Did Eduarzo Garza just confirm FnF extended version?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Xeogran
I Live Here

Re: Did Eduarzo Garza just confirm FnF extended version?

Post by Xeogran » Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:27 am

Low Tone G wrote:If it's a FnF extended cut, then I wish them to have some scene of Freeza's training session, nothing else.
Golden Freeza actually attacking Beerus would have been amazing. Although I think it would intervene with plot too much to have a chance of happening.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:25 pm

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that that if the extended version does indeed exist, it gets screened in theaters.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:12 pm

*Hopes extended version has ssjg Gokû ala the Toyotaro manga scene; or just in there in general.*
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

batistabus
Patreon Supporter

Post by batistabus » Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:06 pm

TheRed259 wrote:I will post this video here as well because as it seems Goten does appear in the film.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GqVPy8t ... e&t=29m21s
The things he says about Goten are: "Goten!" and "Goten, no!"

I mean, it could be dubbing for Kai, despite the guy presenting the footage saying "Let's listen to the original voices in this new film". If it is RoF, maybe Goku talks about his family after *spoiler*?

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see Goten appear in this film somehow, but it just seems weird that they would have had him in originally and then cut him, unless he just shows up with Trunks, they try to fight someone, and then they are forced to leave.

TheRed259
Advanced Regular

Post by TheRed259 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:16 pm

First of all, we don't know if the original cast returns for the Buu arc of Kai. Also, I can't think of any scene from the Buu Saga where Goku could say such things.

Beerus-sama
Advanced Regular

Post by Beerus-sama » Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:41 pm

I don't buy it (even if I was excited for an extended edition first because of this :P )
It seems to me he's throwing lines out of nowhere for fun...
Sleeping until the tournament is over.

majinboogc
Not-So-Newbie

Post by majinboogc » Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:57 pm

Given that Mario Castañeda made the Wonder Years joke at the end of that take... I think it was meant as a teaser rather than actual dubbing.
I am SaiyaKaizoku.

What happened happened and couldn't have happened any other way. - Morpheus (The Matrix Reloaded)

danielsan_190196
Beyond Newbie

Post by danielsan_190196 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:22 pm

TheRed259 wrote:I will post this video here as well because as it seems Goten does appear in the film.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GqVPy8t ... e&t=29m21s
I think the "Goten line" he said wasn't real. If you look closely, you'll notice that he was joking

majinboogc
Not-So-Newbie

Post by majinboogc » Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:36 pm

danielsan_190196 wrote:I think the "Goten line" he said wasn't real. If you look closely, you'll notice that he was joking
I agree, he was just messing around. If I remember correctly, the camera pans over to the other voice actors and director outside the booth. You normally would have seen a screen with the video playing if it were a serious recording session.
I am SaiyaKaizoku.

What happened happened and couldn't have happened any other way. - Morpheus (The Matrix Reloaded)

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:40 pm

The Goten line is FAKE...well..unofficial (not fake).

Some of..a..
Last edited by TheGmGoken on Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:01 am, edited 2 times in total.

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:00 am

Its Son of a ,Goken.Sorry but wonky English REALLY bothers me.

I do agree with you.Eduardo Garza wikl have reached a new low if he indeed is stringing fans like that ESPECIALLY those that wanted to see Laura Torres return.

I even have a feeling he might be talking about the new Shin-chan movie where Torres plays the lead role which he will direct. I will lose the last shres of respect I had for him if that is the case.
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:02 am

Cure Dragon 255 wrote:Its Son of a ,Goken.Sorry but wonky English REALLY bothers me.

I censored it.

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:06 am

Wow. Then I love your post. Really clever. Its Really hard to pick intent on a written forum lol.
I hope Garza isnt stringing people along or ELSE
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

TheRed259
Advanced Regular

Post by TheRed259 » Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:38 am

danielsan_190196 wrote:I think the "Goten line" he said wasn't real. If you look closely, you'll notice that he was joking
I know. But then, I remembered the 1st post of this topic and I thought that there might be a chance for Goten to appear.
However, some of the lines he said must be from the scene where Vegeta attacks Goku.

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:19 am

I would love the release of the extended BoG version here. I had the theatrical version on Blu ray but sold it once the extended american version got released.

Valerius Dover
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Valerius Dover » Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:21 am

So, I guess it's a false alarm, then? I figured it'd be way too early for one to be in the works.
Now available on Twitter.
https://twitter.com/ValeriusDover

The Internet summed up in four words.
"This sucks. Make more."

Beerus-sama
Advanced Regular

Post by Beerus-sama » Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:22 pm

Cure Dragon 255 wrote: I do agree with you.Eduardo Garza wikl have reached a new low if he indeed is stringing fans like that ESPECIALLY those that wanted to see Laura Torres return.
Theres a picture of all the cast of voice actors that took part in the dub and she's there, so I think she might do the voice for one or more of the angels.

batistabus
Patreon Supporter

Post by batistabus » Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:03 pm

As a side, I haven't seen a whole lot of the Latin American Spanish dub of Dragon Ball, but based on this clip and some other stuff I've seen....this guy really doesn't seem like a good actor. Is this the same guy people went nuts about when they recast Goku in Kai?

Beerus-sama
Advanced Regular

Post by Beerus-sama » Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:27 pm

batistabus wrote:As a side, I haven't seen a whole lot of the Latin American Spanish dub of Dragon Ball, but based on this clip and some other stuff I've seen....this guy really doesn't seem like a good actor. Is this the same guy people went nuts about when they recast Goku in Kai?
Do you mean Mario Castañeda?
yeah, hes the second voice for Goku (the first was Laura Torres as kid Goku).