that soon with my own.

So yeah. At this point... I'm calling you all out. >8|

VOICE ACTORS: KABOOM HAS ASKED THAT YOU SUPPLY US DOING THE VOICE DIRECTING WITH SAMPLES OF YOU ACTING SOME OF THE LINES. EITHER PM THEM OR EMAIL THEM TO KABOOM AND I (or if there's Rick or another third person helping with this too, then to them as well [clarify, plz? :< ]) OR POST THEM ON THE THREAD HERE, PLEASE. IF YOU DON'T GIVE US WHAT YOU CAN DO WITH YOUR VOICES NOW, WE WON'T HAVE ANYTHING TO WORK WITH EXCEPT YOUR INITIAL AUDITIONS. I know some of you guys have been working on your voices and your acting, so I'd think it'd only be fair if we direct you based on what you can do now as opposed to what you could do then. Right? o-o

This is about the most important thing right now. No voice work = no fandub. At all. If you need Kaboom or me to be logged onto any of the various I'm programs so you can send us your stuff (even if we're away, busy, or whatnot), contact us and let us know so we can accommodate. I'm almost positive you all (barring the likes of Jwimz, etc.) have the final script by now, so hopefully some of you have something to show us at this point in time (even if it's not what you consider your best).

Now, I know I'm asking for quite a bit, especially since a lot of people are really busy getting ready to head back to school. That's understandable; if you're filled up work-wise with that issue and need more time than you've got to get your stuff in, that's okay. At the moment, I'd just like to know that you're all alive and still working on the project when you have the chance. If it's possible, please try to get your stuff in soon; if it doesn't look like you have any time to do so at the moment, just tell us so, and let us know when you might anticipate some free time. Obviously school comes first, so let's just try to keep things going here when we can...

We probably could've avoided this mess altogether had I'd just finished the script on-time... @__@;

A few other things...

Kaboom/Maker777: have you guys communicated with each other about the Kaio samples by now?

Steven: Music suggestion is pending; sorry for the wait. @_@; I currently don't know who'll be burning or distributing the DVDs for the finished product; I suppose (hope) that somebody among us who's got the know-how and the materials will step up to volunteer by the time we get to worrying about that. Also, since you and Desiré/various others (I think?) have been doing work on posters and such, I was wondering if you might want to use this as a possible poster design idea. I kinda drew it out when you were asking Kaboom for an Oozaru for your other poster... :oops: If you decide you want to do something with it, let me know and I'll send you a bigger copy to work with (and if you think it important, colored as well). Just trying to contribute something to this project with this post other than keeping it from going kaput... >_>;

I'll be working on something for someone tonight after I send those messages to our AWOL actors, but I'll be on YIM and later on AIM if you want to contact me concerning anything. (It'll only say that I'm offline. :P )
Last edited by KinoFourpaws on Thu Aug 23, 2007 10:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Thu Aug 23, 2007 10:43 pm

I should be able to send a few samples either tomorrow or saturday. :3
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

KinoFourpaws
Regular

Post by KinoFourpaws » Thu Aug 23, 2007 10:50 pm

Chuquita wrote:I should be able to send a few samples either tomorrow or saturday. :3
That is great. Thank you. @_@

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Fri Aug 24, 2007 12:07 am

Yeah, I'm sorry for not posting or keeping up with things as much as I should; it's been a busy last few days. I should be able to get some more delegatin' done tomorrow. Yeah, Kino, would you please try to get a hold of jwimz and Future_Trunks? I'm not even sure where they've gone off to. Hopefully you've got their e-mail addresses or something...
deviantART
[thread]