DragonBall Z Kai TV Network Version (CW4Kids\Toonzai\Vortex)

Discussion specifically regarding the "refreshed" TV version of DBZ created in Japan for its 20th anniversary, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

gmster
Beyond Newbie

Re: DragonBall Z Kai TV Network Version (CW4Kids\Toonzai\Vor

Post by gmster » Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:33 pm

Cure Dragon 255 wrote:I know, I told you I know that.
You keep saying that, yet you continue to make remarks to the contrary.

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:58 pm

Ok You win. I guess there's no way we'll ever know total viewers without a press release.
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

matt0044
Advanced Regular

Post by matt0044 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:25 pm

What? They cut out 18's kiss to Krillin? It was on the cheek and it wasn't like they were making out.

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:38 pm

I really cant defend the editing anymore. But I hope kids buy the uncut boxsets when they grow up.

EDIT: HEY!!!!!

I realized something. Even if 1.0 doesnt mean a million viewers, there IS data and press releases that Vortexx DID Surpass the one million at several points.

So I CAN say there have been 1 million people watching DBZKai.
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

ChibiGoku
Beyond Newbie

Post by ChibiGoku » Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:21 pm

So, apparently Blue Popo is back, though as far as I can tell, his lips are now red, as opposed to orange. I should also note that the editing on Popo was done somewhat better this time around, as it no longer looks like he's "radioactive", as my friend put it.

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:41 am

I heard that Vortexx Edited the guns in this week's episode to be green. Does anyone have pics?

dbzkfan543

Post by dbzkfan543 » Sat Dec 22, 2012 5:37 am

They cut out the entire scene where Cell absorbs 'the richest man in Gingertown'. He just thanks Piccolo and then he suddenly disappears in the shot immediately after with no explanation at all. :roll:

MetroidJunkie
Beyond Newbie

Post by MetroidJunkie » Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:43 pm

dbzkfan543 wrote:They cut out the entire scene where Cell absorbs 'the richest man in Gingertown'. He just thanks Piccolo and then he suddenly disappears in the shot immediately after with no explanation at all. :roll:
And here I was disappointed that the Nicktoons version cut so much of it out, atleast it's acknowledged that he got absorbed. :P

SilverPlaqueVII
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SilverPlaqueVII » Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:49 pm

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/266537- ... start-time
PWInsider.com reports WWE Saturday Morning Slam will be starting at a new time beginning next week at 10:30am EST.
DBZKai's new time slot is 10AM. WWE SMS is at it's new 10:30AM time with Sheamus in action and first ever Divas match on it.
Jelo Gutierrez Cantos (Dr. Fresh)
I'M GONNA BREAK YOU, LIKE A KIT-KAT BAR!! - TFS Goku. (have a Break, have a Kit Kat Freeza!)

-------------------------------------

Silver ShenronTransit Archive Projects
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Facebook | X (Twitter) | Tumblr | Youtube (1) (2) | Flickr | Instagram | Threads

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:51 am

I wonder who will show the Buu Saga first, Nicktoons or Vortexx?

bkev
I Live Here

Post by bkev » Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:47 pm

I'm morbidly curious about what they've been doing to JLU but not enough to actually check it out. TheCW sure has some strict standards. I'd bet if Fox were still in the kids' television market, we'd probably have gotten the Nicktoons edit straight-up without any additional work. For additional context as to just how stringent they are: I understand when rerunning Turtles, even before Vortexx, they were hesitant about "what the shell" as a catchphrase.
[quote="Brakus"]For all the flack that FUNimation gets on this forum for their quote about DBZ, there's some modicum of truth to it: a 9-year-old is born every day. Or in some cases, "reborn". DBZ may be a kids' show, but it's been so close to so many hearts all over Japan, America, and quite possibly, even the world.[/quote]

Fennekin
Not Banned

Post by Fennekin » Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:22 pm

On Vortexx's website, you can watch the first 52 edited episodes of Dragon Ball Z Kai.

http://myvortexx.com/shows/dragon-ball-z-kai

Gonstead
I Live Here

Post by Gonstead » Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:59 pm

And it isn't region blocked, ooh-rah!
Visit DragonBallFigures for all your Dragon Ball figure info and needs!
Mayuri Kurotsuchi wrote:"In this world, nothing perfect exists. It may be a cliche after all but it's the way things are. That's precisely why ordinary men pursue the concept of perfection, it's infatuation. But ultimately I have to ask myself "What is the true meaning of being perfect?" and the answer I came up with was nothing. Not one thing. The truth of the matter is I despise perfection! If something is truly perfect, that's IT! The bottom line becomes there is no room for imagination! No space for intelligence or ability or improvement! Do you understand? To men of science like us, perfection is a dead end, a condition of hopelessness. Always strive to be better than anything that came before you but not perfect! Scientist's agonize over the attempt to achieve perfection! That's the kind of creatures we are! We take joy in trying to exceed our grasp, in trying to reach for something that in the end, we have to admit may in fact be unreachable!"
MY HOLY GRAIL (110% Serious. Please sell me one)

kei17
I Live Here

Post by kei17 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:34 am

On these episodes, you can listen to the tentative placement of the Kikuchi score that is no longer used. It contains some pieces from DBZ movie 1, 3, and 12.

http://myvortexx.com/feed/goku-s-comeba ... th-porunga
http://myvortexx.com/feed/frieza-closes ... t-our-wish

Also, skip to 12:35 on this episode.

http://myvortexx.com/feed/frieza-s-fina ... are-begins

DragonBoxZTheMovies
I Live Here

Post by DragonBoxZTheMovies » Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:15 am

Five years after the events of the original Dragon Ball Z series, Dragon Ball Z Kai covers the later stories of Goku, Earth's greatest and most powerful warrior.
:roll:

ChibiGoku
Beyond Newbie

Post by ChibiGoku » Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:21 am

kei17 wrote:On these episodes, you can listen to the tentative placement of the Kikuchi score that is no longer used. It contains some pieces from DBZ movie 1, 3, and 12.
Also, skip to 12:35 on this episode.

http://myvortexx.com/feed/frieza-s-fina ... are-begins
Yeah, that happened a lot on the Toonzai Kai Broadcast. I always thought it was weird it would randomly swap between the Yamamoto and Kikuchi score during certain segments of an episode, usually after the commercial break.

Ringworm128
Banned

Post by Ringworm128 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:25 am

DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote:
Five years after the events of the original Dragon Ball Z series, Dragon Ball Z Kai covers the later stories of Goku, Earth's greatest and most powerful warrior.
Still not as bad as "Piccolo is a Saiyan".

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:20 am

Is it bad that It took 5 minutes until I finally figured out what was wrong about that sentence?

Fennekin
Not Banned

Post by Fennekin » Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:00 pm

DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote:
Vortexx needs to realize Z Kai is technically Z, only recut.