Kai Episode 7 (17 May 2009)

Individual discussions for each episode of Dragon Ball Kai.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Innagadadavida
I Live Here

Post by Innagadadavida » Fri May 22, 2009 9:32 pm

Rod wrote:When/What is the next significant filler? Fake Namek?
Earthings vs. Nappa probably.

Coola Yagami
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Coola Yagami » Sat May 23, 2009 3:33 am

No, the humans did fight Nappa. The only filler there was that Piccolo/Kuririn split-form stuff, and each and every single scene that showed TV cameras, reporters and whatnot cause the Siayan fight was never televised. oh and the 3-hour break too. And any scene that goes back to Bulma and the others.

Kendamu
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kendamu » Sat May 23, 2009 4:32 am

Coola Yagami wrote:No, the humans did fight Nappa. The only filler there was that Piccolo/Kuririn split-form stuff, and each and every single scene that showed TV cameras, reporters and whatnot cause the Siayan fight was never televised. oh and the 3-hour break too. And any scene that goes back to Bulma and the others.
I think that was meant as in "the military vs. Nappa."
(they/she)

My Martial Arts Website -- https://mybudo.carrd.co

Herms
Kanzenshuu Admin Emeritus

Post by Herms » Sat May 23, 2009 8:10 am

And stuff like Piccolo and Kuririn splitting into three people to fight Nappa.
Kanzenshuu: Is that place still around?
Sometimes, I tweet things
We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

Catterix2006
Beyond Newbie

Post by Catterix2006 » Sat May 23, 2009 10:04 am

Herms wrote:And stuff like Piccolo and Kuririn splitting into three people to fight Nappa.
I wouldn't call that significant filler though. Aw hell, now we're just getting into semantics.

The next obvious filler that'll be absent will, yeah, be Nappa VS Military as well as Piccolo&Krillin's 3-way split against Nappa.

But the next actual complete filler arc with 100% filler episodes, will be around the "fake namek" era, including the spaceship of kids.
I love humans, always seeing patterns in things that aren't there.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sun May 24, 2009 12:51 am

There are arguments going on in the other two active Kai threads, and there's no #8 thread up yet, so I'm going to post my episode 8 thoughts here for now.

I think Ep #8 is easily my favorite episode so far. Everything felt right about it. X3 The thunderstorm-like noises made when they were summoning Shenlong were nice. Also, Goku pressing on Kaio-sama's back too hard and not realizing it made me laugh. XD

Curious; anyone else notice the calender in Kamesennin's bathroom reads "1989"? :3

I don't know why, but that brief moment before the pods landed where the little girl asked her dad what time it was kind of humanized the situation for me; I'm gonna feel bad when Nappa goes and blows everyone up. >_O

Also, enough time has passed where I'm no longer hearing TFS Nappa when I watch Kai; not quite sure what to make of that. I still grinned stupidly when they finished the episode by zooming in on Nappa though.

I love the artwork from the saiyajin arc; I almost kind of wish the rest of dbz looked like this; its got a more fluid feel to it. (Though I do like the Buu arc artwork too...)
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Vino
Beyond Newbie

Post by Vino » Sun May 24, 2009 8:06 am

Chuquita wrote: Kai threads, and there's no #8 thread up yet
http://db.schuby.org/daizex/viewtopic.php?t=10558

Hujio
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by Hujio » Tue May 26, 2009 8:57 pm

For anyone that's interested, we have our review up on Kanzentai for the seventh episode of DragonBall Kai. I hope everyone enjoys it!

DBK Episode 007, "Battle with 10-Fold Gravity! Goku, Your Training is a Footrace"

Credits:
Manga Comparison: Herms
Original Broadcast Comparison: Hujio
Music/Voice Performance Comparison: DBW
:: [| Heath "Hujio" Cutler |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu |] - [| Twitter |] ::