Your inside "fanon" things

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Piccolo Daimao
Kicks it Old-School

Your inside "fanon" things

Post by Piccolo Daimao » Sun Oct 10, 2010 2:28 pm

What things in the series do you just consider to be true to yourself, even if it's never seen or not touched upon in the series? Like how some people believe that Tenshinhan learnt the Kaio-Ken, and that's how his Shin Ki-Ko-Ho was powerful enough to hold off Cell? Some of mine are that:

-Lunch got bored of chasing Tenshinhan, went back into crime and became a prostitute.

-Sometime after Bulma banged Vegeta and spread lies of Yamcha's "cheating", Yamcha and Chi-Chi (both equally lonely) had an affair. After Boo was destroyed, Chi-Chi had a boob job upon Yamcha's request.

-Artificial Humans #13, #14 and #15 in the manga look and act the same as their movie counterparts. They're cyborgs, made from a human base like #17 and #18, but don't have an infinite energy supply like them. They're not the same energy absorption model as #19 and #20, though, rather a model of their own.

-Goku will live for hundreds of years yet, due to reaching near-immortal sennin status (like Kame-sennin and Taopaipai) through training.
Last edited by Piccolo Daimao on Wed May 25, 2011 2:40 pm, edited 12 times in total.
Holden Caulfield in [b][i]The Catcher in the Rye[/i][/b] wrote:I hope to hell when I do die somebody has sense enough to just dump me in the river or something. Anything except sticking me in a goddam cemetery. People coming and putting a bunch of flowers on your stomach on Sunday, and all that crap. Who wants flowers when you're dead? Nobody.

NUDEoctopus
Not-So-Newbie

Re: Your inside "fanon" things

Post by NUDEoctopus » Sun Oct 10, 2010 3:09 pm

I always thought Mirai Trunks' sword was the same one Tapion had. I just imagine that Hoi showed up in the future, somehow did get the box open and Hildegarn attacked. Events played out differently, but it somehow led to to the point that Tapion managed to seal Hildegarn inside him and asked Trunks to kill him, Trunks actually went through with it. Does that work?

Long after the end of DBZ, and sometime before GT, Lunch and Tenshinhan made a pair. Finally.

Just like in DBM, Mirai Trunks went and recovered the No. 16 of his time to help rebuild the world.

There are bound to be other saiyans roaming the galaxy, how could only two saiyans (Goku and Raditz) honestly be the ONLY ones deployed. Their whole race was centered on this trade. Thats ridiculous.

Ya dig?
PSN: moyerman105

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Sun Oct 10, 2010 3:16 pm

- Vegeta banged Bulma as a victory self-celebration after becoming a Super Saiyan. He was elated, needed an outlet for his happiness, and Bulma, being Bulma, was willing to oblige.

- Only pure-blooded Saiyans are capable of Super Saiyan 4. Demi-Saiyans might still be capable of Golden Oozaru, but cannot condense it and control it to "finalize" the transformation.

- Future Trunks' sword is the same one given to his "prime" self by Tapion. Hoi did show up in Trunks' timeline, but the events afterwards transpired much differently, and perhaps a bit later (as without Shenlong around, Hoi may have needed to take different measures to release Tapion). Tapion ended up dying to prevent Hildegarn's release and completion, and left his sword to Trunks.

[GTR Spoilers]
- Dragon Balls work via a balance of Positive and Negative energy. Positive Energy is a creative force, and is typically what the Dragons use to "bend reality" and grant wishes. Negative Energy is the polar opposite, and is left over within a Dragon Ball after a wish is made. Bad things happen if Negative Energy is just left around to radiate and do whatever it wants, which is why Dragon Balls turn to stone and are inert for a year after use; to allow time for the Negative Energy to dissipate and allow more Positive Energy to build up. However, if Dragon Balls are repeatedly used over and over almost immediately after returning from stone, Negative Energy might end up accumulating anyway...
[/GTR Spoilers]
Dragon Ball ended in 1997.

Kendamu
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kendamu » Sun Oct 10, 2010 3:28 pm

I don't have much "fanon." Most of it is related to the events of the Jump Special or certain portions of Neko Majin and Neko Majin Z being canon in my mind. Not necessarily events involving characters like Onio or Kuriza, but just seeing what characters look like and that they're hanging out together (as opposed to Goku not seeing his family for ten years) are things I take into account:

Once I learn more about Dragonball Online's story, maybe I'll take that into account, too.

Speaking of stuff like that, I consider Toyble's DBAF in the same category as DBGT.
(they/she)

My Martial Arts Website -- https://mybudo.carrd.co

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Sun Oct 10, 2010 3:44 pm

As I already said in your pure charactes thread, this is how my interpretation of Dragonball's/DBZ's ending is:
dbgtFO wrote: Lol it does actually make sense, now that she has her husband back in her life, her two sons and loads of money(all thanks to Goten). I don't see a problem with it, as Chichi obviously realized she had been a terrible wife, so terrible, that Goku didn't want to come back to life, even though he could with the namekian dbs. So she decided to be all of the things she wasn't, when Goku was still alive. When Goku then comes back for good she decides to make her self so alluring, that not even Goku would be able to pass up a chance to come back to life, if he died again. After 10 years of peace she thought it had been a succes and wouldn't need it anymore, so she decided to not beautify herself anymore. Little did she know, that Goku was getting tired of having the old Chichi back and it became even worse, because of her natural aging, so he remembered, that he asked Enma Daiouh to resurrect Majin Buu and found out he was participating in the 28th TB. This gave Goku the opportunity he had been waiting for, so he signed himself up, sparred with Uub and then used his new genereation speech, as an excuse to abandon Chichi forever and start a new life on the tropical island, where Uub lives with Chichi being replaced by Uub's random hot mom.
The End!

Piccolo Daimao
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Piccolo Daimao » Sun Oct 10, 2010 3:45 pm

Kaboom wrote:- Vegeta banged Bulma as a victory self-celebration after becoming a Super Saiyan. He was elated, needed an outlet for his happiness, and Bulma, being Bulma, was willing to oblige.
My own version of the events is that after Bulma and Yamcha had a heated argument in which Bulma accused Yamcha of cheating on him (which he really didn't, it was just Bulma being jealous of all the unprovoked female attention he was getting), and seeking solace and wanting revenge on Yamcha, she seduced Vegeta and had sex with him.
Last edited by Piccolo Daimao on Fri Oct 15, 2010 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Holden Caulfield in [b][i]The Catcher in the Rye[/i][/b] wrote:I hope to hell when I do die somebody has sense enough to just dump me in the river or something. Anything except sticking me in a goddam cemetery. People coming and putting a bunch of flowers on your stomach on Sunday, and all that crap. Who wants flowers when you're dead? Nobody.

Herms
Kanzenshuu Admin Emeritus

Post by Herms » Sun Oct 10, 2010 3:53 pm

So the daizenshuu have that thing about Tenshinhan being descended from the alien 3-Eyed Tribe, which is why he can grow extra arms and split into multiple people. I like to think that the 3-eyed majin Ozotto from that one DBZ arcade game is actually a full-blooded member of the 3-Eyed Clan. His trademark shape-shifting abilities are natural to the race, and Tenshinhan's arm and body growing abilities are a diluted form of these powers.
Kanzenshuu: Is that place still around?
Sometimes, I tweet things
We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

Perfect
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Perfect » Sun Oct 10, 2010 4:07 pm

That Cell in his perfect form could have been made into a good guy if thinks didn't get...Messy (Or maybe I just have an odd desire to see what he could have been like as a neutral or good guy helping out against Buu, with training during the 7 years of rest).
Fox666 wrote:It seems you have pissed a lot of people on this forum, and I am quite sure they would like to call you stupid and say that's the designated adjectives for you. But they don't do that because of there are rules in this community.

Makaioshin
Advanced Regular

Post by Makaioshin » Sun Oct 10, 2010 4:20 pm

I also take Goku training Oob at Mount Paozu as canon as well as Dragon Ball Online(though I don't know that much about the story). And I agree with what you said about #13, #14, #15 except they are numbered the same way Toriyama did in the height chart unless it contradicted by DBO at some point.
Last edited by Makaioshin on Sun Oct 10, 2010 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ahiru77
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Ahiru77 » Sun Oct 10, 2010 4:24 pm

Gohan learned Trunks how to become a ssj and basic martial arts.

- Sword fighting
- Burning attack

All from the heart. :mrgreen:

Wobbuffet
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Wobbuffet » Sun Oct 10, 2010 4:26 pm

Piccolo Daimao wrote:-Artificial Humans #13, #14 and #15 in the manga were the same as their movie counterparts.
I also think about that, but with anime #14 being manga #15 and anime #15 being manga #14.

I think of the Jump special as canon.
I think of Goku training a gag manga character after training Uub (who now lives at his house) as canon too.
I think that if Goku and Vegeta made the fusion in the manga, they would be the same as Gogeta from movie 12.
I think that when the Earth was brought back, Ginyu was also brought back, because he was an animal and couldn't be "judged" as a bad person.
I think about what would happen if Goku and Vegeta put the Potara earrings and made the fusion dance before the Potara fusion happened.

I've once made a "mental fanfic" (I've never write it) about Babidi and Dabura on Trunks' future. It involved Babidi sending Yakon to kill the Androids and being killed, and after Trunks killed the Androids he would fight Dabura and be defeated. So Kaio-shin and Kibito would teleport him to theis planet, where he would get the Z Sword, break it and get the "ultimate" power-up. I'm not sure what would happen after that.
Sorry, I can't speak English very well, but I'm trying my best.
This is My Anime List.

Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cipher » Sun Oct 10, 2010 4:37 pm

Well, there's the way I interpret the Evil Dragon arc and Dragon Ball GT's ending. I don't consider it as much "fanon" as I do a particular reading of that scene, but here it is again:
Personally, I have my own reading of the ending. I'm not sure it's what the producers intended (if they even intended anything other than being cryptic for cryptic's sake), but it's one I've come to like.

I think it's very possible that the evil dragons were never truly a threat.

Bare with. Goku is killed by Yi Xing Long. I know it's a subject of some debate, but the series seems to go out of its way to imply that he was more than just knocked cold by Yi Xing Long's blast (the one that leaves him in that massive crater). Characters can't sense him. Shen-Long very pointedly revives him with his classic eye-glow from where he lies motionless after defeating Yi Xing Long, and characters seem to think he's died on the spot. Pan, of course, finds the shredded remains of his gi. So what was Goku wearing? Was he ethereal by that point? Finally, as he says good-bye to Vegeta, Piccolo and Kame Sennin, they all let out that infamous, "Goku, are you ... ?" I don't know about anyone else, but the missing word there seems with all implications to be "dead."

Now remember, when Yi Xing Long blasts Goku as he's holding up the Genki Dama, he's convinced those hits should be killing him. And from everything we know about their powers, he's right. And what does Goku say? "I can't die until I've defeated you." What if he meant this literally?

What if Shen-Long clued Goku in on some sort of deal at his moment of death? As in, literally, he would live until he defeated the dragon, and then act as Shen-Long's vessel/spirit/what have you for the Dragon Balls as he took them away. In this way, the dragons were never an actual threat; they had to be defeated. It was merely a question of sacrifice.

It makes a bit of sense. Super Saiyan 4 is a power hundreds of times stronger than the gods, stronger than Buu, stronger than anything to ever exist. And then some dragon from Earth's Dragon Balls, minus energy aside, shows up that can smack them around like nothing? So if some normal person had abused the balls, it would have been absolutely hopeless? Seems like a tailor-made threat for our heroes. Shen-Long/the Dragon Balls don't really have a motivation for destroying Earth in the first place. But a system in place to teach a lesson specific to those abusing the Dragon Balls seems to make sense.

So my reading: The evil dragons had to be defeated. But Goku was the price of their defeat. There's just too much emphasis on Goku's "death" and his "I can't die until I've defeated you" line to not warrant a deeper look.

And obviously he's granted the privilege of somehow being connected to the Dragon Balls upon their return.
Other than that, it's just little things. Like a few other people in this thread, I imagine that Artificial Humans 13, 14 and 15 look the way the do in the movie in both the manga and anime, even if the film is canon to neither. I also lump the Jump Special in with both the anime and manga universes, since it makes a nice addition to either. I consider Movie 13 part of the proper anime universe. And finally, I find ways to finagle Movie 1 into the anime timeline, because of the Garlic Jr. arc, which I don't think you can just ignore.

B
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by B » Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:13 pm

In terms of power:

Genuine Buu > Buuhan > Buutenks > Evil Buu > Pure Evil Buu > Mr. Buu

I also choose not to make a distinction between the Buu we are introduced to and the Buu that has expelled his evil tendencies and goes on to befriend everyone. Same friggin' guy.
Keen Observation of Dragon Ball Z Movie 4's Climax wrote:Slug shits to see the genki

Scarz
I Live Here

Post by Scarz » Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:02 pm

Herms wrote:So the daizenshuu have that thing about Tenshinhan being descended from the alien 3-Eyed Tribe, which is why he can grow extra arms and split into multiple people. I like to think that the 3-eyed majin Ozotto from that one DBZ arcade game is actually a full-blooded member of the 3-Eyed Clan. His trademark shape-shifting abilities are natural to the race, and Tenshinhan's arm and body growing abilities are a diluted form of these powers.
That is so freaky, I was just thinking that same thing all day. I call dibs on the fanmanga involving this plot!

As for my "Fanon" they are:

-Paresu (or Valese) breaks up with Goten very shortly after the end of GT. Her personality reminds me a lot of Maron, Krillin's ex-girlfriend, and most likely because of her short attention span will find another "amazing" guy.

-Lunch eventually finds Tenshinhan, they have sex, she realizes he's no longer evil, she gets bored, and leaves him to rob a bank.

-The Son family Gohan, Goten, Videl, and Pan becomes the Great Saiyaman Team.

-The "Hey Son Goku and his friends return" Jump special is canon, thus Tarble and his lovely wife Grey is canon.
Last edited by Scarz on Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

caejones
I Live Here

Post by caejones » Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:22 pm

I had a convoluted backstory in mind in which Makyousei is a planet from Makai that was thrown into the normal universe when Buu entered it, that the Hera-jin, Three-eyes and Freeza's race were close-ish to the center of the universe, and Buu wiped out all but one, which was hurled across the universe; refugees from the other planets showed up there and some crazy crap went down, resulting in more crazy crap. And Bojak.

Also, I don't like Goten and Gohan dying. So sometimes I pretend that Piccolo woke up and still had the power to transport people to Enma's, despite no longer being Kami. XD

... Three-eyed Azato FTW!
Dr Gero, in Budokai 2 wrote:Go, my Saiba Rangers!
Akira Toriyama, in Son Goku Densetsu wrote:You really can’t go by rumors (laughs).

Turtle Marked Stone
Regular

Post by Turtle Marked Stone » Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:34 pm

I'm scared of being yelled at by angry people so excuse me if this is vague but in my own personal "fanon" Dragonball ended long before the actual canon did. The rest of the material in my "fanon" is GTesque fanfic.

I've always personally believed Penguin Village exists in an alternative dimension that Blue and Goku stumbled upon and escaped from instead of it being an actual piece of the Dragon World.

Other then that, not much else.
Herms wrote:So the daizenshuu have that thing about Tenshinhan being descended from the alien 3-Eyed Tribe, which is why he can grow extra arms and split into multiple people. I like to think that the 3-eyed majin Ozotto from that one DBZ arcade game is actually a full-blooded member of the 3-Eyed Clan. His trademark shape-shifting abilities are natural to the race, and Tenshinhan's arm and body growing abilities are a diluted form of these powers.
Also I'm totally accepting this theory too.

Herms
Kanzenshuu Admin Emeritus

Post by Herms » Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:37 pm

Scarz wrote:That is so freaky, I was just thinking that same thing all day. I call dibs on the fanmanga involving this plot!
Rats! Well, there goes that plan.
-Paresu (or Valese)
It should really be "Palace", since her name is a pun on "palace". The joke being that one of the Japanese words for a palace is goten.
Kanzenshuu: Is that place still around?
Sometimes, I tweet things
We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

Makaioshin
Advanced Regular

Post by Makaioshin » Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:57 pm

Turtle Marked Stone wrote:I'm scared of being yelled at by angry people so excuse me if this is vague but in my own personal "fanon" Dragonball ended long before the actual canon did. The rest of the material in my "fanon" is GTesque fanfic.
I'd like to hear where it ended for you. You wouldn't be the first with that sort of idea.

Kid Buu
I Live Here

Post by Kid Buu » Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:00 pm

I consider anything said by Pandora's Box to be canon.
Rocketman wrote:"Shonen" basically means "stupid sentimental shit" anyway, so it's ok to be anti-shonen.

Bardo117
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bardo117 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:31 pm

I swear Bulma had an Affair with Gohan.
El Conejo Malo