Episode #0023 (23 April 2006)

We cover anything and everything Dragon Ball in hopes of enlightening... and a little bit of entertaining. Hosted every week by the Kanzenshuu staff and regular special guests from the professional and fandom communities. Your first, best, last, and only Dragon Ball podcast!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Mon Apr 24, 2006 1:16 pm

Wow, that music video...

theoriginalbilis
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by theoriginalbilis » Mon Apr 24, 2006 2:05 pm

Hello! Long time listener, first time responder!

Great job on the podcast as always, you guys! It made getting home from work that much more enjoyable.

The review of the Dragon Box: The Movies as well as the feature on the site had officially made me jealous. :oops: I really hope Toei decides to release these films seperately someday (like they're doing with DBZ TV), because I can afford $30-$40 at a time, instead of one big lump sum of $350-$400. Plus that, and I can get only the movies I really want.

I also like the Meri's list for this week, and it gave me an idea for one of your later lists... 5 MOST VIOLENT/GRUESOME BATTLES. I know you guys talked about your picks for most violent fights in one of the earlier podcasts, but it'd be cool to see an "official list" on the site, because I like it.

Anyway, enough ranting, great job guys! Keep it up.
Nothing matters (in a cosmic sense.) Have a good time.

desirecampbell

Post by desirecampbell » Mon Apr 24, 2006 2:16 pm

So, I just saw the scan of the Cell Jr. massacre.

Hot balls, I think I'm going to be sick.

I can't believe that shit, I thought Choutzu blowing himself up was hardcore - there's friggin' BRAINS flying around!

I really want to see more now :P

theoriginalbilis

Post by theoriginalbilis » Mon Apr 24, 2006 2:44 pm

desirecampbell wrote:So, I just saw the scan of the Cell Jr. massacre.

I can't believe that shit, I thought Choutzu blowing himself up was hardcore - there's friggin' BRAINS flying around!

Take a look at the rest of the manga, it has a few scenes (like the Cell Jr. massacre) that are much more graphic than the anime.
Nothing matters (in a cosmic sense.) Have a good time.

desirecampbell

Post by desirecampbell » Mon Apr 24, 2006 2:46 pm

theoriginalbilis wrote:
desirecampbell wrote:So, I just saw the scan of the Cell Jr. massacre.

Take a look at the rest of the manga, it has a few scenes (like the Cell Jr. massacre) that are much more graphic than the anime.
Sadly, I must say I don't own much manga (3 or 4 Emglish SJs).

The shame...

Great Saiyaman
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Great Saiyaman » Mon Apr 24, 2006 4:31 pm

Tsukento wrote:Ha, I had my minute of glory in this Podcast as being the "someone" who posted the Gogeta screenshot comparison. XD
Where can I find this? I'm curious to see.
[b]Vegito:[/b] What do you call a Goku & a Vegeta? Gogeta sounds nice.
[b]Toriyama:[/b] *wak*

[i]"I wanna go to Filler Hell when I die."-Me[/i]

desirecampbell

Post by desirecampbell » Mon Apr 24, 2006 5:22 pm

Great Saiyaman wrote:
Tsukento wrote:Ha, I had my minute of glory in this Podcast as being the "someone" who posted the Gogeta screenshot comparison. XD
Where can I find this? I'm curious to see.
Here's the image:
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a20/Ts ... ompare.png
The thread is here:
http://db.schuby.org/daizex/viewtopic.p ... c&start=20
Last edited by desirecampbell on Mon Apr 24, 2006 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Great Saiyaman
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Great Saiyaman » Mon Apr 24, 2006 5:25 pm

Woah, that's a big difference, though I gtta say, I prefer the Fusion Reborn over the Dragon Box, I don't like the pink look.....but the hair is better colored in the Dragon Box. Anyway, thanks for the link.
[b]Vegito:[/b] What do you call a Goku & a Vegeta? Gogeta sounds nice.
[b]Toriyama:[/b] *wak*

[i]"I wanna go to Filler Hell when I die."-Me[/i]

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Mon Apr 24, 2006 6:04 pm

Meri, what the heck, how could you forget Freeza's slautering of Vegeta?? When I first saw that episode on my uncut
FUNi tape I had to leave my room for a few minutes.

'Course I was nine or ten then...
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

Steven Perry
Advanced Regular

Post by Steven Perry » Mon Apr 24, 2006 6:10 pm

JulieYBM wrote:Meri, what the heck, how could you forget Freeza's slautering of Vegeta?? When I first saw that episode on my uncut

Well, have you forgotten when Trunks slices Frieza into spaghetti, then disintegrates those pieces into pieces? Talk about ashes- to- ashes, dust- to- dust... :lol:
XBL: CallyMan90 | YouTube | DeviantART

~ LAST SURVIVING MEMBER OF ROOM 29 ~

MajinVejitaXV
Slut of the Daizenshuu EX Family

Post by MajinVejitaXV » Mon Apr 24, 2006 6:14 pm

Great Saiyaman wrote:Woah, that's a big difference, though I gtta say, I prefer the Fusion Reborn over the Dragon Box, I don't like the pink look.....but the hair is better colored in the Dragon Box. Anyway, thanks for the link.
Yeah, damn flesh colored...err, flesh O_o

Yay for carrot-eating-Gojita! Guess we know what kind of juice FUNi-Cell Vejita was drinking, eh? ;p

-Corey

Tsukento
I Live Here

Post by Tsukento » Mon Apr 24, 2006 6:22 pm

JulieYBM wrote:Meri, what the heck, how could you forget Freeza's slautering of Vegeta?? When I first saw that episode on my uncut

Technically, Vegeta's death was swift. His beating was brutal, but not his death.

DaemonCorps

Post by DaemonCorps » Mon Apr 24, 2006 7:30 pm

I'm more than half-way through the episode, and so far, I like Meri's top 5 the most. I can just imagine the animators for the Gohan-kills-the-Cell-Jrs episode saying, "Hey, how about we add one more just to make it even nastier?"

I agree that the manga version was much nastier. So many brains!!

I also thought that Toriyama went all out in the earlier DBZ Saga when it came to brains and 'sploding death-wise. I'm guessing that it's because when he was starting to go in the direction of a more nasty umm... thing.

Still waiting for you guys to answer my e-mail and nice podcast so far!
10-30 minutes have most likely passed between my clicking to comment and actually posting. Curse my habit of thinking how to word my posts for too long!
YouTube Essays | twitter | webcomic | instantaneous movement grams

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Mon Apr 24, 2006 8:05 pm

theoriginalbilis wrote:Hello! Long time listener, first time responder!
Woo-hoo! Thanks for coming over to the forum :).
theoriginalbilis wrote:I also like the Meri's list for this week, and it gave me an idea for one of your later lists... 5 MOST VIOLENT/GRUESOME BATTLES.
I like this one! Maybe we'll get back to a bloody one like this after some absurdly cute ones, again :P.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Tanooki Kuribo
I Live Here

Post by Tanooki Kuribo » Mon Apr 24, 2006 8:09 pm

Iam glad you pointed out the bad stuff about the Dragonbox as well. A lot of people woulndt mention the bad stuff.

Tatsunoboshi Horoko
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Tatsunoboshi Horoko » Mon Apr 24, 2006 11:16 pm

Sorry for responding a little later than I usually do.

Great podcast, as usual.

Sigh, I guess I should have pre-ordered the D-Boxes like I said I would all that time ago. (Too bad I didn't have the dough to shell out 'till now.) Oh well, I guess it looks like I get to keep my cash for other things now. Woot!

I really liked this week's list. But, urgh, those images of each of the Cell Jr's getting blown to smithereens will forever be imprinted in my mind. @__@

Heh, I've also been planning to send an email in, but I have no idea what question I should ask. (Or to make it an audio e-mail.) Ah...decisions, decisions....

Anywho, keep up the great work!

Super Sonic
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Super Sonic » Tue Apr 25, 2006 1:11 am

I haven't seen it in awhile, but how graphic was Buu going down that terrorist's throat and making him explode again? And was it more graphic in the anime?

Bura
Advanced Regular

Post by Bura » Tue Apr 25, 2006 4:08 am

I also wanted to say, nice podcast! I really enjoyed myself while listening to it. ^^ I also know another gruesome death; anyone remember that dog from movie 11? He got melted! :shock:

veshira
Regular

Post by veshira » Tue Apr 25, 2006 4:58 pm

Yay! Great episode! Sorry I wasn't able to listen to it Sunday, because my internet wasn't working (and techniqually still isn't.)

Oh, what was that great Kageyama (I'm also assuming Dragonball Z) song that I heard at the end of your episode? I've never heard it before, which makes me feel like a n00b to Dragonball. (And to the Japanese version, I definately am. -___-; )

Speaking of "great," "Grande Torismo" actually means "big tour" in Italian (a second language of mine, over five semesters of it, so I'm pretty sure...), not that it's much of a difference, but the word "great" is pretty vague. (I wouldn't have addressed this at all, but a kid in my class recently translated "Alexander the Great" as "Alexander il Grande," which is, not only incorrect, but so wrong. :lol: )

Welcome back, Julian! Get lots of rest, and... enjoy... American stuff, I guess. ^^;

I found Meri's Top 5 List most enjoyable this week, except I do not agree with the end: Grandpa Gohan's death wasn't the most gruesome death, because it was never shown, and so how do you know he was trampled at all? I'll admit getting killed by your own grandson is tragic, but Goku might have mouth beamed him or something, which isn't so bad when compared to other deaths in Dragonball. I think Kuririn's getting "explosed" should have been somewhere on the list. (Just wondering, what number death would he be?)

Actually, I was originally thinking the person with the most gruesome death would be Freeza, who had his tail chopped off and bitten, attacked with a Genki Dama, his body cut in half with his own disk, blasted by a pissed off SSJ Goku, and left on Planet Namek (which he set to blow up.) But then I remembered, "Oh damn, he didn't die!" :lol: Namek's explosion blew away his entire body, save half his face, some brains, and an arm, then King Cold found him and turned him into a cyborg, Freeza gets his father to bring him to Earth, where Trunks chops him into Freeza-sushi (and there may be an eyeball somewhere in the anime, not the manga), and he's blown away. :D Yes, so, the destruction of Freeza's body was very graphic over the course of more than a year...
theoriginalbilis wrote:I also like the Meri's list for this week, and it gave me an idea for one of your later lists... 5 MOST VIOLENT/GRUESOME BATTLES.
Sort of random, but in reference to most violent battles, I believe Dragon Ball Z's Goku vs. Vegeta battle in the Saiyan arc was voted most violent in some magazine of little importance and was mentioned in the Goku vs. Vegeta bonus piece/small documentary/commentary that Sean Schemmel and Chris Sabat did on the characters? (I wish I could find my dvd. I only lost it at the mall, had to buy another one before I ever got to watch it and lost it all over again. :lol: :) :cry: )
What's scarier than a DBZ H-game?
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLuBVyPsL5g]Fear the dancing![/url]

Steven Perry
Advanced Regular

Post by Steven Perry » Tue Apr 25, 2006 5:43 pm

veshira wrote: I've never heard it before, which makes me feel like a n00b to Dragonball. (And to the Japanese version, I definately am. -___-; )
Yeah, me too. About 40% of the time, I don't know what characters the guys are actually talking about. :oops:
veshira wrote: I found Meri's Top 5 List most enjoyable this week, except I do not agree with the end: Grandpa Gohan's death wasn't the most gruesome death, because it was never shown, and so how do you know he was trampled at all?
Well, what makes it gruesome is the fact that you don't see it; you have to leave it to your imagination (I imagined his eyeballs popping out, and his brains getting stuck to the bottom of Goku's foot! Mmmm brains...)! Of course, you'll have to have an explicit imagination to start with. :lol: I get my inspiration from videos like this:

http://s9.photobucket.com/albums/a52/St ... lArtsM.flv
WARNING: Not for the light- hearted! :wink:

veshira wrote: Actually, I was originally thinking the person with the most gruesome death would be Freeza, who had his tail chopped off and bitten, attacked with a Genki Dama, his body cut in half with his own disk, blasted by a pissed off SSJ Goku, and left on Planet Namek (which he set to blow up.) But then I remembered, "Oh damn, he didn't die!" :lol: Namek's explosion blew away his entire body, save half his face, some brains, and an arm, then King Cold found him and turned him into a cyborg, Freeza gets his father to bring him to Earth, where Trunks chops him into Freeza-sushi (and there may be an eyeball somewhere in the anime, not the manga), and he's blown away. :D Yes, so, the destruction of Freeza's body was very graphic over the course of more than a year...

Exactly my point.
XBL: CallyMan90 | YouTube | DeviantART

~ LAST SURVIVING MEMBER OF ROOM 29 ~