Your Opinion of Pan In GT?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Lavender Saiyan
Regular

Post by Lavender Saiyan » Fri Feb 08, 2008 2:05 am

Nikkolas wrote:and it totally dies down in between Episode 20 and 30.
Which is the point where she becomes less of a main character. But then the bitchiness resurfaces once you get to the early Shadow Dragons fight.
[b]*Supporter of the Remastered Season Sets*[/b]
*Dodges rocks*

Nikkolas
Regular

Post by Nikkolas » Fri Feb 08, 2008 2:30 am

Can you tell me where?
Was it in the fight with the dragon who took her body and she was crying and ready to die to help Goku and the Earth?
Yeah...what a bitch.

Lavender Saiyan
Regular

Post by Lavender Saiyan » Fri Feb 08, 2008 2:48 am

Try forcing herself onto the adventure. Her entire attitude towards Goku during the fight with Oceanus.
*Dodges rocks*

Coola Yagami
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Coola Yagami » Fri Feb 08, 2008 3:14 am

well to be fair to the comparison to the other kids.. Pan was already entering a tournament at age 4.

But yeah, too spoiled and bratty. Gohan's too nice, but I think Videl woulda whupped that brat into shape. But then again.. GT Videl also seemed too nice... Being married to Gohan for so long musta mellowed her out...

Captain Awesome
Patreon Supporter

Post by Captain Awesome » Fri Feb 08, 2008 4:19 am

Nikkolas wrote:Can you tell me where?
Was it in the fight with the dragon who took her body and she was crying and ready to die to help Goku and the Earth?
Yeah...what a bitch.
Why did you even create this topic?, so every time someone expresses why they don't like Pan, you can tell them that they're wrong?

"I think Pan is an annoying brat"

"No, you're so wrong, she's just unique! and carefree!, she's the greatest ever!"

... :?

Nikkolas
Regular

Post by Nikkolas » Fri Feb 08, 2008 4:28 am

Sadly no.
I didn't even respond to half of the people in here, let alone all of them.
I respect people's opinions. The user who liked Kid Trunks singled out certain lines and I wanted to clarify some things with him about what I meant.
I was also curious about what instances Lavendar Saiyan was talking about in the Shadow Dragon arc.
I like having a healthy dialog in topics with each side saying what they feel.

Mr.Piccolo
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Mr.Piccolo » Fri Feb 08, 2008 10:44 am

I thought she was just created to make a more interesting main cast even though it failed for me...I was never a fan of her but I guess they were pushing for a new Chi-Chi for the series :? I really don't know how strong she is that doesn't matter in GT right?
[size=92][b][url=http://www.freewebs.com/rickistheboss/][RICKisBOSS][/url] | [/b] [color=green][b][Green Team][/color][/b] [b]|[/b] [b][url=http://db.schuby.org/daizex/viewtopic.php?t=4512][R29 DUB][/url][/b] [b]| [url=http://][DBRPG][/url][/b]
You can call me Rick because I'm not actually Piccolo.
I missed out on all of the DB Movie fun, huh?[quote]Point blank: it's gonna suck if you want it to. Personally, I'm seeing it as a comedy.[/quote][/size]

Neon Z
Advanced Regular

Post by Neon Z » Fri Feb 08, 2008 12:53 pm

She was a normal girl with a normal life
So... normal 4 year old girls fly around the world and practice martial arts?

She had a peaceful life, but in no way should it have suddenly become a "normal" like.

It's expected that someone's personality might change as one gets older, but GT Pan is nothing like the little that we saw of her Z self.

The changes are just too many and there's no reasonable explanation for them. She's hardly carefree or innocent like Goku was, or like her younger self was. She's adventurous, but also 'tries' to be smart and 'cool' all the time, unlike anyone else in her family (well, besides Mr. Satan, I suppose). In that sense, she's closer to Kid Trunks.

She's whiny. I suppose this is a common complaint, but she's even more than Bulma in soma occasions (like complaining about her powers in the first episode).

GT Pan also has a bit of kid Chichi's obsession with romantic relationships, shown by her disappointment in the first episode and her screaming about being unable to marry when that alien turned her into a doll and started to change her clothes.

In her introduction at the end of Z, Goku says that she flew through the whole world and is the one training most diligently out of his family. GT Pan shows no interest in training at all. Even her interest in food (like ice cream) was seemingly dropped.

Gohan changed through the series, but his core always remained the same, someone who had great potential, but didn't like fighting. GT Pan is nothing at all like her Z self and the only way she's related to her is the backstory.

I understand that you might appreciate her GT character, but it's still one completely different from the Z one, making almost everything about her like a 'flaw' to someone who disliked the (unexplained) change.

Bura
Advanced Regular

Post by Bura » Fri Feb 08, 2008 1:59 pm

I'm not a Pan fan myself, I always disliked her because she whined in every episode whatnot. I always thought that Bra had to go with Goku (and maybe someone other than Trunks) so she could be like Bulma was back in DragonBall.

Oh, and Pan was way too much K.O.

Sun_Wukong
I Live Here

Post by Sun_Wukong » Fri Feb 08, 2008 2:59 pm

I didnt mind her as a character.

I was deeply disturbed by the ammount of Trunks x Pan supporters.

Which is technically incest..

Victator Supreme
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Victator Supreme » Fri Feb 08, 2008 3:03 pm

Sun_Wukong wrote:I didnt mind her as a character.

How, they arent related.

desirecampbell

Post by desirecampbell » Fri Feb 08, 2008 3:14 pm

Victator Supreme wrote:
Sun_Wukong wrote:I didnt mind her as a character.
How, they arent related.
I think he means 'technically rape', as in 'statutory'. As Pan is ten years old, and Trunks is 23.

Lavender Saiyan
Regular

Post by Lavender Saiyan » Fri Feb 08, 2008 6:17 pm

Nikkolas wrote:I was also curious about what instances Lavendar Saiyan was talking about in the Shadow Dragon arc.
I said, how she fuses her self on the adventure and her entire attitude towards Goku before he saves her life.
*Dodges rocks*

Nikkolas
Regular

Post by Nikkolas » Fri Feb 08, 2008 6:35 pm

I know. I was just answering to that other poster why I responded to your post.

And her attitude towards Goku has always been she loves him. She wa s abit offput her grandfather, who she hadn't seen since she was a kid, was now a kid himself and I'm pretty sure her mini-resentment to this was because she had such fond and possibly idolized memories of GOku..and now she's seeing him as a kid shorter than her and taking his clothes off... bit bizarre.
In the ep you mentioned with the 6* Dragon, she is actually quite pleased that he compliments her on her first K-Wave.

EDIT:
I think the fundamental issue here is we all define her actions in different ways depending on our feelings... I feel her traits are perfectly reasonable and not over the top. Others feel they are unreasonable and overwhelming.
We saw and know the same things but we feel differently about them.
So, it all comes down to what you thought when you watched the show and nothing can change that. Even if someone wrote a 10,000 word essay on the topic.

EDIT 2:
Back to my original post and my second question, isn't there a quote in the Daizenshu on Pan and why she's not an SSJ? Does anyone have the exact quote if it does exist?