Kai Episode 9 (31 May 2009)

Individual discussions for each episode of Dragon Ball Kai.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Vino
Beyond Newbie

Post by Vino » Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:34 pm

http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll24 ... aiep9A.png

That scene just looks terrible, are they even trying?

Rod
Regular

Post by Rod » Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:06 pm

SSj_Rambo wrote:Vegeta and Nappa destroying the city was: image image Then it's hard to tell if the scene with the blast is re-drawn or not, but I'd say no: image I'm pretty sure the Z Senshi feeling the blast was left as-was, but I'm not so sure about the light from the blast in the frame with Yamcha: image image image The view from space totally doesn't look re-drawn: image And then the quick panning over of the aftermath is re-drawn: image And then its just ugly Vegeta and Nappa: image And then its all original animation from for the rest of the scene.

And after looking at this frame again, I'd concluded that it looks like Nappa is pulling something out of his ass. :shock:
lol, it does look like that, as disturbing as that may be. It's strange that particular scene looked so bad, when the rest of the re.drawn scenes looked ok

SSj_Rambo
I Live Here

Post by SSj_Rambo » Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:29 pm

Rod wrote:
SSj_Rambo wrote:Vegeta and Nappa destroying the city was: image image Then it's hard to tell if the scene with the blast is re-drawn or not, but I'd say no: image I'm pretty sure the Z Senshi feeling the blast was left as-was, but I'm not so sure about the light from the blast in the frame with Yamcha: image image image The view from space totally doesn't look re-drawn: image And then the quick panning over of the aftermath is re-drawn: image And then its just ugly Vegeta and Nappa: image And then its all original animation from for the rest of the scene.

And after looking at this frame again, I'd concluded that it looks like Nappa is pulling something out of his ass. :shock:
lol, it does look like that, as disturbing as that may be. It's strange that particular scene looked so bad, when the rest of the re.drawn scenes looked ok
Yeah, well, I thought so. Don't judge me. Vegeta's little nubs of feet are pretty funny too. I think most of the atrociousness can be attributed to the original animation that this was basically traced from. I'm sure the tracing animator for this frame didn't have the right to take the liberty of re-drawing it from scratch (or wasn't qualified to do much more than just trace the scene).

Hujio
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by Hujio » Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:11 pm

SSj_Rambo wrote:And then the quick panning over of the aftermath is re-drawn: image
Sorry man, that hasn't been redrawn. It's the exact same footage from DragonBall Z.
:: [| Heath "Hujio" Cutler |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu |] - [| Twitter |] ::

couz808

Post by couz808 » Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:03 pm

Bussani wrote:
DongHyun wrote:Dragon Ball Kai Episode 9, New Eyecatches Download Please....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOxhZXxlRTQ

Not HQ.
does anyone notice how vegeta looks exactly like table in the eyecatch. Unless they made vegeta really skinny or what.

Rod
Regular

Post by Rod » Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:29 pm

Well Vegeta was very thin at the beginning, he didn't bulk up until later

SSJ2bardock
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2bardock » Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:49 pm

Rod wrote:Well Vegeta was very thin at the beginning, he didn't bulk up until later
I think may be more attributed to the changing art style.
PSN Stay_Slapped

Let’s play FighterZ

SSj_Rambo
I Live Here

Post by SSj_Rambo » Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:26 am

Hujio wrote:
SSj_Rambo wrote:And then the quick panning over of the aftermath is re-drawn: image
Sorry man, that hasn't been redrawn. It's the exact same footage from DragonBall Z.
Really? It seems(/ed) to have the same color scheme and line thickness as the other re-drawn scenes; but then again I was doing this all purely from my own opinion, and without an original source for comparison. Thanks for pointing it out. :)

sailorspazz
Advanced Regular

Post by sailorspazz » Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:24 am

Anyone notice that the "This program is brought to you by these sponsors" messages at the beginning and end of the show were done by Gokuu and Gohan in this episode, instead of the usual "generic Japanese lady"? If they've done it before, I didn't notice it. It would be cool if they rotated through different characters. I can only imagine Vegeta's: "You buy the crap being advertised on the screen right now, or I'll personally come to your house and kill you!"
A veteran fan-girl past her prime
Host of Fujoshi Trash Talk at Anibros Creative podcast network
Twitter | Tumblr | Fanfics at fanfiction.net and ao3 | DeviantArt | YouTube

jda95
Advanced Regular

Post by jda95 » Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:01 am

I can't look at redrawn Vegeta without seeing Table now.....

Bussani
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Bussani » Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:25 am

sailorspazz wrote:Anyone notice that the "This program is brought to you by these sponsors" messages at the beginning and end of the show were done by Gokuu and Gohan in this episode, instead of the usual "generic Japanese lady"? If they've done it before, I didn't notice it. It would be cool if they rotated through different characters. I can only imagine Vegeta's: "You buy the crap being advertised on the screen right now, or I'll personally come to your house and kill you!"
I think they've it for at least the past few weeks. It might have been Gohan for the first few episodes, I forget.

Kendamu
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kendamu » Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:26 am

I don't ever remember anyone other than Goku and Gohan doing the sponsor messages.

Deity
Beyond Newbie

Post by Deity » Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:51 am

sailorspazz wrote:Anyone notice that the "This program is brought to you by these sponsors" messages at the beginning and end of the show were done by Gokuu and Gohan in this episode, instead of the usual "generic Japanese lady"? If they've done it before, I didn't notice it. It would be cool if they rotated through different characters. I can only imagine Vegeta's: "You buy the crap being advertised on the screen right now, or I'll personally come to your house and kill you!"
I noticed that too, but I remembered someone saying that Kai was being aired on two different TV stations. The usual downloaded episodes have been ripped from one TV station, and this one from the other. Notice the clock thingy on the upper left corner? It hasn't been there for the previous episodes, so maybe that's why Goku and Gohan's voices were heard, too.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:59 am

Herms wrote:
MajinVejitaXV wrote:At least it's not "Tenshinhan's Raging Blast" ;p
That's probably what the fan-subbers will call it...
Erhm, I assume you have not watched the subs of the team that asked you for help earlier?

TrunksTrevelyan0064
Patreon Supporter

Post by TrunksTrevelyan0064 » Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:04 am

Am I the only one who noticed a weird sound when Yamcha arrived? It sounded as if Yamcha went "Ueei!!" or something. Reminded me of that crazy Funimation Jheese.
Usually goes by "Kevtrev" elsewhere online.
Draws comics that may or may not have been inspired by Akira Toriyama's amazing manga-making skills.

Herms
Kanzenshuu Admin Emeritus

Post by Herms » Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:29 am

sangofe wrote:Erhm, I assume you have not watched the subs of the team that asked you for help earlier?
I haven't watched any of the subs at all.
Kanzenshuu: Is that place still around?
Sometimes, I tweet things
We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:53 am

Herms wrote:
sangofe wrote:Erhm, I assume you have not watched the subs of the team that asked you for help earlier?
I haven't watched any of the subs at all.
Right, but please do not write "the fansubbers", because I can assure you, I try my hardest along with another member of this community to make sure these releases are quality releases, unlike a certain other release.

Bardock No Sensei

Post by Bardock No Sensei » Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:57 am

Bussani wrote:Still guessing Nappa will be down by episode 12, roughly.

I agree, I mean is It stopping at episode 100?
"That's right, you may have anticipated my attacks so far, but you have no idea what I am capable of now... and what you don't know... could hurt you."
— Goku
Check out my under construction website! http://galaxyofsaiyans.weebly.com/

Bussani
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Bussani » Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:28 am

Bardock No Sensei wrote:

We don't know. That was a rumor. But at the pace it's going, just over 100 would seem to be a good guess.

The Time Traveller
Patreon Supporter

Post by The Time Traveller » Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:14 am

Bussani wrote:
Bardock No Sensei wrote:

We don't know. That was a rumor. But at the pace it's going, just over 100 would seem to be a good guess.
It was estimated that it could be around 104 episodes, but loads of actions were slowed down in the anime, and loads of long pauses, all of these sped up and cut together, and then it could easily be 100 episodes.