DragonBall in a school paper? What?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

The Tori-bot
I Live Here

Post by The Tori-bot » Sat Oct 21, 2006 7:37 am

Domon wrote:Who's the guy here that keeps pointing out that an "otaku" in Japan is a cannibalist? :P
That'd be Greg Werner aka omae no kaasan. :P

Anyway, nice paper, Shaun! Hee hee, your name's Sean. I called you Shaun. Lol. I actually stayed awake! A first for me when I'm reading a long document! :lol:

Yeah, I agree on the "otaku" thing. And I liked the referances to DBZ, One Piece, Naruto and Bobobo.

Sanji. Ciggy. Dub. 4Kids. Lollipop. Urge to kill rising. Rising...

Kill. :twisted:
New to the forum? Just want to know when you'll hit your next posting rank? Ever wondered why some users have special titles, and what they mean? The answers to all these questions and more are waiting for you in the Kanzenshuu Member Hierarchy Guide!!
"Of all the things to worry about... the Wookiee has no pants." -- Mark Hamill
Herms wrote:Really, you could translate either title either way and nobody would care. But God would know.

Mr.Piccolo
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Mr.Piccolo » Sat Oct 21, 2006 8:04 am

desirecampbell wrote:
Mr.Piccolo wrote:Ahh, the safety of ones keyboard,hidden identity, and the guise of the internet-anonymous,eh...
You use a (rather unimaginative) internet handle, and you pull that?

I say nothing here I wouldn't say in person. I have always been against internet nicknames. That's my picture, that's my name, that's my address. Don't pull that "anonymous" shit on me.

Do you have a problem with what I said? Then address it.
I'm not talking about "nicknames" in general I'm just talking about things that are said online that you wouldn't say out loud to people face to face. For you to say that you say nothing here that you wouldn't say in person is complete bullshit and you know it. Yes, I had a problem with what you said and I addressed it but you should know that its obviously not the same as adressing it to your face because if that was the case you wouldn't say the shit you say now. By the way did you actually change your avatar back to make a point in this? Christ...
[size=92][b][url=http://www.freewebs.com/rickistheboss/][RICKisBOSS][/url] | [/b] [color=green][b][Green Team][/color][/b] [b]|[/b] [b][url=http://db.schuby.org/daizex/viewtopic.php?t=4512][R29 DUB][/url][/b] [b]| [url=http://][DBRPG][/url][/b]
You can call me Rick because I'm not actually Piccolo.
I missed out on all of the DB Movie fun, huh?[quote]Point blank: it's gonna suck if you want it to. Personally, I'm seeing it as a comedy.[/quote][/size]

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Sat Oct 21, 2006 9:35 am

Uh-oh...
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

MartianOddity
Beyond Newbie

Post by MartianOddity » Sat Oct 21, 2006 10:05 am

Great article! As far as I know, it's structured very well and the language and content are great too.
Good people last longer!

desirecampbell

Post by desirecampbell » Sat Oct 21, 2006 12:30 pm

Mr.Piccolo wrote:I'm not talking about "nicknames" in general I'm just talking about things that are said online that you wouldn't say out loud to people face to face. For you to say that you say nothing here that you wouldn't say in person is complete bullshit and you know it. Yes, I had a problem with what you said and I addressed it but you should know that its obviously not the same as adressing it to your face because if that was the case you wouldn't say the shit you say now. By the way did you actually change your avatar back to make a point in this? Christ...
What exactly is your problem with my post, then? You called me an ignorant Canadian. That's all you did. You then said I was hiding behind "internet anonymity". What exactly did I say to piss you off? Was it the word "nigger"? Is the word "nigger", in and of itself, offensive to you? I can't even utter it without you insulting me? Do you think I wouldn't say the word "nigger" in person? Is my repitition of a word offensive to you? Was my post ignored simply because of that?

I hold that 'otaku', while originally meant as an insult and can still be used as such, many individuals use it amonst themselves with such negative denotations. I liken this to the word "nigger".

Do you disagree with my position?

Steven Perry
Advanced Regular

Post by Steven Perry » Sat Oct 21, 2006 1:05 pm

Mr. Announcer wrote:It's a good essay but I'm a bit disturbed by the use of Otaku here. You defined it as anime fans when in reality it's a highly derogatory term for the most obsessive of nerds....of any fandom! I understand that it's starting to mean that here in America, but I for one as an anime fan still wouldn't want to be called an otaku....and I can't understand the people who call themselves that, proudly.
Here the definition at Dictionary.com:

Yup, it certainly is a derogatory term. The day when I 'never leave home' will be the day when I loose my mind. :P

I don't think anyone here is truly an Otaku. Unless... of course... you've been infected with the Otaku virus! :shock: Them guys at Otaku Generation are the culprits, and are the main reason for the rise in obesity. Soon, everyone will be Otaku zombies. Oh no! Mike and Meri did a podcast there, so they must've secretly implanted an egg into their little brains! THE END IS NEAR! :shock:
Desiré wrote:I say nothing here I wouldn't say in person. I have always been against internet nicknames. That's my picture, that's my name, that's my address. Don't pull that "anonymous" shit on me.

Holy shi-

THAT'S YOUR REAL NAME?! Your name is actually "Desire"? Oh my... that's so cool... and so... Desirable...

P.S: Mr. Piccolo, be quiet you GREEN NIGGA!
XBL: CallyMan90 | YouTube | DeviantART

~ LAST SURVIVING MEMBER OF ROOM 29 ~

Mr.Piccolo
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Mr.Piccolo » Sat Oct 21, 2006 1:15 pm

P.S: Mr. Piccolo, be quiet you GREEN NIGGA!
Wasting...to much...energy...talking at the level of... the ignorant. :shock: The things I say (have said) are for your own good. Do what you will, but don't say anyone didn't try to guide you the right way. Because I-
[goes for the door, turns around and sighs, then leaves]

-EDIT-...the video was funny though.
Last edited by Mr.Piccolo on Sat Oct 21, 2006 4:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
[size=92][b][url=http://www.freewebs.com/rickistheboss/][RICKisBOSS][/url] | [/b] [color=green][b][Green Team][/color][/b] [b]|[/b] [b][url=http://db.schuby.org/daizex/viewtopic.php?t=4512][R29 DUB][/url][/b] [b]| [url=http://][DBRPG][/url][/b]
You can call me Rick because I'm not actually Piccolo.
I missed out on all of the DB Movie fun, huh?[quote]Point blank: it's gonna suck if you want it to. Personally, I'm seeing it as a comedy.[/quote][/size]

Steven Perry
Advanced Regular

Post by Steven Perry » Sat Oct 21, 2006 1:17 pm

Guys, I just have to link to this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OrrC-V3M ... ed&search=
XBL: CallyMan90 | YouTube | DeviantART

~ LAST SURVIVING MEMBER OF ROOM 29 ~

desirecampbell

Post by desirecampbell » Sat Oct 21, 2006 1:25 pm

Steven Perry wrote:Holy shi-
THAT'S YOUR REAL NAME?! Your name is actually "Desire"? Oh my... that's so cool... and so... Desirable...
Yeah... I love my crazy name (which I spell incorrectly).

Sebastian (SB)
Advanced Regular

Post by Sebastian (SB) » Sat Oct 21, 2006 5:53 pm

Steven Perry wrote:Guys, I just have to link to this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OrrC-V3M ... ed&search=
That video was tha shit man!! Thanks, you never cease to suprise me. :lol:
XBL Gamertag: Dragon Piece
Send me a message letting me know who you are
[quote="penguintruth"]In the case of the Mountain Dew, the DBZ dub is like drinking Mountain Dew and thinking, "I sure do love Coca Cola!"[/quote]

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Sat Oct 21, 2006 6:29 pm

Goodness gracious, I've created yet another monster. I "nevva" should have brought this thing up...
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

Thanos6
Advanced Regular

Post by Thanos6 » Sun Oct 22, 2006 9:01 am

I did a paper discussing DB genetics for my biology class, and got a 92 on it.
Trunks & Goten forever