Cosmos Structure?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

desirecampbell

Cosmos Structure?

Post by desirecampbell » Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:08 pm

I was just wondering if anyone had any Daizenshuu explaining the structure of the cosmos (the mortal univers, the afterlife, etc..). I've had a terrible time trying to figure it out, I just keep getting conflicting info.

From what I've gathered it should be something like this...
...but I'm stilll not sure.

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:49 pm

I don't think I've seen that image, but it does look like the one I've seen. I'll see if I can find it somewhere...
Avys ~ DA account ~ Fanfiction ~ Chat Quotes
<Kaboom> I'm just glad that he now sounds more like Invader Zim than Rita Repulsa
<Xyex> Original Freeza never sounded like a chick to me.
<Kaboom> Neither does Rita
<Xyex> Good point.

DBW
Regular

Post by DBW » Tue Oct 25, 2005 2:36 pm

I don't remember the sun being inside the Heavens, but I could be wrong (too lazy to find the original picture). Everything else seems to be right, though.
The complete DragonBall archive...Believe.
www.kanzentai.com

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Tue Oct 25, 2005 5:37 pm

DBW wrote:I don't remember the sun being inside the Heavens, but I could be wrong (too lazy to find the original picture). Everything else seems to be right, though.
I think that's the after-life's sun. Not the one for the rest of us. And, IIRC, there's other things wrong as well. Supreme Kai's world should be inside with the rest, and I believe the 4 Galaxies are around Otherworld... still looking for the image.
Avys ~ DA account ~ Fanfiction ~ Chat Quotes
<Kaboom> I'm just glad that he now sounds more like Invader Zim than Rita Repulsa
<Xyex> Original Freeza never sounded like a chick to me.
<Kaboom> Neither does Rita
<Xyex> Good point.

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Tue Oct 25, 2005 6:42 pm

"Maikai," the realm of demons where Dabra is from, is missing from the diagram. It's situated underneath the mortal universe.

Also, technically the Gand Kaio's and non-North Kaio's planets are unknown, though its easy to figure out that you probably labelled them correctly (info on Enma's says that it's equally spaced between the four Kaios and the Grand Kaio has his own planet).
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.

Sun_Wukong
I Live Here

Post by Sun_Wukong » Tue Oct 25, 2005 6:58 pm

There's a picture just like that in one of the Daizenshuus. If I can find it, Ill scan it.

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Tue Oct 25, 2005 8:43 pm

Sun_Wukong wrote:There's a picture just like that in one of the Daizenshuus. If I can find it, Ill scan it.
It's in Daizenshuu 7. I'd scan it, but it's too small in mine, and I can't work my scanner. :P
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.

DBW
Regular

Post by DBW » Tue Oct 25, 2005 9:43 pm

Dayspring wrote:
Sun_Wukong wrote:There's a picture just like that in one of the Daizenshuus. If I can find it, Ill scan it.
It's in Daizenshuu 7. I'd scan it, but it's too small in mine, and I can't work my scanner. :P
I think it was also in one of the new manga or anime guides (don't remember which one, and I can't check 'cause I'm not at home right now...).
The complete DragonBall archive...Believe.
www.kanzentai.com

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Tue Oct 25, 2005 9:48 pm

DBW wrote:
Dayspring wrote:
I think it was also in one of the new manga or anime guides (don't remember which one, and I can't check 'cause I'm not at home right now...).
I remember seeing a pic of this not too long ago that was in excellent quality. Maybe the new guides or Kanzentai's version was bigger, as the Daizenshuu 7 version is so small that they have to use an arrow system to point at the sections.

Chaos Saiyajin
Advanced Regular

Post by Chaos Saiyajin » Tue Oct 25, 2005 11:06 pm

Is that Earth above Heaven? I've also alway wondered if snake way splits into different directions that lead to the other Kaio's planets. The after life having it's own sun? :? That's kind weird...
I really, really need to get back into the habit of posting.

Post by Guest » Wed Oct 26, 2005 2:57 am

Hey everybody, I'll try to reply separately and clear up some confusion.
Xyex wrote:I don't think I've seen that image, but it does look like the one I've seen. I'll see if I can find it somewhere...
Yeah, it took me a week to make that image (including research) I based it off of a daizenshuu scan i saw on dbgtn.com (see here) and what looks like a doodle (see here).
Dayspring wrote:"Maikai," the realm of demons where Dabra is from, is missing from the diagram. It's situated underneath the mortal universe.

Also, technically the Gand Kaio's and non-North Kaio's planets are unknown, though its easy to figure out that you probably labelled them correctly (info on Enma's says that it's equally spaced between the four Kaios and the Grand Kaio has his own planet).
Awesome, I'll add Maikai :D thanks man.
But what's this about King Kai and Grand Kai's planets being 'unknown'?
Chaos Saiyajin wrote:Is that Earth above Heaven? I've also alway wondered if snake way splits into different directions that lead to the other Kaio's planets. The after life having it's own sun? :? That's kind weird...
My image is almost totally traced off of those two images (see above) - and I'm pretty sure nothing is to scale :P

EDIT:
Oh, a little off topic, but I had to make a new account because my old one won't let me view the page(weird error, I don't what the deal is) :( if anyone know what to do about it PM me, thanks.

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Wed Oct 26, 2005 6:11 am

Toriyama's doodle's actually better clearer than what's in daizenshuu 7. :P

The one in dai-7 didn't label South, East, West and Grand Kai's planet, which is why I said only technically did we not know which was which. But as I said, it doesn't take a genious given the info we have.

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Wed Oct 26, 2005 6:57 am

I thought I'd scan and upload the diagram of the cosmos that I have in my copy of the DBZ Saiyan Saga Roleplaying Book. The layout is a little similar to the one that DesireCampbell posted.

http://photobucket.com/albums/v176/Jers ... rworld.jpg
Jerseymilk: "Can I tell you something?"
B-kun: "What?"
Jerseymilk: "I see Fangirls."

desirecampbell

Post by desirecampbell » Wed Oct 26, 2005 8:21 pm

Jerseymilk wrote:I thought I'd scan and upload the diagram of the cosmos that I have in my copy of the DBZ Saiyan Saga Roleplaying Book. The layout is a little similar to the one that DesireCampbell posted.

http://photobucket.com/albums/v176/Jers ... rworld.jpg
Ha ha, I have that book, that diagram is terrible. :P
Dayspring wrote:"Maikai," the realm of demons where Dabra is from, is missing from the diagram. It's situated underneath the mortal universe.
Like this? A closed off portion of the bottom of the, um, bowl?
Or something different?

Entropy

Post by Entropy » Wed Oct 26, 2005 8:50 pm

If it's any help here is the diagram from the Landmark book:

http://homepage.eircom.net/~dragonballZ/Cosmology.jpg

h3ndrix2005
Beyond Newbie

Post by h3ndrix2005 » Wed Oct 26, 2005 9:24 pm

I actually had to tilt my head for that.

Tenka-Ichi
Beyond Newbie

Post by Tenka-Ichi » Thu Oct 27, 2005 12:11 am

So did I... and now my neck hurts :cry:

Anyway, other than that I think it's a good representation of the DB universe (except they forgot maikai, and to name the other kaious' planets, and possibly some other stuff), so I went ahead and rotated it 90°, just so no one else has to tilt their head and break thier neck to view the picture :P .

Entropy

Post by Entropy » Thu Oct 27, 2005 10:05 am

Tenka-Ichi wrote:So did I... and now my neck hurts :cry:

Anyway, other than that I think it's a good representation of the DB universe (except they forgot maikai, and to name the other kaious' planets, and possibly some other stuff), so I went ahead and rotated it 90°, just so no one else has to tilt their head and break thier neck to view the picture :P .
Woops!, sorry about that.
Thanks for changing it around.

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Thu Oct 27, 2005 10:10 am

Anyway, other than that I think it's a good representation of the DB universe (except they forgot maikai, and to name the other kaious' planets, and possibly some other stuff).
I disagree. Those are some pretty important things to forget when doing a cosmology, let alone the fact that they drew the planet locations in such a manner that the DB quadrant of the northern galaxy makes up the entire universe.

desirecampbell

Post by desirecampbell » Thu Oct 27, 2005 6:04 pm

Dayspring wrote:

Anyway, other than that I think it's a good representation of the DB universe (except they forgot maikai, and to name the other kaious' planets, and possibly some other stuff).
I disagree. Those are some pretty important things to forget when doing a cosmology, let alone the fact that they drew the planet locations in such a manner that the DB quadrant of the northern galaxy makes up the entire universe.
True, it's definitly flawed, but every one I've seen so far is. I've never seen one with Maikai in it (by-the-way how'd it look up there?) and at least that one's better than this