Cosmos Structure?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Thu Oct 27, 2005 6:45 pm

I don't know. Maikai isn't shown; it's simply pointed to where the "pillar" meets the cosmos-orb. Could the pillar be Maikai? Also, bring back the image of Kaioshinkai/sei + suns therein.

If I were you, I'd take your original pic and change the quadrant of the universe below that mist to Maikai. Speaking of the mist, what is it? It's in the daizenshuu too.
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.

desirecampbell

Post by desirecampbell » Thu Oct 27, 2005 8:21 pm

Dayspring wrote:I don't know. Maikai isn't shown; it's simply pointed to where the "pillar" meets the cosmos-orb. Could the pillar be Maikai? Also, bring back the image of Kaioshinkai/sei + suns therein.

If I were you, I'd take your original pic and change the quadrant of the universe below that mist to Maikai. Speaking of the mist, what is it? It's in the daizenshuu too.
What mist? do you mean the universe? That black, speckled stuff? That's the entire universe: the four galaxies and beyond. Everything has to be infinitely small to fit inside the bowl.

Oh, and the image is all photoshop - Kaioshin Kai's on another layer. I just took it off so you could see Maikai. I'll edit this post in a few minutes to put up the new image. :)

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Thu Oct 27, 2005 8:26 pm

I meant that ring around the cosmos-sphere in your first pic. It's misty, but what is it? Anybody know?
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.

desirecampbell

Post by desirecampbell » Thu Oct 27, 2005 9:00 pm

That's the new image (the one at the first post prbably changed too). It's a little hard to see but Maikai is inside the 'spire' or whatever at the bottom.

Here's a few more images to see stuff better:
cut-front (labeled)
cut-front (not labeled)
full-front (labeled)
full-front (not labeled)
no front (labeled)
no front (not labeled)
And the whole PhotoShop file (4.6 MB)
Anoyo

Oh, that 'mist thing' is Kaioshin Kai's orbit - I tried :oops:

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Thu Oct 27, 2005 9:22 pm

Don't worry about the orbit: you gt it identically to the original, I just never clued in as to what it was. :lol:

Might I suggest making the cut-front segment bigger? My favorite is the no-front, but then you don't know it's behind that orange part of the sphere. The front seems comprised of four quadrants: left, leftern middle, right-middle, and right, where the cut-front shows what's in the leftern middle. I suggest making a cut-front consisting of the two middle quadrants.

desirecampbell

Post by desirecampbell » Thu Oct 27, 2005 9:57 pm

Dayspring wrote:Don't worry about the orbit: you gt it identically to the original, I just never clued in as to what it was. :lol:

Might I suggest making the cut-front segment bigger? My favorite is the no-front, but then you don't know it's behind that orange part of the sphere. The front seems comprised of four quadrants: left, leftern middle, right-middle, and right, where the cut-front shows what's in the leftern middle. I suggest making a cut-front consisting of the two middle quadrants.
Well, the cut-front view is the default view so I wanted to make sure it was clear that the entire thing was enclosed. I don't think making the cutout bigger would help. I'm worried about cutting too much off the front, it might take away from the idea that it's a round bowl or that there's a glass (or whatever) dome over the top of it. If it's neccessary to see what's inside then that's what the 'no front' images are for. And if somebody nees even more specialization, there's always that photoshop file. :P

Plus, doing that cut-out was a lot more work than it looks - and I'm way too lazy to change it now 8)

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Thu Oct 27, 2005 10:33 pm

"Maikai"? I may be wrong, but shouldn't it be "Makai" (Demon World)? Or maybe it's just oodles of Japanese mythology leaking into my DBZ knowledge...
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Fri Oct 28, 2005 12:06 am

So... what's outside the sphere? :shock:

desirecampbell

Post by desirecampbell » Fri Oct 28, 2005 12:09 am

Rocketman wrote:So... what's outside the sphere? :shock:
Seriously, I try hard not to think about that.

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Fri Oct 28, 2005 1:08 am

Heh. Ab-so-lute-ly nothing. Well, no. There's not even nothing. It could even be possible that, if you reach the edge of the sphere you simply appear on the opposite side again (infinte space via looping). Or, other realities. There could be hundreds of universes out there. I mean, since the DB universe is all of 4 Galaxies in size... it's not like it takes up much room. XD
Avys ~ DA account ~ Fanfiction ~ Chat Quotes
<Kaboom> I'm just glad that he now sounds more like Invader Zim than Rita Repulsa
<Xyex> Original Freeza never sounded like a chick to me.
<Kaboom> Neither does Rita
<Xyex> Good point.

desirecampbell

Post by desirecampbell » Fri Oct 28, 2005 1:13 am

Xyex wrote:
Heh. Ab-so-lute-ly nothing. Well, no. There's not even nothing. It could even be possible that, if you reach the edge of the sphere you simply appear on the opposite side again (infinte space via looping). Or, other realities. There could be hundreds of universes out there. I mean, since the DB universe is all of 4 Galaxies in size... it's not like it takes up much room. XD
"Only four galaxies", yeah that's just a weekend thing for me and te missus - holy handgrenades, there's so much crammed into theat bowl already I don't want to think about what's outside there.

The answer is, obviously, a hat.

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Fri Oct 28, 2005 6:42 am

The S wrote:"Maikai"? I may be wrong, but shouldn't it be "Makai" (Demon World)? Or maybe it's just oodles of Japanese mythology leaking into my DBZ knowledge...
I might be spelling it wrong. I'll check later today. There were three things relating to the same location, two of which said "also check Ma/Maikai".

desirecampbell

Post by desirecampbell » Fri Oct 28, 2005 1:17 pm

The S wrote:"Maikai"? I may be wrong, but shouldn't it be "Makai" (Demon World)? Or maybe it's just oodles of Japanese mythology leaking into my DBZ knowledge...
Aw, crap. Now I have to go back and re-do it. Then save it six times.

But that does sound right, 'Ma" is evil or demonic and "Kai" is world (I think). But just because I'm lazy, I'll wait for Dayspring to verify.

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Sat Oct 29, 2005 1:14 pm

desirecampbell wrote:
Aw, crap. Now I have to go back and re-do it. Then save it six times.

But that does sound right, 'Ma" is evil or demonic and "Kai" is world (I think). But just because I'm lazy, I'll wait for Dayspring to verify.
Wait, people are relying on me to do work?! I think I need to take a break from DB. :shock:

Anyhoo: answer was indeed Makai.

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Sat Oct 29, 2005 10:32 pm

The S's uber-mythology knowledge comes to the rescue once more!
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Sun Oct 30, 2005 12:21 am

The S wrote:The S's uber-mythology knowledge comes to the rescue once more!
Dude, I simply misread it and mixed up Ma with "Mai". :P

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Sun Oct 30, 2005 11:08 pm

...your point? I figured that. That's why I asked if it was really Makai, because Maikai didn't sound right when dealing with the Demon World...