Official On-Going DBZ 2013 Movie Thread: "Battle of Gods"

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Storm101
Beyond Newbie

Re: Mystery Jump Countdown: New DB Movie Confirmed!

Post by Storm101 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:33 pm

The possessed Vegeta plotline was already used in the Buu saga and in GT (I guess not so much in the Buu saga, but it's the same concept) so I'd rather not see it used again. Vegeta deserves more respect. =(

AnimeMaakuo
Advanced Regular

Post by AnimeMaakuo » Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:31 pm

Last edited by AnimeMaakuo on Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My YouTube

Soppa Saiyjins from Dorgou Ballru Zetto is my favorite transformation everah, especially when Trounksoru did it in front of Seru and when Bejita did it when he faced Jingonigen-hachigo. But for real, I use the FUNi pronunciation. - Soppa Saia People

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:38 pm

^ That's weird. The female Majin Buu has a pinky look and sweet look, whereas the Rabbit/Cat is purple.

Still to be known the name of this new DB character.
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:49 pm

Re: soulnova and Saiyan Prince Vegeta
Thank you so much! X3 And yes to the change in height too, I agree.

Re: The idea of Vegeta being possessed instead.
Possessed Vegeta's never been used for comedy's sake though (and that figure's face/pose screams comedic, look at how happy and excited he is with his hands all clasped together and him partly leaning forward); always as a weapon for whoever was controlling him, so if that is the case, and if it's not a body-swap with Pilaf, it would still be different than Majin Vegeta and Bebi Vegeta.

I'm starting to prefer the body-swap idea though, simply as I think it holds more potential for fun gags; though I guess if mystery-person or cat-guy make possessed/spell-casted Vegeta act super ooc that could be entertaining too.

I've always enjoyed ridiculous things happening to Vegeta (Bad Man, him getting slimed multiple times inside Buu, pretty much everything Goku did to him in the Jump 08 special...) going all the way back to when I first got into the fandom, so for me at least this would be a real treat.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

B
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by B » Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:19 pm

If we're entertaining the idea of these new villains, if they are confirmed real, are supposed magic users, maybe Vegeta is just under a spell.

I'd hate to have to wait for the 21st for these new characters to be confirmed real. No information's better than fake information in my book. At least then it's in the back of my head and I'm not thinking about it too much.
Keen Observation of Dragon Ball Z Movie 4's Climax wrote:Slug shits to see the genki

L'Arc4life

Post by L'Arc4life » Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:13 am

Don't know if this has been posted yet but this link shows that pilaf is indeed green in the new movie http://www.omohan.com/announces/view/679

penguintruth
Banned

Post by penguintruth » Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:23 am

Pilaf is green, Boss Rabbit is purple, who'll be recolored next?
Kentai wrote:Son Gokuu is a fascinating character anyway, because he is - at face value, anyway - an idiot savant. The victim of violent head trauma as an infant [...] he's a simple bumpkin with a fair share of brain damage who's natural talents to work out what's wrong compensate for his broad lack of common sense. But he's also a fighter, through and through [...] he fight until he has, in no uncertain terms, beaten his enemy on terms they can both acknowledge. He doesn't want to kill anyone, or even prove that he can win... he just wants to know he can. He's an ineffably charming bastard who's manly leanings were really incendental, and yes, the fact that he was voiced by a squeaky woman made the combination perhaps all the more charming.

Dragon Ball (Z) Kai Reviews!

Can I get a Schemen?

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:26 am

If Pilaf does some how take over Vegeta's body then it reminds me of one old fan fiction on the MFG forums which had Pilaf stealing Vegeta's powers.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Insertclevername
I Live Here

Post by Insertclevername » Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:27 am

Well, I guess this will be keeping in the spirit of Toriyama by just randomly recoloring characters.
Cipher wrote:Also, you can seriously like whatever and still get laid. That's a revelation that'll hit you at some point.

SparkyPantsMcGee
I Live Here

Post by SparkyPantsMcGee » Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:31 am

penguintruth wrote:Pilaf is green, Boss Rabbit is purple, who'll be recolored next?
Oh god...Mr. Popo run!!

In all seriousness though, I can't read Japanese and all I saw from that link was the same close up image of the toys posted a few pages back. I still think, it's just a toy error guys. Especially since(and I know it's not really that clear) the poster makes Pilaf look like his normal color.
...Wait what are you doing? Are you still reading this? I finished what I had to say, why don't you move on to the next post?

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:32 am

Insertclevername wrote:Well, I guess this will be keeping in the spirit of Toriyama by just randomly recoloring characters.
Ah, but the poster (if real) has him with his original skin color. I know its not the greatest quality, but the color picker doesn't even come close to the shade of green on the figure, so maybe it's a mistake or there is an in-universe reason for the color change in the film.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:22 am

You know, even though Vegeta body-swap with Pilaf would be funnier for me....I was thinking; figure-Pilaf is green, but regular-Pilaf is blue, so...could it actually be a side-effect of Pilaf being body-swapped with Piccolo, not Vegeta?
(And would this make Pilaf-as-Piccolo turn blue?)

That shade of green is similar to Piccolo's manga coloring. Throw a nose on that face and you've got a tiny Piccolo.

This is going on the theory that the paint job they did on the figures is not a mistake.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Jackal puFF
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Jackal puFF » Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:36 am

Hmm If I didn't know any better that Cat/Rabbit thing is definitely a Jackal! Trust me, I know lol. And on the poster, Pilaf and crew are really subtle. Seeing that they're small and all, maybe there will be body switching and fusions lol! And looks like Trunks will have long hair again =D.

chaosakita
Not-So-Newbie

Post by chaosakita » Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:36 am

L'Arc4life wrote:Don't know if this has been posted yet but this link shows that pilaf is indeed green in the new movie http://www.omohan.com/announces/view/679
Why do we need a figurine of Goku on a hiking trip? Who comes up with these things/

DragonBoxZTheMovies
I Live Here

Post by DragonBoxZTheMovies » Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:41 am

chaosakita wrote:
L'Arc4life wrote:Don't know if this has been posted yet but this link shows that pilaf is indeed green in the new movie http://www.omohan.com/announces/view/679
Why do we need a figurine of Goku on a hiking trip? Who comes up with these things/
Because it's friggin' awesome, that's why! We need more Dragon Ball characters doing normal things, I like it. :P

On the whole Pilaf thing, are you guys sure it's not just a simple re-design for the movie? It's not uncommon for a character to have a special design specifically for a feature film after all. In fact, I wouldn't mind seeing all of the characters in re-designed clothing.

Fox666
I Live Here

Post by Fox666 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:49 am

Michsi wrote:Vegeta-Pillaf body swap?
I guess you solved the mistery.

JeffJarrett
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by JeffJarrett » Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:55 am

Jackal puFF wrote:Hmm If I didn't know any better that Cat/Rabbit thing is definitely a Jackal! Trust me, I know lol.
His snout is too short to be a Jackal.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:03 am

JeffJarrett wrote:His snout is too short to be a Jackal.
Not saying I disagree with you, but artistic license is a thing...

Personally, I've settled on "Cabbit" until further notice...

Herms
Kanzenshuu Admin Emeritus

Post by Herms » Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:27 am

SparkyPantsMcGee wrote:In all seriousness though, I can't read Japanese and all I saw from that link was the same close up image of the toys posted a few pages back.
Indeed, it just lists them as figures for the new movie. There's nothing confirming Pilaf will be green in the movie itself.
TheDevilsCorpse wrote:Personally, I've settled on "Cabbit" until further notice...
I'll bet for his inevitable transformation he becomes a spaceship.
Kanzenshuu: Is that place still around?
Sometimes, I tweet things
We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:37 am

Herms wrote:I'll bet for his inevitable transformation he becomes a spaceship.
Most likely. That or a cat-girl...though the former would be far less traumatizing.