Kai Episode 9 (31 May 2009)

Individual discussions for each episode of Dragon Ball Kai.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

SSj_Rambo
I Live Here

Post by SSj_Rambo » Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:11 am

Herms wrote:
Rod wrote:By the way, what does Saibaiman mean? I never knew
Their name comes from combining saibai, "cultivation", with "man", so they're the Cultivation Men.
Wow, I was just listening to episode 0142 of the podcast (Manga Review of Awesomeness for volume 18 of the manga) today, and Mike explained what Saibaman stands means. I came here to answer Rod's question, and you had just answered it Herms! Darn you!!

DragonBalllKaiHD
I Live Here

Post by DragonBalllKaiHD » Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:12 am

Guys, stop worrying too much. They will fix it by the time Episode 10 airs. You are way too overreacting. Chill out dudes and dudletts :lol:
Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru's #1 biggest fan

A piece of animation is a beauty of art.

SSj_Rambo
I Live Here

Post by SSj_Rambo » Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:39 am

DragonBalllKaiHD wrote:Guys, stop worrying too much. They will fix it by the time Episode 10 airs. You are way too overreacting. Chill out dudes and dudletts :lol:
I don't think we're all overreacting. Personally I'm not even really angry about it, just shocked, intrigued and surprised.

Hujio
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by Hujio » Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:42 am

DragonBalllKaiHD wrote:Guys, stop worrying too much. They will fix it by the time Episode 10 airs. You are way too overreacting. Chill out dudes and dudletts :lol:
I don't think anyone is really overreacting about this issue. As a fan of the anime production process, I'm truly disheartened and shocked that something like this happened, especially in DragonBall. You'll never see something like this happen in any of the other major series that are currently airing, unless someone can correct me on that.

Trust me, I have no doubt that this will be corrected by the time episode 10 airs, but that doesn't dismiss the fact that it happened. This was broadcast on television, to millions of people. It has been viewed online, probably by millions of more people. That can't be too good for Toei's image.
:: [| Heath "Hujio" Cutler |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu |] - [| Twitter |] ::

bkev
I Live Here

Post by bkev » Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:45 am

Well, there WAS Naruto's missing head... and his tard face... and back in the old days that one time where Vegeta's wrong armor was drawn...
[quote="Brakus"]For all the flack that FUNimation gets on this forum for their quote about DBZ, there's some modicum of truth to it: a 9-year-old is born every day. Or in some cases, "reborn". DBZ may be a kids' show, but it's been so close to so many hearts all over Japan, America, and quite possibly, even the world.[/quote]

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:59 am

I guess they won't be fixing Lupin!Vegeta, if the redrawn images continue to look the way they do. :(
bkev wrote:Well, there WAS Naruto's missing head... and his tard face... and back in the old days that one time where Vegeta's wrong armor was drawn...
This Image
and this?
I've seen so many bizarre animation errors from Pierrot that I just generally avoid their work nowadays, even if I have interest in the manga they're adapting. (Saiyuki, for example.)

I think this look-at-my-chin Sasuke was pretty terrible: Image

By comparison, it doesn't make puppet!Nappa and puppet!Vegeta look as bad.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Herms
Kanzenshuu Admin Emeritus

Post by Herms » Fri Jun 05, 2009 5:25 am

Chuquita wrote:I guess they won't be fixing Lupin!Vegeta, if the redrawn images continue to look the way they do. :(
That scene is filler anyway, so there's a good chance it won't be in Kai at all.
SSj_Rambo wrote:I came here to answer Rod's question, and you had just answered it Herms! Darn you!!
Hahaha...sorry, I guess I'm just a little bit ahead of you, temporally-speaking.
Kanzenshuu: Is that place still around?
Sometimes, I tweet things
We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

B
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by B » Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:21 am

So I finally get around to watching this epsiode and I see this:

This made my so far crap day.

EDIT: Done, my favorite episode so far. Mayumi Tanaka blows my freakin' mind.
Keen Observation of Dragon Ball Z Movie 4's Climax wrote:Slug shits to see the genki

omegacwa
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by omegacwa » Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:03 pm

Hujio wrote:
I don't think anyone is really overreacting about this issue. As a fan of the anime production process, I'm truly disheartened and shocked that something like this happened, especially in DragonBall. You'll never see something like this happen in any of the other major series that are currently airing, unless someone can correct me on that.

Trust me, I have no doubt that this will be corrected by the time episode 10 airs, but that doesn't dismiss the fact that it happened. This was broadcast on television, to millions of people. It has been viewed online, probably by millions of more people. That can't be too good for Toei's image.
Well, I know it's probably a more difficult fix, but they still haven't filled in Yamcha's eyebrow in the opening. :shock:

Jurik
Beyond Newbie

Post by Jurik » Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:15 pm

Chuquita wrote:I guess they won't be fixing Lupin!Vegeta, if the redrawn images continue to look the way they do. :(
bkev wrote:Well, there WAS Naruto's missing head... and his tard face... and back in the old days that one time where Vegeta's wrong armor was drawn...
This Image
and this?
I've seen so many bizarre animation errors from Pierrot that I just generally avoid their work nowadays, even if I have interest in the manga they're adapting. (Saiyuki, for example.)

I think this look-at-my-chin Sasuke was pretty terrible: Image

By comparison, it doesn't make puppet!Nappa and puppet!Vegeta look as bad.
Great post! That sasuke looks like billy, the puppet fromn the movies SAW :P

SSj_Rambo
I Live Here

Post by SSj_Rambo » Fri Jun 05, 2009 7:08 pm

B wrote:So I finally get around to watching this epsiode and I see this:

*Snip*
*Snip*

Are you sure the actual dialogue is the same in both?

SSJ Helldog
Regular

Post by SSJ Helldog » Sat Jun 06, 2009 12:39 pm

Chuquita wrote:I think this look-at-my-chin Sasuke was pretty terrible: Image
Wow, weird. I just watched that episode (for the first time) today. I think that one works though, since they were under water.

As far as Tenshinhan's "screaming transperency attack," that shot with the missing layer was only visible for probably three frames, but good catch. I didn't even register it the first time I watched.

Hujio
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by Hujio » Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:40 pm

For anyone that's interested, we have our review up on Kanzentai for the ninth episode of DragonBall Kai. I hope everyone enjoys it!

DBK Episode 009, "Yamcha's Hard Struggle! The Terrifying Saibaimen"

Credits:
Manga Comparison: Herms
Original Broadcast Comparison: Hujio
Music/Voice Performance Comparison: DBW
:: [| Heath "Hujio" Cutler |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu |] - [| Twitter |] ::

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sat Jun 06, 2009 2:16 pm

Honest to God, I don't see what's so wrong about the Tenshinhan picture. Is it that white and black crap?
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

The Tori-bot
I Live Here

Post by The Tori-bot » Sat Jun 06, 2009 2:26 pm

JulieYBM wrote:Honest to God, I don't see what's so wrong about the Tenshinhan picture. Is it that white and black crap?
Yeppers.
New to the forum? Just want to know when you'll hit your next posting rank? Ever wondered why some users have special titles, and what they mean? The answers to all these questions and more are waiting for you in the Kanzenshuu Member Hierarchy Guide!!
"Of all the things to worry about... the Wookiee has no pants." -- Mark Hamill
Herms wrote:Really, you could translate either title either way and nobody would care. But God would know.

SSJ Helldog
Regular

Post by SSJ Helldog » Sat Jun 06, 2009 2:34 pm

JulieYBM wrote:Honest to God, I don't see what's so wrong about the Tenshinhan picture. Is it that white and black crap?
The "black and white crap" is what appears to represent a transparency in photo- and video editing software. There should be colored light or something there.

Vino
Beyond Newbie

Post by Vino » Sat Jun 06, 2009 3:56 pm

Hujio wrote:For anyone that's interested, we have our review up on Kanzentai for the ninth episode of DragonBall Kai. I hope everyone enjoys it!

DBK Episode 009, "Yamcha's Hard Struggle! The Terrifying Saibaimen"

Credits:
Manga Comparison: Herms
Original Broadcast Comparison: Hujio
Music/Voice Performance Comparison: DBW
Thanks for reviewing the episodes every week with much information. You are the best.

B
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by B » Sat Jun 06, 2009 8:25 pm

SSj_Rambo wrote:
B wrote:So I finally get around to watching this epsiode and I see this:

*Snip*
*Snip*

Are you sure the actual dialogue is the same in both?
Not sure what you're asking.
Keen Observation of Dragon Ball Z Movie 4's Climax wrote:Slug shits to see the genki

Coola Yagami
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Coola Yagami » Sat Jun 06, 2009 8:46 pm

And yes... that was Kami Sama's original line.

Sunlight & City Night
Beyond Newbie

Post by Sunlight & City Night » Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:13 pm

I know this episode has been out a while but I'm amazed nobody has noticed this...

Maybe after Gohan ate that dinosaur's tail he started on Piccolo's leg? :D
"HEAD CHA LA!"
------------------------
DBO - Pauten - Server 1
------------------------
http://sonpauten.deviantart.com/
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=539041065
http://twitter.com/#!/sonPauten