"Gotenks surpassing Vegeta and the others".

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Super Saiyan Turlast x4
I Live Here

Re: "Gotenks surpassing Vegeta and the others".

Post by Super Saiyan Turlast x4 » Tue Dec 24, 2013 9:59 pm

Alright, I'll do those as well.
"First I whip it out! Then I thrust it! With great force! Every angle...! It penetrates! Until...! With great strength...! I... ram it in! In the end... We are all satisfied... And you are set free...!" ~Dante~

Draken
Banned

Post by Draken » Tue Dec 24, 2013 10:07 pm

I agree, Kid Buu easily wins....

by hiding in his master's ball until Gotenks and Gohan die of old age

Zantetsuken
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Zantetsuken » Tue Dec 24, 2013 10:37 pm

Draken wrote:I agree, Kid Buu easily wins....

by hiding in his master's ball until Gotenks and Gohan die of old age
Haters gonna hate.

Herms
Kanzenshuu Admin Emeritus

Post by Herms » Tue Dec 24, 2013 10:41 pm

This is going nowhere fast.

If you kids don't have anything more to add to the conversation besides taking pot-shots at each others' viewpoints, then it's probably time to just end the thread.
Kanzenshuu: Is that place still around?
Sometimes, I tweet things
We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Tue Dec 24, 2013 11:00 pm

I agree. This thread does not possess sufficient amounts of joy. No chance of planting the Christmas Tree of Might here. :(
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Wed Dec 25, 2013 4:48 am

THERE IS NO SUCH THING - I don't care what you say. Show me ONE, just ONE official source and I will forever shut my mouth about this issue.
Alright, just to debunk the whole "Buff Buu doesn't exist" notion. Herms describes it on page 20 of the translations thread:
Herms wrote:Says Boo absorbed the South Kaioshin’s power and physique, evolving a powerful body, though it’s not clear how this changed his personality. From DBZ Son Goku Densetsu, an anime guidebook.
I'm pretty sure this is the image he's talking about (it doesn't display properly in the thread itself):

There's also this, from DB Forever, a manga guidebook:

According to Herms:
Herms wrote:Says Boo was weakened by having his absorptions undone. From DB Forever.
Note who the image depicts next to the text: Mr. Buu. Removing the absorption of Mr. Buu is what caused the transformation into Pure Buu. There. A manga guidebook outright stated that reverting Super Buu to Pure Buu made him weaker. Is it over now?
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

Zantetsuken
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Zantetsuken » Wed Dec 25, 2013 10:23 am

Excuse me for being skeptical, but I'd like to see the image sources or for Herms to chime in on his own. You don't exactly have the best track record for being accurate...

Zantetsuken
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Zantetsuken » Wed Dec 25, 2013 10:26 am

Sure enough, I just googled it -
Herms didn't say that, it was from DBZ wiki -
Odd you would leave this out
"Describes Kid Buu as powered up, with an image of Super Saiyan 3 Goku"

"Says Goku has the "highest respect towards the strongest enemy"

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Wed Dec 25, 2013 11:01 am

Zantetsuken wrote:Sure enough, I just googled it -

Herms did say that. Here's the topic.
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtop ... &start=380 It's the first post at the top of the page.

And as for your quote, does that mean that Pure Buu is stronger than Buutenks and Buuhan? And if so, doesn't that contradict the manga, where Buutenks declares that he is the "strongest Majin?" And if so, wouldn't it make more sense to think that the quote is referring to Majin Buu in general, rather than Pure Buu in particular?
Chapter: 499 (DBZ 305), P11.1
Boo: “…What do you think, Gohan? My strategy succeeded safely. Look, isn’t it magnificent? This is a moment that will never appear again, no matter what the future may hold: the birth of the strongest majin.”
The only way that quote could work the way you are intending is if Pure Buu is stronger than Buutenks and Buuhan, which he's not. So I'm not seeing how it supports your argument.
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).

Zantetsuken
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Zantetsuken » Wed Dec 25, 2013 11:05 am

Kamiccolo9 wrote:
Zantetsuken wrote:Sure enough, I just googled it -

Herms did say that. Here's the topic.
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtop ... &start=380 It's the first post at the top of the page.

And as for your quote, does that mean that Pure Buu is stronger than Buutenks and Buuhan? And if so, doesn't that contradict the manga, where Buutenks declares that he is the "strongest Majin?" And if so, wouldn't it make more sense to think that the quote is referring to Majin Buu in general, rather than Pure Buu in particular?
Chapter: 499 (DBZ 305), P11.1
Boo: “…What do you think, Gohan? My strategy succeeded safely. Look, isn’t it magnificent? This is a moment that will never appear again, no matter what the future may hold: the birth of the strongest majin.”
The only way that quote could work the way you are intending is if Pure Buu is stronger than Buutenks and Buuhan, which he's not. So I'm not seeing how it supports your argument.
I can ask the same - Kaioshinn outright says that the absorbing the Kai's weakened him - so who is right here?

Zantetsuken
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Zantetsuken » Wed Dec 25, 2013 11:07 am

LOL, and that think further supports what I orginally stated

"Says Gohan-absorbed Boo is so powerful that on his own Goku is no match even as a Super Saiyan 3. From DBZ Son Goku Densetsu."

"Refers to Super Saiyan 3 as “the Super Saiyan that can appropriately be called strongest”. From the third TV Animation daizenshuu."

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Wed Dec 25, 2013 11:09 am

Zantetsuken wrote:

I can ask the same - Kaioshinn outright says that the absorbing the Kai's weakened him - so who is right here?
No, he says absorbing Dai Kaioshin weakened him. Absorbing South Kaioshin made him become "that huge Buu."
Chapter: 508 (DBZ 314), P4.2-7
Kaioshin: “In m…my era there were five Kaioshins…until they were defeated by the Majin Boo that the wizard Babidi created…I was the youngest and most powerless one, but I somehow survived, with only heavy injuries…But the other four fell to Boo…First, two were killed…the North Kaioshin and the West Kaioshin….And then the South Kaioshin, the burliest and strongest one, was…somehow absorbed by Boo….. “
Elder Kaioshin: …And he became that huge Boo from before? “
Kaioshin: “…Yes…Next to be absorbed was the fat but kind and gentle Dai-Kaioshin….The Majin Boo that Bibidi created was evil itself, a failed creation that even Bibidi himself couldn’t handle, but by absorbing the Dai-Kaioshin, he somehow become controllable…. “
Elder Kaioshin: “…So he was finally completed…Which is to say…that this current…small Majin Boo…is the initial…mo…most troublesome one…”
Kaioshin: “….Yes…the heart which he gained by going so far as to lower his power through absorption…has returned once again to the way it was…he has no self-control whatsoever…he has become evil itself…”

Zantetsuken wrote:LOL, and that think further supports what I orginally stated

"Says Gohan-absorbed Boo is so powerful that on his own Goku is no match even as a Super Saiyan 3. From DBZ Son Goku Densetsu."

"Refers to Super Saiyan 3 as “the Super Saiyan that can appropriately be called strongest”. From the third TV Animation daizenshuu."

It just says that Goku is no match for Buu. With all due respect,... duh.
The Elder Kaioshin's potential unlocking ability isn't a Super Saiyan form.
Malik_DBNA wrote:

Zantetsuken
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Zantetsuken » Wed Dec 25, 2013 11:15 am

Kamiccolo9 wrote:
Zantetsuken wrote:

No, he says absorbing Dai Kaioshin weakened him. Absorbing South Kaioshin made him become "that huge Buu."
Chapter: 508 (DBZ 314), P4.2-7
Kaioshin: “In m…my era there were five Kaioshins…until they were defeated by the Majin Boo that the wizard Babidi created…I was the youngest and most powerless one, but I somehow survived, with only heavy injuries…But the other four fell to Boo…First, two were killed…the North Kaioshin and the West Kaioshin….And then the South Kaioshin, the burliest and strongest one, was…somehow absorbed by Boo….. “
Elder Kaioshin: …And he became that huge Boo from before? “
Kaioshin: “…Yes…Next to be absorbed was the fat but kind and gentle Dai-Kaioshin….The Majin Boo that Bibidi created was evil itself, a failed creation that even Bibidi himself couldn’t handle, but by absorbing the Dai-Kaioshin, he somehow become controllable…. “
Elder Kaioshin: “…So he was finally completed…Which is to say…that this current…small Majin Boo…is the initial…mo…most troublesome one…”
Kaioshin: “….Yes…the heart which he gained by going so far as to lower his power through absorption…has returned once again to the way it was…he has no self-control whatsoever…he has become evil itself…”

Zantetsuken wrote:LOL, and that think further supports what I orginally stated

It just says that Goku is no match for Buu. With all due respect,... duh.
The Elder Kaioshin's potential unlocking ability isn't a Super Saiyan form.

Actually, it specifically says GohanBuu - not any other one. If we are supposed to believe he's no match for even superbuu, how is this a revelation?

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Wed Dec 25, 2013 11:18 am

Zantetsuken wrote: Actually, it specifically says GohanBuu - not any other one. If we are supposed to believe he's no match for even superbuu, how is this a revelation?
It's not a revelation, it's just an obvious statement. The guidebooks are full of them. He was no match for Buutenks either.

And if it's talking specifically about the Buuhan fight, think of who there is to compare Goku to. Vegeta was the only one who was still in the fight, everyone else was absorbed or dead. It's saying that "Goku, even with all his power, is no match for Buuhan", not "even Goku was helpless against Buuhan."
Malik_DBNA wrote:

Zantetsuken
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Zantetsuken » Wed Dec 25, 2013 11:21 am

Kamiccolo9 wrote:
Zantetsuken wrote: Actually, it specifically says GohanBuu - not any other one. If we are supposed to believe he's no match for even superbuu, how is this a revelation?
It's not a revelation, it's just an obvious statement. The guidebooks are full of them. He was no match for Buutenks either.

And if it's talking specifically about the Buuhan fight, think of who there is to compare Goku to. Vegeta was the only one who was still in the fight, everyone else was absorbed or dead. It's saying that "Goku, even with all his power, is no match for Buuhan", not "even Goku was helpless against Buuhan."
Again, I don't know how that is revelent unless Goku wasn't considered the strongest at this point.

Just like how it states Manjin Buu is powered up - in comparison to SuperBuu perhaps? Oh, of course not - that would go against what you believe.

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Wed Dec 25, 2013 11:25 am

Zantetsuken wrote:
Kamiccolo9 wrote:

Again, I don't know how that is revelent unless Goku wasn't considered the strongest at this point.

Just like how it states Manjin Buu is powered up - in comparison to SuperBuu perhaps? Oh, of course not - that would go against what you believe.
He was the strongest...out of everyone still fighting. Everyone else is out of commission, except for Vegeta.

And again, he reverted to his South Kaioshin Buu form, which I'm hoping your not denying exists now, since we have provided an official source saying that he did. The same source says that Pure Buu gained power from absorbing South Kaioshin. So, logically, upon reverting from the South Kaioshin state to his Pure State, he would have lost the power from South Kaioshin. He powered up, and then lost that power.
Malik_DBNA wrote:

Zantetsuken
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Zantetsuken » Wed Dec 25, 2013 11:32 am

Kamiccolo9 wrote:
He was the strongest...out of everyone still fighting. Everyone else is out of commission, except for Vegeta.

And again, he reverted to his South Kaioshin Buu form, which I'm hoping your not denying exists now, since we have provided an official source saying that he did. The same source says that Pure Buu gained power from absorbing South Kaioshin. So, logically, upon reverting from the South Kaioshin state to his Pure State, he would have lost the power from South Kaioshin. He powered up, and then lost that power.
That's weak reasoning - it's either the statement is true or it's not. You're the one putting conditions on it which weren't originally there. Just as it states that "KidBuu has the most formidable power and ability" I'm guessing that you'll twist it to mean out of FatBuu and himself, right?
And Kaioshinn said he GAINED power after the transformation, not before.

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Wed Dec 25, 2013 12:15 pm

Zantetsuken wrote:
Kamiccolo9 wrote:

That's weak reasoning - it's either the statement is true or it's not. You're the one putting conditions on it which weren't originally there. Just as it states that "KidBuu has the most formidable power and ability" I'm guessing that you'll twist it to mean out of FatBuu and himself, right?
And Kaioshinn said he GAINED power after the transformation, not before.
Why would Gohan and Gotenks have anything to do with that statement? It's talking about the fight against Buuhan.

That statement says that Pure Buu is stronger than Buutenks and Buuhan, which directly contradicts the manga, and is therefore wrong. There's not really any grey area here. Buutenks flat out says that he is the strongest Majin.

Provide a quote for that please.
Malik_DBNA wrote:

hleV
Banned

Post by hleV » Wed Dec 25, 2013 12:24 pm

It's not like the anime itself didn't imply that Pure Boo was the strongest (making Goku stronger than the previous Boo forms as well), so even if an anime-based guidebook suggested the same (not saying it did), it wouldn't count for much.

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Wed Dec 25, 2013 12:32 pm

Zantetsuken wrote:"Refers to Super Saiyan 3 as “the Super Saiyan that can appropriately be called strongest”. From the third TV Animation daizenshuu."
It's only saying that Super Saiyan 3 is the strongest Super Saiyan form. Except if you believe that SS3 Gotenks is stronger than U. Gohan, and that SS3 Goku & SS3 Gotenks are stronger than SS Vegetto.
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.