The Forgotten Brother

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

El_Diablo
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by El_Diablo » Tue Oct 18, 2005 1:34 pm

Burdock and Seripa (and the others) are linked with a "buka" (subordinate) line
Where's the beef?

Chibi Mystic Gohan
I Live Here

Post by Chibi Mystic Gohan » Wed Oct 19, 2005 3:24 pm

That is a terrible picture of Raditz.
Just had to say that.

h3ndrix2005
Beyond Newbie

Post by h3ndrix2005 » Thu Oct 20, 2005 11:09 am

Maybe it's because of the perspective/pov. Or, it could be because the art was from early dbz; before Toriyama's art matured. IMO, I think it was just a product of the inconsistencies of the Anime's many different animators. But, it's no big deal, so whatever.

Tsukento
I Live Here

Post by Tsukento » Thu Oct 20, 2005 11:37 pm

Duo wrote:The idea that you have to have a "pure heart" to make one is some kind of mistranslation or Filler too, from what I can tell, because it is not mentioned anywhere I can find in the Manga.
People probably confused the being able to bounce the Genki Dama back if you have no evil in you with creating the Genki Dama.
Conan: Never quote Beckette as canon. It would be like quoting Pojo's, only worse. Also, don't take video games as canon. Each game differs from the other in attempts to make up for losses and make the game more enjoyable.
Really? I thought Pojo's very first book was rather informative and certainly more accurate and better designed than Beckett's stuff. Namely cause they used the original Japanese sources, while Beckett's about the dub and such. >_>;

Duo
I Live Here

Post by Duo » Fri Oct 21, 2005 9:02 am

Tsekento wrote:People probably confused the being able to bounce the Genki Dama back if you have no evil in you with creating the Genki Dama.
I'm gonna go ahead and agree with you on that, unless someone else reveals something huge and overlooked.

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Fri Oct 21, 2005 1:43 pm

Tsukento wrote:
Conan: Never quote Beckette as canon. It would be like quoting Pojo's, only worse. Also, don't take video games as canon. Each game differs from the other in attempts to make up for losses and make the game more enjoyable.
Really? I thought Pojo's very first book was rather informative and certainly more accurate and better designed than Beckett's stuff. Namely cause they used the original Japanese sources, while Beckett's about the dub and such. >_>;
Exactly my point. Pojo's is based off its fansite. Sure it was a well-enough researched site, but much was second-hand from PN and the Grand Line. Would you consider PN or The Grand Line as DB canon? No, of course not. Now Beckett is simply a dub equivalent of Pojo's.
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Fri Oct 21, 2005 10:43 pm

Pojo used to be cool before he sold out.

I would love someone to death if they could provide that full page from which that family tree is from.
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Fri Oct 21, 2005 11:07 pm

The S wrote:I would love someone to death if they could provide that full page from which that family tree is from.
http://www.eden.rutgers.edu/~vegex/misc ... oldout.jpg

Apologies for the kinda shitty scan. It's (obviously) a three-page foldout, plus Meri's scanner kinda sucks. I'm not going to keep this up for long, because I'd prefer not seeing my stuff end up on tons of other sites in the coming days :).
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

omae no kaasan
OMG ULTIMATE DBZ INF0RZ D00D

Post by omae no kaasan » Fri Oct 21, 2005 11:27 pm

I thought Pojo's very first book was rather informative and certainly more accurate and better designed than Beckett's stuff.
*clears throat*

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Fri Oct 21, 2005 11:31 pm

Tsukento wrote:I thought Pojo's very first book was rather informative and certainly more accurate and better designed than Beckett's stuff.
I thought they all sucked...
omae no kaasan wrote:*clears throat*
... hard :).

*kicks topic back on*
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Sat Oct 22, 2005 12:35 pm

VegettoEX wrote:
The S wrote:I would love someone to death if they could provide that full page from which that family tree is from.
http://www.eden.rutgers.edu/~vegex/misc ... oldout.jpg

Apologies for the kinda shitty scan. It's (obviously) a three-page foldout, plus Meri's scanner kinda sucks. I'm not going to keep this up for long, because I'd prefer not seeing my stuff end up on tons of other sites in the coming days :).
I would love someone to death if they could scanslate what's in the blue-lined box (the relation-grid). :P
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Sat Oct 22, 2005 12:47 pm

Dayspring wrote:I would love someone to death if they could scanslate what's in the blue-lined box (the relation-grid). :P
From what I remember, it's just all nonsense, basic talk. Nothing of any importance. Like, "Tullece is a Saiya-jin".

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Sun Oct 23, 2005 1:00 am

(VegettoEX's Godhood increases by +70)

I so need to get my hands on some Daizenshuu...
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Sun Oct 23, 2005 9:03 am

The S wrote:(VegettoEX's Godhood increases by +70)

It's actually from the DBZ movie 7 color tankôbon.

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Sun Oct 23, 2005 1:05 pm

VegettoEX wrote:
The S wrote:(VegettoEX's Godhood increases by +70)

(Movie 7 or movie 8?)

Really? I just figured it was only the screencap-manga in those and nothing else. Makes me want them now. :P

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Sun Oct 23, 2005 2:15 pm

Okay then, let me rephrase that. I need to get my hands on more tankobon than Movie 11.

I was wondering why the entire right side of the page was based on Broly's first movie...

Wait, wasn't Movie 7 the Androids?

Dominator
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Dominator » Sun Oct 23, 2005 2:47 pm

Ever noticed how Raditz prides himself in being a Saiyan, despite that Nappa and Vegeta secretly despised him and his father was practically a scumbag. Even if the games don't exactly relate to the series, Bardock doesn't seem very fond of Raditz, and just listen to Raditz's victory quote "father..." just the way he says it...
[url=http://www.freewebs.com/vendavaleste/]Carrion - The Dominator Fansite[/url]

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Sun Oct 23, 2005 2:51 pm

Yep, the book is for movie 7. It came out in 1993; movie 8 came out that March. Probably hyping up the next movie.

desirecampbell

Post by desirecampbell » Sun Oct 23, 2005 5:28 pm

This may be obvious, but the fact that Raditz doesn't look much like Bardock, while Goku looks exactly like him could be explained simply as a genetic quirk for either the Saiyan race or just Bardock's family. Just look at Gohan and Goten. The first son never looked that much like Goku while the second son was a spitting image (at least when he was young).

Of course, Vegeta looks quite similar to King Vegeta and there's no evidence that he's the second son.

MyVisionity
Banned

Post by MyVisionity » Sun Oct 23, 2005 6:15 pm

DesireCampbell wrote:This may be obvious, but the fact that Raditz doesn't look much like Bardock, while Goku looks exactly like him could be explained simply as a genetic quirk for either the Saiyan race or just Bardock's family. Just look at Gohan and Goten. The first son never looked that much like Goku while the second son was a spitting image (at least when he was young).
Yeah but you have to remember that Goku's kids were half-breeds, while Raditz was pure Saiyajin.