Episode #0130 (25 May 2008)

We cover anything and everything Dragon Ball in hopes of enlightening... and a little bit of entertaining. Hosted every week by the Kanzenshuu staff and regular special guests from the professional and fandom communities. Your first, best, last, and only Dragon Ball podcast!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Episode #0130 (25 May 2008)

Post by VegettoEX » Sun May 25, 2008 12:37 am

Episode #0130 (download MP3)
59:48; 64 kbps, mono; 27.3 MB

Episode #0130! VegettoEX and Meri bring on a very special guest to discuss the latest news and happenings. From various "Burst Limit" pieces to Viz and their insane manga schedule, there is a plethora of going-ons. Releases, e-mails, and a special DVD contest round out the episode. Referenced sites:
Go ahead and grab it. Big thanks to godofchaos for hosting the kinda nice *one-hundred-thirty* episodes, now.

Sleepy. Hope I didn't mess up any links or editing :P. I know there are a couple weird clips when Meri and I both crack up at the same time, maybe two or three times during the course of the episode... maybe a wire's fuzzing somewhere...
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Ex-Dubbie369
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Ex-Dubbie369 » Sun May 25, 2008 1:36 am

ZOMG secret guest is Julian!!!!!!!

Friggin awesome. :D

And on the topic of the hardcover manga volumes, it's probably only gonna be for volume one like it's been for Ranma 1/2, Naruto, Fullmetal Alchemist, and Inuyasha (and probably other series I'm unaware of).
Last edited by Ex-Dubbie369 on Mon May 26, 2008 2:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sun May 25, 2008 4:00 am

Wow; I didn't recognize your special guest's voice at first. ^^;
That's how long its been.

I love Burst Limit's opening song (in both languages).
Is there a translation for the english lyrics anywhere? Because when I listen to it I'm hearing all sorts of odd phrases like "it's only for the ours" and "they come to see what we do".
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Dogasu
Beyond Newbie

Post by Dogasu » Sun May 25, 2008 6:44 am

So on the topic of Piccolo going to Hell...wouldn't the fact that he had fused with Kami-sama during the beginning of the Cell arc play some role in the decision about where he'd go? I'd imagine that sharing a soul with the former God of the planet (as well as Nail) would automatically save him from the same fate as Vegeta.
Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on June 9th, 2022

NeptuneKai
I Live Here

Post by NeptuneKai » Sun May 25, 2008 9:06 am

Best guest star ever. He made the Podcast for me.

Edit: Okay fine maybe he isn't a star...
Aro started to laugh. “Ha, ha, ha,” he chuckled.- Actual quote from Twilight

caejones
I Live Here

Post by caejones » Sun May 25, 2008 9:27 am

... Didn't piccolo kinda force Enma to send him to Hell?

"What if ... you made a mistake?"

"I don't make mistakes!"
"Oh really? This is the evil Piccolo! *blows things up* ... Sorry."
"Darn it Piccolo, You've gone too far to make your point this time!"
... He did it so he could release Goku from Hell, I think...

Julian~!~! This makes me feel something resembling joy, I think...

... Like how the closing song took its good ol'e time to fade out... XD. (It is indeed only for the ass. :D.)
Dr Gero, in Budokai 2 wrote:Go, my Saiba Rangers!
Akira Toriyama, in Son Goku Densetsu wrote:You really can’t go by rumors (laughs).

Vegeta Jr
Regular

Post by Vegeta Jr » Sun May 25, 2008 9:55 am

Wondered what the ending bit was about, until the bloopers popped up XD.
Great Podcast guys and it's so good to hear Julian again.

Ex-Dubbie369
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Ex-Dubbie369 » Sun May 25, 2008 12:56 pm

On the topic of Piccolo, he actually went to Heaven when he died. He was called to assist Goku when he was in Hell. To get Goku out, Piccolo had to do this thing with Dende that opened Hell up to allow Goku to get out, but Piccolo was stuck there.

Chibi Mystic Gohan
I Live Here

Post by Chibi Mystic Gohan » Sun May 25, 2008 1:56 pm

Dogasu wrote:So on the topic of Piccolo going to Hell...wouldn't the fact that he had fused with Kami-sama during the beginning of the Cell arc play some role in the decision about where he'd go? I'd imagine that sharing a soul with the former God of the planet (as well as Nail) would automatically save him from the same fate as Vegeta.
Hell, Piccolo Jr. never killed any innocent people anyway. Unless Enma would count Daimaô's actions against him.

worldmonsters
Patreon Supporter

Post by worldmonsters » Sun May 25, 2008 5:19 pm

:p Meri probably thought Piccolo fought Freeza and Cell cause he actually does so in Toyble's Dragonball AF manga :p

DaemonCorps
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by DaemonCorps » Mon May 26, 2008 7:25 pm

:gasp: The Don's back! Even when I found out who the guest was when I was scrolling through the posts here, I was still pretty psyched to hear his voice after a whopping two months. The podcast sounded a lot more cheerier with him finally back.

Not really frequenting the Video Games forum, the English version of the game's theme is news to me. I usually don't get that attached to Japanese songs, but this one is just so awesome in either language. The cheering and the violin (at least I think it's violin) in it sounds pretty sweet. I might've missed it being mentioned in the episode, but is there gonna be a CD release for it any time soon?
Ex-Dubbie369 wrote:And on the topic of the hardcover manga volumes, it's probably only gonna be for volume one like it's been for Ranma 1/2, Naruto, Fullmetal Alchemist, and Inuyasha (and probably other series I'm unaware of).
Yeah, they did the same thing with Death Note, too. Either way, I do agree that getting into the series is just as hard as it's ever been.

...and hey, you finally got to my Piccolo e-mail!
Chibi Mystic Gohan wrote:Hell, Piccolo Jr. never killed any innocent people anyway. Unless Enma would count Daimaô's actions against him.
Well, if Enma were to do such a thing, then I'd assume that he'd also punish Mr. Boo and Oob once they died what with their evil self going off and killing things etc.

Really thinking it through, though, I guess one could say that my question can go a million ways depending on what you consider filler and not. For example, while I'm pretty sure it's never shown in the manga, most like to go with the idea of there actually being a Hell where all the baddies go, even though Piccolo tells Vegeta about the whole purification process before he dies against Boo. My Confirmation teacher brought up the same idea one time. He talked about people not really going to Hell, but just taking a bit longer to reach Heaven because they have to spend a bit more time being purified and whatnot.

Maybe it's because it can go a million different ways that I sent the question in the first place.

Great episode overall. It was pretty fitting of a way to reintroduce Julian to the listeners. Actually, if there are any listeners who got into the podcast when Julian was MIA, I'm kinda curious as to your thoughts on him coming back even though you were never really introduced to him beforehand.
10-30 minutes have most likely passed between my clicking to comment and actually posting. Curse my habit of thinking how to word my posts for too long!
YouTube Essays | twitter | webcomic | instantaneous movement grams

desirecampbell

Post by desirecampbell » Mon May 26, 2008 7:29 pm

Yay Julian! And, heh, Meri's "hai hai!" reminded me of that Ranma cd with the character dialog between the songs.

And I guess I'll just have to wait until fall to see which Viz manga to buy, sigh.

Kid Trunks
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Kid Trunks » Mon May 26, 2008 10:43 pm

Dogasu wrote:I'd imagine that sharing a soul with the former God of the planet (as well as Nail) would automatically save him from the same fate as Vegeta.
If you're talking about Vegeta after he was resurrected for the second time, I doubt that he would ever go to Hell again. The wish was made for everyone good to come back to earth. That seems to suggest that Vegeta would go to heaven instead.

djkalteraphine
Regular

Post by djkalteraphine » Wed May 28, 2008 6:39 am

My favorite (original) dub line from Movie 1 is also my favorite Garlic line, is probably my favorite dub line ever, and is certainly one of my favorite things a villain has ever said in DBZ in any language.

"We'll rule this and every other world!!!" Garlic Jr. = Stone Cold Badass, and that's real.

As an aside, the Ocean cast Garlic is the definitive voice of the character - it's true.