Official On-Going DBZ 2013 Movie Thread: "Battle of Gods"

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Tenshin_Saiyan

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2013 Movie Thread: "Battle of Gods

Post by Tenshin_Saiyan » Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:59 am

Unfortunately, the movie is already on youtube. I'm still waiting to see it on big screen here in Brazil next month.

kei17
I Live Here

Post by kei17 » Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:59 am

Aw, just as I feared, the score is mixed in 5.1ch, which is nearly impossible to remove. Probably I can't make a Kikuchi score version. :yawn:

Gonstead
I Live Here

Post by Gonstead » Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:07 am

kei17 wrote:Aw, just as I feared, the score is mixed in 5.1ch, which is nearly impossible to remove. Probably I can't make a Kikuchi score version. :yawn:
Well, at least there may be hope for the dub version :L
Visit DragonBallFigures for all your Dragon Ball figure info and needs!
Mayuri Kurotsuchi wrote:"In this world, nothing perfect exists. It may be a cliche after all but it's the way things are. That's precisely why ordinary men pursue the concept of perfection, it's infatuation. But ultimately I have to ask myself "What is the true meaning of being perfect?" and the answer I came up with was nothing. Not one thing. The truth of the matter is I despise perfection! If something is truly perfect, that's IT! The bottom line becomes there is no room for imagination! No space for intelligence or ability or improvement! Do you understand? To men of science like us, perfection is a dead end, a condition of hopelessness. Always strive to be better than anything that came before you but not perfect! Scientist's agonize over the attempt to achieve perfection! That's the kind of creatures we are! We take joy in trying to exceed our grasp, in trying to reach for something that in the end, we have to admit may in fact be unreachable!"
MY HOLY GRAIL (110% Serious. Please sell me one)

Gonstead
I Live Here

Post by Gonstead » Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:08 am

Tenshin_Saiyan wrote:Unfortunately, the movie is already on youtube. I'm still waiting to see it on big screen here in Brazil next month.
Same here. I'm holding out on seeing the movie until next month.
Mayuri Kurotsuchi wrote:"In this world, nothing perfect exists. It may be a cliche after all but it's the way things are. That's precisely why ordinary men pursue the concept of perfection, it's infatuation. But ultimately I have to ask myself "What is the true meaning of being perfect?" and the answer I came up with was nothing. Not one thing. The truth of the matter is I despise perfection! If something is truly perfect, that's IT! The bottom line becomes there is no room for imagination! No space for intelligence or ability or improvement! Do you understand? To men of science like us, perfection is a dead end, a condition of hopelessness. Always strive to be better than anything that came before you but not perfect! Scientist's agonize over the attempt to achieve perfection! That's the kind of creatures we are! We take joy in trying to exceed our grasp, in trying to reach for something that in the end, we have to admit may in fact be unreachable!"

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:29 am

So, Kei, is Twitter translating your Tweet here the way it seems to be?

https://twitter.com/M1120A/status/378402360030007296
God and Blu-ray, with Japan and English subtitles for the hearing impaired is nice!
Does the/a Bluray release of the film really have English subtitles?! :shock:
Dragon Ball ended in 1997.

kei17
I Live Here

Post by kei17 » Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:32 am

Kaboom wrote:So, Kei, is Twitter translating your Tweet here the way it seems to be?

https://twitter.com/M1120A/status/378402360030007296
God and Blu-ray, with Japan and English subtitles for the hearing impaired is nice!
Does the/a Bluray release of the film really have English subtitles?! :shock:
No. It's got only Japanese subs.

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:33 am

kei17 wrote:No. It's got only Japanese subs.
Aw, phooey. Curse your confusing translations, Twitter! So what did you mean to say?
Dragon Ball ended in 1997.

kei17
I Live Here

Post by kei17 » Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:47 am

Kaboom wrote:
Aw, phooey. Curse your confusing translations, Twitter! So what did you mean to say?
I said it's nice that the Blu-ray of BoG has Japanese subs for people with hearing difficulties.

Vegard Aune
Advanced Regular

Post by Vegard Aune » Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:48 am

songohan619 wrote:I would go for the DVD, because I don`t have a region free BluRay player!
The BluRay is region-free though. That, or they simply forgot to put any indication of the region-coding on the package or the disc itself, which strikes me as a pretty evil slip-up to make.

Daimo-Rukiri
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Daimo-Rukiri » Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:53 am

Gonstead wrote:
kei17 wrote:Aw, just as I feared, the score is mixed in 5.1ch, which is nearly impossible to remove. Probably I can't make a Kikuchi score version. :yawn:
Well, at least there may be hope for the dub version :L
That doesn't mean there will be separate tracks for music, sounds, and vocals. I also can't wait to hear the dub version. I really wish the beers fight could have gone on for a little while longer but if 12 universes and beers wakes up in 3 years is any indication there is a possibility of a sequel. I hope sales go well!

I probably won't watch it on the the teli until next week as I plan on watching all the films (I may need a couple of boxes of pizza as it'll be a long sit down and a decade since I've seen them all).

TheRed259
Advanced Regular

Post by TheRed259 » Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:45 am

I did like the new animation, the fight between Vegeta and Birusu and Dr. Slump's (Senbei Norimaki's) cameo.

However, I didn't like that much the animation for Vegeta's mouth in some scenes. Also, the music wasn't that good and I noticed that they used the ''Bulma No Tanjoubi Party'' BGM twice but overall, it was a great movie !

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:00 am

It left Tennessee 3 1/2 hours ago. If it was by plane it should definitely be here by late morning.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

DragonBoxZTheMovies
I Live Here

Post by DragonBoxZTheMovies » Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:09 am

Ugh, why did I have to read all of those Tweets with people bragging about how they've downloaded the movie.

Damn it, internet. So...easy...to...obtain...film. Package...still...one...to...three...weeks...away.

I can't stand this waiting!! :sick:

Kakarot88
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Kakarot88 » Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:29 am

Kaboom wrote:
And Chineese and Korean subs unless fan subs are already floating around in those languages :wtf:
"You might think you know everything there is to know about me, but really, you're not even CLOSE."

"Never give in--never, never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy." ~ Sir Winston Chruchill / Dragon Ball Z in a nutshell

How I enjoy the anime:

Vegard Aune
Advanced Regular

Post by Vegard Aune » Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:40 am

Kakarot88 wrote:And Chineese and Korean subs unless fan subs are already floating around in those languages :wtf:
That is quite remarkable... Unless perhaps those were initially translated from like, an audio-transcript and so they've had a translation lying around for ages or something. Because there's only one subtitle-track on the disc.

Gonstead
I Live Here

Post by Gonstead » Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:41 am

DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote:Ugh, why did I have to read all of those Tweets with people bragging about how they've downloaded the movie.

Damn it, internet. So...easy...to...obtain...film. Package...still...one...to...three...weeks...away.

I can't stand this waiting!! :sick:
At least you'll be able to own the movie.

Try not owning it, waiting for it to come to the theatres AND knowing that it's out there within a few clicks of a mouse...

BlackCatScott
Regular

Post by BlackCatScott » Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:44 am

I've waited so long to watch this film, I'm not going to ruin it now and watch it with no subtitles.

Wonder how long it takes to get subbed?

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:48 am

In NJ as of a little over an hour ago. So close. X3
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

SaiyamanMS
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaiyamanMS » Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:50 am

Vegard Aune wrote:
songohan619 wrote:I would go for the DVD, because I don`t have a region free BluRay player!
The BluRay is region-free though. That, or they simply forgot to put any indication of the region-coding on the package or the disc itself, which strikes me as a pretty evil slip-up to make.
I'm going for the DVD simply because I'll be able to take screencaps on my laptop (and I'll probably get the eventual English release on Blu-Ray), but I own Japanese copies of Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu and all of the Pocket Monsters films on Blu-Ray and they're clearly region free as they work in my region B player. As far as I can tell, being region free is a standard feature of Japanese anime Blu-Rays?

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:16 am

BlackCatScott wrote:I've waited so long to watch this film, I'm not going to ruin it now and watch it with no subtitles.

Wonder how long it takes to get subbed?
As long as it takes. Translating, timing, editing, typesetting, encoding and quality checking a movie is a lot of work. It depends very much on how much spare time and what kind of quality the ones subtitling it are putting into it.