Kai Taking a Break/Switching Timeslots in Spring 2010?

Discussion specifically regarding the "refreshed" TV version of DBZ created in Japan for its 20th anniversary, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:41 am

MCDaveG wrote:
Chuquita wrote:Gonna wait for confirmation on this one. Kai's been high up in the ratings ever since it began; I can't see them pulling the plug or moving it around at this point in time.

If Kai were to end in April, that'd only give it about 52 episodes. At the current "usually compresses 2 to 3 Z episodes per week" rate it's going at now, that would mean Kai would probably finish at the end of the Freeza arc. :?: The Z Freeza arc itself ends at episode 107, so that wouldn't be much of a stretch, but...I dunno, it's DB, wouldn't Toei want to milk Kai all they could and get through Cell and Buu too?
Impossible, there was some mistake on Fuji TV and somebody leaked the scene with Imperfect Cell from Kai in some anime episode.....

Kei17 recorded it, so this is confirmation that Kai won't end after Freeza saga
I'd find that weird, as they've never been far ahead on the "production" before the airing of new episodes. Feel free to bring proof, however.

Kendamu
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kendamu » Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:47 pm

If there were any truth to it all, it would make a bit of sense considering that DBZ's 20th Anniversary was this year and the time Kai would end would be around the time DBZ turns 21... meaning it wouldn't be DBZ's 20th Anniversary anymore.

I would like to see Kai continue, though. The Jinzouningen and Buu arcs reall need the condensing.
(they/she)

My Martial Arts Website -- https://mybudo.carrd.co

Herms
Kanzenshuu Admin Emeritus

Post by Herms » Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:56 pm

MCDaveG wrote:Impossible, there was some mistake on Fuji TV and somebody leaked the scene with Imperfect Cell from Kai in some anime episode.....

Kei17 recorded it, so this is confirmation that Kai won't end after Freeza saga
Eh...are you thinking of Kei17's thread on how taped videos of the original broadcast of the imperfect Cell-era Z episodes had much better audio than the DragonBox? Because that had nothing to do with Kai.
Kanzenshuu: Is that place still around?
Sometimes, I tweet things
We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

KaiserNeko
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by KaiserNeko » Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:12 pm

Look, let me just clear it up right now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XaoLJ7ulCx8

This is the clip he's thinking of. The mistake he's made is thinking that it's real... when it's from a guy who regularly, takes out background music and replaces it with others. ;3 It's fake.
Check out TeamFourStar's DragonBall Z Abridged:
http://teamfourstar.com/

Khalid Shahin
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Khalid Shahin » Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:24 pm

KaiserNeko wrote:Look, let me just clear it up right now.

This is the clip he's thinking of. The mistake he's made is thinking that it's real... when it's from a guy who regularly, takes out background music and replaces it with others. ;3 It's fake.
That video was pretty cool, but obviously it's fake due to the fact that they wouldn't misair something like that, and because the animators are not that far ahead. Also the tags for the video he admit he faked it. The video was interesting with the new music though. We need the guy who is working on Dragon Ball Kai in the Philippines right now to confirm or deny it ending at the Freeza saga.

Hujio
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by Hujio » Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:30 pm

Wow, that's a really bad fake, in my opinion. The clock and analog text at the top are so clear, along with the edges of the cropping on the top and bottom, yet the sides are all blurry... And clock doesn't even match what Fuji TV usually uses. I also loved reading the excuse about where it came from. It really would have better if the guy would have just said "This is what Kai will probably look like when Cell shows up". Then I'd have no issue. But lying about it, really?! What's the point? That's what the community needs; more deception. At least it's not from a reputable company this time.

Anyway, I really hope they do the whole series. In hindsight though, knowing myself and how much of a completeness whore I am, I'd probably buy the whole damn series. So if they do stop after the Freeza arc, which would totally go against the manga and the whole premise of the series, then I'd at least save some money.

Overall, this whole time slot change thing really has no validity and is shrouded in pure speculation. So I guess I'll have to add to it, solely based on my experience. I don't foresee them ever moving the series from its current time slot, unless One Piece moves with it. However, what I want and think may be something entirely different from what Fuji TV will actually do.
:: [| Heath "Hujio" Cutler |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu |] - [| Twitter |] ::

Captain Awesome
Patreon Supporter

Post by Captain Awesome » Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:52 pm

Hujio wrote:It really would have better if the guy would have just said "This is what Kai will probably look like when Cell shows up". Then I'd have no issue. But lying about it, really?! What's the point?
If you look at the tags in the description they actually read "this is fake lol".

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:00 am

Thanks, that's what I meant
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88