Episode #0126 (27 April 2007)

We cover anything and everything Dragon Ball in hopes of enlightening... and a little bit of entertaining. Hosted every week by the Kanzenshuu staff and regular special guests from the professional and fandom communities. Your first, best, last, and only Dragon Ball podcast!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Episode #0126 (27 April 2007)

Post by VegettoEX » Sun Apr 27, 2008 8:51 pm

Episode #0126 (download MP3)
45:35; 64 kbps, mono; 20.8 MB

Episode #0126! VegettoEX and Meri review the so-called "Chouzenshuu" set (actually the "Complete Song Collection Box"). 13 CDs, a couple hundred songs... how is it, and who is it for? Some great news about a possible new animation for DB, great e-mails, and our DVD set contest winner round out the episode. Referenced sites:
Last edited by VegettoEX on Sun Apr 27, 2008 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

desirecampbell

Post by desirecampbell » Sun Apr 27, 2008 8:56 pm

I've just realized that I may be too obsessed with the podcast. How many others try and grab the file from the server before it's announced?

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Sun Apr 27, 2008 8:57 pm

desirecampbell wrote:I've just realized that I may be too obsessed with the podcast. How many others try and grab the file from the server before it's announced?
We've banned people from the server for doing that :). It's usually pretty close between the time it's live and the time the feed is live... in this particular case, I didn't quite have the pages finished :P.

/me heads off to tear it up online in Mario Kart
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

El Diabeetus
I Live Here

Post by El Diabeetus » Sun Apr 27, 2008 8:57 pm

desirecampbell wrote:I've just realized that I may be too obsessed with the podcast. How many others try and grab the file from the server before it's announced?
I RSS feed it on my PSP. So, it pops up randomly. But, I always look forward to it now. Also, I'm listening to it on PSP too, right now.

DaemonCorps
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by DaemonCorps » Sun Apr 27, 2008 9:48 pm

The "Chouzenshuu" Review @ Daizenshuu EX link is just linking to the site's podcast page. If it weren't for you guys bringing up that it was in the Features section, I would've been missing out.

I'm still listening through the podcast, but just skimming through the feature on daizex, it looks pretty awesome... and I'm not even that big of a DB music fan.
10-30 minutes have most likely passed between my clicking to comment and actually posting. Curse my habit of thinking how to word my posts for too long!
YouTube Essays | twitter | webcomic | instantaneous movement grams

SSJ Helldog
Regular

Post by SSJ Helldog » Sun Apr 27, 2008 10:21 pm

Great show, but what's with "Steam" the movie? I searched the forums and googled it, but I still have no clue what is.

laserkid
Advanced Regular

Post by laserkid » Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:15 am

Great info on the Chozenshu CD set, though I think I might have to take the email reccomendation Mike gave (the Legend of Dragon World and the DBZ BGM sets over chozenshu since I just want the insert songs and BGMs, the image songs aren't really what I'd want).

Thanks for answering my DB DVD sets question, I didn't think there would be much more to know but just had to ask. It put a smile on my face hearing Meri's "I know Laserkid", so thanks, good to be remembered, and it made my day. ^_^
-Laserkid

caejones
I Live Here

Post by caejones » Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:40 am

... I think it's because I listened to this episode and then went through some posts right before going to bed, but I totally just had a dream involving the podcast. :shock:
But I don't remember what was being discussed or if it had anything to do with this episode. I know that Julian was back, but the recording apparently went for a long time and he couldn't stay for the whole thing, and around that point I... fell asleep or got distracted or media player broke or something, and I spent a while trying to find my place, then looked at the show notes and remembered where an emailer had sent Mike a bag of "hissing cobras" as a gift (since apparently Mike likes cool snakes). And ... apparently it was possible for one to reach into the bag over the internet (Huh?)...
From there it turned into a recap of the Shen Vs Piccolo fight in the next MRoA, and sailed way off topic when someone in the tournament audience turned out to be an agent of Mr. X from Streets of Rage and a big SoR2 style brawl broke out in the stands while people struggled not to interfere in the fight between Piccolo and apparently a character from an original series of mine... :?
... Well, that was fun.

In the waking world... this episode reminded me of my lack of e-money. ^_^... T_T... :P?
... I think an outdoors podcast would be totally awesome. ... (Hehehehe... wouldn't it be possible to have some people inside and some people outside? Just... wondering... ).
Dr Gero, in Budokai 2 wrote:Go, my Saiba Rangers!
Akira Toriyama, in Son Goku Densetsu wrote:You really can’t go by rumors (laughs).

Dogasu
Beyond Newbie

Post by Dogasu » Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:32 am

The best part of this episode, for me, was the CD recommendations. I've been wanting to pick up some of the music for a while now but haven't known which ones to pick up, so I'm grateful for the answer to the e-mail.

Also, the One Piece "jab" at the end made me :cry:

And FYI...the word "die" in German (pronounced "dee") is the plural form of the word "the." So the title of the Ani-Manga that you got from Germany translates to "The Saiya-Jin."
Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on June 9th, 2022

SSJ Helldog
Regular

Post by SSJ Helldog » Mon Apr 28, 2008 11:24 am

Dogasu wrote:And FYI...the word "die" in German (pronounced "dee") is the plural form of the word "the." So the title of the Ani-Manga that you got from Germany translates to "The Saiya-Jin."
Plural, in this case, but alternately feminine. If they were refering to a single Saiyan, it would probably read "Der Saiya-Jin." This is assuming that "Saiya-Jin" would be a masculine word. Not an easy assumption when the German word for "girl" is gender neutral.

... I'm going to shut up now. In any case, I'm available for German translations of any materials if necessary.

Saiyavenger2941
Advanced Regular

Post by Saiyavenger2941 » Mon Apr 28, 2008 1:41 pm

caejones wrote:... I think it's because I listened to this episode and then went through some posts right before going to bed, but I totally just had a dream involving the podcast. :shock:
But I don't remember what was being discussed or if it had anything to do with this episode. I know that Julian was back, but the recording apparently went for a long time and he couldn't stay for the whole thing, and around that point I... fell asleep or got distracted or media player broke or something, and I spent a while trying to find my place, then looked at the show notes and remembered where an emailer had sent Mike a bag of "hissing cobras" as a gift (since apparently Mike likes cool snakes). And ... apparently it was possible for one to reach into the bag over the internet (Huh?)...
From there it turned into a recap of the Shen Vs Piccolo fight in the next MRoA, and sailed way off topic when someone in the tournament audience turned out to be an agent of Mr. X from Streets of Rage and a big SoR2 style brawl broke out in the stands while people struggled not to interfere in the fight between Piccolo and apparently a character from an original series of mine... :?
... Well, that was fun.

In the waking world... this episode reminded me of my lack of e-money. ^_^... T_T... :P?
... I think an outdoors podcast would be totally awesome. ... (Hehehehe... wouldn't it be possible to have some people inside and some people outside? Just... wondering... ).
If that doesn't get mentioned in #127, I'm gonna be seriously surprised.

Anyways, good episode guys. I'm not really looking into the "Chouzenshuu", but hearing a review of it was pretty cool. It really sucks that "Battle Point Unlimited" isn't on there, though.

And one last thing: Next contest prize? How bout the entire Great Saiyaman/World Tournament Saga?
[color=#30966E][b]PROUDLY Straight-Edge. Arrogant. Gohan and Videl obsessed. BE JEALOUS![/b][/color]
---
[url=http://bit.ly/F3l7t]DA[/url]|[url=http://bit.ly/2FC03o]FFNet[/url]|[url=http://bit.ly/pE5Xs]Youtube[/url]|[url=http://bit.ly/lCOED]Facebook[/url]|[url=http://bit.ly/rWFtp]Livejournal[/url]|[url=http://bit.ly/zrd4v]Twitter[/url]|[url=http://bit.ly/pYRHD]Flickr[/url]|PSN: Saiyavenger

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Mon Apr 28, 2008 2:27 pm

Saiyavenger2941 wrote:And one last thing: Next contest prize? How bout the entire Great Saiyaman/World Tournament Saga?
Very rarely do I actually purchase things on my own to use as prizes. Most of the stuff we've given away has been: (a) fan/listener donations (Commander Red set, other movie DVDs), (b) very-rare corporate donations (Super DBZ), and lastly, (c) stuff I pick up on the super-cheap (bargain-bin stuff that may or may not actually belong there and I laugh all the way to the cash register; for example, one of our most recent daizenshuu give-aways).

If anyone wants to purchase the Ano-Yo-Ichi Budokai / Great Saiyaman boxset to donate as a prize, that would be great :P.

That being said, it's pretty awesome that so many fans/listeners are willing to donate so much great stuff. It's always welcome, and always more than appreciated... by those of us running the site/show, and the people actually winning the stuff...!

Sabin Deus
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Sabin Deus » Mon Apr 28, 2008 4:38 pm

Mike, seriously, beat Crisis Core ASAP. The ending was omgwtf amazing. Honestly, I was not a fan of FF7 until that game. Now I want to go and replay it because Zack Fair is the greatest guy ever, and Cloud is worth my time by association.

Super Ghost Kamikaze

Post by Super Ghost Kamikaze » Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:31 pm

I seriously own NONE of the series.

And I've never won anything in my life involving more than five people.

So.

Maybe the next kind person can donate directly to me? :D

...worth a shot, isn't it? ^_^;;

SSJ Helldog
Regular

Post by SSJ Helldog » Mon Apr 28, 2008 11:17 pm

But seriously: "Steam" that you're throwing in for the contest winner... what is it?

DaemonCorps

Post by DaemonCorps » Tue Apr 29, 2008 12:38 am

^ As mentioned in the podcast, S.T.E.A.M. is pretty much a fan parody featuring Mr. Satan as the main character. I haven't seen it myself, but it sure sounds interesting.

Episode four of the podcast discusses the parody among other things with Scott Melzer, the guy behind the video.
10-30 minutes have most likely passed between my clicking to comment and actually posting. Curse my habit of thinking how to word my posts for too long!
YouTube Essays | twitter | webcomic | instantaneous movement grams

Sunlock1987

I have something to give away.

Post by Sunlock1987 » Thu May 15, 2008 6:14 pm

VegettoEX wrote: Very rarely do I actually purchase things on my own to use as prizes. Most of the stuff we've given away has been: (a) fan/listener donations (Commander Red set, other movie DVDs), (b) very-rare corporate donations (Super DBZ), and lastly, (c) stuff I pick up on the super-cheap (bargain-bin stuff that may or may not actually belong there and I laugh all the way to the cash register; for example, one of our most recent daizenshuu give-aways).

If anyone wants to purchase the Ano-Yo-Ichi Budokai / Great Saiyaman boxset to donate as a prize, that would be great :P.

That being said, it's pretty awesome that so many fans/listeners are willing to donate so much great stuff. It's always welcome, and always more than appreciated... by those of us running the site/show, and the people actually winning the stuff...!
Mike just started reading the forum i have whole box of vhs tapes of dragonball z its would be funny to give them way, I have all a lot of them because when first starting watching it i didn't that it was in japanese and i did own a dvd play back in 2000 :lol: :shock: and i don't if you want use them and might give a use Kanzenban or anything would be cool.

Captain Awesome
Patreon Supporter

Re: I have something to give away.

Post by Captain Awesome » Thu May 15, 2008 7:51 pm

Sunlock1987 wrote: and i don't if you want use them and might give a use Kanzenban or anything would be cool.
I'm confused.

Are you asking for a Kanzenban volume in return for some funimation dub tapes?

Sunlock1987

Re: I have something to give away.

Post by Sunlock1987 » Thu May 15, 2008 9:09 pm

Captain Awesome wrote:
Sunlock1987 wrote: and i don't if you want use them and might give a use Kanzenban or anything would be cool.
I'm confused.

Are you asking for a Kanzenban volume in return for some funimation dub tapes?
no i just don't want them and it would be funny to give away old tapes, i didn't want anything.
I love everything Lost and Dragonball