Bardock Special sub/dub scripts

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Herms
Kanzenshuu Admin Emeritus

Bardock Special sub/dub scripts

Post by Herms » Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:20 pm

Awhile back I made a thread comparing the Funimation dub of the Bardock special to the Japanese version. While preparing it I typed up both Steve Simmons’ subtitles for the Japanese version and the script for the Funi dub (as taken from the old Funi DVD release’s “dubtitle” track). Unfortunately I never finished the analysis and have no plans of doing so in the immediate future, but I figure there’s no sense in wasting all the effort I put in typing up the scripts. So I figured I might as well just post the scripts and let people do their own comparisons between the two versions. First I’ll post up the two scripts compared on a roughly scene-by-scene basis like I was doing in the analysis thread (scenes I already went over in the old thread are reposted without my comments). Then I'll put up the subtitle script and the dub one on their own, in two big chunks. Incidentally, the subtitle script runs to 11,839 characters (not counting spaces), while the dub script comes to 18,077.

[1. Opening]
Japanese

Narrator: On Planet Vegeta, a baby boy lets out his first cry.
Doctor A: Kakarot? So this is Burdock’s son, then?
Doctor B: Yeah. He sure is the kid of a lower class warrior. He’s barely got any potential abilities at all. I guess all we can do with him is send him off to one of the frontier planets.
Doctor A: I suppose so.

…………………………………………………………………….

English

Narrator: Planet Vegeta. Many years ago, a small child was born. Unheralded, and unattended by its father or mother, the baby cried out, making its lonely plea to the Universe! The Saiyans were a people of war, and like all Saiyan babies, the child was destined to fight!
Planthor: My goodness, that’s one loud kid! Yes, he’ll be great, watch!
Melakka: That’s a bold prediction for the son of a low-class soldier! Let’s see, Bardock’s son, huh? Planthor, I wouldn’t stake my reputation on that prediction if I were you!
Planthor: Hmm…you just wait. Come here, Melakka! Do you hear that? That’s the cry of a great warrior! Let’s see…Kakarot! Remember that name!
[2. Drunken Oozarus vs the Kanassa Planning Committee]
Japanese

*Saiyans attack Kanassaians. One cuts Pumbukin, but they all get wiped out anyway*
Pumbukin: *touches scar* That bastard.

…………………………………………………………

English

Narrator: Planet Kanassa
Dimitreous: Sir, it’s the full moon…just like in the vision!
Commander: Yes Dimitreous. Indeed, it is about to begin. This is the hour for which we have prepared!
Dimitreous: Yes, Commander!
*Saiyans attack Kanassaians*
Commander: Don’t lose heart my faithful Kanass. This is our duty! We must see it through until the end.
*A Kanassaian cuts Shugesh, but they all get wiped out anyway*
Torah: That was a heck of a party, wasn’t it.
Fa’sha: If you say so, I don’t remember any of it!
Torah: You’re a typical ape Fa’sha.
Fa’sha: Aaah, shut up! I don’t see how you guys remember, anyway! It’s elephants that aren’t supposed to forget, not apes!
Borgos: I’m with you Fa’sha! To me it’s like waking up from a dream! You kind of remember it all but then it just slips away!
Shugesh: I don’t remember much either, but I remember the crusty, little devil that game me this! *touches scar*
[3. Father of the year]
Japanese

Toma: That’s what you get for dropping your guard. So Burdock, don’t you think you went over the top there, even celebrating your son’s birth and all?
Burdock: Celebrating my son’s birth? What a ridiculous farce!
Selypa: We’re finished on this planet. Why don’t you head back to Planet Vegeta and meet him?
Burdock: To see a lowest-class warrior without any promise at all? What kind of fool would make that trip? And who asked you what I should be doing anyhow?
Selypa: I see.

………………………………………………………………

English

Fa’sha: Bardock says he remembers everything!
Torah: Right, don’t make me laugh, Fa’sha! Bardock might remember every second of every battle but he remembers nothing of his personal life! Allow me to demonstrate…Bardock, do you remember what day your son was born?
Bardock: No, but that was a long time ago!
Fa’sha: It was not, you lazy bum! Yesterday? Come on! You need to go see the little tike! You have enough time to stop in before our next assignment!
Bardock: Visit him, huh? How nice. Father-son bonding! Why should I? They’ll just send him away! What’s the use? Tell me that!
Fa’sha: Hmmm…Bardock! You’re too much!
[4. Psychic powers]
Japanese

Pumpkin: We ought to be grateful to Freeza-sama. He’s been putting us to work for him quite often.
Burdock: So what does Freeza-sama want with a crummy little planet like this?
Toma: You know what I heard? This Kanassa is supposed to have some kind of energy that grants you psychic abilities. I don’t know whether he believes that rumor or not, but apparently Freeza-sama has been thinking of taking this world for a long time.

………………………………………………………………………………

English

Shugesh: Hey, guys…why did we fight for this dump anyway, huh? Is Freeza out of his tiny little mind or something?
Bardock: Yeah, but not in this case. I think this planet has special energy, so I heard!
Torah: Yeah, I heard the same thing! You’re supposed to be able to develop psychic powers if you live here! Like being able to read minds and see the future and stuff like that!
Bardock: Freeza is such a paranoid freak! He’d jump at the chance to be able to read minds!
Borgos: That’s a scary thought, Freeza reading minds. I…
[5. Tooro]
Japanese

*Tooro suddenly attacks Burdock*
Burdock: Wha-?
Pumpkin: Rotten scum!
Burdock: Looks like I dropped my guard too. You lousy rat!
*Toma blasts Tooro, who catches fire*
Tooro: Listen to me! I just struck you using a technique giving you knowledge of the future through visions!
Burdock: Knowledge of the future?
Tooro: You will see the future fate of your own people.
Burdock: What is this guy talking about?
Tooro: I will warn you now, that you have no future, save that which is cursed! As it is with my own people, there will be nothing but destruction for yours! I condemn you to see your own future, and agonize over the form it takes!
Burdock: Enough!
*Burdock blasts Tooro to pieces*
Pumpkin: That’s pretty funny. What do us invincible Saiyans have to watch and agonize over, I ask you? Right, Burdo-?
*Burdock collapses*
Everyone: Hey, Burdock! Burdock! Hey Burdock! What’s wrong? Shake it off! What’s the matter? Hey Burdock! Hey! Burdock!

…………………………………………………………..

English

*Tooro suddenly attacks Bardock*
Tooro: I wish you baboons could read minds, so you could have heard the thoughts of my troops as you slaughtered them!
Bardock: Huh?
*Torah blasts Tooro, who catches fire*
Somebody: What in the heck is going on?
Torah: Huh?
Tooro: I have transmuted your destructive force into a more tolerable energy! Soon, you will all die!
Bardock: Yeah? We’ll see about that…goodbye!
Tooro: Wait! You have come here seeking psychic power. Well, I have given it to you, Bardock!
Bardock: He reads minds!
Tooro: You can too now, Bardock! You have the power now, too!
Bardock: Me? What are you talking about?
Tooro: The one who seeks the power, Freeza, will never have it! But I have given it to you as a gift, Bardock! So that you could see!
Bardock: See what?
Tooro: See the horror of your end, just like we had to!
Bardock: Shut up!
*Bardock blasts Tooro to pieces*
Shugesh: Instant bar-b-que! You never know what you’re going to find under a rock these days! Pretty freaky creature, aye? Hey! Yo! Hello?
*Bardock suddenly collapses*
[6. Vegeta versus the Saibaimen]
Japanese

*Vegeta fights some Saibaimen*
Mook: He’s avoiding every one of their attacks! He’s incredible! U-unbelievable! He finished off those strength-enhanced Saibaimen in a matter of seconds!
Nappa: What’s so incredible? Vegeta-sama wasn’t even giving them his best!
Mook: What a fearsome kid!
Vegeta: I’m done! Hurry and open the gate!
Mook: Roger!

………………………………………………………

English

(Elite Training Center)

*Vegeta fights some Saibaimen*
Mook A: Holy rings of Korbeesha, Did you see that?
Mook B: Yes, I see it all the time! That’s Prince Vegeta. He’s the best!
Mook A: There’s no waaayyy!!
Mook B: Not for any kid you’ve ever known!
Mook A: Unbelievable!
Mook B: I told you!
Mook A: My gosh! What’s he going to be like when he’s full grown?
Nappa: Nobody knows that, yet! But take my advice and stay on his good side!
Mook A: Shoot, yeah!
Vegeta: Open up, you fool! I’m done!
Mook A: Ahhh! Yikes! Sorry, sir!
[7. Nappa and Vegeta]
Japanese

Nappa: Impressive, as always.
Vegeta: Cut out the ridiculous boot-licking! *they go on the moving walkway* As long as I stay on this world, I won’t ever get stronger. Maybe I should ask Freeza-sama about letting me have another one of his worlds slated for conquering.
Nappa: Again?
Vegeta: You’d rather I didn’t?
Nappa: Of course not!

……………………………………………….

English

Nappa: You’re the best, Prince!
Vegeta: Hm! Stop kissing up, Nappa! *they go on the moving walkway* This place bores me! I want another combat assignment, no more drills! Man, Freeza! The day will soon be here that we won’t take any more orders from him! You watch!
Nappa: Huh? You think so?
Vegeta: I know so!
Nappa: I’d love that!
[8. Plan to Eradicate the Saiyans]
Japanese

Zarbon: Freeza-sama, we have just received word that Planet Kanassa has been conquered. We have acquired it fully one month sooner than had been forecast.
Dodoria: Who was it we sent to take over Kanassa?
Zarbon: Some nameless lower-class Saiyan warriors.
Freeza: Saiyans?
Dodoria: These latest guys have been working pretty hard, don’t you think?
Zarbon: There’s certainly something remarkable about them.
Dodoria: Particularly when it comes to Vegeta, their prince, with whom Freeza-sama has taken such an interest. I can’t hardly believe a kid like that has such a battle power.
Zarbon: It’s more than just him. Individually, there’s nothing special about them, but when they team up, they demonstrate incredible power.
Dodoria: What are you afraid of?
Zarbon: Nothing. I just think that if we leave the Saiyans alone like this, it will mean a lot of trouble for us later on. You never know when another guy like Vegeta may appear. Let’s suppose they were to team up against us.
Freeza: You think they might become unpleasant, then?
Zarbon: Aye.

……………………………………………………………………..

English

Zarbon: Pardon me, Lord Freeza, Sir! Interesting news! Planet Kanassa has been occupied as of last night, Sire!
Freeza: Oh?
Zarbon: Yes, sire! The Kanass have been eradicated! The planet is yours!
Dodoria: Kanassa! That job has been in the pool for months! I thought we’d have to handle that one ourselves!
Zarbon: No! A band of Saiyans took it!
Freeza: Saiyans…
Dodoria: Wow! Their elite teams are becoming comparable to our own!
Zarbon: Actually, it was a band of their low-level soldiers!
Dodoria: No low-levels could take Kanassa! No! These are standouts! The Saiyans are quickly becoming our best fighters! Am I right?
Zarbon: Yes, Dodoria! Without a doubt! They’re much stronger now! It’s amazing! In a small group on a full moon, they’re hard to beat!
Dodoria: What? Are you scared of them, Zarbon?
Zarbon: No, certainly not! I’m just saying that we need to keep an eye on them, that’s all! Like this Bardock who led the assault on the Kanassans! What if he and his group teamed up with young Vegeta and a handful of other great fighters! How would you like to tangle with that bunch on a full moon, Dodoria?
Freeza: Only a fool would welcome that scenario!
Zarbon: Yes Sire!
[9. Vegeta and Freeza]
Japanese

*Vegeta enters*
Zarbon: What do you think you’re doing?
Dodoria: Why are you here? This isn’t the sort of place where you belong!
Vegeta: I’ve just come to pay my respects to Freeza-sama as I depart.
Zarbon: There’s no need for that. Just worry about clearing your assigned planet for now.
Freeza: It is quite all right, Zarbon-san.
Zarbon: Freeza-sama?
Freeza: Vegeta, please do a thorough job.
Vegeta: Thank you very much.
Freeza: There is no need to thank me so.

…………………………………………………………………

English

*Vegeta enters*
Zarbon: Prince Vegeta? What do you think you’re doing?
Dodoria: Freeza didn’t send for you, kid! You know that no one sees Lord Freeza unless he calls them first!
Vegeta: Look, I’m bored! This is lame! I need an assignment!
Zarbon: Hm! Who do you think you are? I oughta teach you a lesson in etiquette, Prince!
Freeza: Give him an assignment Zarbon, immediately!
Zarbon: Lord Freeza!
Freeza: That boy doesn’t mean any harm, Zarbon! He just hasn’t learned how to control his passion! Give him the hardest assignment that you have, and Vegeta…do come back alive!
Vegeta: I will, Sire! Thank you very much!
Freeza: You don’t have to thank me, Vegeta! You certainly earn your keep around here! You might want to min your manners a little better though!
Vegeta: Sire!
[10. Bardock heals]
Japanese

Doctor A: Burdock is as surprising as ever. It’s only taken him several days to fully recover.
Doctor B: Yeah. He may be a lower class warrior, but every time he goes off to clear some land, he always manages to nearly get killed before returning.
A: By now, his battle power should be pretty close to 10,000.
B: He’s quite a guy.
*Toma enters*
Toma: How is he?
B: Physically there’s nothing wrong. He’s in perfect shape. However, the computer is picking up a fluctuation in his brain waves.
Toma: I see.
Pumpkin: Oh well, this time we’ll have to leave Burdock behind.
Toma: Yeah.
A: Which planet are you off to this time?
Toma: Planet Meat.

English

Melakka: If he keeps this up, he going to be become stronger than King Vegeta!
Planthor: No kidding! Bardock, he comes back from every mission half dead! My gosh!
Melakka: He’s crazy! What kind of low-level soldier would go to a planet like Kanassa with only a handful of men?
Planthor: I think he needs to be retested, his case is unusual!
Melakka: I agree, Planthor!
Torah: How is he, Melakka?
Melakka: Let’s see here…yes, physically, sure…he’s ready! Mentally, I’m not so sure! There’s a slight change in his brainwave patterns!
Torah: Brainwaves!
Shugesh: That doesn’t sound too good, Torah! We’d better handle this one on our own!
Torah: Right! We should be okay on Meet! *to Bardock* Well, goodbye, old friend!
[11. Bardock and Goku]
Japanese

*Goku cries, and Burdock reacts*
Doctor B: Is he regaining consciousness?
Tooro: I just struck you using a technique giving you knowledge of the future through visions! You will see the future fate of your own people. I will warn you now, that you have no future, save that which is cursed! As it is with my own people, there will be nothing but destruction for yours! I condemn you to see your own future, and agonize over the form it takes!

……………………………………………

English

*Goku cries, Bardock reacts*
Melakka: Hmmm? Whoa!
Bardock: A planet being destroyed! Was it Vegeta? No! It couldn’t be! But wait, the baby, my son…he sees it, too! It’s him…being sent out! So lonely! Torah! I don’t understand! What does my young son have to do with you? Why am I seeing these things? It doesn’t make any sense! My son, he’s become a warrior…but he’s different from us! What happened? What’s wrong with him? Why am I seeing this! No…no!!
Melakka: Planthor! Get him out of there! Something serious is going on!
Planthor: Open the hatch, Melakka!
[12. Bardock and Doctor]
Japanese

*Burdock is let out of his healing machine*
Doctor A: Are you all right, Burdock?
Burdock: Yeah. I’m still a bit dizzy in the head, though. I was having these strange dreams.
A: Dreams?
Burdock: Yeah. I wonder what they were all about.
A: Are you sure you’re okay?
Burdock: I’m made of tougher stuff than you guys are, much tougher. Never mind me, what happened to Toma and the others?
A: They were ordered by Freeza-sama to the planet Meat.
Burdock: What!? Dammit, how could they leave me out? Planet Meat, eh? All right, that’s pretty close.
*Burdock runs off*
A: Hey, Burdock!

………………………………………................................

English

*Bardock is let out of his healing machine*
Planthor: Thank goodness you’re alright, you have us a scare! Bardock, what happened?
Bardock: I don’t know…wow! It was like I was having a nightmare but I wasn’t asleep! At least I don’t think I was asleep!
Planthor: I think it would be wise to take it easy for a while, Bardock!
Bardock: Oh, yeah? Well, I wouldn’t know, I’m not wise!
Planthor: You’re not?
Bardock: No!
Planthor: Oh, I think you’re wise! How else could you take on the assignments that you do and still be alive?
Bardock: I know how to fight! That’s all! It doesn’t take a whole lot of brains to be a great fighter! Which reminds me, where’s Torah! I thought I heard him in here earlier!
Planthor: You and your team were ordered to go to Planet Meet by Freeza himself!
Bardock: What? Freeza! So we’re finally getting the recognition we deserve! And those bums take off without me, huh?
*Bardock runs off*
Planthor: No! Wait! Bardock! You need to rest!
[13. Stupid kid]
Japanese

*Bardock passes by crying Goku*
Tooro: I condemn you to see your own future, and agonize over the form it takes!
*visions of Planet Vegeta’s destruction, then Bardock reads Goku’s nameplate*
Burdock: Kaka…rot? *uses scouter* A battle power of just 2? What scum!

………………………………………………………

English

*Bardock’s still running, has a weird reaction*
Bardock: Huh? Not again!
*Runs up to Goku’s incubator. Goku is crying, but can’t be heard*
Bardock: Oh, thank goodness! You’re real this time! Man, you sure have some powerful lungs! Well, look kid, I’ll catch you later!
Tooro: Wait!
Tooro: You have come here seeking psychic power. Well, I have given it to you, Bardock!
Bardock: Kakarot, huh? You see it too, somehow! Don’t you? *uses scouter* Only an average power level! I thought you were special!
[14. Planet Meat]
Japanese

Toma: Damn…W-why? Why are you guys…?
Dodoria: You Saiyans, you’re as tough as I expected. However…You’ll have to let us toy with you a little more.
Toma: Why!? Why are you doing this?
Dodoria: Is that bothering you? All right, you can take this to hell with you. This, you see, was ordered by Freeza-sama!
Toma: W-what!?
Dodoria: Freeza-sama denounced you Saiyans as troublesome!
Totally Not Appule: You sure you didn’t do anything to upset him?
Toma: I-it’s untrue! We’ve always acted exactly as ordered by Freeza-sama! Never once have we…
Dodoria: Never-the-less, if you fall out of favor, this is what happens!
Toma: This? After all the hard work we’ve done?
Dodoria: That’s…*hits Toma* right!

………………………………………………………………..

English

Torah: Borgos! No! Darn you, brutes! Why? Tell me! Why are you doing this? I don’t understand!
Mook: Poor baby!
Dodoria: What don’t you understand, Torah? That you are weak? What a mess you are! Ahh, Torah…You shouldn’t have forgotten that you are weak!
Torah: What do you mean? We serve Freeza! You know that!
Dodoria: Yes, I know! Freeza’s very impressed with your service record! Yes, too impressed! It seems he wants you dead!
Torah: What? Why?
Dodoria: I don’t want to flatter you but Freeza thought that you were getting too strong!
Totally Not Appule: Cool, huh? You should consider this a promotion!
Torah: No! Look! It’s not fair! Everything that we’ve done was for him! How can he do this!
Dodoria: You fool! It’s not what you’ve done! It’s what you might have done in the future!
Torah: Then no one’s safe from Freeza! Not even you!
Dodoria: Is that so? *hits Torah*
[15. Everyone loves Bardock]
Japanese

*scene change to Bardock, who’s surveying the landscape*
Bardock: Looks like they got carried away again. Those guys…*scouter reacts* Mm? There they are! All caught up in the moment rioting around, no doubt.
*He flies off to meet them, finds their bodies*
Bardock: What the…?
Toma: B-Burdock?
Burdock: Toma! What’s going on here? What happened?
Toma: What a fool I’ve been. We should have stayed home tucked in our beds like good children.
Burdock: Never mind that, don’t tell me the Meatians got the best of you?
Toma: No. We eliminated them quickly.
Burdock: Then who did this to you?
Toma: Freeza! He’s stabbed us all in the back!
Burdock: That can’t be possible!
Toma: That rotten Freeza’s just been using us. I-I’ve already had it, but before long, all Saiyans are going to be killed by that rat Freeza.
Toma: Listen to me, listen well—go back to Planet Vegeta right now! Once there, gather our comrades and defeat Freeza! Let him know…how strong the Saiyans…really…are…

……………………………………………………………..

English

*scene changes to Bardock, who surveys the landscape*
Bardock: It looks like they plowed right through this one. I guess I taught those knuckleheads something about fighting after all! *scouter reacts* Yep, still here! Lousy bums, probably still celebrating!
*he flies off and finds their bodies*
Bardock: Shugesh, Fasha, Borgos! What happened? It can’t be…
Torah: B-Bardock!
Bardock: Torah! Oh my gosh! Torah! Don’t tell me you let those Meet-heads do this to you guys?
Torah: No! No way, come one! You should know us better than that, Bardock!
Bardock: I didn’t think so! Well, what happened then?
Torah: We…we were ambushed by Dodoria and his men!
Bardock: Freeza’s the one that ordered us here!
Torah: Yes! It was a set-up. Freeza, he wants us all dead!
Bardock: But why? I mean, after all we’ve done? It doesn’t make sense! We took the jobs that even his elites wouldn’t mess with and we still won!
Torah: It’s true! Isn’t it! We were getting to be the best, Freeza’s scared!
Bardock: Scared of what?
Torah: Of you, Bardock! Freeza’s scared of you! Don’t you see! He’s scared of what you might become! You’re getting too strong! Good luck, old friend! I’m sorry that I can’t…
[16. Ketchup]
Japanese

*Toma dies. Dodoria’s men show up.*
Burdock: You!

………………………………………………….

English

*Torah dies*
Bardock: Goodbye, Torah! You were my best friend! So this is what it’s come to. This is how we’re rewarded for our hard work! We tried so hard to please Freeza. My crew, Borgos, Fasha! Those pigs! So they thought we were getting too strong! Shugesh! I promise somehow I’ll get them for this Shugesh! I’ll die trying! Freeza’s taken our loyalty, and paid us back in our own blood!
*Mooks show up*
Bardock: I thought there was a foul smell in the air! So you’re the ones!

[17. Bardock vs. Mooks]
Japanese

Horn Mook: Now comes your turn to die!
*Fighting*
Horn Mook: You lowlife! Where did you go!? Dammit! You fool!
*Fighting*

……………………………………………..

English

Horn Mook: Bardock! You crack me up! We had some good laughs with your crew earlier, too! You should have been there!
Bardock: You’re right! I should have been there!
Horn Mook: Do you really think that it would have made a difference, Bardock? I mean really!
*they start fighting*
Totally Not Appule: There, that should do it! Hm? Ahhh!! *Bardock kills him*
[18. More mooks]
Japanese

Green Mook: T-this can’t be! He’s supposed to be a lower-class warrior!
Horn Mook: Regardless of his level, he’s still a Saiyan! Stay on your toes! Let’s go!
*Burdock suddenly has more visions*
Goku: Kaio-ken!
Vegeta: What’s the matter, Kakarrot!? I know you’ve got better than this!
*back in reality*
Burdock: No again! Damn, what’s going on in my head!?
Horn Mook: No, wait-…
*Burdock kills him*

………………………………………………..

English

Horn Mook: Ahh! What the? Where the heck did he go?
Yellow Mook: He can’t hide forever! Huh?
Horn Mook: Huh, Bardock? Huh? What? Ahh! There you are! Die you fool! *he blasts* Huh? *but its his own ally* Oh, no! What have I done? Darn it!
Green Mook: Ingenious move, he’s no slouch! Better watch out!
Horn Mook: Me watch out! He’s just a low level, we’re the elites! Now let’s go!
*Bardock suddenly has another vision*
Goku (in vision): Kaio-ken Attack!! Aaahh!
Vegeta (in vision): Not bad, Kakarot! For a low level!
*back in reality, Bardock kills the mooks*
[19. Dodoria]
Japanese

*Horn Mook gets blown up, Dodoria shows up*
Burdock: D-Dodoria! Why!? Why are you doing this to us!?
*Dodoria blows him away*
Dodoria: That was all too brief. I wish he’d have entertained me a bit longer.
Zarbon (via scouter): Come in, Dodoria. You are ordered to return. Rendezvous with us immediately. We’re headed for Planet Vegeta.
Dodoria: Understood.
*Dodoria leaves. Burdock crawls out from under bodies*
Burdock: Dammit. Freeza-sama really is after us.

……………………………………………………….

English

Bardock: that was from my crew to you! So those were some of Freeza’s elites! I can see why he might be worried! *scouter reacts* Now what?
Dodoria: Mmm! Unfortunate business isn’t it, Bardock?
Bardock: Darn right! Unfortunate for you, Dodoria! Torah told me that you’re behind this!
*Dodoria blows him away*
Dodoria: That blew him away! Bardock, you should have remembered your place!
*scouter message comes in*
Somebody (over scouter): Commander Dodoria, a message from Lord Freeza, sir.
Dodoria: Oh?
Somebody (over scouter): Lord Freeza has requested that you rendezvous with his ship before it reaches Vegeta, sir.
Dodoria: Freeza…planning something delicious no doubt!
*Dodoria leaves, and Bardock crawls out from under bodies*
Bardock: I’ll get them…somehow, someway! For you guys. You weren’t low-level soldiers! You were stronger than most of their elites! We’ll meet again, my friends! Sooner or later, we’ll meet again!
[20. Planet Vegeta some more]
Japanese

Mook: Launch this one off, if you would. Target directional coordinates: FX-50. Name: Kakarrot. Burdock’s son, hmm? Rank: Lowest-class warrior. Planet of destination…

…………………………………………………

English

Mook A: Hey, we’ve got one to go here! Coordinate FX-50, his name is Kakarot!
Mook B: Kakarot, huh? And which planet are they sending you to, little guy! Let’s see, Eeee Arth!
Mook A: Eeee Arth? Look Kakarot, we don’t name ‘em, we just send you there, little buddy!
Mook B: This pod is a go, let’s move him out!
[21. Plan to eradicate the Saiyans, again]
Japanese

*scene switches to Freeza’s ship*
Dodoria: I have returned.
Zarbon: Dodoria, you bungled it.
Dodoria: What’s that?
Zarbon: You allowed one of the Saiyans on Planet Meat to escape.
Dodoria: Impossible! I made certain!
Zarbon: Then what have we here? *ship is seen on screen*
Dodoria: It’s him! He survived that!? This is inexcusable of me! I will deal with him immediately!
Freeza: Oh, it is all right. This Saiyan also seems to be headed toward Planet Vegeta anyhow.
Zarbon: Then he will meet the same fate either way, won’t he?
*Burdock’s ship approaches Freeza’s*
Burdock: T-that’s Freeza-sama’s spaceship. H-he couldn’t be headed for Planet Vegeta, could he? I can’t believe it!
Freeza: It has been some time since we have seen the best show in the universe. I hope the fireworks will be pretty.

……………………………………………………..

English

*scene changes to Freeza’s ship*
Dodoria: Mission accomplished, sire!
Freeza: Oh, really? You sound so sure of yourself, Dodoria!
Zarbon: Once again you botched it up!
Dodoria: I did not!
Zarbon: You missed one, the leader. Bardock! He’s still alive!
Dodoria: You’re wrong, I saw him die!
Zarbon: Oh? Then what’s that there? *ship appears on screen*
Dodoria: Huh? A Saiyan space-pod! I don’t believe it! How could he have survived that?
Freeza: Dodoria! Perhaps this will teach you not to take things for granted! To be more thorough with your work!
Dodoria: Lord Freeza, forgive me. Please, sire! Let me go now! Bardock, he’s dead! I’ll be…
Freeza: You’ll be quiet, Dodoria! You’re not going anywhere! There’s no need to chase after the bee anymore, I’ve decided to go straight for the hive!
Dodoria: Sire!
Zarbon: Yes, I see! You’ve decided to extinguish the whole lot of them, Sire!
Freeza: That’s right! You guessed it Zarbon! If you want to get rid of weeds for good, you have to get them by the root!
*Bardock’s spaceship passes by Freeza’s ship*
Bardock: Great, Freeza! Aw, man…not good! He’s coming to Vegeta! I know he is! I can feel it! How bizarre! It’s as clear as day! I can go inside of his mind!
*back on Freeza’s ship*
Freeza: Ah, yes! Ease up! There she is! Beautiful, isn’t she? A rare gem indeed, as red as a blood ruby!
[22. Crossing paths]
Japanese

*Goku’s ship is launched and passes Burdock’s*
Burdock: Kakarrot!
*Burdock’s ship lands*
Mook A: What’s the matter, Burdock!?
Mook B: What a shame, you just missed your kid’s launch! As I remember, he’s going to some frontier planet called “Earth”.
Burdock: Did you say “Earth”?
Mook B: Yeah, it’s a blue planet, part of a star system. He may be a low-class warrior, but give him a few months, and he’s sure to wipe out the planet. Once you’ve recovered from those injuries, you ought to go meet up with him. So what happened to you? How did a guy like you get beat up so badly?
Burdock (talking to himself): That’s…
Mook B: I thought you went to Planet Meat, didn’t you?
Burdock: That’s Earth! There’s no mistake. All those dreams I’ve had…they’re really the future! Which means…! It-it can’t be!
Mook B: W-what’s the matter, Burdock!?
Mook A: Hey, look at this! *they look at the bloody spaceship interior* He’s far from all right, wouldn’t you say!?

English

*meanwhile, wherever the hell Goku is being launched from*
Mook: Stand clear of door seven! Launching sequence has been initiated!
*Goku’s ship is launched, and passes by Bardock’s*
Bardock: It’s happening again! *more visions* Kakarot!
Mook: Please clear the landing deck! Pod landing in four seconds! Three…two…one
Mook A: Bardock? Hey, are you alright!
Bardock: Yeah! Please! I need to go! Move!
Mook B: You better go straight to recovery, oh and hey! You missed your son! He just left!
Bardock: Huh? Just now?
Mook B: Yep! He left just before you arrived, Sir! Darn shame! Yeah! You only missed him by a matter of seconds! I wish I would have known that it was you coming in, I could have delayed his departure!
Bardock: Then it’s true, all true! I wasn’t hallucinating! My son, that planet!
Mook B: Are you okay, Sir! Please! You’re injured! Allow us to escort you to the recovery chambers!
Bardock: That means that the other part of the vision must be true as well! Vegeta!
Mook B: I’d be happy to accompany you sir!
Mook A: Oh my gosh, take a look at this would ya! They really messed him up good this time!
[23. Tooro Tooro Tooro]
Japanese

Burdock: That’s really the future! Everything…happens…for real!
*more visions*
Tooro (in vision): I just struck you using a technique giving you knowledge of the future through visions! You will see the future fate of your own people. I will warn you now, that you have no future, save that which is cursed! As it is with my own people, there will be nothing but destruction for yours! I condemn you to see your own future, and agonize over the form it takes!
Burdock: I won’t let him do it. I’ll stop him myself! Freeza!

…………………………………………………………………..

English

Bardock: That monster! He’s going to blow up the whole planet! I’ve got to warn the others! I’ve got to stop him somehow!
*another vision starts*
Tooro (in vision): The one who seeks the power, Freeza, will never have it! But I have given it to you as a gift, Bardock! So that you could see! See the horror of your end, just like we had to!!
Bardock: Where am I?
Tooro: This is the future, Bardock! This is what you killed my people for, isn’t it?
Bardock: My son?
Tooro: Yes, your son. He’s growing up to be a powerful warrior just like his father was!
Bardock: Was?
Tooro: At this time you are long since dead! You blew up with your planet!
Bardock: No, Freeza!
Tooro: Take heart, Bardock! A savior has been born! One who has the power to save the innocent from people like Freeza…and you!
*back in reality, save for a few quick visions of the planet’s destruction*
Bardock: NO! I’m not going crazy! It is the future! I’ve got to let the others know! If I’m able to see the future, there might be a chance to change it!

[24. Warning of danger]
Japanese

*he walks into bar filled with Saiyans*
Saiyans: What the? Ain’t that Burdock? What’s the matter?
Burdock: Everyone, come with me! We’re going to kill Freeza!
Saiyans: What? What are you saying!?
Burdock: Believe me. Toma and the others, they were all killed! Freeza is about to eliminate us…about to eliminate Planet Vegeta!
*they all laugh*
Saiyans: He says the planet is going to be destroyed! Are you all right? Get a grip on yourself, Burdock! Freeza-sama would never do something like that! Are you sure you didn’t just have a bad dream?
Burdock: You…worthless…fools! You miserable jackasses! I’m not asking any more! All of you can go to hell!
Saiyan A: Hey, Burdock!
Saiyan B: Let him go, he’s flipped his lid.

…………………………………………………….

English

*Bardock enters a bar filled with Saiyans*
Saiyans: So, whatd’ya say? You dog!
*Bardock crashes to floor*
Saiyan A: Whoah! Bardock! What’s wrong!
Saiyan B: He got his butt kicked, that’s what’s wrong!
C: It’s about time!
Bardock: Listen, everybody! It’s Freeza! He’s coming for us!
Saiyan A: Us?
Saiyan B: You mean you, right?
Bardock: No us! You, me, everyone here! It’s true! He’s scared of us! He wants us all dead! My whole crew is dead thanks to that freak!
Saiyan A: Bardock gets his tail whipped and it’s the end of the world, right? Maybe you goons should stop pretending to be elites!
Saiyan B: No kidding, Bardock! Welcome to the real world, buddy-boy!
C: It hurts! Don’t it?
D: Let’s tell him that we’ll leave him alone if he bows down whenever he’s in the presence of a Saiyan!
E: No, forget it! That little worm is going to have to kiss my stinky feet!
Bardock: Fools, you’re dead!
Saiyan: Bow down in front of me Freeza, and while you’re down there, kiss my stinking feet!
Bardock: Fools! You’re all dead! He’s on his way!!
Saiyan: C’mon, Bardock!
Bardock: Fine! Believe what you want to believe! But I’m going to try and stop him!
Saiyan A: Man, what’s up with Bardock!
Saiyan B: He lost his crew, that’s what!
C: He needs to get to recovery!
[25. Speechless]
Japanese

*Burdock has vision of Goku on Namek*

……………………………………………………

English

*Bardock has vision of Goku on Namek*
Goku: Bardock!
Bardock: Who is it? Show yourself! Who’s calling me? Come out! I know you’re here!
Goku: You know who I am! Don’t you? Bardock!
Bardock: Yes, you’re my son!
Goku: It’s not too late, Father! To be different…than him!
[26. More speeches]
Japanese

*back to reality, he looks up at Freeza’s ship*
Burdock: I…I will…change the future!

…………………………………………….

English

*back in reality*
Bardock: Where am I? This is madness! Where I was seemed just as real as this! Freeza! I’ve got to stop him!! *he looks up at Freeza’s ship* I can feel it! I’m the only one who knows!
Tooro: I have given it to you as a gift, Bardock! So that you could see! See the horror of your end! Now you’ll know how we felt!
Bardock: Well, I’m not going to sit around and wait for the show! I’ll stop him, even if I have to do it with my own two hands! Freeza, I’m coming for you, your murderous, self-serving traitor! It’s over! Torah, Fasha! This is for you!
[27. Ship]
Japanese

*up at Freeza’s ship*
Freeza: This will be the last time we gaze upon this planet, will it not?
Mook: Freeza-sama!

……………………………….

English

*he flies up to the ship*
Freeza: What a stunning sight! Sometimes I amaze myself at how callous I can be!
Zarbon: Sire!
Mook: Lord Freeza! An intruder is approaching!
[28. Liquid State Scouter]
Japanese

*Several trillion mooks pour out to attack Burdock; lots of fighting*
Freeza: Zarbon-san.
Zarbon: Sir?
Freeza: Open the upper hatch.
Zarbon: But, our own men out there *Freeza doesn’t respond* As you command!
*more Burdock mook-bashing*
Burdock: Freeza!! Freeza! Get out here! I won’t let you get away with this!
*Freeza comes out*
Mooks: Freeza-sama! F-Freeza-sama!

………………………………………………

English

*several trillion mooks pour out of the ship, fighting ensures*
Bardock: Come on, you cowards!!
Freeza: It’s me he wants, isn’t it? So be it!
Zarbon: Sire?
Freeza: Yes, prepare my transport, Zarbon!
Dodoria: Huh?
Zarbon: Sire, you wish to leave the ship?
Freeza: Are you questioning my orders?
Zarbon: Huh? No, Lord Freeza! Right away, Sire!
Mooks: Get him! Got ya!
Bardock: Freeza! Freeza, come out and fight me!
Mooks: It’s him! Lord Freeza! We salute you Sire!!
Other Mooks: Yeah! Long live, Lord Freeza!!

[29. Bardock’s big moment]
Japanese

Burdock: Now, everything changes! The fate of Planet Vegeta…my own fate…Kakarrot’s fate…as well as your fate! This is where it ends!
*Burdock blasts Freeza, but it’s extinguished by Freeza’s own blast*
Burdock: W-what!?

…………………………………..

Bardock: No way! You’ve lived long enough! Actually, it’s been too long for my taste! Freeza, listen up…we quit! All of us! Got it! We don’t work for you! We’re free! You can find someone else to do your dirty work! Oh yeah! There is one last thing! This is for all the people that we killed in your name! I wish we were never foolish enough to obey you! Here…have it!
*he blasts Freeza, but it’s just absorbed by Freeza’s own blast*
Bardock: Huh? No way!!
[30. Everyone dies]
Japanese

*Freeza launches his blast*
*Burdock and mooks are enveloped by attack, planet shakes*
Burdock: Ka…kar…ro…t…Kakarrot!
Saiyans: What’s this!?
*planet explodes*
Freeza: How wonderful! Look at it, Zarbon-san, Dodoria-san! Behold such beautiful fireworks!
Bardock’s voice: Kakarrot, carry out my will! You will avenge the Saiyans, and our Planet Vegeta!

……………………………………………………………………..

English

Mook: Freeza! Please don’t!
*Bardock is engulfed by Freeza’s blast*
Bardock: Yes, I…see…now! It’s you my son! You are the one who will defeat Freeza!! Kakarot!!!
*the planet explodes*
Freeza: Oh, my! This is, stupendous! Wow! What a great show! Unbelievable!! Look at that!!
Bardock’s voice: Kakarot! My son! Thank you for helping me! You were right! It wasn’t too late! I only wish I would have held you in my arms when I had the chance! Goodbye, my Son!
[31. Ghost Nappa]
Japanese

Nappa (over scouter): Vegeta-sama! Do you read me?
Vegeta: What is it?
Nappa: We’ve just received a transmission from Freeza-sama. It seems as though Planet Vegeta has been destroyed!
Vegeta: And?
Nappa: Apparently a giant meteor collided with the planet. Counting us, there are very few surviving Saiyans.
Nappa: Er, nothing else in particular. That was all.
Vegeta: This planet is all but exterminated. I’ll have to request Freeza-sama to give us worlds that will put up more of a fight.

…………………………………………………………………

English

Somebody (over scouter): Prince Vegeta! Do you copy, Sir?
Vegeta: I’m here!
Somebody: Sir, unfortunate news from Lord Freeza! Planet Vegeta was struck by a large asteroid today and destroyed!
Vegeta: And, you’re sure?
Somebody: Affirmative, Sir! Lord Freeza sends his sympathies and regrets! As of now, you are the only known survivor!
Vegeta: Oh, really?
Somebody: Would you like to send a reply sir?
Vegeta: No, no reply.
Somebody: Very well sir, over and out
[32. Grandpa Gohan]
Japanese

*On Earth, Gohan finds baby Goku*
Gohan: Well, what a surprise! A baby! Where did you come from? A baby with a tail? We can’t just leave you here, can we? How would you like to come stay with me? *Goku kicks him* Oww! Oh, such a spirited young boy! Okay, from now on, you’ll be the grandson of me, Son Gohan, okay? And your name will be…let’s see…*looks up at sky* Goku! Son Goku! Goku, you’re going to grow up strong! *he lifts him up in the air* Whee! Whee whee whee! Whee!

Narrator: And thus the curtain rises for the grand story that is Dragonball.

……………………………………………………………………………………..

English

Gohan: Huh? Oh my goodness, a little boy. What are you doing way out here little fellow? Huh? Whatd’ya know, a tail! Strange fellow! Don’t worry, I’m a little odd myself! Believe it or not! *Goku kicks him* Oh, my! You are a little stinkey, aren’t you? Goodness! You should take it easy on me! I’m old enough to be your Grandpa, you know! Now let’s see! Hmm…hm! Aahh! Yes! I think I know what to call you until I find out where you belong, little fella! Look, how ‘bout I call you Goku! Oh! You like that, huh? Alright, then, Goku it is! Woo hoo! Goku! *he lifts him up into the air* Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha! Weee! What a good little boy!
Last edited by Herms on Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kanzenshuu: Is that place still around?
Sometimes, I tweet things
We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

Herms
Kanzenshuu Admin Emeritus

Re: Bardock Special sub/dub scripts

Post by Herms » Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:20 pm

Japanese Subtitles
Narrator: On Planet Vegeta, a baby boy lets out his first cry.
Doctor A: Kakarot? So this is Burdock’s son, then?
B: Yeah. He sure is the kid of a lower class warrior. He’s barely got any potential abilities at all. I guess all we can do with him is send him off to one of the frontier planets.
A: I suppose so.

*Saiyans attack Kanassaians. One cuts Pumpkin, but they all get wiped out anyway*
Pumpkin: *touches scar* That bastard.
Toma: That’s what you get for dropping your guard. So Burdock, don’t you think you went over the top there, even celebrating your son’s birth and all?
Burdock: Celebrating my son’s birth? What a ridiculous farce!
Selypa: We’re finished on this planet. Why don’t you head back to Planet Vegeta and meet him?
Burdock: To see a lowest-class warrior without any promise at all? What kind of fool would make that trip? And who asked you what I should be doing anyhow?
Selypa: I see.
Pumpkin: We ought to be grateful to Freeza-sama. He’s been putting us to work for him quite often.
Burdock: So what does Freeza-sama want with a crummy little planet like this?
Toma: You know what I heard? This Kanassa is supposed to have some kind of energy that grants you psychic abilities. I don’t know whether he believes that rumor or not, but apparently Freeza-sama has been thinking of taking this world for a long time.
Burdock: Wha-?
Pumpkin: Rotten scum!
Burdock: Looks like I dropped my guard too. You lousy rat!
Tooro: Listen to me! I just struck you using a technique giving you knowledge of the future through visions!
Burdock: Knowledge of the future?
Tooro: You will see the future fate of your own people.
Burdock: What is this guy talking about?
Tooro: I will warn you now, that you have no future, save that which is cursed! As it is with my own people, there will be nothing but destruction for yours! I condemn you to see your own future, and agonize over the form it takes!
Burdock: Enough!
Pumpkin: That’s pretty funny. What do us invincible Saiyans have to watch and agonize over, I ask you? Right, Burdo-?
Everyone: Hey, Burdock! Burdock! Hey Burdock! What’s wrong? Shake it off! What’s the matter? Hey Burdock! Hey! Burdock!

Mooks: He’s avoiding every one of their attacks! He’s incredible! U-unbelievable! He finished off those strength-enhanced Saibaimen in a matter of seconds!
Nappa: What’s so incredible? Vegeta-sama wasn’t even giving them his best!
Mook A: What a fearsome kid!
Vegeta: I’m done! Hurry and open the gate!
Mook A: Roger!
Nappa: Impressive, as always.
Vegeta: Cut out the ridiculous boot-licking! As long as I stay on this world, I won’t ever get stronger. Maybe I should ask Freeza-sama about letting me have another one of his worlds slated for conquering.
Nappa: Again?
Vegeta: You’d rather I didn’t?
Nappa: I course not!

Zarbon: Freeza-sama, we have just received word that Planet Kanassa has been conquered. We have acquired it fully one month sooner than had been forecast.
Dodoria: Who was it we sent to take over Kanassa?
Zarbon: Some nameless lower-class Saiyan warriors.
Freeza: Saiyans?
Dodoria: These latest guys have been working pretty hard, don’t you think?
Zarbon: There’s certainly something remarkable about them.
Dodoria: Particularly when it comes to Vegeta, their prince, with whom Freeza-sama has taken such an interest. I can’t hardly believe a kid like that has such a battle power.
Zarbon: It’s more than just him. Individually, there’s nothing special about them, but when they team up, they demonstrate incredible power.
Dodoria: What are you afraid of?
Zarbon: Nothing. I just think that if we leave the Saiyans alone like this, it will mean a lot of trouble for us later on. You never know when another guy like Vegeta may appear. Let’s suppose they were to team up against us.
Freeza: You think they might become unpleasant, then?
Zarbon: Aye. *Vegeta enters* What do you think you’re doing?
Dodoria: Why are you here? This isn’t the sort of place where you belong!
Vegeta: I’ve just come to pay my respects to Freeza-sama as I depart.
Zarbon: There’s no need for that. Just worry about clearing your assigned planet for now.
Freeza: It is quite all right, Zarbon-san.
Zarbon: Freeza-sama?
Freeza: Vegeta, please do a thorough job.
Vegeta: Thank you very much.
Freeza: There is no need to thank me so.

Doctor A: Burdock is as surprising as ever. It’s only taken him several days to fully recover.
Doctor B: Yeah. He may be a lower class warrior, but every time he goes off to clear some land, he always manages to nearly get killed before returning.
A: By now, his battle power should be pretty close to 10,000.
B: He’s quite a guy.
*Toma enters*
Toma: How is he?
B: Physically there’s nothing wrong. He’s in perfect shape. However, the computer is picking up a fluctuation in his brain waves.
Toma: I see.
Pumpkin: Oh well, this time we’ll have to leave Burdock behind.
Toma: Yeah.
A: Which planet are you off to this time?
Toma: Planet Meat.

*Goku cries, and Burdock reacts*
Doctor B: Is he regaining consciousness?
Tooro: I just struck you using a technique giving you knowledge of the future through visions! You will see the future fate of your own people. I will warn you now, that you have no future, save that which is cursed! As it is with my own people, there will be nothing but destruction for yours! I condemn you to see your own future, and agonize over the form it takes!
Doctor A: Are you all right, Burdock?
Burdock: Yeah. I’m still a bit dizzy in the head, though. I was having these strange dreams.
A: Dreams?
Burdock: Yeah. I wonder what they were all about.
A: Are you sure you’re okay?
Burdock: I’m made of tougher stuff than you guys are, much tougher. Never mind me, what happened to Toma and the others?
A: They were ordered by Freeza-sama to the planet Meat.
Burdock: What!? Dammit, how could they leave me out? Planet Meat, eh? All right, that’s pretty close.
*Burdock runs off*
A: Hey, Burdock!
*Bardock passes by crying Goku*
Tooro: I condemn you to see your own future, and agonize over the form it takes!
Burdock: Kaka…rot? *uses scouter* A battle power of just 2? What scum!

Toma: Damn…W-why? Why are you guys…?
Dodoria: You Saiyans, you’re as tough as I expected. However…You’ll have to let us toy with you a little more.
Toma: Why!? Why are you doing this?
Dodoria: Is that bothering you? All right, you can take this to hell with you. This, you see, was ordered by Freeza-sama!
Toma: W-what!?
Dodoria: Freeza-sama denounced you Saiyans as troublesome!
Totally Not Appule: You sure you didn’t do anything to upset him?
Toma: I-it’s untrue! We’ve always acted exactly as ordered by Freeza-sama! Never once have we…
Dodoria: Never-the-less, if you fall out of favor, this is what happens!
Toma: This? After all the hard work we’ve done?
Dodoria: That’s…right! *hits Toma*
*scene change to Bardock, who’s surveying the landscape*
Bardock: Looks like they got carried away again. Those guys…*scouter reacts* Mm? There they are! All caught up in the moment rioting around, no doubt.
*He flies off to meet them, finds their bodies*
Bardock: What the…?
Toma: B-Burdock?
Burdock: Toma! What’s going on here? What happened?
Toma: What a fool I’ve been. We should have stayed home tucked in our beds like good children.
Burdock: Never mind that, don’t tell me the Meatians got the best of you?
Toma: No. We eliminated them quickly.
Burdock: Then who did this to you?
Toma: Freeza! He’s stabbed us all in the back!
Burdock: That can’t be possible!
Toma: That rotten Freeza’s just been using us. I-I’ve already had it, but before long, all Saiyans are going to be killed by that rat Freeza.
Toma: Listen to me, listen well—go back to Planet Vegeta right now! Once there, gather our comrades and defeat Freeza! Let him know…how strong the Saiyans…really…are…
*Toma dies. Dodoria’s men show up.*
Burdock: You!
Horn Mook: Now comes your turn to die!
*Fighting*
Horn Mook: You lowlife! Where did you go!? Dammit! You fool!
*Fighting*
Green Mook: T-this can’t be! He’s supposed to be a lower-class warrior!
Horn Mook: Regardless of his level, he’s still a Saiyan! Stay on your toes! Let’s go!
*Burdock suddenly has more visions*
Goku: Kaio-ken!
Vegeta: What’s the matter, Kakarrot!? I know you’ve got better than this!
Burdock: No again! Damn, what’s going on in my head!?
Horn Mook: No, wait-…
*Horn Mook gets blown up, Dodoria shows up*
Burdock: D-Dodoria! Why!? Why are you doing this to us!?
*Dodoria blows him away*
Dodoria: That was all too brief. I wish he’d have entertained me a bit longer.
Zarbon (via scouter): Come in, Dodoria. You are ordered to return. Rendezvous with us immediately. We’re headed for Planet Vegeta.
Dodoria: Understood.
*Dodoria leaves. Burdock recovers from blast*
Burdock: Dammit. Freeza-sama really is after us.

Mook: Launch this one off, if you would. Target directional coordinates: FX-50. Name: Kakarrot. Burdock’s son, hmm? Rank: Lowest-class warrior. Planet of destination…
*scene switches to Freeza’s ship*
Dodoria: I have returned.
Zarbon: Dodoria, you bungled it.
Dodoria: What’s that?
Zarbon: You allowed one of the Saiyans on Planet Meat to escape.
Dodoria: Impossible! I made certain!
Zarbon: Then what have we here? *ship is seen on screen*
Dodoria: It’s him! He survived that!? This is inexcusable of me! I will deal with him immediately!
Freeza: Oh, it is all right. This Saiyan also seems to be headed toward Planet Vegeta anyhow.
Zarbon: Then he will meet the same fate either way, won’t he?
Burdock: T-that’s Freeza-sama’s spaceship. H-he couldn’t be headed for Planet Vegeta, could he? I can’t believe it!
Freeza: It has been some time since we have seen the best show in the universe. I hope the fireworks will be pretty.
*Goku’s ship is launched and passes Burdock’s*

*Burdock’s ship lands*
Mook A: What’s the matter, Burdock!?
Mook B: What a shame, you just missed your kid’s launch! As I remember, he’s going to some frontier planet called “Earth”.
Burdock: Did you say “Earth”?
Mook B: Yeah, it’s a blue planet, part of a star system. He may be a low-class warrior, but give him a few months, and he’s sure to wipe out the planet. Once you’ve recovered from those injuries, you ought to go meet up with him.
Mook A: So what happened to you? How did a guy like you get beat up so badly?
Burdock (talking to himself): That’s…
Mook B: I thought you went to Planet Meat, didn’t you?
Burdock: That’s Earth! There’s no mistake. All those dreams I’ve had…they’re really the future! Which means…! It-it can’t be!
Mook B: W-what’s the matter, Burdock!?
Mook A: Hey, look at this! *they look at the bloody spaceship interior* He’s far from all right, wouldn’t you say!?

Burdock: That’s really the future! Everything…happens…for real!
*more visions*
Tooro (in vision): I just struck you using a technique giving you knowledge of the future through visions! You will see the future fate of your own people. I will warn you now, that you have no future, save that which is cursed! As it is with my own people, there will be nothing but destruction for yours! I condemn you to see your own future, and agonize over the form it takes!
Burdock: I won’t let him do it. I’ll stop him myself! Freeza!
*he walks into bar filled with Saiyans*
Saiyans: What the? Ain’t that Burdock? What’s the matter?
Burdock: Everyone, come with me! We’re going to kill Freeza!
Saiyans: What? What are you saying!?
Burdock: Believe me. Tome and the others, they were all killed! Freeza is about to eliminate us…about to eliminate Planet Vegeta!
*they all laugh*
Saiyans: He says the planet is going to be destroyed! Are you all right? Get a grip on yourself, Burdock! Freeza-sama would never do something like that! Are you sure you didn’t just have a bad dream?
Burdock: You…worthless…fools! You miserable jackasses! I’m not asking any more! All of you can go to hell!
Saiyan A: Hey, Burdock!
Saiyan B: Let him go, he’s flipped his lid.

*Burdock has vision of Goku on Namek*
*back to reality, he looks up at Freeza’s ship*
Burdock: I…I will…change the future!

*up at Freeza’s ship*
Freeza: This will be the last time we gaze upon this planet, will it not?

*Several trillion mooks pour out to attack Burdock; lots of fighting*
Freeza: Zarbon-san.
Zarbon: Sir?
Freeza: Open the upper hatch.
Zarbon: But, our own men out there *Freeza doesn’t respond* As you command!
*more Burdock mook-bashing*
Burdock: Freeza!! Freeza! Get out here! I won’t let you get away with this!
*Freeza comes out*
Mooks: Freeza-sama! F-Freeza-sama!
Burdock: Now, everything changes! The fate of Planet Vegeta…my own fate…Kakarrot’s fate…as well as your fate! This is where it ends!
*Burdock blasts Freeza, but it’s extinguished by Freeza’s own blast*
Burdock: W-what!?
*Freeza launches his blast*
*Burdock and mooks are enveloped by attack, planet shakes*
Burdock: Ka…kar…ro…t…Kakarrot!
Saiyans: What’s this!?
*planet explodes*
Freeza: How wonderful! Look at it, Zarbon-san, Dodoria-san! Behold such beautiful fireworks!
Bardock’s voice: Kakarrot, carry out my will! You will avenge the Saiyans, and our Planet Vegeta!

Nappa (over scouter): Vegeta-sama! Do you read me?
Vegeta: What is it?
Nappa: We’ve just received a transmission from Freeza-sama. It seems as though Planet Vegeta has been destroyed!
Nappa: Apparently a giant meteor collided with the planet. Counting us, there are very few surviving Saiyans.
Nappa: Er, nothing else in particular. That was all.
Vegeta: This planet is all but exterminated. I’ll have to request Freeza-sama to give us worlds that will put up more of a fight.

*On Earth, Gohan finds baby Goku*
Gohan: Well, what a surprise! A baby! Where did you come from? A baby with a tail? We can’t just leave you here, can we? How would you like to come stay with me? *Goku kicks him* Oww! Oh, such a spirited young boy! Okay, from now on, you’ll be the grandson of me, Son Gohan, okay? And your name will be…let’s see…*looks up at sky* Goku! Son Goku! Goku, you’re going to grow up strong! *he lifts him up in the air* Whee! Whee whee whee! Whee!

Narrator: And thus the curtain rises for the grand story that is Dragonball.
English Dub
Narrator: Many years ago, a small child was born. Unheralded, and unattended by its father or mother, the baby cried out, making its lonely plea to the universe! The Saiyans were a people of war, and like all Saiyan babies, the child was destined to fight!
Melakka: My goodness, that’s one loud kid!
Planthor: Yes, he’ll be great, watch!
Melakka: That’s a bold prediction for the son of a low-class soldier! Let’s see, Bardock’s son, huh? Planthor, I wouldn’t stake my reputation on that prediction if I were you!
Planthor: Hmm…you just wait. Come here, Melakka! Do you hear that? That’s the cry of a great warrior! Let’s see…Kakarot! Remember that name!

Dimitreous: Sir, it’s the full moon…just like in the vision!
Commander: Yes Dimitreous. Indeed, it is about to begin. This is the hour for which we have prepared!
Dimitreous: Yes, Commander!
*Saiyans attack Kanassaians*
Commander: Don’t lose heart my faithful Kanass. This is our duty! We must see it through until the end.
*A Kanassaian cuts Shugesh, but they all get wiped out anyway*
Torah: That was a heck of a party, wasn’t it.
Fasha: If you say so, I don’t remember any of it!
Torah: You’re a typical ape Fasha.
Fasha: Aaah, shut up! I don’t see how you guys remember, anyway! It’s elephants that aren’t supposed to forget, not apes!
Borgos: I’m with you Fasha! To me it’s like waking up from a dream! You kind of remember it all but then it just slips away!
Shugesh: I don’t remember much either, but I remember the crusty, little devil that game me this! *touches scar*
Fasha: Bardock says he remembers everything!
Torah: Right, don’t make me laugh, Fasha! Bardock might remember every second of every battle but he remembers nothing of his personal life! Allow me to demonstrate…Bardock, do you remember what day your son was born?
Bardock: No, but that was a long time ago!
Fasha: It was not, you lazy bum! Yesterday? Come on! You need to go see the little tike! You have enough time to stop in before our next assignment!
Bardock: Visit him, huh? How nice. Father-son bonding! Why should I? They’ll just send him away! What’s the use? Tell me that!
Fasha: Hmmm…Bardock! You’re too much!
Shugesh: Hey, guys…why did we fight for this dump anyway, huh? Is Freeza out of his tiny little mind or something?
Bardock: Yeah, but not in this case. I think this planet has special energy, so I heard!
Torah: Yeah, I heard the same thing! You’re supposed to be able to develop psychic powers if you live here! Like being able to read minds and see the future and stuff like that!
Bardock: Freeza is such a paranoid freak! He’d jump at the chance to be able to read minds!
Borgos: That’s a scary thought, Freeza reading minds. I…
*Tooro jumps out*
Tooro: I wish you baboons could read minds, so you could have heard the thoughts of my troops as you slaughtered them!
People: What in the heck is going on? Huh?
Tooro: I have transmuted your destructive force into a more tolerable energy! Soon, you will all die!
Bardock: Yeah? We’ll see about that…goodbye!
Tooro: Wait! You have come here seeking psychic power. Well, I have given it to you, Bardock!
Bardock: He reads minds!
Tooro: You can too now, Bardock! You have the power now, too!
Bardock: Me? What are you talking about?
Tooro: The one who seeks the power, Freeza, will never have it! But I have given it to you as a gift, Bardock! So that you could see!
Bardock: See what?
Tooro: See the horror of your end, just like we had to!
Bardock: Shut up!
Shugesh: Instant bar-b-que! You never know what you’re going to find under a rock these days! Pretty freaky creature, aye? Hey! Yo! Hello?

(Elite Training Center)

Mook A: Holy rings of Korbeesha, Did you see that?
Mook B: Yes, I see it all the time!
A: That’s Prince Vegeta.
B: He’s the best!
A: There’s no waaayyy!!
B: Not for any kid you’ve ever known!
Mook A: Unbelievable!
Mook B: I told you!
Mook A: My gosh! What’s he going to be like when he’s full grown?
Nappa: Nobody knows that, yet! But take my advice and stay on his good side!
Mook A: Shoot, yeah!
Vegeta: Open up, you fool! I’m done!
Mook A: Ahhh! Yikes! Sorry, sir!
Nappa: You’re the best, Prince!
Vegeta: Hm! Stop kissing up, Nappa! *they go on the moving walkway* This place bores me! I want another combat assignment, no more drills! Man, Freeza! The day will soon be here that we won’t take any more orders from him! You watch!
Nappa: Huh? You think so?
Vegeta: I know so!
Nappa: I’d love that!

Zarbon: Pardon me, Lord Freeza, Sir! Interesting news! Planet Kanassa has been occupied as of last night, Sire!
Freeza: Oh?
Zarbon: Yes, sire! The Kanass have been eradicated! The planet is yours!
Dodoria: Kanassa! That job has been in the pool for months! I though we’d have to handle that one ourselves!
Zarbon: No! A band of Saiyans took it!
Freeza: Saiyans…
Dodoria: Wow! Their elite teams are becoming comparable to our own!
Zarbon: Actually, it was a band of their low-level soldiers!
Dodoria: No low-levels could take Kanassa! No! These are standouts! The Saiyans are quickly becoming our best fighters! Am I right?
Zarbon: Yes, Dodoria! Without a doubt! They’re much stronger now! It’s amazing! In a small group on a full moon, they’re hard to beat!
Dodoria: What? Are you scared of them, Zarbon?
Zarbon: No, certainly not! I’m just saying that we need to keep an eye on them, that’s all! Like this Bardock who led the assault on the Kanassans! What if he and he group teamed up with young Vegeta and a handful of other great fighters! How would you like to tangle with that bunch on a full moon, Dodoria?
Freeza: Only a fool would welcome that scenario!
Zarbon: Yes Sire!
*Vegeta enters*
Zarbon: Prince Vegeta? What do you think you’re doing?
Dodoria: Freeza didn’t send for you, kid! You know that no one sees Lord Freeza unless he calls them first!
Vegeta: Look, I’m bored! This is lame! I need an assignment!
Zarbon: Hm! Who do you think you are? I oughta teach you a lesson in etiquette, Prince!
Freeza: Give him an assignment Zarbon, immediately!
Zarbon: Lord Freeza!
Freeza: That boy doesn’t mean any harm, Zarbon! He just hasn’t learned how to control his passion! Give him the hardest assignment that you have, and Vegeta…do come back alive!
Vegeta: I will, Sire! Thank you very much!
Freeza: You don’t have to thank me, Vegeta! You certainly earn your keep around here! You might want to min your manners a little better though!
Vegeta: Sire!

Melakka: If he keeps this up, he going to be become stronger than King Vegeta!
Planthor: No kidding! Bardock, he comes back from every mission half dead! My gosh!
Melakka: He’s crazy! What kind of low-level soldier would go to a planet like Kanassa with only a handful of men?
Planthor: I think he needs to be retested, his case is unusual!
Melakka: I agree, Planthor!
Torah: How is he, Melakka?
Melakka: Let’s see here…yes, physically, sure…he’s ready! Mentally, I’m not so sure! There’s a slight change in his brainwave patterns!
Torah: Brainwaves!
Shugesh: That doesn’t sound too good, Torah! We’d better handle this one on our own!
Torah: Right! We should be okay on Meet! *to Bardock* Well, goodbye, old friend!

*Goku cries, Bardock reacts*
Melakka: Hmmm? Whoa!
Bardock: A planet being destroyed! Was it Vegeta? No! It couldn’t be! But wait, the baby, my son…he sees it, too! It’s him…being sent out! So lonely! Torah! I don’t understand! What does my young son have to do with you? Why am I seeing these things? It doesn’t make any sense! My son, he’s become a warrior…but he’s different from us! What happened? What’s wrong with him? Why am I seeing this! No…no!!
Melakka: Planthor! Get him out of there! Something serious is going on!
Planthor: Open the hatch, Melakka!
Planthor: Thank goodness you’re alright, you have us a scare! Bardock, what happened?
Bardock: I don’t know…wow! It was like I was having a nightmare but I wasn’t asleep! At least I don’t think I was asleep!
Planthor: I think it would be wise to take it easy for a while, Bardock!
Bardock: Oh, yeah? Well, I wouldn’t know, I’m not wise!
Planthor: You’re not?
Bardock: No!
Planthor: Oh, I think you’re wise! How else could you take on the assignments that you do and still be alive?
Bardock: I know how to figh! That’s all! It doesn’t take a whole lot of brains to be a great fighter! Which reminds me, where’s Torah! I thought I heard him in here earlier!
Planthor: You and your team were ordered to go to Planet Meet by Freeza himself!
Bardock: What? Freeza! So we’re finally getting the recognition we deserve! And those bums take off without me, huh?
*Bardock runs off*
Planthor: No! Wait! Bardock! You need to rest!
*Bardock’s still running, has a weird reaction*
Bardock: Huh? Not again!
*Runs up to Goku’s incubator. Goku is crying, but can’t be heard*
Bardock: Oh, thank goodness! You’re real this time! Man, you sure have some powerful lungs! Well, look kid, I’ll catch you later!
Tooro: Wait!
Tooro: You have come here seeking psychic power. Well, I have given it to you, Bardock!
Bardock: Kakarot, huh? You see it too, somehow! Don’t you? *uses scouter* Only an average power level! I thought you were special!

Torah: Borgos! No! Darn you, brutes! Why? Tell me! Why are you doing this? I don’t understand!
Dodoria: Poor baby! What don’t you understand, Torah? That you are weak? What a mess you are! Ahh, Torah…You shouldn’t have forgotten that you are weak!
Torah: What do you mean? We serve Freeza! You know that!
Dodoria: Yes, I know! Freeza’s very impressed with your service record! Yes, too impressed! It seems he wants you dead!
Torah: What? Why?
Dodoria: I don’t want to flatter you but Freeza thought that you were getting too strong!
Totally Not Appule: Cool, huh? You should consider this a promotion!
Torah: No! Look! It’s not fair! Everything that we’ve done was for him! How can he do this!
Dodoria: You fool! It’s not what you’ve done! It’s what you might have done in the future!
Torah: Then no one’s safe from Freeza! Not even you!
Dodoria: Is that so? *hits Torah*
*scene changes to Bardock, who surveys the landscape*
Bardock: It looks like they plowed right through this one. I guess I taught those knuckleheads something about fighting after all! *scouter reacts* Yep, still here! Lousy bums, probably still celebrating!
*he flies off and finds their bodies*
Bardock: Shugesh, Fasha, Borgos! What happened? It can’t be…
Torah: B-Bardock!
Bardock: Torah! Oh my gosh! Torah! Don’t tell me you let those Meet-heads do this to you guys?
Torah: No! No way, come one! You should know us better than that, Bardock!
Bardock: I didn’t think so! Well, what happened then?
Torah: We…we were ambushed by Dodoria and his men!
Bardock: Freeza’s the one that ordered us here!
Torah: Yes! It was a set-up. Freeza, he wants us all dead!
Bardock: But why? I mean, after all we’ve done? It doesn’t make sense! We took the jobs that even his elites wouldn’t mess with and we still won! It’s true! Isn’t it!
Torah: We were getting to be the best, Freeza’s scared!
Bardock: Scared of what?
Torah: Of you, Bardock! Freeza’s scared of you! Don’t you see! He’s scared of what you might become! You’re getting too strong! Good luck, old friend! I’m sorry that I can’t…
*Torah dies*
Bardock: Goodbye, Torah! You were my best friend! So this is what it’s come to. This is how we’re rewarded for our hard work! We tried so hard to please Freeza. My crew, Borgos, Fasha! Those pigs! So they thought we were getting too strong! Shugesh! I promise somehow I’ll get them for this Shugesh! I’ll die trying! Freeza’s taken our loyalty, and paid us back in our own blood!
*Mooks show up*
Bardock: I thought there was a foul smell in the air! So you’re the ones!
Horn Mook: Bardock! You crack me up! We had some good laughs with your crew earlier, too! You should have been there!
Bardock: You’re right! I should have been there!
Horn Mook: Do you really think that it would have made a difference, Bardock? I mean really!
*they start fighting*
Totally Not Appule: There, that should do it! Hm? Ahhh!! *Bardock kills him*
Horn Mook: Ahh! What the? Where the heck did he go?
Yellow Mook: He can’t hide forever! Huh?
Horn Mook: Huh, Bardock? Huh? What? Ahh! There you are! Die you fool! *he blasts* Huh? *but its his own ally* Oh, no! What have I done? Darn it!
Green Mook: Ingenious move, he’s no slouch! Better watch out!
Horn Mook: Me watch out! He’s just a low level, we’re the elites! Now let’s go!
*Bardock suddenly has another vision*
Goku (in vision): Kaio-ken Attack!! Aaahh!
Vegeta (in vision): Not bad, Kakarot! For a low level!
*back in reality, Bardock kills the mooks*
Bardock: that was from my crew to you! So those were some of Freeza’s elites! I can see why he might be worried! *scouter reacts* Now what?
Dodoria: Mmm! Unfortunate business isn’t it, Bardock?
Bardock: Darn right! Unfortunate for you, Dodoria! Torah told me that you’re behind this!
*Dodoria blows him away*
Dodoria: That blew him away! Bardock, you should have remembered your place!
*scouter message comes in*
Dodoria: Oh? *listening* Freeza…planning something delicious no doubt!
*Dodoria leaves, and Bardock crawls out from under bodies*
Bardock: I’ll get them…somehow, someway! For you guys. You weren’t low-level soldiers! You were stronger than most of their elites! We’ll meet again, my friends! Sooner or later, we’ll meet again!

Mook A: Hey, we’ve got one to go here! Coordinate FX-50, his name is Kakarot!
Mook B: Kakarot, huh? And which planet are they sending you to, little guy! Let’s see, Eeee Arth!
Mook A: Eeee Arth? Look Kakarot, we don’t name ‘em, we just send you there, little buddy!
Mook B: This pod is a go, let’s move him out!

*scene changes to Freeza’s ship*
Dodoria: Mission accomplished, sire!
Freeza: Oh, really? You sound so sure of yourself, Dodoria!
Zarbon: Once again you botched it up!
Dodoria: I did not!
Zarbon: You missed one, the leader. Bardock! He’s still alive!
Dodoria: You’re wrong, I saw him die!
Zarbon: Oh? Then what’s that there? *ship appears on screen*
Dodoria: Huh? A Saiyan space-pod! I don’t believe it! How could he have survived that?
Freeza: Dodoria! Perhaps this will teach you not to take things for granted! To be more thorough with your work!
Dodoria: Lord Freeza, forgive me. Please, sire! Let me go now! Bardock, he’s dead! I’ll be…
Freeza: You’ll be quiet, Dodoria! You’re not going anywhere! There’s no need to chase after the bee anymore, I’ve decided to go straight for the hive!
Dodoria: Sire!
Zarbon: Yes, I see! You’ve decided to extinguish the whole lot of them, Sire!
Freeza: That’s right! You guessed it Zarbon! If you want to get rid of weeds for good, you have to get them by the root!
*Bardock’s spaceship passes by Freeza’s ship*
Bardock: Great, Freeza! Aw, man…not good! He’s coming to Vegeta! I know he is! I can feel it! How bizarre! It’s as clear as day! I can go inside of his mind!
*back on Freeza’s ship*
Freeza: Ah, yes! Ease up! There she is! Beautiful, isn’t she? A rare gem indeed, as red as a blood ruby!
*meanwhile, wherever the hell Goku is being launched from*
Mook: Stand clear of door seven! Launching sequence has been initiated!
*Goku’s ship is launched, and passes by Bardock’s*
Bardock: It’s happening again! *more visions* Kakarot!
Mook: Please clear the landing deck! Pod landing in four seconds! Three…two…one
Mook A: Bardock? Hey, are you alright!
Bardock: Yeah! Please! I need to go! Move!
Mook B: You better go straight to recovery, oh and hey! You missed your son! He just left!
Bardock: Huh? Just now?
Mook B: Yep! He left just before you arrived, Sir! Darn shame! Yeah! You only missed him by a matter of seconds! I wish I would have known that it was you coming in, I could have delayed his departure!
Bardock: Then it’s true, all true! I wasn’t hallucinating! My son, that planet!
Mook B: Are you okay, Sir! Please! You’re injured! Allow us to escort you to the recovery chambers!
Bardock: That means that the other part of the vision must be true as well! Vegeta!
Mook B: I’d be happy to accompany you sir!
Mook A: Oh my gosh, take a look at this would ya! They really messed him up good this time!

Bardock: That monster! He’s going to blow up the whole planet! I’ve got to warn the others! I’ve got to stop him somehow!
*another vision starts*
Tooro (in vision): The one who seeks the power, Freeza, will never have it! But I have given it to you as a gift, Bardock! So that you could see! See the horror of your end, just like we had to!!
Bardock: Where am I?
Tooro: This is the future, Bardock! This is what you killed my people for, isn’t it?
Bardock: My son?
Tooro: Yes, your son. He’s growing up to be a powerful warrior just like his father was!
Bardock: Was?
Tooro: At this time you are long since dead! You blew up with your planet!
Bardock: No, Freeza!
Tooro: Take heart, Bardock! A savior has been born! One who has the power to save the innocent from people like Freeza…and you!
*back in reality, save for a few quick visions of the planet’s destruction*
Bardock: NO! I’m not going crazy! It is the future! I’ve got to let the others know! If I’m able to see the future, there might be a chance to change it!
*Bardock enters a bar filled with Saiyans*
Saiyans: So, whatd’ya say? You dog!
*Bardock crashes to floor*
Saiyan A: Whoah! Bardock! What’s wrong!
Saiyan B: He got his butt kicked, that’s what’s wrong!
C: It’s about time!
Bardock: Listen, everybody! It’s Freeza! He’s coming for us!
Saiyan A: Us?
Saiyan B: You mean you, right?
Bardock: No us! You, me, everyone here! It’s true! He’s scared of us! He wants us all dead! My whole crew is dead thanks to that freak!
Saiyan A: Bardock gets his tail whipped and it’s the end of the world, right? Maybe you goons should stop pretending to be elites!
Saiyan B: No kidding, Bardock! Welcome to the real world, buddy-boy!
C: It hurts! Don’t it?
D: Let’s tell him that we’ll leave him alone if he bows down whenever he’s in the presence of a Saiyan!
E: No, forget it! That little worm is going to have to kiss my stinky feet!
Bardock: Fools, you’re dead!
Saiyan: Bow down in front of me Freeza, and while you’re down there, kiss my stinking feet!
Bardock: Fools! You’re all dead! He’s on his way!!
Saiyan: C’mon, Bardock!
Bardock: Fine! Believe what you want to believe! But I’m going to try and stop him!
Saiyan A: Man, what’s up with Bardock!
Saiyan B: He lost his crew, that’s what!
C: He needs to get to recovery!

*Bardock has vision of Goku on Namek*
Bardock: Who is it? Show yourself! Who’s calling me? Come out! I know you’re here!
Goku: You know who I am! Don’t you? Bardock!
Bardock: Yes, you’re my son!
Goku: It’s not too late, Father! To be different…than him!
*back in reality*
Bardock: Where am I? This is madness! Where I was seemed just as real as this! Freeza! I’ve got to stop him!! *he looks up at Freeza’s ship* I can feel it! I’m the only one who knows!
Toora: I have given it to you as a gift, Bardock! So that you could see! See the horror of your end! Now you’ll know how we felt!
Bardock: Well, I’m not going to sit around and wait for the show! I’ll stop him, even if I have to do it with my own two hands! Freeza, I’m coming for you, your murderous, self-serving traitor! It’s over! Torah, Fasha! This is for you!
*he flies up to the ship*
Freeza: What a stunning sight! Sometimes I amaze myself at how callous I can be!
Zarbon: Sire!
Mook: Lord Freeza! An intruder is approaching!
*several trillion mooks pour out of the ship, fighting ensures*
Bardock: Come on, you cowards!!
Freeza: It’s me he wants, isn’t it? So be it!
Zarbon: Sire?
Freeza: Yes, prepare my transport, Zarbon!
Dodoria: Huh?
Zarbon: Sire, you wish to leave the ship?
Freeza: Are you questioning my orders?
Zarbon: Huh? No, Lord Freeza! Right away, Sire!
Mooks :Get him! Got ya!
Bardock: Freeza! Freeza, come out and fight me!
Mooks: It’s him! Lord Freeza! We salute you Sire!!
Other Mooks: Yeah! Long live, Lord Freeza!!
Bardock: No way! You’ve lived long enough! Actually, it’s been too long for my taste! Freeza, listen up…we quit! All of us! Got it! We don’t work for you! We’re free! You can find someone else to do your dirty work! Oh yeah! There is one last thing! This is for all the people that we killed in your name! I wish we were never foolish enough to obey you! Here…have it!
*he blasts Freeza, but it’s just absorbed by Freeza’s own blast*
Bardock: Huh? No way!!
Mook: Freeza! Please don’t!
*Bardock is engulfed by Freeza’s blast*
Bardock: Yes, I…see…now! It’s you my son! You are the one who will defeat Freeza!! Kakarot!!!
*the planet explodes*
Freeza: Oh, my! This is, stupendous! Wow! What a great show! Unbelievable!! Look at that!!
Bardock’s voice: Kakarot! My son! Thank you for helping me! You were right! It wasn’t too late! I only wish I would have held you in my arms when I had the chance! Goodbye, my Son!

Nappa (over scouter)?: Prince Vegeta! Do you copy, Sir?
Vegeta: I’m here!
Nappa: Sir, unfortunate news from Lord Freeza! Planet Vegeta was struck by a large asteroid today and destroyed!
Vegeta: And, you’re sure?
Nappa: Affirmative, Sir! Lord Freeza sends his sympathies and regrets! As of now, you are the only known survivor!
Vegeta: Oh, really?
Nappa: Would you like to send a reply sir?
Vegeta: No, no reply.
Nappa: Very well sir, over and out.

Gohan: Huh? Oh my goodness, a little boy. What are you doing way out here little fellow? Huh? Whatd’ya know, a tail! Strange fellow! Don’t worry, I’m a little odd myself! Believe it or not! *Goku kicks him* Oh, my! You are a little stinkey, aren’t you? Goodness! You should take it easy on me! I’m old enough to be your Grandpa, you know! Now let’s see! Hmm…hm! Aahh! Yes! I think I know what to call you until I find out where you belong, little fella! Look, how ‘bout I call you Goku! Oh! You like that, huh? Alright, then, Goku it is! Woo hoo! Goku! *he lifts him up into the air* Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha! Weee! What a good little boy!
Kanzenshuu: Is that place still around?
Sometimes, I tweet things
We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.