Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Resurrection 'F'"

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Resurrection F

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:48 pm

I'm honestly kind of surprised they didn't just opt to call it 'Resurrection of Frieza, but I guess they wanted to keep the title as close to the Japanese as possible. Resurrection F it is!
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Fukkatsu no F"

Post by Big Momma » Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:52 pm

Castor Troy wrote:Got my ticket to the premiere! 8)
Dammit, Troy. First time I've seen a post from you in years and all it does is make me jealous! :P
Rocketman(In response to a post about Pandora's Box) wrote: I sat here for ten damn minutes wondering what the hell God of War had to do with any of this.
Insertclevername wrote:I plan to lose my virginity to Dragon Box 2.
Youtube | Art/Animation Blog

SSJGFrieza
Banned

Post by SSJGFrieza » Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:00 pm

Castor Troy wrote:Got my ticket to the premiere! 8)
You will be kind enough to spill the beans about the plot yes? :thumbup:
Linda Young 4 lyfe

Herms
Kanzenshuu Admin Emeritus

Post by Herms » Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:04 pm

Gyt Kaliba wrote:I'm honestly kind of surprised they didn't just opt to call it 'Resurrection of Frieza, but I guess they wanted to keep the title as close to the Japanese as possible. Resurrection F it is!
I wonder if one of the factors behind their decision was that they wanted the title to sound as different from "The Return of Cooler" and "Cooler's Revenge" as it possibly could. Just to try and avoid confusion and/or people derisively saying this movie's the same as those other "Freeza-related character back for revenge" movies.
Kanzenshuu: Is that place still around?
Sometimes, I tweet things
We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:13 pm

Herms wrote:I wonder if one of the factors behind their decision was that they wanted the title to sound as different from "The Return of Cooler" and "Cooler's Revenge" as it possibly could. Just to try and avoid confusion and/or people derisively saying this movie's the same as those other "Freeza-related character back for revenge" movies.
Hmm, maybe. Gotta admit, I didn't think of that. Either way, I'm sure at least a good few minutes were spent discussing what they were going to call the movie, because I'm sure it had to not only pass the marketing department's approval, but Toei's as well. (I'm assuming that kind of thing actually has to be discussed beforehand anyway).
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:21 pm

That's not the point. Point is this isn't all about money. Not every decision is on the what's gonna profit. I doubt that's what Toriyama's mindset is on.

Oh you can bet that the creation of the Super Saiyan God form was most definitely done for financial reasons as opposed to any story related reasons.

They aren't stupid they knew perfectly well that giving Goku a new form in the movie would get people in seats as it was as big a selling point as Toriyama's involvement and it worked like a charm.

You're kidding yourself if you think it wasn't about the money.

It's just like Golden Frieza and the characters new outfits for this movie, it's purely for financial reasons. One Piece Strong World and Film Z did the same thing, gave the characters new outfits because it allows for new merchandise to sell, that's all it is.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:24 pm

Bullza wrote:
That's not the point. Point is this isn't all about money. Not every decision is on the what's gonna profit. I doubt that's what Toriyama's mindset is on.

Oh you can bet that the creation of the Super Saiyan God form was most definitely done for financial reasons as opposed to a story related or any other kind of reasons.

They aren't stupid they'd know perfectly well that giving Goku a new form in the movie would get people in seats as it was as big a selling point as Toriyama's involvement and it worked like a charm.

You're kidding yourself if you think it wasn't about the money.

It's just like Golden Freeza and the characters new outfits for this movie, it's purely for financial reasons. One Piece Strong World and Film Z did the same thing, gave the characters new outfits because it allows for new merchandise to sell, that's all it is.
If it was all money they would include Super Saiyan and Super Saiyan God in the movie since both forms would draw a crowd. More forms means more toys and merch.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:25 pm

And I would buy those ssjg figures. I would give them money for those.

I'm still disappointed we never got any figures of sweatsuit Gokû; not even a WCF figure.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:34 pm

Nappa, Raditz, Tullece, Paragus, and Evil Bardock need to come together and give their energy to Broly.

The Legendary Super Saiyan Devil is close among us.
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

EA575
Regular

Post by EA575 » Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:36 pm

Chuquita wrote:And I would buy those ssjg figures. I would give them money for those.

I'm still disappointed we never got any figures of sweatsuit Gokû; not even a WCF figure.
Probably because sweatsuit Goku wasn't in the theatrical cut and the extended cut was aired only once in Japan a year after it premiered in theaters. If the Extended version was shown in theaters, they might have had enough time to make a figure for him.
Last edited by EA575 on Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Analytical Delusion
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Analytical Delusion » Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:37 pm

Is it pretty much a given that Freeza's going to be defeated in this movie? There does seem to be a lot of hype around Vegeta, so I'm guessing it wouldn't be a huge surprise. This does very much seem like it's going to be a film trilogy (BoG/FnF/2017 movie...would be a very pleasant surprise if there are titles), though for a couple of reasons, it seems unlikely Freeza would surive:

(1) The other universes that were alluded to in BoG haven't been addressed.
(2) I don't know if Toriyama would want to put two consecutive movies out there in which the villain isn't defeated.

It does seem like it would be a huge, huge waste to come up with a means for Freeza to come back and presumably reach god tier, and not survive through the credits (though maybe that's the Namek Saga fanboy in me).

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:37 pm

fadeddreams5 wrote:Nappa, Raditz, Tullece, Paragus, and Evil Bardock need to come together and give their energy to Broly.

Of all things to derail conversations about Resurrection F, you choose this.

Dyno
Banned

Post by Dyno » Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:38 pm

fadeddreams5 wrote:Nappa, Raditz, Tullece, Paragus, and Evil Bardock need to come together and give their energy to Broly.

Don't you have anything better to contribute here?

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:40 pm

EA575 wrote:
Chuquita wrote:And I would buy those ssjg figures. I would give them money for those.

Probably because sweatsuit Goku wasn't in the theatrical cut and the extended cut was aired only once in Japan a year after it premiered in theaters. If the Extended version was shown in theaters, they might have had enough time to make a figure for him.
He was in the theatrical cut. He had an additional scene in the extended version, but he was in both.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:42 pm

If it was all money they would include Super Saiyan and Super Saiyan God in the movie since both forms would draw a crowd. More forms means more toys and merch.

No not really, there isn't going to be a significant amount of people (if any) that would suddenly have the urge to pay to see it just because Goku specifically turned Super Saiyan when that's been around forever and even the Super Saiyan God isn't new anymore so it wouldn't make any difference.

If Gotenks went Super Saiyan 3 in Battle of Gods it wouldn't have made the movie gross any more money.

Between Golden Frieza and the characters new outfits they have plenty of new merchandise to come up with, more than Battle of Gods did anyway.

EA575
Regular

Post by EA575 » Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:44 pm

Chuquita wrote:
EA575 wrote:

He was in the theatrical cut. He had an additional scene in the extended version, but he was in both.
Now I remember. I just associated the time he spent with King Kai prior to Beerus's arrival to be part of the extended cut :oops:
Hmm, maybe if he wore it more often or he fought in it, then it could have been a figure...

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:46 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:

Of all things to derail conversations about Resurrection F, you choose this.
Dyno wrote:

Don't you have anything better to contribute here?
I'm sorry, I'm sorry. I had to in the midst of the news. lol.
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:46 pm

Bullza wrote:

No not really, there isn't going to be a significant amount of people (if any) that would suddenly have the urge to pay to see it just because Goku specifically turned Super Saiyan when that's been around forever and even the Super Saiyan God isn't new anymore so it wouldn't make any difference.

If Gotenks went Super Saiyan 3 in Battle of Gods it wouldn't have made the movie gross any more money.

Between Golden Freeza and the characters new outfits they have plenty of new merchandise to come up with, more than Battle of Gods did anyway.
You kidding. A clash between Goku and Freeza's ultimate forms would bring the hype. Agreed about Gotenks since he's not that popular or the main character. I bet tons of people will be disappointed if Goku doesn't go Super something as Super Saiyan played a huge role in the Freeza arc. Besides more forms means more bucks. They can make base Goku, God Goku, Super Saiyan Goku figures, and all that junk.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

jcogginsa
Advanced Regular

Post by jcogginsa » Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:54 pm

Analytical Delusion wrote:Is it pretty much a given that Freeza's going to be defeated in this movie? There does seem to be a lot of hype around Vegeta, so I'm guessing it wouldn't be a huge surprise. This does very much seem like it's going to be a film trilogy (BoG/FnF/2017 movie...would be a very pleasant surprise if there are titles), though for a couple of reasons, it seems unlikely Freeza would surive:

(1) The other universes that were alluded to in BoG haven't been addressed.
(2) I don't know if Toriyama would want to put two consecutive movies out there in which the villain isn't defeated.

It does seem like it would be a huge, huge waste to come up with a means for Freeza to come back and presumably reach god tier, and not survive through the credits (though maybe that's the Namek Saga fanboy in me).
Calling it now, Frieza gets redeemed and becomes an ally

Kakarot9001
Banned

Post by Kakarot9001 » Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:58 pm

Tsufuru wrote:akira toriyama can continue the manga without ignoring GT.
you know why? cuz GT is not even his work. simple.

how is veget's bahavoir in BoG a plot hole? did you forget buu saga? also thats called character devolpment.
the next step from his character devolpment from buu saga vegeta is him actualy realy loving his family:|

you cleary dont know what you are talking about.
SSJGFrieza wrote:You don't understand the concept of character development do you?
He can't because GT is a direct sequel to the animated series.

You say that Vegeta being ridiculous is a character devolpment?

Well, so... In the next movie maybe they will make Goku fighting with a enemy dressing a tutu to be his character devolpment lol
SSJGFrieza wrote:Let's face it the only ones who hated BoG are Z fans who think Dragonball should be staring, screaming and violent all the time.
Not really, I quite like DB... I even made a thread about why they didn't started Kai at DB instead of Z.
Hugo Boss wrote:Ressurection F sounds weird when translated into Portuguese (Ressureição Freeza). Maybe English has its own way to make sense. I would prefer "The Ressurection of F". I wonder how the brazilian studio will translate it.
They already translated, mate. It's "Ressurreição de Freeza" it is described in FOX website
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:It is pointless engaging discussion with Kakarot9001 especially since he admitted that he doesn't bother reading people's posts.
No. It's just that I read really fast which makes me do some hasty assumptions sometimes.
dbzfan7 wrote:Besides Freeza fighting a Super Saiyan God looks cooler than Freeza fighting base Saiyans.
I quite disagree, It would be cool to Goku show his SSJ levels (just like he did before being owned by Beerus) with Freeza, but yeah... This will never happen.