Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #2 Thread: "Super Hero"

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Majin Buu
Advanced Regular

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #2 Thread: "Super Hero"

Post by Majin Buu » Fri Jun 03, 2022 12:57 pm

capsulecorp wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 10:14 pmYou're probably right that he SHOULD train but part of the way DB manages to be fun and wild is because its characters VERY RARELY do the things they "should" do.
This.

This is why it doesn't bother me that the characters (good and bad) don't always act in the most optimal way. There'd be no story if they did.

Kagari
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Kagari » Fri Jun 03, 2022 1:07 pm

Yuji wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 12:46 pm Has it even been confirmed that Gohan lost any power or is it just conjecture because he's... Doing his job? We see him walking around with weighted clothing. Doesn't seem like he would do that casually for no reason.
Nothing says he has lost any power, no.

dragonballhero
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by dragonballhero » Fri Jun 03, 2022 1:17 pm

jjgp1112 wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 12:54 pm Bulma really is becoming the answer to "What if these weird, vain middle-aged rich folks had access to magic?" :lol:
No joke, the gods and the Evil Dragons alike are going to rip into Bulma for all she's worth. Like, they are going to have a freaking FIELD DAY with this woman.

I can't wait for the day that they become a thing in modern Dragon Ball. At this point, I'm hoping that maybe Bulma tries to shift the blame of their existence over to Goku at first (like she did in GT), but either they or Black Smoke Shenron (and the gods, of course) immediately call her on her BS and point out how she's been using them to look younger.

Seriously though, if the Shadow Dragons become a thing, I will be SO pissed off if she gets away with blaming Goku for their creation like she did in GT.

Yuji
Advanced Regular

Post by Yuji » Fri Jun 03, 2022 1:21 pm

dragonballhero wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 1:17 pm
jjgp1112 wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 12:54 pm Bulma really is becoming the answer to "What if these weird, vain middle-aged rich folks had access to magic?" :lol:
No joke, the gods and the Evil Dragons alike are going to rip into Bulma for all she's worth. Like, they are going to have a freaking FIELD DAY with this woman.

I can't wait for the day that they become a thing in modern Dragon Ball. At this point, I'm hoping that maybe Bulma tries to shift the blame of their existence over to Goku at first (like she did in GT), but either they or Black Smoke Shenron (and the gods, of course) immediately call her on her BS and point out how she's been using them to look younger.

Seriously though, if the Shadow Dragons become a thing, I will be SO pissed off if she gets away with blaming Goku for their creation like she did in GT.
I don't think she's been successful in using them. Nowhere is it really confirmed or implied she ever managed to use them for her means.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Fri Jun 03, 2022 1:25 pm

I mean, I'm not middle-aged and I'd totally use the Dragon Balls to get a better ass. And boobs. And everything, really.
Yuji wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 12:56 pmYou'd have a point if this were Videl or 18, but Bulma being sex-crazed and vain has been a part of her character since chapter one. Unless you want Bulma to be written out of the story, then you can't write Bulma without her vanity.
No, I still have a point because Toriyama doesn't need to write these scenarios, the staff of the film and publishing companies don't need to publish this in their products aimed at general family audiences, either.

There's Blooma being vain and then there's Toriyama dedicating a portion of a film to his ass-expansion kink, which, hey, I'm not here to kink-shame, I'm here to say "save it for an R18 project so the adults can actually enjoy this stuff without worrying about whether or not we're continuing centuries-long casual misogyny and objectification of femme-presenting people."
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Fri Jun 03, 2022 1:42 pm

JulieYBM wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 11:52 am According to DBS Hype...
#SuperHeroSpoilers Context Time!
In this scene we’ll see Bulma make one of the wishes to Shenron, which is to: Firm her bottom up a little, literally lol😆
Making a plot point "Blooma wishes for a thicc ass" in a kid's movie is not a great look, Toriyama. Jesus Christ.
Uncessary and unfunny. Toriyama needs to understand times have changed and a lot of gags from before (mainly pre-DBZ Roshi perv scenes) won't fly anymore. That scene may be controversial.

By the way, they don't seem to be able to make a modern DB movie without involving the Dragon Balls.
Last edited by FortuneSSJ on Fri Jun 03, 2022 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Fri Jun 03, 2022 1:43 pm

Kagari wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 1:07 pm
Yuji wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 12:46 pmHas it even been confirmed that Gohan lost any power or is it just conjecture because he's... Doing his job? We see him walking around with weighted clothing. Doesn't seem like he would do that casually for no reason.
The idea of Gohan losing power during "breaks" between sagas is well established. As was stated multiple times, Gohan got weaker in between Cell saga and Majin Buu saga. With that in mind, it stands to reason that Gohan will lose power whenever he slacks off, and he does, every time. That's also corroborated by Toriyama, who says that "in time of peace, Gohan studies".

We don't need to be told every time he didn't train, that's the expected thing to expect. What we would need to be stated is that he did train, that's the unexpected thing to not expect.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

dragonballhero
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by dragonballhero » Fri Jun 03, 2022 2:01 pm

Yuji wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 1:21 pm
dragonballhero wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 1:17 pm

I don't think she's been successful in using them. Nowhere is it really confirmed or implied she ever managed to use them for her means.
I'm... pretty sure Broly (the DBS movie) had her reluctantly admit to Goku, Vegeta, and Whis that she's been using the DBs for some time now to look about 5 years younger, AND that she apparently has been doing it FAR more than one time (much to Whis and Goku's surprise).

Mr_CINDER
Beyond Newbie

Post by Mr_CINDER » Fri Jun 03, 2022 2:29 pm

Extreme_kai wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 8:15 am
You're probably right. Like why bring back the least popular version (I know it's Toriyama's favorite) and make it a kaiju? Cell fans don't win, and people that want a new villain don't win. Just a huge "F You" to everyone. lol
Toriyama never cared about the fans in fact he always try to do the opposite thing of what they demands or wants. He write stories and draws the way he likes and dont give a damm about what the readers think. (except cell saga where his editor did some changes).The audience just happens to like it thats it.

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Fri Jun 03, 2022 2:35 pm

I'm not saying the Shadow Dragons arc was good or anything, but someone's really got to punish these people for misusing the Divine Dragon Balls like this.

You could literally use the Dragon Balls to end all wars or famines, and yet you use them to
Literally shameless.

Kagari
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Kagari » Fri Jun 03, 2022 2:41 pm

Grimlock wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 1:43 pm
Kagari wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 1:07 pm
Yuji wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 12:46 pmHas it even been confirmed that Gohan lost any power or is it just conjecture because he's... Doing his job? We see him walking around with weighted clothing. Doesn't seem like he would do that casually for no reason.
The idea of Gohan losing power during "breaks" between sagas is well established. As was stated multiple times, Gohan got weaker in between Cell saga and Majin Buu saga. With that in mind, it stands to reason that Gohan will lose power whenever he slacks off, and he does, every time. That's also corroborated by Toriyama, who says that "in time of peace, Gohan studies".

We don't need to be told every time he didn't train, that's the expected thing to expect. What we would need to be stated is that he did train, that's the unexpected thing to not expect.
Except the difference is last time it happened they straight up had him say 'I can still go Super Saiyan, probably' while here his Ultimate form is getting top billing. It's night and day from RoF where he couldn't use that form.

Extreme_kai
Beyond Newbie

Post by Extreme_kai » Fri Jun 03, 2022 2:57 pm

Dragmobot12 wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 8:20 am
Extreme_kai wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 8:15 am
Dragmobot12 wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 8:09 am

You're probably right. Like why bring back the least popular version (I know it's Toriyama's favorite) and make it a kaiju? Cell fans don't win, and people that want a new villain don't win. Just a huge "F You" to everyone. lol
I honestly think that Moro replaces Cell really well, I just hope they bring Moro back instead sometime in the future.
I'd have to disagree with you there. Moro has to be the most lackluster, flash in the pan villain we've seen so far in the series. His arc brought nothing to the overall series, and I hope if Super comes back they skip his part honestly. Sometimes I even forget he existed.

capsulecorp
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by capsulecorp » Fri Jun 03, 2022 3:01 pm

ObnoxiousNamek wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 9:40 am AT is getting away with highway robbery at Toei like if i was an exec i wouldnt pay a one red cent for this crap script yet they are spending time and millions on awful script. I doubt folks are gonna eat this up this time tho this isnt 2018 anymore. The masses no longer care about Dragonball it has simply run out of creative steam and needs to be shelved badly. Preferably until the old ass geezers in charge of this franchise either resign/leave and someone with actual talent in modern storytelling & writing steps in to be the real Superhero (pun intended).
Can we just not, with posts like these? You're being really toxic and unpleasant but, more importantly, the things you say are just not true - look around at this thread to see how many fans are excited for this movie! It's also just really BORING... like, we know you get off on hating a movie you've never seen, we know you disapprove of Toei's business practices, I get it, I just don't need to read it on every single page on the thread.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Fri Jun 03, 2022 3:21 pm

Kagari wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 2:41 pmExcept the difference is last time it happened they straight up had him say 'I can still go Super Saiyan, probably' while here his Ultimate form is getting top billing. It's night and day from RoF where he couldn't use that form.
I acknowledge the lack of consistency. My point is that yes, Gohan does lose power in between sagas. But things have been poorly handled, yes.

Four years after Majin Buu saga, Gohan could still transform into Super Saiyan and into Ultimate just fine. However, one year after that, we have Gohan only going Super Saiyan. One year after that, Gohan trains to "re-unlock" Ultimate but we don't know if that was a plot point from Toriyama or from Toei. Maybe to Toriyama he never "lost" Ultimate even after losing power or lost just once (Movie 15)? Who knows.

This movie takes place two years after Universe Survival saga, two years of Gohan slacking off since his training with Piccolo. We don't know if Gohan will (again) undergo something to "(re)-re-unlock" Ultimate or if he'll just transform into it as we see in these TV Spots.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Post by goku the krump dancer » Fri Jun 03, 2022 3:37 pm

The biggest gripe I have is that the True Big Boss is just Cell again and its like Gohan cant move past that moment in his life.
It's not too late. One day, it will be.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!
Peace and Power Kevin Samuels

DestructoDisc
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by DestructoDisc » Fri Jun 03, 2022 3:40 pm

Jiren The Alpha wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 12:30 pm
DestructoDisc wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 12:18 pm
MeMeDZEHH wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 11:16 am Study insect is litteraly part of his Job. It's not a hobby, it's is JOB. I don't know how people can nitpicking on something so minor, seriously ...
I know DB fan are known for being never satisified, but it's irritating
He's at home, and he's got super speed. He can sacrifice 10 seconds of his job to pick up his THREE YEAR OLD daughter. It's not like he has to study for 8 hours straights, breaks exist.
Jiren The Alpha wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 11:24 am Gohan knew that Piccolo would get her, if he didn't, he would have gotten her himself.
Did he talk with Piccolo beforehand about this? No. So it's still shit parenting if he relies on his instincts. Pan is only 3 year old, kids of that age need to be looked after all the time. He could've easily sacrificed 10 seconds of his stidying to make sure his daughter who just recently learned how to talk and walk is safely at home with him. I admit, the fact that knew Piccolo will pick her off makes him look a little better than I thought, but he still comes off as a bad father.
It looks like in the trailer she beats up some RR soldiers and can fly, so she is not really a normal 3 year old lol.
But she is still a 3 year old kid. I wouldn't give a damn how talented my kid is, I would still be worried for their safety and would immediately go and pick them off from kindergarten if I have the time to do so, because you never know what could happen if she's being left alone.

Yuji
Advanced Regular

Post by Yuji » Fri Jun 03, 2022 4:03 pm

JulieYBM wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 1:25 pm No, I still have a point because Toriyama doesn't need to write these scenarios, the staff of the film and publishing companies don't need to publish this in their products aimed at general family audiences, either.

He doesn't need to write anything. He writes what he wants, as all artists should have the freedom to.
There's Blooma being vain and then there's Toriyama dedicating a portion of a film to his ass-expansion kink, which, hey, I'm not here to kink-shame, I'm here to say "save it for an R18 project so the adults can actually enjoy this stuff without worrying about whether or not we're continuing centuries-long casual misogyny and objectification of femme-presenting people."
You're exaggerating. This is no different from Bulma last movie wishing to be younger. You're projecting malicious intent where there is none.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Fri Jun 03, 2022 4:18 pm

Yuji wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 4:03 pm
JulieYBM wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 1:25 pm No, I still have a point because Toriyama doesn't need to write these scenarios, the staff of the film and publishing companies don't need to publish this in their products aimed at general family audiences, either.

He doesn't need to write anything. He writes what he wants, as all artists should have the freedom to.
You're exaggerating. This is no different from Bulma last movie wishing to be younger. You're projecting malicious intent where there is none.
I never said Toriyama can't make the art he wants to, I said this shit is inappropriate for marketing and release towards kids. Which it is.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Fri Jun 03, 2022 4:20 pm

Can you guys stop turning everything into a problem for five minutes?!

omaro34
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by omaro34 » Fri Jun 03, 2022 4:24 pm

SupremeKai25 wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 2:35 pm I'm not saying the Shadow Dragons arc was good or anything, but someone's really got to punish these people for misusing the Divine Dragon Balls like this.

You could literally use the Dragon Balls to end all wars or famines, and yet you use them to
Literally shameless.
Wouldn’t be the first time the dragonball use has been questioned or intentions were selfish. Even in OG Dragonball Oolong wished for panties, Bulma wanted to wish for a boyfriend, Commander Red wanted to get taller, Freeza did too at one point later on, etc.

There should be consequences I agree. Getting a firmer butt is not even funny, let alone dedicating an entire scene to it. Anyone can get a nice figure if they eat right and consistently train their lower bodies lol, waste of a wish.
"Kami is the Morgan Freeman of Dragonball Z"

Check out my Piccolo page: https://www.facebook.com/PiccoloTheSuperNamek/?ref=hl