Funny Dragonball: Evolution Description

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Milton
Patreon Supporter

Funny Dragonball: Evolution Description

Post by Milton » Sun Jul 26, 2009 9:35 pm

Not sure if they're all over the US, but around where I live we have DVD rental kiosks called Redbox. Usually every Saturday at the store I work for, the Redbox rep comes in and updates for DVD Tuesday. And since Dragonball: Evolution is being released this Tuesday, that too was added to the menu system in advance. With every movie in the Redbox, there's a description of what the film is about. I figured everyone would find this amusing, so I took a picture with my camera phone.

Now THAT would've been a better "rethinking of the series."

"Ahhh, high school..."

Smooth Criminal
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Smooth Criminal » Sun Jul 26, 2009 9:45 pm

I'm assuming that description is incorrect?

I guess the funny part is I've distanced myself so much from DBE due to my utter disgust with the casting for Goku and his god-awful-ridiculous haircut, that I have literally no clue what goes on in the plot.

SparkyPantsMcGee
I Live Here

Post by SparkyPantsMcGee » Sun Jul 26, 2009 9:50 pm

Woah what? who provides the descriptions for these things? I was going to say maybe the store confused this with the bricks or something...but then it says rated PG...wow I'm so confused but laughing so hard at the same time. :lol:
...Wait what are you doing? Are you still reading this? I finished what I had to say, why don't you move on to the next post?

Ramoro-san
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Ramoro-san » Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:16 pm

:lol: Oh man, that's pretty damn hilarious and kind of ironic. The person who wrote this description is apparently familiar with DBZ, but knows nothing about DBE. It does make me wonder if he/she would have written a better movie than Ben Ramsey.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:17 am

I definitely prefer that description as to what actually transpired. :lol:

Also have distanced myself from the movie. Trying to forget about Chatku, mostly. I still have a tiny bit of curiosity as to what Haruhi!Bulma and Ussop!Chatku sound like though. That isn't even on the US release of the dvd so I wouldn't be able to hear them anyway.

Still have a small inkling for wanting to draw Haruhi cosplaying as DB Bulma though. Kyon would be Yamcha, Shamisen's Puar, Mikuru as Launch, and Itsuki as Tenshinhan. I don't know who Yuki would be....
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Eddie
Advanced Regular

Post by Eddie » Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:53 am

Oh c'mon, that's just pathetic! Even Evolution's own summary is trying to distance itself from the movie! Z Edition indeed..

Super Sonic
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Super Sonic » Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:51 am

Sometimes in some dvd descripstions, they get the plot wrong, or confuse it with something else.
Chuquita wrote:I definitely prefer that description as to what actually transpired. :lol:

Also have distanced myself from the movie. Trying to forget about Chatku, mostly. I still have a tiny bit of curiosity as to what Haruhi!Bulma and Ussop!Chatku sound like though. That isn't even on the US release of the dvd so I wouldn't be able to hear them anyway.
Haruhi Bulma? Did you want her to play Bulma or what? Because in live action, she's a little old to play Bulma physically since she's like 50.

Herms
Kanzenshuu Admin Emeritus

Post by Herms » Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:04 am

Super Sonic wrote: Haruhi Bulma? Did you want her to play Bulma or what? Because in live action, she's a little old to play Bulma physically since she's like 50.
The Japanese voice actress who plays Haruhi provided the voice for Bulma in the Japanese dub of DBE.
Kanzenshuu: Is that place still around?
Sometimes, I tweet things
We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

Super Sonic
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Super Sonic » Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:12 am

Herms wrote:
Super Sonic wrote: Haruhi Bulma? Did you want her to play Bulma or what? Because in live action, she's a little old to play Bulma physically since she's like 50.
The Japanese voice actress who plays Haruhi provided the voice for Bulma in the Japanese dub of DBE.
Oh, ok. When I think of Haruhi, I instantly think Wendee Lee.

jda95
Advanced Regular

Post by jda95 » Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:12 am

Super Sonic wrote:Haruhi Bulma? Did you want her to play Bulma or what? Because in live action, she's a little old to play Bulma physically since she's like 50.
She is 22.....

Super Sonic
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Super Sonic » Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:38 pm

jda95 wrote:
Super Sonic wrote:Haruhi Bulma? Did you want her to play Bulma or what? Because in live action, she's a little old to play Bulma physically since she's like 50.
She is 22.....
Wendee Lee ain't 22.

B
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by B » Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:34 pm

Super Sonic wrote:
jda95 wrote:
She is 22.....
Wendee Lee ain't 22.
He's talking about Aya Hirano.
Keen Observation of Dragon Ball Z Movie 4's Climax wrote:Slug shits to see the genki

SaiyamanMS
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaiyamanMS » Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:23 pm

Super Sonic wrote:Sometimes in some dvd descripstions, they get the plot wrong, or confuse it with something else.
Not Dragon Ball related, but...

Pokémon 4Ever

Meet the newest Pokemon, Celebi, who has the power to travel through time. Vicious, the future descendant of James and Jessie of Team Rocket, travels back in time to wreak havoc, and it's up to young Ash, Pikachu, and friends to stop him. Along the way, Ash continues to mature into the unstoppable Pokemon trainer he will become in the future.

Vicious isn't the descendant of Jessie and James, heck he isn't even from the future. The only human time traveller in the film is Sammy Oak from 40 years in the past. Also, it's a dub-only release, "Vicious" is the villain's Japanese name, he's "The Iron Masked Marauder" in the dub.

And I am also interested in seeing Haruhi!Bulma and Usopp!Chatku.

Super Sonic
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Super Sonic » Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:29 pm

SaiyamanMS wrote:
Super Sonic wrote:Sometimes in some dvd descripstions, they get the plot wrong, or confuse it with something else.
Not Dragon Ball related, but...

Pokémon 4Ever

Meet the newest Pokemon, Celebi, who has the power to travel through time. Vicious, the future descendant of James and Jessie of Team Rocket, travels back in time to wreak havoc, and it's up to young Ash, Pikachu, and friends to stop him. Along the way, Ash continues to mature into the unstoppable Pokemon trainer he will become in the future.

Vicious isn't the descendant of Jessie and James, heck he isn't even from the future. The only human time traveller in the film is Sammy Oak from 40 years in the past. Also, it's a dub-only release, "Vicious" is the villain's Japanese name, he's "The Iron Masked Marauder" in the dub.
I remember hearing about that. Thought it was weird it wasn't mentioned when the movie came out. Heck, I just looked at his Bulbapedia article and it mentions that mistake. Blow to the Rocketshippers though. Heh heh.