TV SERIES VOLUME # 33b?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Tanooki Kuribo
I Live Here

TV SERIES VOLUME # 33b?

Post by Tanooki Kuribo » Mon Oct 31, 2005 4:54 pm

Why is there a reserved space for this DVD in the DVD guide? I don't think this is comming out, theres no need for it other then the fixed subtitles, I don't think FUNimation cares. Was it ever mentioned?

lost in thought
Advanced Regular

Post by lost in thought » Mon Oct 31, 2005 5:49 pm

Well, if you look below it at "Trunks - Mysterious Youth", then you'll note that there are two listings. I am not sure why, but they re-issued it, and likely they re-issued both, and Mike just hasn't gotten around to updating the cover art. (If you'll note the release was in 2000.)

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Re: TV SERIES VOLUME # 33b?

Post by VegettoEX » Mon Oct 31, 2005 6:44 pm

Tanooki Kuribo wrote:Why is there a reserved space for this DVD in the DVD guide? I don't think this is comming out, theres no need for it other then the fixed subtitles, I don't think FUNimation cares. Was it ever mentioned?
It *did* come out; I just don't own that particular fixed disc, so I don't have the cover-art. And as far as I know, no-one ever sent me the updated cover-art for it. It's not so much "updated" as it is the exact same cover but with that splash at the bottom much smaller (just as the other disc has it).
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Slickmasterfunk
Regular

Re: TV SERIES VOLUME # 33b?

Post by Slickmasterfunk » Mon Oct 31, 2005 6:53 pm

VegettoEX wrote:It *did* come out; I just don't own that particular fixed disc, so I don't have the cover-art. And as far as I know, no-one ever sent me the updated cover-art for it. It's not so much "updated" as it is the exact same cover but with that splash at the bottom much smaller (just as the other disc has it).
I think I have that disc. I can scan the cover for you if you want.

dragonbox2006
Banned

Post by dragonbox2006 » Tue Nov 01, 2005 9:16 am

that re-issue disc comes with more episodes.
(You need a scan ... I have it also)

- the old version does not have enough eps to fill the gap between the next DVD. (missing 1 or 2 eps, i think)

Slickmasterfunk
Regular

Post by Slickmasterfunk » Tue Nov 01, 2005 10:40 am

dragonbox2006 wrote:that re-issue disc comes with more episodes.

- the old version does not have enough eps to fill the gap between the next DVD. (missing 1 or 2 eps, i think)
No, the next disc, "Prelude to Terror" is the one with the 2 extra episodes. Both releases of "Mysterious Youth" have the same 3 episodes.

Conan the SSJ
I Live Here

Post by Conan the SSJ » Wed Nov 02, 2005 1:47 am

Dragonbox, you have been warned THOUSANDS of times not to post your spelling like that, why on Earth do you persist!? EX, you gonna let this guy test you so much?
14 years later

Magnaboss
Banned

Post by Magnaboss » Wed Nov 02, 2005 2:35 am

Conan the SSJ wrote:

Dragonbox, you have been warned THOUSANDS of times not to post your spelling like that, why on Earth do you persist!? EX, you gonna let this guy test you so much?
Backseat Moderation :roll:

Jord
Advanced Regular

Post by Jord » Wed Nov 02, 2005 10:51 am

Conan the SSJ wrote:

People who ask for warnings for others, should be warned/banned themselves.

Anyway, does anyone know why they released a 'bad' version in the first place? You would imagine that funi counts ahead when deciding what goes on which DVD.

Duo
I Live Here

Post by Duo » Wed Nov 02, 2005 3:41 pm

No, even that is giving them too much credit.

Conan the SSJ
I Live Here

Post by Conan the SSJ » Wed Nov 02, 2005 9:33 pm

Jord wrote:
Conan the SSJ wrote:

People who ask for warnings for others, should be warned/banned themselves.
You're saying I should be possibly banned for merely suggesting that EX be more enforcing with Dragonbox? Excuse me for pointing out a guy who refuses to type right after being warned countless times to do otherwise.
14 years later

desirecampbell

Post by desirecampbell » Wed Nov 02, 2005 9:39 pm

Conan the SSJ wrote:You're saying I should be possibly banned for merely suggesting that EX be more enforcing with Dragonbox? Excuse me for pointing out a guy who refuses to type right after being warned countless times to do otherwise.
I think he means that if you have a problem with some one, PM them about it and then PM Mike. Posting something like that (with such an air of authority) is childish at best.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Wed Nov 02, 2005 10:04 pm

What I hate more than moderation by non-administrators is debates over who should be doing the moderation by non-administrators.

Why hasn't anyone taken the hint?

dragonbox2006, quite honestly, I don't know why I've allowed you to stay. I'm just going to boot you if I see one more asininely-written post, no questions asked, no further comments.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Magnaboss
Banned

Post by Magnaboss » Wed Nov 02, 2005 10:05 pm

Conan the SSJ wrote:You're saying I should be possibly banned for merely suggesting that EX be more enforcing with Dragonbox? Excuse me for pointing out a guy who refuses to type right after being warned countless times to do otherwise.
"We've found a witch, may we burn her?"

(Real Message: if he can't get it through his head from Moderators, Admin and a fairly public warning, what makes you think you're going to make it any better?)