Daizenshuu Cardass worth the money?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Son Wukong
Regular

Daizenshuu Cardass worth the money?

Post by Son Wukong » Mon Dec 17, 2007 12:44 pm

Hey guys,

since I won the daizenshuu 2 I went to search for the other 9 dauzenshuu books. Although I can't read read Japanese (yet) the daizenshuu 2 kept me busy and I had a lot of fun looking into it. And now I have found a place where I can buy the remaining nine. But I'm hesitating on buying the two daizenshuu cardass books. For you see, I can barely force myself to even watch Yu Yu Hakusho, so you know how I think about the whole cardgaming hype. So I would want to skip over the two cardass books but I'm afraid I would turn into an incomplete Cell....you know like never being able to rest when you know that your daizenshuu set isn't COMPLETE (damn, I wish I could just hate that word). So I'm asking the guys that own the cardass books for help. Does the cardass have anything else interesting in it except pics and info about cards that would be worth the money (that is 11 dollars)?

Thanks in advance.

desirecampbell

Post by desirecampbell » Mon Dec 17, 2007 5:48 pm

For eleven bucks? Shit, I'd pick 'em up for that.

They're probably useless and boring if, like me, you don't care about the card game - but for eleven bucks? I'd do it.

Son Wukong
Regular

Post by Son Wukong » Mon Dec 17, 2007 6:26 pm

Exactly dude, for such an unique product being 11 bucks is nothing. But With all due respect to other people, the whole cardgaming is so unbelievably boring. The only reason I'm considering buying these cardass books is beacause it's dragonball related.

Kula
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Kula » Tue Dec 18, 2007 7:12 am

Definitely pick them up if they're only $11. The cheapest I've seen them is for about $50 each.

Son Goku
Regular

Re: Daizenshuu Cardass worth the money?

Post by Son Goku » Tue Dec 18, 2007 1:18 pm

Son Wukong wrote: For you see, I can barely force myself to even watch Yu Yu Hakusho, so you know how I think about the whole cardgaming hype.
...What does Yu Yu Hakusho have ANYTHING to do with card games?

I think you mean Yu-Gi-Oh.
I also go by "veemonjosh".

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Tue Dec 18, 2007 1:25 pm

That's what I was thinking. Unless he hated the Yu Yu Hakusho card game so much it ruined his enjoyment of the series, which then - you're bein overly sensitive then man. :roll:

I'd pick it up. I don't have any Daizenshu, and if I saw even the card one (wether I could read it or not) I'd get it in a hurry for collection purposes if nothing else.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Son Wukong
Regular

Re: Daizenshuu Cardass worth the money?

Post by Son Wukong » Tue Dec 18, 2007 1:42 pm

Son Goku wrote:
Son Wukong wrote: For you see, I can barely force myself to even watch Yu Yu Hakusho, so you know how I think about the whole cardgaming hype.
...What does Yu Yu Hakusho have ANYTHING to do with card games?

I think you mean Yu-Gi-Oh.
''Banging head against a wall''
Yes, thank you for the correction.

*Sigh* what the heck, it seems that 11 bucks is a fair price for them so I think I'll take them.

shannarafan
Beyond Newbie

Post by shannarafan » Wed Dec 19, 2007 1:06 pm

I got mine (the first one) for all of $0.99. :o And I like it a lot. I have kind of a nerdy fascination with looking at DB cards, so it was definitely worth picking up.

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Wed Dec 19, 2007 1:39 pm

I would get them just for the sake of being a completist. Plus at least it will have a few nice piccies. XD
Jerseymilk: "Can I tell you something?"
B-kun: "What?"
Jerseymilk: "I see Fangirls."

Sun_Wukong
I Live Here

Post by Sun_Wukong » Wed Dec 19, 2007 4:59 pm

There's two Wukongs in this forum. OHHH NOES!!!!

Herms
Kanzenshuu Admin Emeritus

Post by Herms » Wed Dec 19, 2007 5:25 pm

Obviously, the two of you must now fight to the death.

Oh yeah, the topic: I'd say that the Cardass Daizenshuu are definitaly worth getting if only for the pretty pictures, which Tanuki Kuribo and others have posted samples of in the past. I've heard that there are some actual non-Cardass bits of information in them as well, like a guide to where the anime and manga storylines were in relation to each other (that is, stuff like "when episode x aired, chapter y had just been published").

If you find anything that looks cool, scan it and post it here. We've got a few people who would be happy to translate it for you.

Son Wukong
Regular

Post by Son Wukong » Wed Dec 19, 2007 7:35 pm

Sure I'd be glad to post some once it arrives. I don't have a scanner but I think a digital pic will do the trick.

Oh and Sun_Wukong.... I really didn't knew there was anybody else with Wukong in his/her name when I joined so please don't bare a grudge against me :)