DBZ Movies 10-13 are getting a Catalan dub

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Dragon Ball Ireland
I Live Here

Re: DBZ Movies 10-13 are getting a Catalan dub

Post by Dragon Ball Ireland » Tue Dec 13, 2022 7:25 pm

Nice. How many European dubs have covered those movies now? As I recall several dubs based on the French dub stopped at Z movie 9.
Do you have any info about international non-English broadcasts about the Dragon Ball anime or manga translations/editions? Please message me. Researching for a future book with Dragon Ball scholar Derek Padula :thumbup:

wjbraden
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: DBZ Movies 10-13 are getting a Catalan dub

Post by wjbraden » Thu Dec 15, 2022 12:22 am

Dragon Ball Ireland wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 7:25 pm Nice. How many European dubs have covered those movies now? As I recall several dubs based on the French dub stopped at Z movie 9.
It's actually more than I realized upon tallying things up: France, Germany, Greece, Italy (dubbed twice), Poland (movies 10-11 were lectored-only), Portugal, and Castilian Spanish. The rest of the regional Spanish dubs, the Scandinavian countries, and of course the Big Green dub all stopped there though at movie 9. Chalk it up to AB Groupe and their haphazard distribution of things I suppose.

That said, really happy for Catalonian fans out there! Hopefully Super will be on its way soon to have the whole franchise dubbed.
Interested in learning about the many international dubs of Dragon Ball? Then contribute to our Dragon Ball International Dubs spreadsheet here!: https://goo.gl/Zay3za It's open for anyone to edit* and view, so go ahead and add your own information to our ever-growing list!

* If you request access with a google account.