Kai Episode 8 (24 May 2009)

Individual discussions for each episode of Dragon Ball Kai.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DemonRin
Advanced Regular

Post by DemonRin » Mon May 25, 2009 4:18 pm

MAYBE I was Right, and MAYBE it was JUST the gaping hole that was a problem?

and this also possibly confirms the thought I had that editing out the Pool of blood at Raditz' mouth was possibly a continuity Edit (Even in Z, if you watch the scene there's a Pool of Blood in ONE shot of the scene, and then in ever subsequent shot, it's gone)

Rod
Regular

Post by Rod » Mon May 25, 2009 4:30 pm

It looks like blood, I'm praying this didn't slip by the animators, and was left on purpose :? That way the censoring isn't as bad

bkev
I Live Here

Post by bkev » Mon May 25, 2009 4:38 pm

Lookit how shiny it is... I think Alakazam's right, might be oil.
[quote="Brakus"]For all the flack that FUNimation gets on this forum for their quote about DBZ, there's some modicum of truth to it: a 9-year-old is born every day. Or in some cases, "reborn". DBZ may be a kids' show, but it's been so close to so many hearts all over Japan, America, and quite possibly, even the world.[/quote]

tlsmith1963

Post by tlsmith1963 » Mon May 25, 2009 10:29 pm

I have been downloading the show every week from Suppiido, but suddenly starting with episode 8 I can't play it on any of the players I have on my computer. Which one works for people, & if I can't get theirs to play (it's an mp4 file), would an rmvb file work on any players? I'm coming across those kind of files as I look for an alternative to Suppiido.

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Mon May 25, 2009 10:37 pm

tlsmith1963 wrote:I have been downloading the show every week from Suppiido, but suddenly starting with episode 8 I can't play it on any of the players I have on my computer. Which one works for people, & if I can't get theirs to play (it's an mp4 file), would an rmvb file work on any players? I'm coming across those kind of files as I look for an alternative to Suppiido.
If you haven't already, download and install the Combined Community Codec Pack. It's usually a fix-all for most "why won't this video/audio clip play?" problems.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

tlsmith1963

Post by tlsmith1963 » Mon May 25, 2009 11:43 pm

SSj Kaboom wrote:
tlsmith1963 wrote:I have been downloading the show every week from Suppiido, but suddenly starting with episode 8 I can't play it on any of the players I have on my computer. Which one works for people, & if I can't get theirs to play (it's an mp4 file), would an rmvb file work on any players? I'm coming across those kind of files as I look for an alternative to Suppiido.
If you haven't already, download and install the Combined Community Codec Pack. It's usually a fix-all for most "why won't this video/audio clip play?" problems.
It works perfectly. Thank you so much! :D

SHINOBI-03
I Live Here

Post by SHINOBI-03 » Wed May 27, 2009 3:01 am

ARGH!! Fansubs said "Saibamen" instead of "Saibaimen"

It wouldn't be off if they will use "Fri/eza" instead "Freeza"...
Hell, even Japanese media are starting to use Fri/eza as confirmed by VegettoEX THREE times in the past:

1- Battle Staduim D. O. N.
2- Jump Ultimate Stars
3- Dragon Ball Z: Burst Limit
My Dragon Ball Story (500th post)
My Anime List
My Manga List
Big Momma wrote:This is Daizex. There's gonna be complaints and groaning no matter what. ;)
Anime Insider magazine wrote:If police officers in the future dress like prostitutes, then what do prostitutes in the future wear?

Herms
Kanzenshuu Admin Emeritus

Post by Herms » Wed May 27, 2009 3:27 am

SHINOBI-03 wrote:ARGH!! Fansubs said "Saibamen" instead of "Saibaimen"
What's with people dropping the last "i" off the end, anyway? Is it the Funi spelling, or just some really common typo?
Kanzenshuu: Is that place still around?
Sometimes, I tweet things
We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

Kendamu
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kendamu » Wed May 27, 2009 3:55 am

Herms wrote:
What's with people dropping the last "i" off the end, anyway? Is it the Funi spelling, or just some really common typo?
Stared with the Saban dub. I originally heard it as "Cybermen" but they didn't look robotic at all so it confused me.
(they/she)

My Martial Arts Website -- https://mybudo.carrd.co

Coola Yagami
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Coola Yagami » Wed May 27, 2009 7:52 pm

Hell, even Japanese media are starting to use Fri/eza as confirmed by VegettoEX THREE times in the past:

2- Jump Ultimate Stars

AT should have had Freeza wear a 'Freeza' t-shirt, to end all disputes. Imagine all the Bloomer/Blooma/Buruma arguements that were avoided cause Bulma wore a 'Bulma' shirt on the first episode/issue?

SSJ Helldog
Regular

Post by SSJ Helldog » Wed May 27, 2009 8:15 pm

Kendamu wrote:
Herms wrote:
Stared with the Saban dub. I originally heard it as "Cybermen" but they didn't look robotic at all so it confused me.
Wait, how's the word supposed to sound? I always say "Sigh-buh". Is it "Sigh-buy"?

Hujio
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by Hujio » Wed May 27, 2009 8:57 pm

SSJ Helldog wrote:Wait, how's the word supposed to sound? I always say "Sigh-buh". Is it "Sigh-buy"?
"Sigh-buh-man" is how FUNimation pronounces it, and spells it "Saibaman", I believe. In Japanese, it is pronounced "sigh-buy-man" because there is an "i" following the "ba" and romanized as "Saibaiman". The same thing goes for "Saiya". Since the "i" follows "sa", it is pronounced "sigh-ya" in Japanese, but FUNimation pronounces it "say-ya". I've always wondered why they pronounce the two differently, but I'm often confused about FUNimation.
:: [| Heath "Hujio" Cutler |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu |] - [| Twitter |] ::

SSJ Helldog
Regular

Post by SSJ Helldog » Wed May 27, 2009 9:00 pm

Hujio wrote:
SSJ Helldog wrote:Wait, how's the word supposed to sound? I always say "Sigh-buh". Is it "Sigh-buy"?
"Sigh-buh-man" is how FUNimation pronounces it, and spells it "Saibaman", I believe. In Japanese, it is pronounced "sigh-buy-man" because there is an "i" following the "ba" and romanized as "Saibaiman". The same thing goes for "Saiya". Since the "i" follows "sa", it is pronounced "sigh-ya" in Japanese, but FUNimation pronounces it "say-ya". I've always wondered why they pronounce the two differently, but I'm often confused about FUNimation.
I was familiar with the Saiyan differences, but Saibai is new to me. Yay, I learned something!

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Wed May 27, 2009 9:34 pm

Coola Yagami wrote:

2- Jump Ultimate Stars

AT should have had Freeza wear a 'Freeza' t-shirt, to end all disputes. Imagine all the Bloomer/Blooma/Buruma arguements that were avoided cause Bulma wore a 'Bulma' shirt on the first episode/issue?
As hilarious as the mental image of Freeza in a "Freeza" t-shirt is; I don't think it'd have solved things because Goku's spacesuit says "Gokuh" while the baseball cap of his that Piccolo borrowed in the driving episode says "Gokuu".

There's also Kuririn's "Kulilin" baseball hat.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Hujio
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by Hujio » Wed May 27, 2009 10:22 pm

For anyone that's interested, we have our review up on Kanzentai for the eighth episode of DragonBall Kai. I hope everyone enjoys it!

DBK Episode 008, "Come Forth, Shenron! The Saiya-jin Finally Arrive on Earth"

Yeah! We're back on schedule!

Credits:
Manga Comparison: Herms
Original Broadcast Comparison: Hujio
Music/Voice Performance Comparison: DBW
:: [| Heath "Hujio" Cutler |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu |] - [| Twitter |] ::

linkdude20002001
I Live Here

Post by linkdude20002001 » Wed May 27, 2009 10:37 pm

Chuquita wrote:
Coola Yagami wrote:

2- Jump Ultimate Stars

As hilarious as the mental image of Freeza in a "Freeza" t-shirt is; I don't think it'd have solved things because Goku's spacesuit says "Gokuh" while the baseball cap of his that Piccolo borrowed in the driving episode says "Gokuu".

There's also Kuririn's "Kulilin" baseball hat.
Since the driving episode was filler, it was Toei that put "Gokuu" on his hat (just like the "Gokou" cup in movie #3). Gokuh wears the "Gokuh" spacesuit in the comic, right? Because I know that "Gokuh" is how Toriyama has always spelt his name. But I agree, it still wouldn't solve any disputes. Mostly because almost no one spells his name that way and don't like it even though Toriyama spells it that way.

And "Kulilin" works just as well (or just as poorly) as "Kuririn" at bringing out the pun. Really, his name should be spelt "Kurilin" because it's a combination of "Kuri" and "Shaolin", but I've NEVER seen anyone use that spelling.

Innagadadavida
I Live Here

Post by Innagadadavida » Wed May 27, 2009 10:49 pm

I like Krillin. It's easy to pronounce. Just rolls right off the tongue.

Pain
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Pain » Wed May 27, 2009 11:19 pm

Innagadadavida wrote:I like Krillin. It's easy to pronounce. Just rolls right off the tongue.
Yeah, saying "Kuririn" too much makes me feel like I'm stuttering. :?
Forum Occupation: Rebel/"The Spoiler"
Member #:2148
Post Rank: #33
Greatest Dragonball Successor: One Piece
Forum Role Model: SSj Kaboom

Bleach Title Of The Week: All Colour But the Black

Herms
Kanzenshuu Admin Emeritus

Post by Herms » Wed May 27, 2009 11:33 pm

linkdude20002001 wrote:And "Kulilin" works just as well (or just as poorly) as "Kuririn" at bringing out the pun. Really, his name should be spelt "Kurilin" because it's a combination of "Kuri" and "Shaolin", but I've NEVER seen anyone use that spelling.
What source is there for the last part of his name coming from "Shaolin"? Toriyama's only ever mentioned the kuri pun.
Kanzenshuu: Is that place still around?
Sometimes, I tweet things
We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

Coola Yagami
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Coola Yagami » Thu May 28, 2009 1:55 am

Pain wrote:
Innagadadavida wrote:I like Krillin. It's easy to pronounce. Just rolls right off the tongue.
Yeah, saying "Kuririn" too much makes me feel like I'm stuttering. :?
You're not supposed to pronounce the 'u' so strongly. Kuririn sounds more like 'Kree-Reen' than you actually trying to say 'Ku Ree Reen'.. It's really not that hard to pronounce.