DBZ: Elsewhere is finished :(

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Hero 004
Beyond Newbie

DBZ: Elsewhere is finished :(

Post by Hero 004 » Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:15 pm

Aremke let everyone know on his site a couple of days ago that he no longer has time to finish his Yamcha fan-manga Dragon Ball Z: Elsewhere.

http://www.rmkworld.net/ELSEWHERE/elsewhere.htm

Really sad stuff, Elsewhere was the best Dragon Ball fan story out there in my opinion. I do, however, have a lot of respect for Aremke and his duties in the air force and his decision to move forward with proffesional art work. It's really understandable and I admire his decision.
I'll miss Yamcha, Barracks, Yunomi and gang and here's hopin' we see their saga to the end someday. Until then, thanks Aremke for your hard work and for sharing your talent with Dragon Ball fans.
"Sometimes life is too uncertain to have regrets"- Goku

AnzuMazaki
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by AnzuMazaki » Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:30 pm

It's sad, as it was one of the only few manga with Yamcha in it that dosen't invovle him being tortured to death by a SSJ level18367643 Brolli or being a dumb horrible ex-boyfriend who rapes Bulma or abuses her or cheats on her. :cry:

I want more fan manga a that focuses on the humans as more than punchinmg bags and excuses for 18, Launch and Bulma to go with Vegeta. :evil:

SSj_Rambo
I Live Here

Post by SSj_Rambo » Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:31 pm

NOOOOOOO! :x I was really hoping that this wouldn't happen, even though I kind of saw it coming after so much time passed with no updates, but it's totally understandable and I admire what he has started and his ability to keep his priorities straight. I recently sent him a PM through this forum and have each day been waiting for his reply, and even though it's not what I wanted, at least I can sleep at night.

In my opinion DBZ: Elsewhere has the best storyline out of all of the fan-manga I have ever read. The depth of the story and the character development for it's new characters and for the characters that we knew but really needed this type of side-story style plot were amazing. Granted, the art wasn't as professionally done as some of the other fan works that are out there but you could literally sense the dedication and love that RMK had when he drew his Dragonball masterpiece.

It's a shame that the story has to end here (for now hopefully), but until it continues re-reading what we have will never get old. And if worst comes to worst and he doesn't get to finish the manga, I'm hoping that he will at least release the entire story in text form, just so that we can know how it all comes to a close.

Great job RMK, and good luck!

LSSJ4
Beyond Newbie

Post by LSSJ4 » Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:11 pm

Aww, that sucks, I read this a while back and loved it. Very few fan stories get my attention, this had me stuck on my computer.Oh well, here's the best to the author.
Last edited by LSSJ4 on Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SSJ2bardock
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2bardock » Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:23 pm

Sad to see him go :cry: :cry: :cry:
PSN Stay_Slapped

Let’s play FighterZ

Velasa
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Velasa » Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:33 pm

I hate when this kind of thing happens > < Well, at least it's for a legitimate reason and not just "I was bored" like when so many other of my favorite writings have died on me. God life sucks sometimes.

Good luck Aremke, we'll miss you.

I need to go do more Yamcha fanart now.
[quote="Rocketman"]Rocketman is to ChiChi as Velasa is to _______.

A. ChiChi
B. Piccolo
C. Goku
D. Bulma[/quote]

FormallyKnownAsPrince

Post by FormallyKnownAsPrince » Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:36 pm

Aww, too bad. I only just found this a couple months back. I really enjoyed it so far... Well good luck RMK. :)

SonEric84
Banned

Post by SonEric84 » Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:43 pm

Damn that sucks, I really wanted to see where that story was going..
Trans rights, now!

bkev
I Live Here

Post by bkev » Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:29 pm

Oh no! :(

I hope he gets famous, so he DOES finish it. Who knows?
[quote="Brakus"]For all the flack that FUNimation gets on this forum for their quote about DBZ, there's some modicum of truth to it: a 9-year-old is born every day. Or in some cases, "reborn". DBZ may be a kids' show, but it's been so close to so many hearts all over Japan, America, and quite possibly, even the world.[/quote]

Aremke
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Aremke » Sat Aug 02, 2008 12:24 am

Thank you all for understanding. Life just gets in the way sometimes. I haven't stopped loving my story- I've spent far too many years daydreaming about the possibilities. Someday, God willing, I'll finish it. Or maybe I'll just write it in text format with art to go along.
"Justice, Honor, Hope, Purity, Victory"

Update: Issue 10 is up! Volume 1 is complete!

Please check out my Yamcha fan manga:

SSJ2bardock
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2bardock » Sat Aug 02, 2008 1:42 am

Good luck man.
PSN Stay_Slapped

Let’s play FighterZ

Velasa
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Velasa » Sat Aug 02, 2008 4:27 am

If you chose to continue it as a fic I would totally follow that hon. If you don't have the time, I understand that too.
[quote="Rocketman"]Rocketman is to ChiChi as Velasa is to _______.

A. ChiChi
B. Piccolo
C. Goku
D. Bulma[/quote]

Scarz
I Live Here

Post by Scarz » Sat Aug 02, 2008 5:54 am

Excellent, excellent, fan manga! Believe me I can be the most skeptical, pessimistic person when it comes to fan... well, anything. And I have to say I was more than impressed.

Even if the author did decided to end it, (which is totally cool, people can be busy, or just lose interest in projects) It was still great. I never finished a fan manga before, and so far this was the best one.

But of course there where some parts I didn't totally agreed with or liked but hell I'm just nick picking.

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Sat Aug 02, 2008 8:06 am

Damn, this sucks. Elsewhere was awesome. Hopefully his schedule clears up eventually so we can see the rest. Even if it takes ten years. :lol:
Avys ~ DA account ~ Fanfiction ~ Chat Quotes
<Kaboom> I'm just glad that he now sounds more like Invader Zim than Rita Repulsa
<Xyex> Original Freeza never sounded like a chick to me.
<Kaboom> Neither does Rita
<Xyex> Good point.

desirecampbell

Re: DBZ: Elsewhere is finished :(

Post by desirecampbell » Sat Aug 02, 2008 9:46 pm

Hero 004 wrote:Aremke let everyone know on his site a couple of days ago that he no longer has time to finish his Yamcha fan-manga Dragon Ball Z: Elsewhere.
:(
Aremke wrote:Thank you all for understanding. Life just gets in the way sometimes. I haven't stopped loving my story- I've spent far too many years daydreaming about the possibilities. Someday, God willing, I'll finish it. Or maybe I'll just write it in text format with art to go along.
:)

Aremke
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Aremke » Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:24 am

Velasa wrote:If you chose to continue it as a fic I would totally follow that hon. If you don't have the time, I understand that too.
Xyex wrote:Damn, this sucks. Elsewhere was awesome. Hopefully his schedule clears up eventually so we can see the rest. Even if it takes ten years.
desirecampbell wrote::D
Hm, now I'm honestly considering finishing it as a fic with illustrations/sketches since people seem interested (sort of like the Trunks side story we just saw translated here at DaizEX). I'd prefer of course the comic format, but a chapter with sketches could likely be finished within 3 hours as opposed to the 48+ non-consecutive hours required to script, plot, draw, ink, scan, letter, program, and upload the standard way. I'm itching to finish the story anyway and I have the next 8 chapters already in script/panel format just sitting around. It's been 8 years in obsessive re-writing already. Any takers?
"Justice, Honor, Hope, Purity, Victory"

Update: Issue 10 is up! Volume 1 is complete!

Please check out my Yamcha fan manga:

Captain Awesome
Patreon Supporter

Post by Captain Awesome » Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:43 am

I really need some closure on the story, I've been enjoying it so much, it really would be a shame to leave it unfinished.