V-Jump, Baby Janemba and... Toyotarou = Toyble?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

macho_man
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

V-Jump, Baby Janemba and... Toyotarou = Toyble?

Post by macho_man » Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:31 am

Quoting DragonNews site:
Treevax has posted scans of the latest V-jump issue on his Facebook page. Remarkably, it features a new two-page manga of Dragon Ball Heroes, drawn by a new artist, Toyotarou, who's style resembles Toyble's. It centers around the hero, who's name is "Beat", that fights Baby Janemba. The story will apparantly be continuing in the next issue. Follow the links below!
Maybe someone could translate it... (Herms??)
And... don't you think it's Toyble? I hope so, it would be a dream become reality!
ImageImage
Last edited by macho_man on Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:22 am, edited 2 times in total.

caejones
I Live Here

Re: V-Jump, BabyJanemba and... Tadayoshi Yamamuro = Toyble?

Post by caejones » Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:52 am

Well, keep in mind that Toyble seems to use a lot of tracing, so stylistic similarities are to be expected.
Dr Gero, in Budokai 2 wrote:Go, my Saiba Rangers!
Akira Toriyama, in Son Goku Densetsu wrote:You really can’t go by rumors (laughs).

kei17
I Live Here

Post by kei17 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:11 am

What in the world are you talking about?? :| The first page says that the artist is "Toyotarou", who's NOT Yamamuro at all. Toyble's style doesn't resemble Yamamuro's anyway.
Last edited by kei17 on Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:17 am

Is there any translation of this?
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

macho_man
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: V-Jump, BabyJanemba and... Toyotarou = Toyble?

Post by macho_man » Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:18 am

kei17 wrote:What in the world are you talking about?? :| The first page says that the artist is "Toyotarou", who's NOT Yamamuro at all.
Toyotarou? Well, I couldn't read japanese at all, so I just quoted DragonNews.
So this new artist succeeded Naho regarding new publications, and his lineart... (TOYotarou = TOYwarble) could it be?
Just waiting for a tranlation in order to scanlate it :-)

kei17
I Live Here

Re: V-Jump, Baby Janemba and... Toyotarou = Toyble?

Post by kei17 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:29 am

Aside from Yamamuro, I'm 99% sure that this Toyotarou is Toyble we know.

macho_man
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by macho_man » Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:35 am

kei17 wrote:Aside from Yamamuro, I'm 99% sure that this Toyotarou is Toyble we know.
Yeeeh, it's the kind of information I would like to read! :')

Raykugen
Regular

Post by Raykugen » Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:37 am

caejones wrote:Well, keep in mind that Toyble seems to use a lot of tracing, so stylistic similarities are to be expected.
That was six years ago, he doesn't do that anymore
Do you want NEW GENERATION DRAGON BALL (Z, GT..) IMAGES? In HQ? Of all characters? Click here: http://daizex.fanboyreview.net/viewtopic.php?t=17178
My Deviantart: http://raykugen.deviantart.com/
Dragon Ball Characters Project Deviantart: http://dbcproject.deviantart.com/

Super Sayian Prime
I Live Here

Re: V-Jump, BabyJanemba and... Toyotarou = Toyble?

Post by Super Sayian Prime » Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:52 pm

macho_man wrote:
kei17 wrote:What in the world are you talking about?? :| The first page says that the artist is "Toyotarou", who's NOT Yamamuro at all.
Toyotarou? Well, I couldn't read japanese at all, so I just quoted DragonNews.
So this new artist succeeded Naho regarding new publications, and his lineart... (TOYotarou = TOYwarble) could it be?
Just waiting for a tranlation in order to scanlate it :-)
I guess they'll stick with Naho for the cutesy looking stuff like Dragon Ball SD.
"I like the money it brings in, but Dragon Ball Heroes is the worst. That's actually the real reason I decided to start working on new material. I was afraid Bandai would make something irredeemably stupid like Super Saiyan 4 Broly." - Akira Toriyama, made up interview, 2013.

desirecampbell

Post by desirecampbell » Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:59 pm

kei17 wrote:What in the world are you talking about?? :| The first page says that the artist is "Toyotarou", who's NOT Yamamuro at all. Toyble's style doesn't resemble Yamamuro's anyway.
That's pretty interesting. :)

I'd love to typeset a translation onto those pages, but I've been working 12-hour shifts, overnight, for five days. So I might be a bit too tired for the next little bit. I cleaned up those scans in case anyone wants to typeset 'em before I get a chance:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/681507/daizex/d ... ble_01.png
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/681507/daizex/d ... ble_02.png

-edit- I'm not sure if this post makes sense :? Goddamn, I'm tired.
-edit2- fixed links.

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:04 pm

desirecampbell wrote:
kei17 wrote:What in the world are you talking about?? :| The first page says that the artist is "Toyotarou", who's NOT Yamamuro at all. Toyble's style doesn't resemble Yamamuro's anyway.
That's pretty interesting. :)

I'd love to typeset a translation onto those pages, but I've been working 12-hour shifts, overnight, for five days. So I might be a bit too tired for the next little bit. I cleaned up those scans in case anyone wants to typeset 'em before I get a chance:

-mod edit- Here's the correct links
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/681507/daizex/d ... ble_01.png
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/681507/daizex/d ... ble_02.png

-edit- I'm not sure if this post makes sense :? Goddamn, I'm tired.
Links aren't working for me. Says "The folder '/Public/daizex' does not exist."
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:08 pm

It would be cool if it was really toyble. I always find it wired that he didn't mention it on his blog since I would imagine that a fan artist doing something official would talk about it. Matt Frank for example works for IDW but he talks about it on devintart for his fan.
Last edited by Hellspawn28 on Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Raykugen
Regular

Post by Raykugen » Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:12 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:It would be cool if it was really Toyable. I always find it wired that he didn't mention it on his blog since I would imagine that a fan artist doing something official would talk about it. Matt Frank for example works for IDW but he talks about it on devintart for his fan.
why do you always say toyable and not toyble? xD
Do you want NEW GENERATION DRAGON BALL (Z, GT..) IMAGES? In HQ? Of all characters? Click here: http://daizex.fanboyreview.net/viewtopic.php?t=17178

macho_man
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by macho_man » Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:21 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:It would be cool if it was really Toyable. I always find it wired that he didn't mention it on his blog since I would imagine that a fan artist doing something official would talk about it. Matt Frank for example works for IDW but he talks about it on devintart for his fan.
Ooishi Naho comes from the wonderful DB doujinshi world too. I guess that Toei claims to not talk of this engagement coming from doujishis because of a professional secret... just don't ask me why. :?

Raykugen
Regular

Post by Raykugen » Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:23 pm

macho_man wrote:
Ooishi Naho comes from the wonderful DB doujinshi world too. I guess that Toei claims to not talk of this engagement coming from doujishis because of a professional secret... just don't ask me why. :?
Hahaha, this time it could be a little bit difficult, since Toyble is probably more famous than Naho

desirecampbell

Post by desirecampbell » Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:28 pm

DBZGTKOSDH wrote:Links aren't working for me. Says "The folder '/Public/daizex' does not exist."
Shit, I was too damned tired. Links are fixed now.

Gozar
Advanced Regular

Post by Gozar » Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:42 pm

I don't think I've ever been so un-enthused for new DragonBall material. This just seems like the random Fanfics that people have created over the years that insert themselves into the story. Meh.

Tzigi
Regular

Post by Tzigi » Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:02 am

While I do not really follow the games material, I still have thought that the Trunks that had gotten the SSJ3 was the one from the future and not the one from GT... What sense does it make for GT!Trunks to have SSJ3 and for GT!Goten not to when they have always been shown as pretty much equals?

Anyway, this page really does seem Toyble-like.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:36 am

Tzigi wrote:While I do not really follow the games material, I still have thought that the Trunks that had gotten the SSJ3 was the one from the future and not the one from GT... What sense does it make for GT!Trunks to have SSJ3 and for GT!Goten not to when they have always been shown as pretty much equals?
Both versions of Trunks were given the form. And Heroes isn't done yet. We haven't even gotten to SS4 Goku in the GT portion yet. And since they gave GT Trunks SS3, I'm sure they'll eventually get around to giving GT Vegeta SS3 like his Z counterpart has. So, there is still a chance that Goten may get SS3 sometime down the road...
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

DragonBoxZTheMovies
I Live Here

Post by DragonBoxZTheMovies » Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:58 am

Dragon Ball Hoshi has a Manga now guys!!1!1!!! :lol:
Seriously though, interested to see where this goes although I'd rather it wasn't connected to the upcoming movie.