Babidi's mind control?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Phenomenol
Banned

Babidi's mind control?

Post by Phenomenol » Tue Aug 28, 2007 3:41 pm

Babidi has the ability to control people who don't have a pure heart?

To what extent does this mean?

A little evil in your heart Babidi can control someone like Vegeta?
"Wisdom is the principle thing; Therefore get wisdom. And in all your getting, get understanding."

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Tue Aug 28, 2007 3:49 pm

Babidi couldn't control Vegeta, though.

Terra-jin
Regular

Post by Terra-jin » Tue Aug 28, 2007 3:51 pm

I'd guess the more evil in your heart, the more easily you will succumb to Babidi's magic. Babidi himself said that the more Dabra focuses his evil spirit, the easier is was for Babidi to manipulate him.

Vegeta was not very evil anymore, so he could at least fight Babidi's magic for a while. The fact that he was only partially enslaved was due to a different thing altogether: his towering pride simply wouldn't allow even Babidi to order him around.

In Majin Buu's case it was different yet; he was so extremely evil that it was "too much" for Babidi to control. You have to agree that Fat Buu was at least partially evil - but he was never truly controlled by Babidi. He just obeyed him because Babidi could seal him back up.

People like Freeza would be converted in a snap; Cell may be a bit more difficult since he too is very proud and dr. Gero would also make an easy target for Babidi.

Godo
I Live Here

Post by Godo » Tue Aug 28, 2007 5:14 pm

Terra-jin wrote:I'd guess the more evil in your heart, the more easily you will succumb to Babidi's magic. Babidi himself said that the more Dabra focuses his evil spirit, the easier is was for Babidi to manipulate him.
Yeah, when Dabra fought Buu, Babidi seemed unable to control him. He didn't want Buu to get harmed but still Dabra fought him.
I guess there is a little bit of good in everyone.

caejones
I Live Here

Post by caejones » Tue Aug 28, 2007 6:04 pm

Maybe itmoe of a connectiony thing? Not (to us Potter Lingo) imperio, but more like... the Jedi Mind trick, with a greofficidnding on character what's are active?
Dr Gero, in Budokai 2 wrote:Go, my Saiba Rangers!
Akira Toriyama, in Son Goku Densetsu wrote:You really can’t go by rumors (laughs).

Phenomenol
Banned

Post by Phenomenol » Tue Aug 28, 2007 6:07 pm

Babidi being able to control Dabura (who was a s strong as Cell) is a good feat of magic.

I really don't think Babidi ever lost control of his minions?

Babidi IIRC also had shields and the ability to teleport right?
"Wisdom is the principle thing; Therefore get wisdom. And in all your getting, get understanding."

SatoSky
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SatoSky » Tue Aug 28, 2007 6:17 pm

Phenomenol wrote:Babidi being able to control Dabura (who was a s strong as Cell) is a good feat of magic.
Where did you get that from? I'm not trying to start off another pointless conversation within this thread, but how did you come up with that?

Phenomenol
Banned

Post by Phenomenol » Tue Aug 28, 2007 6:22 pm

SatoSky wrote:
Phenomenol wrote:Babidi being able to control Dabura (who was a s strong as Cell) is a good feat of magic.
Where did you get that from? I'm not trying to start off another pointless conversation within this thread, but how did you come up with that?
Goku made the claim that Dabura is as strong as Cell.

SatoSky
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SatoSky » Tue Aug 28, 2007 6:34 pm

Really? Was it in the Japanese or the dub?

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Tue Aug 28, 2007 6:37 pm

SatoSky wrote:Really? Was it in the Japanese or the dub?
Manga.

desirecampbell

Post by desirecampbell » Tue Aug 28, 2007 6:48 pm

Rocketman wrote:
SatoSky wrote:Really? Was it in the Japanese or the dub?
Manga.
Though he could be talking about Perfect Cell, and not 'Super' Perfect Cell.

Either way, really strong.

SatoSky
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SatoSky » Tue Aug 28, 2007 7:19 pm

Wow. You learn something new everyday. :P

Godo
I Live Here

Post by Godo » Wed Aug 29, 2007 7:04 am

BUT, power has nothing to do with mind. Babidi can't take over people completely, whom have strong psyche, like Vegeta.

His power is mind controlling (plus releasing latent power, like Saichoro).
It would be harder for him to control Piccolo (the old one) than Freeza.
Piccolo's psyche was stronger, he never got really afraid and I think he mostly stayed calm during his fight with Goku, whereas Freeza pissed his pants several times.

testing223
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by testing223 » Fri Aug 31, 2007 5:59 am

Was it ever said why Babidi couldn't control Buu's mind? Or just assumed? I'm guessing Toriyama didn't really have it down to an exact science since it was just a plot element to get Vegeta to fight Goku (which I assume the fans were demanding).

In fact a lot of the Buu saga seems to be a bunch of random events created just to please the fan demand of the time.

Furu
Beyond Newbie

Post by Furu » Fri Aug 31, 2007 6:04 am

Maybe Fat Buu's inherent goofy innocent nature kept Babidi from controlling him.
Hey, I entirely forgot I had an account here. AGAIN.

Godo
I Live Here

Post by Godo » Fri Aug 31, 2007 7:41 am

I think that both Piccolo and Dabra mentioned that eventually Buu would get out of Babidi's control.
Remember, Babidi had no real control, he only threatened to seal Buu and had that as his controlling device.
Buu was from the beginning uncontrollable. Eventually he would backstab his master and kill him, regaining control.

ROGAINE