dragonballbenelux.blogspot.ie is down?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Hisham

dragonballbenelux.blogspot.ie is down?

Post by Hisham » Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:40 pm

Most of you are probably familiar with that site as well.

As mentioned in the subject, the website seems to be down. Does it say so for anyone else as well?

I've followed that blog for years, and I visited it just about an hour ago and got that message.

:(

samuraix123
I Live Here

Re: dragonballbenelux.blogspot.ie is down?

Post by samuraix123 » Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:53 pm

Never heard of that place in my entire life. LOL :lol:
The Dragonboxes are like a middle aged woman who still looks good through simply taking good care of her skin and body with maybe a tiny bit of makeup while the Orange Bricks are like a middle aged woman who get's 50 tons of botox, makeup and plastic surgery in order to look younger and as a result looks even worse. ~ ringworm128
Still recording Toonami broadcasts on VHS after all these years!
#1 Paikuhan fan!

TheRed259
Advanced Regular

Post by TheRed259 » Sat Jan 03, 2015 8:58 pm

As mentioned in the subject, the website seems to be down. Does it say so for anyone else as well?
Yes, it seems that the website is down. I hope that this isn't permanent.
samuraix123 wrote:Never heard of that place in my entire life. LOL :lol:
It's also known as ''DragonNews''. It does host all the DragonBall News in 3 languages (English, French, German) and many other DB related things as well.

Avenged
Advanced Regular

Post by Avenged » Sat Jan 03, 2015 9:01 pm

He probably got bored from copying news and posting fan manga translations.
Dragon Blog Z - A Dragon Ball Z Community

TheRed259
Advanced Regular

Post by TheRed259 » Sat Jan 03, 2015 9:18 pm

Actually, it is/was a really decent website and they were always putting links for their sources. They were also posting all the Kanzenshuu Podcasts & Translations every time they came out in their DragonNews page. It wasn't just a copy-paste news website.

samuraix123
I Live Here

Post by samuraix123 » Sat Jan 03, 2015 9:18 pm

TheRed259 wrote:
Yes, it seems that the website is down. I hope that this isn't permanent.
samuraix123 wrote:Never heard of that place in my entire life. LOL :lol:
It's also known as ''DragonNews''. It does host all the DragonBall News in 3 languages (English, French, German) and many other DB related things as well.
Oh yeah? I may have to check it out. since I found Kanzenshuu I usually don't stray far from it. :P
The Dragonboxes are like a middle aged woman who still looks good through simply taking good care of her skin and body with maybe a tiny bit of makeup while the Orange Bricks are like a middle aged woman who get's 50 tons of botox, makeup and plastic surgery in order to look younger and as a result looks even worse. ~ ringworm128
Still recording Toonami broadcasts on VHS after all these years!
#1 Paikuhan fan!

Hisham

Post by Hisham » Sat Jan 03, 2015 9:27 pm

Normally when sites are down temporarily you get another type of message, no?

Now it says the blog is deleted, meaning it's permanent, no? Anyway, I hope it's just a temporary thing, because I got quite fond of that site. Call it what you want, but it was very informative, even though it might have been simple "copy-pasting" updates of DB.

Maybe not quite relevant, but there was a quite popular site for Hokuto no Ken as well. I forgot what it was called, anyone know which one I'm talking about?. And that one had the habit of being down quite often, I presume it was because the site owners did not get enough revenue to keep the site going. And whenever that site was down, I don't remember getting the same error as I do from this one. Maybe because this one is a blog?

Hisham

Post by Hisham » Sat Jan 03, 2015 9:30 pm

samuraix123 wrote:Oh yeah? I may have to check it out. since I found Kanzenshuu I usually don't stray far from it. :P
I highly recommend it, if it gets back on. It's not quite Kanzenshuu, but it's easier and more direct if I may say. The guys, who ever they are, that own/owned the site post regular and up-to-date DB news on a regular basis.
Last edited by Hisham on Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Sat Jan 03, 2015 11:01 pm

Darn, this was my 2nd favorite DB news website...
Avenged wrote:He probably got bored from copying news
Seriously? They always had a source in the news.
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

Hisham

Post by Hisham » Sun Jan 04, 2015 2:04 am

DBZGTKOSDH wrote:Darn, this was my 2nd favorite DB news website...
Avenged wrote:He probably got bored from copying news
Seriously? They always had a source in the news.
Yes, it's a shame. Really hope it gets back on! It's surprising really, just like that it's deleted it seems.
Last edited by Hisham on Sun Jan 04, 2015 3:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

TheLegend23
Beyond Newbie

Post by TheLegend23 » Sun Jan 04, 2015 3:24 am

Damn that sucks. Hope it's only temporary

M4rb

Post by M4rb » Sun Jan 04, 2015 6:16 am

Hey all!
Unfortunately, Blogger decided to remove DragonNews on 01/02/2015.
In recent weeks, one or more individuals have made over 400 legal complaints against blogposts on DragonNews, whose content would infringe the copyright in accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA).
As a result, the Blogger Team removed the DragonNews blog, because the terms of service were violated.

I have since filed a defense to restore the content that was removed, because I believe that I have the right to publish the content in question.
For all I know, the removed blog posts namely fall within the "fair use" law. Fair use makes it possible to give criticism, publish parodies and collect news of a copyrighted work, such as Dragon Ball.
Targeted blog posts were mostly simple messages from 2010-2011, about a DVD release or a toy, without any content that would violate copyright.

However, if Blogger doesn’t accept this demand for restoration, then, unfortunately, it seems that DragonNews will disappear from the web after 5 years. It was a really fun ride, I really enjoyed bringing daily Dragon Ball updates for the last 5 years. But I don't think I'll have the energy to start a new website from scratch.
I'd like to thank all of you very, very much for the visits to DragonNews!!
And for your future daily Dragon Ball needs, you're already at the right place right here at Kanzenshuu of course

All the best!

UltimateHammerBro
Advanced Regular

Post by UltimateHammerBro » Sun Jan 04, 2015 6:32 am

It sure sucks. I had come across the blog a few times.

However, I'm curious about how exactly it got down. I don't know much about Internet laws so forgive me if I'm going to ask something obvious, but can the DMCA, a United States law, take down a page with an Irish (.ie) domain? Is there any international agreement which allows American laws to be applied to the internet in general, or is it a case similar to Megaupload's, with the US doing pretty much what they want with a foreign website?
I'm a webcomic artist! Check out http://tapastic.com/series/Hearts

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Sun Jan 04, 2015 12:28 pm

First I heard of it but anyway, it's accessible via the time machine: http://web.archive.org/web/201412190327 ... pot.co.uk/

Looks pretty good but since I never follow any news of Dragon Ball (not even Kanzenshuu's main website) it's not really my thing.
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

nicolas_3d
Beyond Newbie

Post by nicolas_3d » Sun Jan 04, 2015 6:28 pm

MAN this sucks, I used to go on that blog every day!!! They posted a lot of stuff related to new dragon ball merchandise. It complemented Kanzenshuu very well.
I hope it comes back!

Dicrypter

Post by Dicrypter » Sun Jan 04, 2015 6:55 pm

That's is realy bad, i realy like that blog.
If this is the end of the blog the only thing i have to say is thank you for bring to us every day news about the dragon ball world.
I hope you win the case and continue the good work.

Hisham

Post by Hisham » Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:12 pm

M4rb wrote:Hey all!
In recent weeks, one or more individuals have made over 400 legal complaints against blogposts on DragonNews, whose content would infringe the copyright in accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA).
As a result, the Blogger Team removed the DragonNews blog, because the terms of service were violated.

I have since filed a defense to restore the content that was removed, because I believe that I have the right to publish the content in question.
For all I know, the removed blog posts namely fall within the "fair use" law. Fair use makes it possible to give criticism, publish parodies and collect news of a copyrighted work, such as Dragon Ball.
Targeted blog posts were mostly simple messages from 2010-2011, about a DVD release or a toy, without any content that would violate copyright.

However, if Blogger doesn’t accept this demand for restoration, then, unfortunately, it seems that DragonNews will disappear from the web after 5 years. It was a really fun ride, I really enjoyed bringing daily Dragon Ball updates for the last 5 years. But I don't think I'll have the energy to start a new website from scratch.
And for your future daily Dragon Ball needs, you're already at the right place right here at Kanzenshuu of course

All the best!
This is sad news. I very much liked the blog. Know that what you did was very appreciated in the Dragon world. Even better I'm glad you enjoyed to bring us the news as much as we enjoyed getting them. And if it indeed does not get back on, all the best to you as well.

:(

kibasennin

Post by kibasennin » Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:33 pm

... any news? Is the site still down?

Hisham

Post by Hisham » Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:25 pm

M4rb wrote:Hey all!

All the best!
I just had a thought. Have you thought of making a facebook page? You can easily name it the same. It should be quite easy, and I doubt it'll get removed. It's a shame the website is not looking to get back on, but your Dragon News was very helpful. You should be able to continue on facebook, no?

nicolas_3d
Beyond Newbie

Post by nicolas_3d » Fri Feb 06, 2015 11:02 pm

Thats a great idea, they should do it!