Anyone here wish they did a spin off series on U6

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Seekeroftruth
Beyond Newbie

Anyone here wish they did a spin off series on U6

Post by Seekeroftruth » Sat Jul 01, 2023 8:11 am

While DB: Super is in limbo and the media hype for DB: Heroes has basically fizzled out, why not keep fans satisfied by making an entire series dedicated to U6. It would be interesting to expand on the Kefla, Kaulifla and Cabba's personal lives, introduce more saiyans to the series and other aliens that are unique to U6. Honestly, with so many universes available, it's rather perplexing that Toriyama and Toyotarou would limit themselves to just one universe.

Trouser
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: Anyone here wish they did a spin off series on U6

Post by Trouser » Sat Jul 01, 2023 8:44 am

Oh god, no. Spin-offs about adventures of Yamcha, Tenshinhan and Kuririn would've been better. U6 Saiyans aren't interesting enough for spin-off.
"If it means having to live under your control, I'd rather be dead!" - Trunks
English is not my first language, if I've made a mistake, please, feel free to correct me. It will help, thanks.

Bloodthroe

Post by Bloodthroe » Sun Jul 02, 2023 9:01 am

I wish they would just tell stories about the other universes in general. Heck, I've been wanting that, since Dabura was named ruler of the Demon Realm. We've never even seen the Demon Realm. It's new territory for more interesting stories than just giving us more of what we've already seen in U7.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sun Jul 02, 2023 11:25 am

I wanna see the threads for Caulifla and Kale continued on from what we saw in the animated series. These aren't 'Toriyama characters', so let them be fleshed out and developed in ways that Toriyama never would. The Sapphic bond between Caulifla and Kale especially could be fleshed out from a state of sub-text to one of just simple text. After all, if we take the moment that the two finally united on the same emotional understanding one could view that as a 'confession' and the creation of Kefla through the Potara Fusion as a moment of the two having sex or entering into a marriage.

I also want to see Hit on various, small, episodic hits. Just Hit wandering around, killing targets, getting glimpses into his life and the lives of the people he assassinates.

Or Ribrianne as an idol!

There's some interesting stuff to be had, especially if one makes use of the material already laid out in the 2015-2018 animated series.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

MasenkoHA
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MasenkoHA » Mon Jul 03, 2023 2:15 pm

Bloodthroe wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2023 9:01 am We've never even seen the Demon Realm.
https://www.kanzenshuu.com/episode/db/eps-081/

ATA
Beyond Newbie

Post by ATA » Mon Jul 03, 2023 6:51 pm

If I'm being honest, no.

If Dragon Ball ever had a spin off I don't want it to about Saiyans. Our main character is a Saiyan. His rival is The Prince of All Saiyans. His son is a Biracial who switches from Super Saiyan to "Fighting as an Earthling" depending on whatever the writing staff thinks is cool. Your daughter gets kidnapped and you not fighting in your strongest form??? A form that looks more human anyways . The last arc was basically Granola attempting his revenge on Saiyans and Freeza. We got about 7 different Super Saiyan transformations...canon and "non canon".

I would want the spin off to have nothing to do with Saiyans. I understand Saiyans make the franchise money. I understand transformations is good for toys. But I rather a spin off be about a different demographic. Maybe the God's and Angels? So we can see all the universes.
May Your Heart Be Your Guiding Key

The Monkey King
Advanced Regular

Post by The Monkey King » Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:01 am

Not really no.

I find the U6 saiyans to be quite boring, I kinda like Califula personality wise but her dogshit character design ruins it for me.

This issue is kinda fixed with Kefla but we probably won't see much of her in a spin off series.

DragonBallFoodie
Advanced Regular

Post by DragonBallFoodie » Tue Jul 04, 2023 1:51 pm

There is so much of DB that deserves a spin-off, in my opinion a testament to the saga's richness, but at this point a look at how the history of U6 played out differently from U7 is maybe all that would be interesting.

And maybe a visit to U6 to meet the King of Planet Salad.
"Don't take pleasure in destruction!" / "I will not let you destroy my world!"
A true hero goes beyond not the limits of power, but the limits that divide countries and people.

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Tue Jul 04, 2023 2:18 pm

I'm willing to be proven wrong, but I don't think a long term spin off will work. I certainly don't have a desire to see spinoff built around more Saiyans. Exploration of U6 would be more about lore and worldbuilding than characters. It won't work because that's not what audiences really want.
The biggest truths aren't original. The truth is ketchup. It's Jim Belushi. Its job isn't to blow our minds. It's to be within reach.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretzky" - Michael Scott
Happiness is climate, not weather.

super michael
Advanced Regular

Post by super michael » Tue Jul 04, 2023 3:13 pm

I wouldn't mind a spin-off manga of Universe 6, it would be enjoyable to see what Universe 6 Saiyans and Hit does for their jobs. I am sure it will be fun.

As for Cabba, I wish he would get muscles. I have no problem with Cabba being skinny, but having 0 muscles that isn't good.

capsulecorp
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by capsulecorp » Tue Jul 04, 2023 7:47 pm

I would not be interested in a U6 spinoff, I think the TOP has already explored these characters to the point that its clear there's just... not much there. They seem trope-based and overly familiar.

funrush
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by funrush » Mon Jul 17, 2023 4:40 am

Trouser wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2023 8:44 am Oh god, no. Spin-offs about adventures of Yamcha, Tenshinhan and Kuririn would've been better. U6 Saiyans aren't interesting enough for spin-off.
I think both would be interesting enough for a short series of OVAs or a 13 episode season or something. Fans always speculate about a planet Sadala arc, how about a U6 miniseries where Vegeta makes an appearance when its time to fight the big bad?

I also think your idea about a Yamcha/Tien/Krillin spinoff could be interesting, particularly because there's some line in a guidebook about how Tien is a descendent of an alien race and I'd love if they explored that more. I think a miniseries where that trio meets Tenshinhan's ancestors/race could be pretty neat.